A Grimm Community
Friday 8:00 PM on NBC (Returning Fall 2016)

Grimm S03E02: "PTZD"

Well, look at you getting all dark and conflicted and complicated, Grimm! "PTZD" may have concluded the Baron Samedi/Zombie Nick storyline, but the ramifications of Nick's time as a dazed and confused member of the undead are poised to play a prominent part of Grimm's third season moving forward—especially since the whole gang is in on the cover-up. Will this lead to Wu finally joining the In-the-Know club? Maybe? Dude was already getting suspicious of Hank and Renard being weirdoes about the bar-fight murder.

This story arc made it was easy to get caught up in the fun of the zombies. Zombies are fun. Even "serious" zombies can be quite a hoot, because zombies are just kind of silly. The Walking Dead and Dawn of the Dead and World War Z (the book, at least) take a very serious look at the undead threat, but still... zombies are silly. I mean, look at them. 

"PTZD," however, cranked up the srs bsns aspect of zombiefication by actually curing its Wesen-made undead and forcing the plague's survivors—specifically Nick—to deal with the fallout of what he did while under Baron Samedi's influence. 

Let's be real here: We all knew Nick wouldn't be a zombie forever. We all knew Rosalee would heal him. We all knew Monroe, Hank, and Renard would help, while Juliette stood around looked dazed. Nick's zombie days were numbered  from the start, and sure, his adventures in terrorizing the Portland area were intense and all, but the whole situation would ultimately be rendered harmless. The "crazed-Grimm" would eventually go away.

... except it didn't. 

Nick was cured, right on schedule, with Rosalee doing her potions thing and the guys jumping in for the assist and Juliette playing the part of concerned-but-capable ladyfriend, but during his lol-tastic rampage he kiiiinda sorta killed a guy. Oops.

It's always been one of Grimm's greatest strengths that despite the fact that the majority of the show's villains end up being Wesen, destined to be put down by Nick the Hero, Nick hasn't become a terribly self-righteous character. It's a threat that looms over many shows that hinge on an "us vs. them" plot, where one set of characters has been designated the "good" group and another the "bad" group, with very little variation. Giving Nick allies in the form of Monroe, Rosalee, and more recently, Renard, has helped to avoid this potential problem, and now, it appears, Grimm is taking the effort just a little bit further by thrusting Nick into a situation that many Wesen probably know quite intimately: being forced to "walk two worlds," living with the potential they might do something regretful while not entirely having control. 

Renard was quick to defend Nick's actions, despite the potentially disastrous outcome for, well, everyoneHe suppressed the evidence that would implicate Nick in the bar-fight murder and coordinated a massive web of lies among Nick's friends and allies to throw the investigating detectives off of the trail. When Nick confronted Renard, Renard justified his behavior by throwing the Wesen mentality out there: Nick wasn't in control. He acted out of instinct. He was only in that situation due to the influence of someone else. It wasn't his fault. 

Nick has never been a morally superior character, but he's always had the benefit of the doubt with regard to both the audience and himself, in that he's an upstanding, ethical, unquestionably good person and character. As the antithesis of a Wesen, he's certainly going to have a more difficult time coming to terms not only with what happened to him, but with what he did while all was all crazy for brains and lacking a pulse. 

Nick's post-traumatic zombie disorder is one of the darker and more mature stories that Grimm has taken on, and after a generally strong second season, I think we're in a good place to start it. We've been building up to this. It's time to jump in. Or dig in. Because zombies. Whatever.

Meanwhile, in the old country: Adalind got her hands dirty and Stefania enjoyed every second of it.

ALL ABOARD AUNT MARIE'S BOOKMOBILE OF CRAZY

– Idk why, but Monroe doing wolf-y things while in his human form always amuses me. 

– Do you think Wu is going to get an invitation to the "in on it" club this season? He definitely seems suspicious of everything surrounding the bar fight.

– Okay. I'm bored with the Adalind stuff. Can she come back and be all HWIC now?

