A Grimm Community
Friday 8:00 PM on NBC (Returning January 6, 2017)

Grimm S03E21: "The Inheritance" 

Josh, the devoid-of-Grimm-superpowers freak in his family, inadvertently raised an interesting point during his mad hunt for Nick in "The Inheritance." When his Grimm father realized he was dying and needed to bequeath his trunk o' awesome and his coveted magical monster key to another Grimm, he turned to Nick because Nick was the only one he could find. We know there are other Grimm out there, and Josh's father also probably knew that Nick wasn't the only Grimm willing to take on the inheritance, but Nick was the one he could most easily track down. 

Even though meeting Josh and his father was ultimately a positive experience for Nick, the fact that he was so findable harkens back to Aunt Marie's warnings about building a life in one place and Kelly Burkhardt's good-intentioned absenteeism. This time, it was just a fellow Grimm looking for one last ally in Nick, but Nick's lack of mobility, or even some sort of alias or secret identity, makes Nick and his loved ones a target. While it's true that he doesn't exactly broadcast his night job to everyone, we've learned that honestly, if you're a Wesen or a Grimm in Portland, you'll probably know Nick when you see him, and if you wanna call some friends and organize some havoc-wreaking against Detective Burkhardt for whatever reason, well, feel free—he's not going anywhere. 

We've seen Nick and his associates targeted before, repeatedly, but this is the first time in awhile that Grimm has openly acknowledged the ease with which Nick can be found and his prominence in Grimm/Wesen circles—even with regard to individuals who've never actually interacted with him, or who are particularly active in this secret world. 

I like to think this means we're gearing up for something crazy, particularly with Trubel's observation (and OMG that name is so annoying, why can't we just call her Theresa?) that there's something kind of freaky and mysterious about how three Grimm were randomly brought together to be in the same place at the same time in Portland. 

"The Inheritance" featured quite a few callbacks to the Season 2 and early Season 3 storylines that were relegated to the back burner during Adalind's baby drama and homicidal European road trip. The Verrat—hench-Wesen to the Royals—returned to Portland, as did the mysterious map-making keys that the Royals want to get their hands on so badly. Renard put Wu in charge of tailing Adalind, and there was much holding-of-the-breath and wondering what the hell Renard was thinking in tasking the dangerously-close-to-knowing-the-truth Wu with stalking Renard's pissed-off Wesen baby momma. 

Speaking of Adalind, she's back in the full-evil groove with the disappearance of Baby Diana, and it's delicious and sad because things really didn't have to be this way. I eye-rolled at the fact that she's once again going to get to Nick through Juliette (or try to, anyway) because it's been such a good season for Juliette to not be a hostage, weak link, or otherwise sucktastic damsel—and also because Adalind and Juliette's begrudging truce during Adalind's time with the Burkhardts showed that Adalind had a lot of the potential to grow and evolve. 

There's certainly still hope for Adalind; after all, her new thirst for carnage is driven by a terrible loss and a lot of misinformation painting a very wrong picture in her mind. But like I said, it didn't have to be this way. 

However, Grimm's theme for most of its third season has run with the belief that nothing has to stay in a fixed position—from Grimm/Wesen relations to Wesen cultures and traditions to the personal choices that the individuals who inhabit this world make and live by. After years of aloofness, Kelly is finally experiencing something that sort of resembles a relationship with her son. Despite her apprehention, Adalind took to motherhood like a natural. Monroe and Rosalee, after quietly defying Wesen stereotypes for a long time, have decided to go public with their beliefs and get married. 

With only one episode left, Season 3's various threads are beginning to come together, and to form a cohesive picture amid all the chaos. "The Inheritance" excelled at giving that chaos focus as we head into the season finale. Earlier this year, I was concerned about the potential disruption to Grimm's momentum with all those WTF breaks in the second half of the season, and I'm not about to say that they were okay because WTF, but... in the end, Grimm's momentum is just fine. 

ALL ABOARD AUNT MARIE'S BOOKMOBILE OF CRAZY

– Every time anyone calls Trubel for anything, I feel like they're summoning a pet. 

– Damn, that Renard is FINE. 

– Lol @ Rosalee losing her shit at wedding vendors. 

– "One key closer... to who knows what." It's true. The key thing has been going on since last season and we're still no closer to having any idea what they mean or what they're for... and yet somehow, it works. 

– What are your predictions and/or wants for next week's season finale? I really hope the Juliette stuff isn't annoying and that Trubel gets a new nickname that doesn't make my eye twitch anytime someone uses it. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 5 : Episode 22

136 Comments
Comments (136)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I've never posted here but I've watched every episode of Grimm since the pilot aired. I have mixed feelings about the show. I feel like it has potential that it never really reaches; ironic seeing as it gets much better viewing figures than Hannibal, which is on right after it, and in my opinion has much better writing.

• Giuntoli still seems wooden to me. He has maybe two emotions, and I don't really sense much of a chemistry between him and Juliette. He has moments, but on the whole Silas Weir Mitchell is the actor I enjoy watching when the two are on screen together. Giuntoli is basically stern and stoic all the time, which I would understand for a lead character with a responsibility like his, but it makes him incredibly boring. He stays that way even when he's home cooking dinner with Juliette. Jesus, lighten up.

• The writing seems lazy at times. Look out for the next time you hear Nick say, usually to Monroe or Rosalee and usually every 1-2 episodes, "Just do this for me until I can figure out what to do". Oh okay, you mean until the writers can figure out what to do. How to tie up this loose end. And that's another issue. Loose ends. There are so many of them. What the f*** happened with Nick becoming all heightened with his senses after the zombie phase. I feel like they just brought in the zombie thing to have awesome promos for the Season 2 Finale and boost the ratings for like one episode, and have an interesting cliffhanger to promote Season 3. Who the hell are the Royals, and if they're so goddamn revered and scary shouldn't they have some kind of Wesen power of their own? How hard is it to come up with what the keys' treasure is? Here's three off the top of my head: 1) a ring that gives the wearer Grimm abilities; 2) a gem that unlocks a virtually unkillable Wesen that is trapped in the blood of all Royals; 3) an old book that reveals that Grimm were actually once vicious Wesen themselves that were cursed by human proto-Hexenbiest witches after they massacred a village, and the curse gave them the ability to feel empathy for humans and see other Wesen when no one else can, and effectively turned them into 'ambassadors' of human-Wesen contact for hundreds of years -- they then ruined this power by slowly starting to vilify, massacre and decapitate Wesen instead. A good production team could turn any of these into a viable plot line.

• On the writing again, I understand the whole 'Monster of the Week' thing the show seemed to start with way back in Season 1. That's fine for lots of shows, including classics like Buffy. But it's for those with a short attention span. Not to mention there were some lame as f*** Wesen, like the bees in the 2nd episode (should have fired that writer immediately) but hey ho, not every one is going to be a winner. There weren't all that many long story arcs, and I'm pleased that there are a few now. But I do feel like I'm waiting for that moment when the show hits its stride and becomes really good.

Going to stop now because I could go on about this for a while.
More+
Flag
Is it Friday yet?! I'm late to the party and finally watched it! Renard....WOW! Thanks for the eye candy! However no shirt doesn't excuse the fact he didn't call Nick. A simple, "Hey Adalind is up to something. Watch out." That might be helpful! As for Trubel she kicked some major ass and seems to be more aggressive than Nick. I think it's because she has had to survive. She's been running wild and has only had instinct to guide her. She has also been killing longer than Nick. I feel that Nick is mentally holding back because he is a police officer and he would be just as deadly if he'd just let go. Like when he was Zombie'd.....he was insanely powerful. Also it seems something major is going down. It's like there's energy bringing the Grimms to Portland. Kinda like how the Hellmouth in Buffy drew evil. Oh and how do you bring in the actor that plays "Holland Manners" just to have him die? I love that guy! I'm actually hoping that his son Josh develops into a Grimm. I feel like season four will be a battle and Nick is going need all the help he can get.....especially if Trubel is "Faith" to Nick's "Buffy".
More+
Flag
The most frustrating thing about Grimm is the fact that if Nick and Renard would actually SHARE information a lot of these things just wouldn't happen.. Oh Adalind breaks into Nicks house, I catch her with Juliettes dress and hair, she knocks me out with a vase... Im gonna clean it up like it never happened and not mention this to anyone........
Flag
This was a cool episode. Trubel is beginning to grow on me, but I'm not quite ready to trust her yet; she's still a bit of a wild card.

Renard is hot! And Adalind is messing the only people who've been willing to let bygones be bygones. She is such an overdone cliche bad witch.

Rosalee needs a spa day...and some xanax.

Why isn't Nick whaling on the Verrat the way Trubel does? We know he has it in him, he's just not using it yet.
Flag
Reynard has been working out!
That body was looking AMAZING!
Flag
I had to pick my chin up off the floor!!!!!
Flag
What I don't understand is that Renard is half royal/ half hexenbeist but we didn't saw him show any special powers or ability although Adalind and her mother were mortally frightened of him in the beginning but this season he seems weak and helpless ,he even admitted to being afraid of Adalind
And the Royal Family What are they? Are they humans or wessens ?
Flag
It's unfortunate that Adalind is planning to hunt down Nick and Juliette again. And all because she thinks it will get her baby back. Renard really needs to warn Nick...especially after seeing Juliette's hair he must have some idea what is going on. I think the show redeemed Juliette's character by putting her in the know, and I hate to see that destroyed by making her a victim again.
Flag
Juliette dies? Please...
Flag
Geez Renard is yummy. A solid episode trublel is a great asset to nicks little gang and I think he needs her just as much as she needs him, I'm getting used to her character and starting to trust that she is there to help. God Adalind I swear what are you up to and really Renard why not warn nick that was just a stub I'd move you know exactly what she's like. I can't wait for next week.
Flag
I like Trubel in that she's street-smart and quick witted. How often if ever you see on TV someone who delivered all the important points in one phone call without beating around the bush?

We know the Royal already have 4 keys, that leaves 1 more key out there. Assuming those 4 grimm families have been killed for the keys, my best bet is it's with Trubel family. I agree that it's no coincidence 3 grimms are brought together in one place. Now that Trubel has come to understand the significant of her family heritage, maybe she'll set out to track down her family root to find her key after all this is done.