– "Cut the thread with your teeth." NO. I'm not the only one who screamed "no" at my TV, was I?

– Monroe, Renard, and Hank + Nick in the barn: most incompetent rescue OR most incompetent rescue?

What'd you think of "PTZD"?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 5 : Episode 22

108 Comments
Comments (108)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Okay, two episodes in and I can safely say I still love Renard, still loathe Juliette. I like the darker territory for Nick, but though Juliette is arguably less box-of-rocks dumb this season, I still cannot stand to see her slap one more person unconvincingly or infuse zero inflection in her voice as she "reacts."
Flag
OK, so I admit I was wrong about Nick. He was just as unaware as all the other Lazarus peeps.

So we'll find out that Nick is actually dead and has no pulse?

A murder, nice... We should see how this will be solved.

So he gets to keep the super hearing ability... Thumbs up for the writers.
Flag
Oh, another thing. I did find myself annoyed with this episode a couple of times. I hate it when the story relies on people being idiots, in order to move forward. Unless the characters are supposed to be idiots... like, that's part of their character description. Otherwise, the plot should always adapt to the characters, not the other way around. Having the characters adapt to the plot is always just lazy writing.

It was commented on by others, but why didn't Renard destroy the tape? Or at the very least, copy the tape to a flash drive which he could then keep in a secure place in a bank or in his home, and then destroy the original, if he wanted to keep his options open? Instead of keeping an obvious... umm... (actually, that looked a bit like a card, not a drive. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that he removed the regular outside casing that normally goes on internal hard drives.) Anyway, he kept an obvious drive inside his locked desk in his office. That's stupid. Renard is not supposed to be stupid.

But it wasn't just that. When Juliette finds Nick looking and feeling like a corpse in their bed, she calls 911. Umm... ok, I'll grant that this is what one normally does when they find their boyfriend apparently dead. But she kind-of had a good idea of what it was probably related to, so it would have made more sense to call Rosalee. But that's fine... she called 911. And then Nick mysteriously wakes up. From being dead. So she tells 911 that it was a false alarm, and then she takes his pulse, which is still really slow.

And she doesn't call Rosalee. Why doesn't she call Rosalee?

Hopefully, in the break between the last episode and this one, we will find that she has called Rosalee, who is on the case. Fingers crossed. :)
More+
Flag
Oh, and speaking of the 911 call... this is just a nitpick, but why didn't 911 call her back? 911 always calls back, especially if you call them and then say, "sorry, I made a mistake" and hang up, as Juliette did. I made mistake calls to 911 myself on two different occasions, and they called me back both times.

I know it's a nitpick, but personally, I feel that anything that jumps out at you and takes you out of the story like that, needs to be mentioned. :|
Flag
Before seeing the episode, I was all set to complain about the title: it should be "Post-Zombie Stress Disorder," not "Post-Traumatic Zombie Disorder"... but I guess it really is a Zombie disorder! :|

I like this episode, and I'm very curious to see where they go with this, especially with the "he dies when he goes to sleep" thing. Hope they are going someplace really interesting and more-or-less permanent with that! The condition itself doesn't need to be permanent, but it would be nice if it led to something permanent. :)

Re Wu: I'm actually half-convinced he's already in on it. Like maybe he's a spy on Sean, or something. Just some of the looks he gives, especially in this past episode. But I'd be ok with him not being in on it too, whether he's eventually in on it, or not. Just please don't make him a clueless antagonist! I really like Wu, and I always wind up hating clueless antagonists. I don't want to hate Wu. At all.

I was bored with the Adalind stuff the moment she left Portland. She's only really interesting when she's face-to-face with Nick and/or Sean. That seems to be the only time she's not a mustache-twirling (figuratively, of course) villain, but more of an actual person.