I'm still not convince grimm power is passed on after a grimm died. Nick mentioned something about recessive gene. I think it may be triggered if one inherited the gene but it's either you have it or you don't, rather than pass on. Both Aunt Marie and Kelly came into their power while their grimm father was still alive and kicking as he took them out for hunt and trained them.

Okay... after 3 seasons, we're suddenly shown hexenbeist has telekinetic power, huh? How convenient! Or is there something freaky going on with Adalind that even she doesn't know yet? For the sake of writers' credibility, I hope it's the later.

I don't get why anyone would think telling Adalind the truth would ever be a good idea given the nasty basic nature of hexenbeist. It's a no-win situation no matter what they did because Adalind will still do ANYTHING to get what SHE wants.... neither motherhood nor 'truth' is going to change her basic nature which is going to be a really bad influence especially on a baby with such power as Diana. The simple fact is only a fool will trust her!

Nick losing his grimm power may be Viktor intention to make things easier for his goons, would it be too much to hope the attempt will backfire and which leads to 'catastrophic events'? After all, Nick's wesen poison in him that already changed him in some way. I'd like to think that still mean something to the writers, unlike Adaline's contract!

It's funny to think while Nick & co never expect Adalind to be anything but nasty, whatever damage she's going to cause, she's still ultimately the loser no matter what, she just doesn't know yet!
More+
Flag
Thanks for the summary re the keys. I had forgotten how many there were, and who had possession of them.
Flag
Oh, I really wanted Josh to die. He wasn't exactly very smart, was he? And always putting an obstacle to his father's goals. I know he had to play the role of the skeptic, but he went way out of his way not to believe his father when his father really needed him. At least he was the one to remember the cane.

I love devious Adalind. i'm tired of good-good mother nature witches. Witches are bad! And Adalind is really bad, she can't help it. I wonder how much of a headache she's going to be to Nick now. Is she going to send more blood cookies to Hank and Wu? And I laughed hard when she was trying her Juliette impersonation, but still sounding like Adalind.

Trubel has revealed great secretarial skills. I mean, the message she delivered to Nick, retelling the phone call, was rich in details and accurate. That's a rare talent. I like that she's confident in her grimmness, a side effect of being young and impulsive.
Flag
Hehe, yes it is a rare phonecall on a tv-show in a situation like that where all the relevant info is relayed and the good guys are not a step behind because of bad communication skills.
Flag
Love that Adelind is going to go succubus on us. We know from Hank's experience what having sex with a hexenbiest can do to you. Though everyone who says Renard should have drawn the obvious conclusions and warned Nick, is right.
Trubel is great! I still think her name is clever, and the scene on Nick's porch with Josh was the best.
Flag
Trubel is such a horrible name. I agree about the pet. I was thinking the same thing. I kept expecting to see the family dog come running.

Rosalee having wedding drama and telling Monroe and Nick that all they have to do is show up. LOL

I kept wondering why the keys have been relegated to the back burner. I want to know more about them. I think that is a better plot to follow.

Renard gets shot, I think by C. Thomas Howell. Juliette gets replaced by Julieind or is it Adaette? Nick sleeps with the wrong one and the fecal matter hits the rotary blades.

Didn't they say that there were seven keys? That is a lot of keys to find at the pace they are going. They hadn't even mentioned the keys before Mama Grimm showed up. Nick knows of no other Grimm families, except Theresa and she has no key. Speaking of which, how did Roleck even know about Nick? I know he is stationary, but I don't think they have GrimmCons or a Grimm family directory.
Flag
I think "Trubel" is a kinda cool--and fitting--name, but don't disagree that it is sort of sounding like a pet.

With this intersection of Grimms and all those keys, maybe someone needs to think to check for a key hidden in Trubel's knight piece.
Flag
I don't think so it's too small for a key of that size
Flag
good thought.
Flag
It was cool seeing a new grimm even though he didn't last too long. RIP new grimm!
Flag
Could it be, that Trubel and Nick are somehow related? Of course, she couldn't be his daughter but a half-sister or a cousin, maybe?
I really hope, that she can stay and become a part of the show. Nick could use another Grimm around. And now that the old guy died, will Josh become a Grimm, although he never showed signs of it before? At least, he would be in the loop and not totally surprised by Wesen and the supernatural world in general.
Flag
Even though Trubel disobeyed Nick, she certainly carried her own weight in the fight with the Verrat. Even Hank was suitably impressed. So yeah, I'm down with seeing more of her character in the show, especially if it's used as a vehicle to flesh out the Grimm family side of things.
Flag
Well, Nick did not seem to get his abilities until Marie was dying, so it is possible he may develop powers.
Flag
All I can say can we see more Renard with out his shirt more next season. Pretty Please. :)
Flag
Trubel sounds like she's related to Walt Disney's Goofy and on morphine. Ridiculous name but, just so you can look like the Nazi in Indi' MaryAnn: Trubel Trubel Trubel Trubel Trubel Trubel Trubel!
No real royal family involvement (bar Renard of course) doing the usual Castle Vessen Calling at all which seemd odd to me.
I'd still like more Wu. No doubt they'll draw him in as they get more desperate in the writing.
Which writer has, presumably; a male teen son who's sexuality they wanted to test, with Adalind's Errectus Hatticus Suck It Downicus scene do you think? And how did Claire Coffee keep a, ahem, straight face? Kudos girl. But why on earth didn't Renard warn his hexed sexed X Bitsie on the side Juliette? And the writers made many mental, myself included, with all the Juliette ballsing about before but now she's going to be sexy in disguise and that's a want? Hmmm. Why would Adalind choose shape-shifting over some other mind control or seeing through Juliette and/or the Grooby Gangs eyes?
Who thinks we could see a GoT wedding in Red next week? I do hope so.
I'm guessing the chest of goodies is going to find it's way to Nick gifting Trubel and her being sent on her merry to fight the good cause elsewhere.

More+
Flag
I really loved the episode. It was a very interesting premise that not all children of Grimms end up being Grimms themselves. Will be interesting to see what happens to Josh.
I liked Trubel more this episode but please start calling her Theresa because her nickname is really stupid.
I will however say it was stupid of Renard to not tell Nick and Juliette about Adalind when it's obvious that whatever she wants has something to do with Juliette. If the season ends with Adalind taking Juliette's place I'll probably be groaning. It's been done so many times before in other shows and it's just plain stupid. So please don't go that way. Someone should notice - even if Adalind looks like Juliette she doesn't know everything that Juliette does because if she did Adalind would now know that Victor doesn't have Diana and then that plotline should fall flat. So please end it next week.
But it's great to see other Grimms and that Nick and the gang now have two keys.
Flag
is it me or is something going on with the tv.com website? it half loads anymore and it does it on more then one computer in my home, just wondering whats up with it?
Flag
The front page has been broken for quite a while now.
Flag
So much to say about this awesome episode! I'm really liking how things are shaping up for the finale. I was a little disappointed in Season 2 of Grimm, but this third season has been way better for me.

I really like Trubel, and I like the idea of more Grimms coming together. Given how they've touched on Grimms sometimes coming into their powers when an older Grimm in their line dies, I suspect Josh may become a Grimm soon, too. It would be cool for Nick to have a couple of Grimms under his wing, especially since he can teach them to be "good" Grimms like him, and not ones who just kill any Wesen they come across.

I kind of wish Adalind wasn't going evil again too, but I'm kind of interested to see where her pretending to be Juliette goes? Honestly, Nick/Juliette could use a little shaking up. So long as the drama that ensues isn't too cliche or eye-rolly.

Also, perhaps with Wu on Adalind's trail, he'll finally get to find out the truth?!
Flag
I like the idea of Trubel, not her personally but anoher Grimm Nick has to coach. I like the idea of another key. But taking all of that and mixing it isn't good.

The thing is, there are way too many open story arches that are nowhere near closing. And show keeps adding them, as if they need multiple options so they can pick one when they feel like and run with it for a while. Recently there were:
-Adalind's child
-Monroe's and Rosalee's wedding
-Wu seeing wessen
-another key
-Trubel

I'd say close some existing stories before creating new ones.
Flag
This episode seemed full of obvious reveals to me. Of course the key was in the cane. Of course Adalinde is going to pretend to be Juliette, why else steal her lingerie and a lock of her hair?

Rosalee losing her shit? Wesen: they're just like us!

My interesting observation: this may be the first time I remember anyone referring to Juliette as "Dr. Silverton."

And since we mentioned Monroe and Rosalee's defiance of Wesen tradition by intermarrying...it's a secret wish of mine that they end up going to a support group for mixed-Wesen couples (after all, they need to support each other if no one else will), and one of the other couples is a genio innocuo and an eisbiber played by Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein.

And finally, like we say every week...will somebody pleas just tell Drew Wu what the hell is going on?
Flag
I am glad they have another key, even though the reveal of it was kind of lame and I probably would have just knocked out the Son because, I don't think he did anything but whine and disbelieve the whole entire episode. Frankly I am surprised Trubel didn't smack him around a little. It was warranted. So now they need what, 4 more.

The FBI guy is kind of annoying. He isn't really a good enemy being that they already beat him once. I mean how many more times do they have to do it before he gets the point.

Adalind turning into Juliette, though I understand what they are intending. She has Grimm blood in her now, she is going to do something to take Nick's powers. yada yada. But both her as a character and the writers specifically. Juliette is at least 2 to 3 inches taller than Adalind. Looking like someone is one thing. But are we to believe that Nick isn't going to notice that his girlfriend shrunk. And then you have the whole problem with plots like this and that is the people surrounding the person, their brain's take the episode off because no one that turns into another acts in any way shape or form like the person they copied. They just don't. Hopefully the story they come up with is entertaining, because the premise isn't. I expect more from this show.
More+
Flag
As we are wrapping this season i have one nagging question in my head.
What happened to Zombi Nick??
Flag
I have to agree - that nick-name has been irritating from the very start. I get why a girl like Theresa would get a name like that and why she might even like it. But to my ears it is just cruel, better just call her T.
I do wonder though if she will get the second key for safe-keeping. she seems very capable - at fighting she's probably more ruthless than Nick, sort of like his mom.
I do like that they gave her a proper part in the stuff that is going on. she would have been boring and wasted just sitting at Nick's house. On the other hand, I am not to sure about the casting choice for Theresa, but I guess it's to late now :)
Flag
That key trick was freakin' awesome, and I loved watching Team Grimm kicking ass :) but will the powers that be PLEASE let us call this girl Theresa instead of trouble? I roll my eyes every time I hear it.
Flag
I had such high hopes for an Adelind redemption (at least a little bit redeemed), but they really have no one to blame but themselves for her return to full on evilness. They snatched a baby from a hexenbiest, they should have been prepared for some consequences!