I'm curious about how horny Nick is, all of a sudden! Particularly since he always seems to get most horny right after being dead. I'm almost tempted to think there might be a connection there... like he's contagious and it works a bit like the yellow plague? Or maybe sex will actually help him, and his Grimm instincts are telling him this?
More+
Flag
The episode was great, at the barn, everybody tried, but they were fighting a maddened Grimm! What made me curious was the voice of Lenard´s mom on telephone: it sounded like Stefania!
Flag
That is what got me too! It would be a great twist and we know that his bother is a hexinbeast
Flag
"His brother"... you mean Sean's brother? No. Eric is not a Hexenbiest (I'm pretty confident that this is the correct spelling, btw). Sean's mother is a Hexenbiest, though.

Sean is a prince, which means his father is... either a king, or another prince. We know this. We also know that his mother is a Hexenbiest... that's been established.

Eric was/is a full-fledged member of the royal family, which means he is human/royal (it's unclear whether royals are simply humans who are royal, or if there's something special about them genetically. The latter is implied, though, with the whole thing where Juliette could only be awoken by somebody with royal blood). The fact that Sean's mother is a Hexenbiest, making him half-Zauberbiest/half-royal, is what makes him the "bastard/unwanted" child in the family.

I do think that was Stefania on the phone... that actress has both a very distinctive voice (that came through remarkably well, long-distance!) and a very distinctive accent. I didn't know that Stefania was a Hexenbiest, but apparently she is, if she is Sean's mother.
Flag
Another awesome episode! I kinda hope Wu won't find out the truth this season, or ever, because if too many knows then it isn't as fun.
Flag
I really loved this episode. Just found out that the actor who plays Eric (Frain) is now in another show - Sleepy Hollow. Maybe this is the reason for his apparent demise. Guess we'll have to wait and see if he returns
Sherri (sg71musi)
Flag
Producers say probably not.
Flag
I hope they're wrong. Eric's death was too sudden, too vague, and too unsatisfying. It left so much unresolved, and almost seemed to come out of nowhere. He was set up as this great mysterious villain, we barely got to know him, and then, *poof* he's dead. :(
Flag
He also did a great turn as a crazy jealous vampire who was obsessed with Tara in a season of True Blood. He was really amusing in that. I believe he was also the Ice Truck Killer in Dexter as well and played Thomas Cromwell in The Tudors. He's a good actor, getting quite a few gigs these days.
Flag
Christian Camargo was the Ice Truck Killer on Dexter. Frain, meanwhile, was on 24.
Flag
I stand corrected :)
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
A darker en stronger Nick...i like where they are going with this.
I like Juliette like this more then the last season. She is more active and can be more helpful then in season 1..there she seemed more lost..
Monroe and Rosalee are so awesome...!
Renard, what to make of him...some moments i think he is good and some moments i have doubts..
Adalind is hopefullly finally ready with her disgusting ritual...and can she be badass again...
Flag
I loved this episode. So many good moments. I loved that Nick had problems with the others covering for him and the fact that he killed a person while under the influenze of the zombie thing. It will be very interesting to see what will happen with Nick and the looking dead sometimes and how will he handle the fact that he killed someone.
I also really liked how Juliette seems to be doing well in the new world.
I'd love it if Wu was brought in on the secret.
And I just love captain Renard. But I'm still not sure if he's good or bad. But for now it looks like he's protecting Nick.
Flag
One of the things that I liked about this episode is that Nick now is truly walking the line. As stated in the article, I've given him the benefit of the doubt, and assumed that he would do the right thing ... that's just who he is! When Juliette couldn't remember him, he did the right thing and moved out, and all through the series, he has done the right thing by not killing Wessen who were innocent: Rosalee, Monroe, and many others.

I also assumed that he'd turn himself in to the other detectives. I was thinking, "Wow, this is going to get real complicated!" But surprisingly, Nick gave in and did NOT do the "right" thing. What he did was the WRONG thing for the RIGHT reasons, and he's not entirely comfortable in doing that because up until now he's always done the right thing.

Also, I'm wondering if the detectives investigating the bar fight will get suspicious of Rosalee and Juliette. If you listen carefully, they had the same story WORD FOR WORD. Any half-baked detective should pick up on that as a red flag for a cover story. Could be interesting!