Other than referring to Trubel as "trouble" (I agree, that is stupid), I have been enjoying her story more than I expected to.

I thought it was really weird Renard didn't warn Nick and Juliette as soon as he woke up from getting conked on the head. I know he's not exactly a "good guy" on the show, but I thought he was becoming one a little bit.
Flag

Sigh. Why everyone keeps forgetting, that Adalind wanted to sell her precious baby to the highest bidder, is beyond me. She was, she is and will be a Hexenb*tch for the rest of her hopefully short life.

As if the Royals would let her near the infant, once it is in their possession. But yeah, let's screw the people who saved my life and that of my child over, doesn't matter, if I never see my child again, at least I brought someone down with me… (you get the gist?).

Not that I say, she should be allowed near the kid. The danger, that Adalind's influence on her own child could turn it into a ruthless and dangerous monster is simply too high a risk to take.

Renard should have taken care of his mistress and have her sent away, until she's down from the pregnancy hormones.

I keep my fingers crossed, that Trubel sees right through Adalind's scheming and kicks her ass all the way to Timbuktu or right into an well deserved grave. Adalind has reached a level of annoyance that easily surpasses that of Juliette while she was bewitched (by Adalind, so ultimately that makes her the biggest irritation of the show).

More +
Flag
I haven't forgotten about Adelind wanting to sell her baby, I'm not sure why you'd think that.

I like Adelind, and I don't want her to die. I didn't care for her much in the first season, but she's grown on me a lot since all her scheming to get her powers back. She's the one who should be nicknamed Trouble, lol.
Flag
  • I think people figure that when Adalind was willing to sell her kid, either a)she did not expect to bond with it during pregnancy or b)she had plans to do a double cross or both.
    • But yes, she would have been a horrible influence on Diana and I'm sorry even if they told her the truth she would still be acting this way
    • Renard knows enough about the royals where he should have assumed that they would lie to get a seemingly desperate mother to do their dirty work. No, he did not grow up entirely around them, but he still knows plenty. He has kept Adalind around because of guilt and to keep an eye on her.
Flag
That brings the total number of Grimm's we've seen to five: Nick's Aunt Marie, Nick's Mother, Troubel, Josh's father and Nick. And there's still a possibility of Josh himself. It would seem that they're not all that rare, despite two of them dying.
Flag
Good episode. Adalind is getting on my nerves now, whatever she is going to do to Nick - I hope it doesn't work and I hope she gets smacked!
I like Trubel, she's a great addition to the Grimm family, and luckily she was there to help Josh and his father when Nick wasn't there. Not to mention, her fighting skills are pretty good!
Flag
Is there somewhere (I loved thie episode and I like how they are working Trubel and seriously that name needs to stop and I think Hank agrees with us) we can write to NBC to explain a split season idea like OUAT does (and remember how we all raised our eyebrows at these shows starting around the same time) but if you want to use the time slot run it uninterrupted for twelve or eleven straight. I mean you have your small series that can pair it now.
Flag
This show started out with Nick being the Grimm killer, Monroe and Hank as the sidekicks. Now we have this female cast and it has turned into a feminist feast with Nick standing around in the back while this new girl.. Trouble?.. taking the lead. Is there some Hollywood mandate no men allowed? I kept finding myself flipping to the ball game and thinking about the day when I can buy internet content without having to have social engineering from broadcast TV.
Flag
Feel free to watch the A-Team....all women on that show are reduced to caricatures of what a real woman can be.
Flag
Check your math - Nick, Monroe, Hank, Renard, Wu, Prince Victor are still main characters... plenty of testosterone and balls abound in Grimm still so no risk to anybody's manhood for watching it...
Flag
Here you go with this misogynistic BS again. Give it a rest.
Flag
I think it is safe to say that that the Grimm at large are going to be laying a great part next season.In short order we have seen the appearance of Treubel , a Grimm at the beginning of her career in Grimmage,, in the previous two episodes and now the penultimate episode of the season introduces this end of career Grimm in Josh's father.You will notice he remains unnamed. When one begins, they have the right for the cool nickname (pun intended) but lose their identity at the end altogether.This is the ultimate price of being a Grimm. We are also introduced for the first time to the Verrat. All the more Grimms, all the merrier (pun also intended), I say.
Actually, this whole end of season is a call for arms, as at last we can see Team Nick coalesce into more than a Bad Wessen detective force into a small, well coordinated, well focused army ready to stage war. The eventual incorporation of Sergeant Wu into the Band of Badasses will complete the circle of trust that Nick needs to be the ultimate weapon against the Royals and their followers.
The way series work, we know that next season will be about the Wessen War II, the first one saw the non Verrat Grimms create the opposition, and we know that eventually Renard will win.The question we maybe should be asking is should he win , and what will become of the Wessen World if or when he does. Can our group of friends live in his world?
As you point out there is a normalization, a coming into the mainstream of human life that is dawning on the Rosamond couple, and we have seen other Wessen along the way ease up in this life; but we have seen also the Wessen traditions disappear also in this transformation. This dissipation of traditions has harmed humanity more than bombs and wars ever did; will it be the case of the Wessen.Well, not if Treubel has anything to say about it.

More+
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
They did mention the father's name a few times, it was Rolek Porter.
Flag
You were right, but this was Renard stating the police report. I agree that there a nuance that not everyone will make, but I still stand by my position. Again, that;s just me.
Flag
Okay, I' will check it out again.Thanks.
Flag
  • Not a bad episode although there were a few stupid things. The non-Grimm and his dad's angry exchanges got a bit annoying... How hard was to take the older Grimm to Nick's home or to the police station? It felt as if a lot of time was wasting with the two arguing for no apparent good reason
  • Adalind's the worst and Renard's a fool for hitting that. Surely he can find a better f*** buddy? And why didn't Renard warn Nick right away when he saw Adalind stealing Juliette's hair & personal stuff? Surely he could see that would spell trouble?
  • Too bad momma Burkhardt missed the Grimm reunion. She'd have kicked the old guy's ass for dying and disciplined Trubel for her bad manners.
  • And yeah, Trubel is a dumb name but she is great at fighting wessen... the actress can sound a bit wooden at times but the action parts are good
Flag
This is her first acting job, like ever. Give her some time.
Flag
iathen, i agree with you on points 1 and 2, on 3 not. Why you ask? Becauze even if they would get the location, they will still need the keys to get inside or whatever else. And the keys are made by Grimms, so it wouldn't be that easy.

And on the point that the show for the first time acknowledged that Nick is easy to find for a Grimm, that's not true. That was already acknowledged way back when the Vessen maintanence dude found out and later on bragged about it in a bar and such. Heck even the royals know where he lives.

Trubel?? Sounds so very german, i thought her nickname was Trouble lol, sounds way better.

I'am betting that more Grimms will appear, becauze of Adelind's child being born and being a big change and stuff. Something big is going to happen and like the Tempeliers they will work together again against the Royals. Perhaps Renard will become the new ruler then.......
Flag
Teresa Rubel -& T. Rubel -& Trubel
Flag
Thanks for the update. Still sounds like Trouble everytime when they say her name, but still thanks.
Flag
But @MoCrovellie is not wrong, "Trubel" is also a german word. Means confusion, hustle and bustle or turbulence.
Flag
So basically it means...trouble?
Flag
Well, sort of but not exactly. It has no negative connotation in german. On the scale from good to bad it is more neutral :).
Flag
lol u made some good points. i agree with 1 and 2 tho. just happened to be the right key lol.

but there is something strange with trubel tho i mean the way she eats and the way she fights, she obivuouly is stronger than nick. which of ocurse is understandeble since she is fighting since she was 13 years old. and nick is basicly just starting. i wouldnt neccesary say stronger but more sskilled.

but the special ferrat sucked. cause even hank could handle one and he is just human. i think the new guy will be the funny grimm. the grimm that really isnt skilled but more for comedic reasons.

i do wish that we would see grimms from different places like asia or africa.
Flag
I don't think Trouble is stronger than Nick, perhaps she has more combat experience. Nick has become much stronger and more able to use his senses, becauze of the Zombie-like arc. We still didn't get an explanation why Nick sometimes gets superpale and cold.
Flag
yeah thats why i said i meant more skilled instead of stronger. also they dropped the ball with that. becasue altho we saw nick use his senses in the beginning they just stopped developing that story line. and he basicly became the same old nick.
Flag
Yeah that's true, to bad they didn't develop that storyline. Especially now with the finale.
Flag
Three questions:
1. How do they know that the key prints should be placed in this order? Maybe between the first key and the second key should be placed the print of key no3 (unfound). Are they just so lucky that they are getting the keys in the right order?
2. Isn't it stupid to show everyone (even Trubel that don't know well yet and Josh that they don't know at all) where they hide the keys and what the map looks like?
3. Why do they need all 5 keys? We live in the 21th century. They could put the image on a program and compare it with maps in Germany (or all over the world) from the keys' era. If they know that the first key is the center of the map, then they can easily find the location they need. Otherwise, they can end up with many different locations (still not more than 20 perhaps), so it would still be easy to find the hidden thing if they really want to.
Flag
so ture.

there could be other markings on the keys that would not be part of a normal map that maybe could only be deciphered when all seven keys are available.