I'm totally enjoying this show, and liking how Juliette is becoming less confused-looking since she was let in on things. I was never annoyed by her, but it's nice to see her get into the action.
More+
Flag
I think there taking nick on a darker path this season where he will be walking on the line and not feeling completely comfortable with his choices.
Flag
The tests better be over and Adalind finally be a hexenbeast again.

I hope Wu joins the "in the know" club this season!!!
Flag
Damn good television!
Flag
Ok, if Renard is really going to make this whole murder thing go away, he needs to DESTROY THAT FOOTAGE!
I didn't understand why he didn't do so at once, but then he showed it to Nick to show that "he had a knife, you weren't overreacting THAT much, he could have killed YOU", but now that's done and you all KNOW that if the footage is lying around in a locked drawer, it WILL come out at the least convenient time possible, right?

Apart from that, I liked Nick's reaction, his immediate desire to turn himself in and face the consequences. And yes, I understand why they can't let him do that.

On a related note, how will they deal with all the other "zombies", some of whom have both attacked people and caused a lot of property damage - will they all be tried and convicted, or will it be blamed on a strange "contagion", meaning they weren't "of sound mind" when it happened?
And what about the bunch of them who got thrown from a third floor shipping container to the ground - are they all in one piece, or did any of THEM suffer major damages?
More+
Flag
In true TV fashion that footage will come out and be used to mess with nick. I was glad they made him react that way, even though he has killed before they were wesan and evil, this guy was an innocent crapy human who tried to stab him but still human. I'm going to enjoy the ark where we can explore the effects the zombie juice had on nick and see where there going to take it, seeing turning blue and dying in your sleep isn't normal.
Flag
I really loved "PTZD" Nick's character developed a lot more depth. Renard behaved admirably (except for saving the bar footage drive) Adalind and Stfania are great fun even if a little gross. I don't believe that Eric's dead - he may still be in Portland or hiding out in some foreign country. Who knows. Apparenty, Nick's mom will be coming back soon, and Renard's mom may be showing up someday now that she has called him to thank him for killing Eric. Grimm seems to be going strong - which makes me happy.
sg71music (sherry
Flag
Well, that season starter was amazing. And it set up the whole season beautifully with a lot of storylines.

- It looked to me like Nick wasn't really totally cured from his zombie state, but he seemed to remember what has happened in the end. Looking foreward to that arc.
- True, most incompetent rescue, but a great fight :D But Grimm in gerneral does a good job on those, imho.
- The whole Adalind-business was just disgusting - but way funny.
- Monroe sniffing after somebody - that always puts a smile on your face - even though thisn't a comedy :D

Flag
I loved Adalind's faces during the whole disgusting Hexenbiesting process. And last episode she was pissed because of all the work it was giving her. We gotta admire her total dedication to the matter. It would also be funny and gratifying for the audience if the process somehow backfired on Adalind in some unexpected way, though she ultimately should get her powers back. Something Grimm does well is drawing the right dose of humor from the ridiculous situations the writers come up with.

Nick's situation is only convincing because Nick is highly moral without being self righteous. Any regular Joe might have an easier time shrugging off the consequences of his zombie rampage, after all, he was not himself when he did it. But Nick is different. And the hardest for him is that he can't even trust the system and claim special circumstances, because that would require telling the whole truth, and of course that cannot happen.

Oh, and the reviewer seems to have overlooked the seemingly important fact (though handled very loosely by the show) that Renard's brother has been killed, so apparently ending his story arch. Usually when a character like that goes, the show loses, and the consequences on other characters have to be worth it. Maybe Renard's prestige will rise among the royals and he could be tempted to assume some of his brother's responsibilities. maybe that could put Nick and Renard at odds again? Let's wait and see.
More+
Flag
I threw up in my mouth a little during the suture scene.