The thing about the map that is shown is, it has the fairly recognizable letters "Rhö" on it (at the end, when you see all of it) and there is not much in Germany spelled that way except the "Rhön" - that is a hill-y area but it is NOT near the Black Forest. I tried to figure it out from the three other points that are marked down but failed:
  • Burg (castle)
  • Wasserfall (cascade or waterfall)
  • Höhe (hill, mountain)
The thing is, I was using google maps, and the writers probably used an older map of Germany or something that could also confuse the issue.
Flag
My thoughts exactly..
Flag
Yeeeeessss, to 1 and 2! I had these exact same thoughts. I had the same question as 3 as well, but I don't think they know what is hidden in the Black Forest. So they wouldn't even know what they would be looking for. Only the area that the keys point out would even show them. Also, I assume they need all of the keys to open whatever the thing is.
Flag
Trubel is awesome, the actress needs her own spin off ! Anyway is it just me or has Nick's cool new powers at the start of the season all but disappeared, I mean he struggled in this episode to take on a few Veraat cronies. The key plot wasn't all that exciting I mean they still need like another 5 keys lol! Also great to see Adalind back to her old scheming ways she is much more interesting being a bitch ,
Flag
I actually thought at the end of last season, that this episode would be representative of season 3 in general. I fully expected that it would consist of Nick chasing after keys.
I'm pleased that that wasn't the case, but I'm not sure that leaving it until the last couple of episodes, just so it can create some sort of cliffhanger is a particularly good idea either. Especially if it's then going to be completely ignored for the next 20 episodes.

A bit of luck that that key happened to have the image that was next to Nick's.
To start with, I thought that Trubel's name was amusing, now it's just annoying.
Flag
Couldn't make it through this episode. So much dramatic music trying to make you feel the episode was dramatic. Some awful acting. Bizarre plot lines. If you know where Nick lives and you want to give him the chest then take it to him? I don't believe Rosalee would get flustered like that either. A few times I felt like I was watching an amateur dramatics production. Gah. So annoying and contrived. Maybe everyone was trying too hard. Is it worth persevering until the end of the episode?
Flag
  • Normally a bride will get a bit flustered, especially the closer her wedding is so that is not a big deal for me. Besides, she also has to worry about possible family clashes, a party guest accidentally finding out Nick is a Grimm, etc.
  • Rolek (the dad) was on the weaker and dying so it was more convenient for Nick (Teresa ended up coming) to go to him. Plus, it wasn't just the chest he wanted to give to Nick, it was the key that was the most important.
Flag
– Every time anyone calls Trubel for anything, I feel like they're summoning a pet.

Oh no... I am really okay with Trubel becoming Nick's unofficial ward.. But i think she is better off with Nick's mom... Which I hope she will come back with the baby to collect another Grimm to train...

– Damn, that Renard is FINE.

I have to agree... he is doing quite well.. Can count on him...

– Lol @ Rosalee losing her shit at wedding vendors.

I would... I mean.. She is being a woman..

– "One key closer... to who knows what." It's true. The key thing has been going on since last season and we're still no closer to having any idea what they mean or what they're for... and yet somehow, it works.

Ya... this story has a lot of unanswer questions... but the thing is.. there are all very interesting and fresh.. You kinda think like it is worth the wait...

– What are your predictions and/or wants for next week's season finale? I really hope the Juliette stuff isn't annoying and that Trubel gets a new nickname that doesn't make my eye twitch anytime someone uses it.

I hope Trubel beats the crap out of Adalind... She will be like 'DO NOT MESS WITH MY FAMILY!!!'.. Tht would be sweet... Pls... pls Renard and Nick tell Adalind where is her baby.. Then we will know for sure what kind of Hexenbiest is she...
More+
Flag
and i really think the Grimms should write a whole new book that entitles, Trickster Wesen Hexenbiest... knowledge about their potions, antidotes, their powers, etc... what ingredient would create what potion...
Flag
So there was this one scene where Adalind reveals she has a witch's hat, but uses it as a bong. I didn't see that coming.
Flag
It's kind of funny. To be rooting against the protagonists.
Whatever Adalind does now, they deserve it. After all, they all conspired in the kidnapping of her child.
Even if she doesn't know that... haha.
Flag
Lets face the facts, Adalind would not have been a good influence on that kid and would have turned evil. Even if Kelly had stayed with Adalind, there would have been issues and any progress Kelly would have made, Adalind would have undone.
Flag
I do think some of the fault likes with them, because I think they should have told her that Kelly has her kid, not the Royals. Not only does it avoid misunderstandings (like what's going on now), but it's not like she would be any more upset about her child with Nick's mom than she is with the Royals.
Flag
But then she would have gone to look for Kelly and would probably have aligned with the Royals anyway.
Flag
WOW... no pls.. it is because we do not know the reason.. that's why you r rooting for her.. But honestly, she would rather screw the Resistance who saved her from the Royals from taking the baby away.. Now, even with the knowledge she thought the Royals are keeping the child.. Wouldn't she find it weird that the Royals still entertain her?? Ask her to do their dirty job?? And how could Adalind blamed the resistance to be in this mess?? Did she really for a moment willing to be with the royals? With the baby??
Flag
Great episode i am wondering thoe will they ever talk about what was going on with nick when he would go all pale and super hearing and stuff or they kinda just brush it off. Also saw the preview my guess is Adalind takes nicks powers by sleeping with him
Flag
I think she is going to switch forms with nick and then shoot the captain
Flag
Yeh at the start of the season Nick became like a super Grimm he was so powerful now in this episode he struggled to take on a few Veraat cronies. I mean Trubel looks like the better fighter atm.
Flag
SEASON 4 then
Flag
I freaking LOVE Trouble. And damn was that directing top notch!
Flag
YES we need more Trouble, the actress is great , she has so much screen presence they should kill off Juliette and make Trouble a regular cast member :)
Flag
Oh Adalind.....I like can't even hate or be super pissed at what you are doing or about to do. You really are going to be destroying the only people you actually can trust. And its not even your fault, its theirs. And somehow Renard, maybe call at least like Juliette to warn her.
Flag
Renard, 'Hey Nick, listen... Adalind broke into your house today and stole your gf's undergarments and some hair.. you might want to keep an eye on Julliette and make sure she stays far far away from Adalind as possible..'
Flag
Must Keep Flagging! I mean already there are 4 of those "my__ __ makes $ on their computer..." messages. I am getting annoyed and I hit flag yet they don't seem to go away like ever. Whether the page is reloaded or I log out they remain.
Flag
seemed to be everywhere.. on GoT, OUAT, ETC... basically all my fav tv shows review.. so annoying..
Flag
Agree Amanda, I spend more time flagging than reading...
Flag
I just don't understand why they don't go away. I mean I hit flag but no matter what I do afterwords those same posts I just flagged seem to remain on the page.
Flag
Flagging merely reports them to staff, and potentially stops new ones from being created once the flagging reaches a certain point.

Whether staff deletes them depends on who is on duty and at what time. Needless to say, there's not necessarily a lot of staff around on Friday nights...
Flag
Ok, thanks for clarifying.
Flag
I am disgusted with Adaline for going after Juliette again. I liked Juliette from the start (although she is not popular with some viewers, I know). I just hate that she is being targeted again. Of course, I loved the episode as whole, that is, while I am blocking out Adaline scenes, and I cannot wait to see next episode.
Flag
She isn't going after Juliette. She is posing as Juliette in order to get to Nick, hence the potion. My guess is that is why she wanted to "take her cat in", so that way she knew whether or not Juliette would be gone. She does not know about Trubel yet, but she had to have figured Nick would be at work instead of at the house.
Flag
I actually think she is going after Nick this time around. I too am a big Juliette apologist. But I think this is where Trubel will make into any viewers hearts that she hasn't before because I am guessing Juliette (the real one) further tries to bond and then Adalind is mad and Trubel is able to see through the spell (maybe not because of any Grimm sense, but just in general girl seeing through bs thing).
Flag
But why would she go after Nick? She's doing what she's doing presumably because of Victor's orders, so that she can be reunited with Diana. Last we saw, Victor merely ordered his people to find out more information on Nick.

She'd only want revenge on Nick if she knew that he played a part in Diana's fake abduction. And nobody, including Victor, wants her to know that.
Flag
I think Victor asked for more than information. He told her to return the favor of Nick removing her powers. And that Nick was vulnerable because she has the blood of the Grimm in her.
Flag
I'm pretty sure he asked her to unGrimm Nick if she wanted the chance to be reunited with her daughter.
Flag
can a grimm be ungrimm?? but bare in mind Nick has his upgrade zombie powers... he is kinda Wesened-Grimm...
Flag
If so, it relies on a pretty important conversation that we haven't seen or heard mentioned onscreen.
Flag
  • I understand wanting your kid to have a normal life, but at the same time, if I were a Grimm I would do what Marie and Kelly's parents did and make sure my kid(s) knew all about the Grimm stuff. I would rather them know about it then for them to think I was crazy like Josh thought his father was. Or if I was the kid, I would rather not think I was crazy myself.
  • Finally another key, its about time it was addressed. It seems like forever. I wonder if Nick is going to keep the rest of the stuff, or if it is going to Josh so that when/if his Grimm abilities come to light then he has stuff to use. I mean, he did not seem interested, but if/when his abilities do come to light then he will need to start learning this stuff.
  • Well, at least now Renard is smartening up when it comes to Adalind. Obviously, his mother never taught him the potion/magical stuff because he did not even realize that Adalind was gearing up to do a spell even though he was suspicious about her being in Nick's house.
    • I mean, I would have at least called my mom and been like, hey mom, I know this hexenbeist and she grabbed someone's hair and a piece of their clothing. What ind of spell could she be doing? I mean we know his mother is alive and that she did this kind of stuff when he was younger so its not like she is not knowledgeable.
    • Plus, one would have thought that there would be a conversation with Nick saying, "Oh by the way, I caught Adalind in your house. She had a nightie of Juliet's an some of her hair. I tried to stop her, but she hit me with that vase."
  • Oh, poor Rosalee having a wedding meltdown. I know that weddings are supposed to be stressful. Luckily she isn't turning into a diva, and she has Monroe to calm her down, and can calm her down without getting yelled at.
  • Damn, Trubel can eat. I mean, that was a lot of pasta she put on her first plate and then she had more.
  • Ok, so when know that Adalind needed Juliette's stuff so that she could turn into her. Obviously next week she (SPOILER?) sleeps with Nick as Juliette. This is why Renard needed to do his homework. She Nick could be on his guard.
More+
Flag
I hate strategically placed glassware.
Flag
But it was nice of Renard to clean it up afterward.
Flag
Oh not the vase, the shot from behind of Renard in the hotel room...damned rack of glasses!
Flag
That was the most well-placed serving cart in the history of serving carts.
Flag
I couldn't see the rack because the rack was in the way.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members