Flag
Staff
Ditto.
Flag
It amazes me how quickly Eric Renard returned to Vienna. The fastest flights from Portland to Vienna take 13 hours (one stop), but most take 15+ hours. Or did he use a second private plane to fly straight to Vienna? Why, by the way, did he use one jet solely for Baron Samedi and Nick, and take another flight yourself? Was it beneath him to fly together with Samedi, a servant?
Flag
I don't believe that Eric was killed, or that he even left Portland! If he did, he's hiding out somewhere else. I believe the German guy in the airplane Renard spoke to, blew up Eric's car with someone else in it. Sherri
Flag
First rule of TV deaths: If you don't see the body their probably not really dead.
Flag
Okay guys, I just found this online, I haven't finished reading it yet but it might help. I did not know where else to post this besides this forum : http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/grimm---7-spoilers-for-season-3-from-executive-producers-and-star-david-giuntoli-001305932.html
Flag
Hi Stevei. I just found this online too. I'll have to try the yahoo site. Thanks
Flag
so here's a new question i would like to see answered, ok we know renard is part hexenbeast, on his mom's side, but what is his and his brother's dad? we have not seen the brother morph out yet, and where is his dad anyways? have they ever said? and where is his brother's mom?
Flag
They are Royals. We haven't seen or found out yet exactly what a Royal is.
Flag
Renard and Eric's father is a king and I think all human. Their father had an affair with a hexenbeist and produced Sean Renard.. Therefore, he is half royal and half hexenbeist Eric is all royal. It hasn'e been disclosed where the dads or moms are - and this includes Nick's mom. We just know that momma Grimm disnt get on the train when she was supposed to - she broke into a car and took off. Sherri
Flag
A morally-tortured Nick..mmh , someone is going to collect on that (i expect Renard to be first on the list, ---saving the video VS deleting it!).
I have this nagging feeling "Prince" Eric is not really dead (TV plot rule "if you didnt see the body of the character who died, they MIGHT serve better purpose later by "coming back from the dead"!).
Good God!! the witches ish just keep gettin gross !!.
Flag
cecylia248, I agree that Eric isn't dead. The captain ordered his henchman to blow up the car, but I believe someone else was in it. Eric may still be in Portland.
Yeah, the stuff going on with Adalind is pretty gross. She's going to be under Stefania's thumb for a long time I think. We don't seem to be anywhere near the time for a baby to be born - and this is what the gypsy land wants! Sherri
Flag
Adalind tummy looked really flat..considered how fast she got/detect the pregnancy....i was expecting some bizarre rapid gestation period..
I can't wait for a showdown btn a bwitchy Adalind and a cunning Stefania..There is no way that partnership will remain rosy or "poppy".
Flag
I like the inclusion of Renard more this season, even though it is obvious that he has more going on and his goals might not always coincide with what is best for Nick or what he wants. I didn't think that Nick's character was as black and white as shown in this episode and did not think that killing someone would affect him that much. If I remember he has killed Wesen and not had a problem with it. I also like Wu more as the clueless human than seeing him clued in.
Flag
I agree that wu should remain clueless for now anyway. In an interview I saw Wu said what he wants this season is a first name and another uniform!
Sherri
Flag
– "Cut the thread with your teeth." NO. I'm not the only one who screamed "no" at my TV, was I?
Blah... I was having dinner while watching this episode. I was dealing with an enormous mouthful when she said this line. I'm not making this mistake ever again...
Flag
I have kinda learned to look away when Adalind is around. It gets pretty gross
When is this baby coming anywaty? It doesn't seem nearSherri
Flag
As gross as some of her scenes are, I can't look away from Adalind. She's way too pretty. ;-)
Flag
Another fun episode. And if anyone that works on SHIELD is watching the show for some reason reading these comments. That is what a fight scene should resemble.

As for the rest of it. I really like what they are doing. I like that they are furthering the Grimm story. Because I find this new Grimm sleep interesting. Obviously with the being able to listen to the conversation in the other room, the catching of the bust in the house and what he did in the bar fight. Nick's powers are going to take a bit of a jump. Which is long awaited. He is supposed to be extremely powerful and I feel that is exactly what the spit did to him. The sleep I think is going to be part of the reason for it. He comes closer to death or a simulated death in the sleep and it allows him to be more Grimmlike.

I also like what they are doing with Renard. Initially when he hid the drive that had Nick's I figured he was going to use it to blackmail Nick at some point in time and he still might. But I like how they are trying to portray him as being altruistic in is efforts. But lets not forget that he has ulterior motives and plans when it comes to Nick and overall. We saw his deep desire when he had the coins. But I have to say, kudos to the show runners and writers because this is one of the better aspects of the story. And Sasha Roiz is player the character very well.

Now I am never one to advocate violence against women in any way. But it was slightly gratify when Juliette got the first hand knowledge of what being in the scooby squad entails. She is better this season, but only slightly, it might be the actress. She is the only one that doesn't look like she is having a good time with it all. It feels like she is trying to play the character more serious then she should.

Monroe and Rosalee were fantastic as always.

I like Adalind's story, for one it allows us to know that there is universe exists beyond Portland and at some point in time they are going to have to branch out. Also, not only that but these two stories are going to eventually converge and I really can't wait for that to occur. Likely she is going to bring Stefania along with her, who might be Renard's mother. And I have this suspicion that Nick's mom knows Stefania and they aren't going to get on well.

Speaking of that where is Nick's mom.

Great episode, no real complaints other than Portland police aren't state police and depending on which way the plane went they would have either been on the Coast, in Eastern Oregon or in Washington I know it is a small gripe but Portland isn't that big.
More+
Flag
Hi Mate. thanks for the nteresting post. If Stafania is Renard's mother, she would have to be a hexenbeist and this hasn't been revealed yet. As long as the drive exists on Renards computer, either he or someone could use it against Nick in the future. It seems that Nick's new ESP is going to tell him his mom is in trouble which will bring her back into the storyline. PTZD was a great episode
Sherri
Flag
I also really like how they are playing the Renard stuff. I totally expected a blackmail angle especially when it seems clear Renard is a force in the resistance with ultimate goals with taking a leadership role and I personally always have thought he has a vision of a older version of leadership where a Grimn works with him. But I think he has a more equal type goal and probably likes the group Nick put together as potentially a powerful group to back him and that they are a family.
Flag
I don't know, they could really write it either way as Renard trying to include Nick and the gang in some type of reform movement or him trying to blackmail and betray them in his power grab. I think both could be entertaining.
Flag
Yeah I agree I think we (and probably Hank) will always want to trust him but we know we can't.
Flag

I don't think Wu is going to be 'in on it' anytime soon (if ever).

Flag
I feel the opposite about Adalind. I am enjoying her storyline more than ever. Also, I definitely think Wu will be in on it before the season is over.
Flag
I also like the Adalind story line, and Stefania is a great character. I don't believe that Eric is dead - he could still be the baby's father as could Renard. So there is much to that could stretch this storyline into the future.
Sherri
Flag
Another great episode and after two episodes Grimm looks better than ever.
Flag
I want to know what is up with his half dying. I thought it was interesting how his skin grayed while listening to Juliette's interview. So, it's not just something while at rest.
Flag
Read the article I posted.
Flag
It seemed to happen when he taped into his super hearing.
Flag
At that moment, but when he was sleeping he wasn't tuned into anything. Besides, he's had the hearing thing for a while. I'm excited to see where this goes.
Flag
As am I. I enjoyed when they gave him his super hearing it added an extra layer to nick as a Grimm hopefully this will add even more layers, I'm excited
Flag
well i was going to ask why you did not go too into the adillind story part, but you explained you're bored with it
so my question is....
why do i get the feeling Stefania is renards mother?
Flag
Dang it! I did not catch that. But wouldn't that be great?!
Flag
I know! I was thinking that about Stephania too but she's not a...crap...witch thing is she? I thought his mother's name was Anastasia or something.
Flag
At least the accent of the woman on the phone did sound very similar...so there is quite the possibility. It would make sense: Adalind's child would be her grandchild then, how very convenient.

But was I the only one to be surprised how easily Renard's half-brother got killed off? I can't really believe that turn of events, because we didn't see it happen, just the reports in the news.
Flag
And speaking of Hexenbiests, will Renard's mother dare show her ugly face in town or abroad, or will she remain a mysterious voice on the phone? Greenwalt continued, "Renard has a mother who may be on the playing field," although he admitted no one had been cast yet. P>And speaking of mothers, will Mama Grimm return to the Rose City? Greenwalt remained cagey: "That is top secret." Kouf joked, "Well, you just said yes."
This from an interview with the producers and David Guintoli.

Flag
yeah that was way too easy, so yes i think he's still alive
Flag
I think Stephania is Captain Renard's mum too. It wouldn't be her grandchild because the guys share a dad not a mum. She's no relation to baby daddy Eric.
Flag
To my understanding, Adalind slept with both Eric and Sean. It hasn't been established which is the father of her baby.
Flag
The voice on the other end of Renard's call sounded exactly like Stefania to me. That could open a whole new can of plot twists. I do not believe that James Frain is dead yet. When there is no body, there is always the possibility that he will come back. It was too easy, and an offscreen death is never ever conclusive.
Flag
I'm still pretty unhappy with Bitsie Tulloch's acting. Sometimes, I feel like she's getting worse, which is kind of upsetting since I feel like Juliette could really be an interesting character if someone else was playing her.

But beyond that, I thought this was a really good episode. I was very happy to have our Nick back, even if he did sleep through quite a bit of the episode... and apparently learned how to play dead. Talk about creepy. I half expected him to dream about what he had done, but he still seems pretty much in the dark except for that flash at the end. But I couldn't tell if he was thinking of the video Renard had shown him or if he was actually remembering it happening.

Nick was so cute when he was trying to seduce Juliette twice. I like seeing this happy, jokey Nick again. He was so depressed in season 2, and now he has a reason to be depressed again. I just hope that his happy side won't be forgotten and lost in bearded depression.

As for Wu, I hope he stays in the dark. The more people that find out about Nick's secret, the less "secret" it starts to feel, and then the concept of the show kind of falls away. Oh? Being a Grimm and the Wesen world is supposed to be a big deal? Who cares? Everybody in Portland is in the know anyway. That sort of thing bugs me about shows that are all about secrecy. So, I just hope Wu doesn't join the band. Keep him as a groupie.
More+
Flag
I'm on the same wave length as you I think that Juliette's character could be very interesting and she has been given some good story arks but some thing was always stopping me from connecting to her character so maybe if it was a different actress her character might be more likeable. I'm so glad that nick is back to being nick even if I did like the darker side, I just hope that there's no permeate damage from him being a zombie
Flag
I loved this episode, this season is turning out strong. What is wrong with Nick I don't think it normal even for a Grimm to turn blue, so why didn't Juliette tell rosellee come on. I'm enjoying a darker side of nick I think they need to go into this abit more, and hopefully they do.
Flag
The scenes with Frau Peche's body were so disgusting. And I was eating. xp Its hard to tell if the gypsy lady is just messing with Adalind or if its really necessary to do stuff like "dig with your hands" or "cut it with your teeth."
Flag
This show has officially become a man in my eyes. More action, less obvious resolutions, less reliance on procedural elements, and Juliette isn't useless anymore.

I'm pretty sure Adalind was being trolled that whole time. Rebooting her powers couldn't have been THAT involved (or gross).
Flag
Is that gypsy woman helping Adalind get her powers back, Renard's mother? The last phone call sounded just like that woman.
Flag
Wu has already been hazed by the FoG(Friend of Grimm) Society. So it really is time to make it official.
Flag
Um...why is Nick seemingly dying when he is still or sleeping...this is a terrible thought but that is in most traditional tales or traditional ruled stories about...gulp...vampires. I guess we need some people familiar with voo doo to contribute (or hope AHS tells us) and what are the after affects. I mean this show would call him something different but he would just be a vampire. I'm very concerned.

Is it odd that Nick and Adalind are going through trials at the same time? I'm kind of bored too and anxious for the Renard rebellion to hurry along so she gets back involved with our crew. You just know at the very least part of her tests will be to kill the Grimm who took her powers. I justhope that given what we know of Nick he iisn't totally willing to fall on a sword by the time she reaches him.
Flag
Yes, what is that "dying" while he's asleep thing? He did get a double dose of the blowfish poison from Baron Samedi. Could that be causing it? Or is it because he's a Grimm. That's just going to be freaky.
Flag
great gif. I expected this type of mumbo-jumbo from TV.com staff but its good to see from a comment box.
Flag
I guess I don't understand the problem with Nick killing a guy. I mean, dozens of people were turned into zombies. Are they saying that not a single one of them hurt or killed someone? Just say Nick was hit by the same thing (he was), and he did the same stuff (he did), and he gets off the same as everyone else under the influence of the drug was.

Plus Renard says that it's a Wesen thing. But the people were turning into zombies publicly, and that's not a Wesen thing.

Heck, last week Monroe was tossing zombies off of a three-story cargo container. Are we supposed to believe all the zombie-people knocked kicking and growling from a height weren't hurt?

*shrug* I'm not buying this angst thing. Well, yes, I buy that Nick would be angsty about it, but I don't see how he'd be held responsible for his actions by the police department. Unless they're going to start arresting and convicting a lot of other zombie-ites.
Flag
It's very unlikely that all of the people that were under the influence of the zombie virus WON'T be convicted of all of the acts that they did. I mean, people who black out while drunk or high still get convicted, and as far as they know, this is pretty much the same thing. So, assuming that they are going to treat this very similar to people being under the influence, then yes, everybody that was zombie-fied will be facing some sort of fallout from their actions.

And, I don't know if this is at ALL correct, but at least on CSI, I remember them once saying that if an officer was ever convicted, even if they were found innocent later, for something like this... they'd lose their badge. So, assuming the same sort of rules apply, then if Nick had come forward, even before everybody lied on his behalf, he would have ended up losing his badge. In the end, he'd end up losing the reach he had as a Grimm, which has made him so valuable and such a spotlight for the Royal Families. As Renard said, this would mean that his brother won.

Now, this is all speculation so I could be wrong, but this is my take on it.
More +
Flag
I asked myself this as well. But I suppose there's a difference between Monroe defending himself, Rosalee, and Juliette from the zombie-ites and Nick in his Grimm super-zombie state actively attacking people. But even with that said, he had no idea what he was doing, and being a Grimm made such a much more powerful zombie. It's sooooo complicated. Hopefully, he'll have put it in perspective by the end of the season.
Flag
Renard made the case that Nick was acting in self-defense against the key who drew a knife on him.
Flag
It is probably more that they don't want him to face the consequences or for them to either. What Renard was pointing out to Nick was at worst what he committed was manslaughter but likely self defense but his life would still be ruined and even if he wouldn't be convicted..Hank and Renard might be suspended at best and Monroe could be arrested for b and e. But even if Nick isn't legally liable...he still killed a guy. If a Wesen did it what would he do? How can he view himself as the barrier between the Wesen world and the human world? This season is likely about Nick bending his morals and whether he becomes more entrenched in the Wesen world at the expense of his humanity.
Flag
And Hank and Renard would only be in trouble because they lied about something that they didn't need to, because Nick wasn't to blame so they didn't need to cover for him.
Flag
I imagine that if a Wesen killed someone because they were drugged into doing it, that Nick would be okay with it. Again, humans presumably killed people in the zombie state. Nick doesn't seem to have a problem with them, and neither does anyone else.

If Nick has such a harsh view of people killing others under the influence of mind-controlling drugs administered to them beyond their control, is he going to start tracking down all the zombie-ites?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members