A Grimm Community
Friday 8:00 PM on NBC (Returning Fall 2016)

Grimm S03E22: "Blond Ambition"

Rosalee and Monroe's wedding day finally arrived—and as predicted, Nick's Grimm bullsh*t pretty much ruined it. 

All this could have been mostly avoided by telling Adalind, our monster baby momma, where her freaking offspring was... or at least where it wasn't. I ain't even mad at her, though I reserve the right to change my mind if Renard bites it when Grimm returns for Season 4. At least Creepy Wesen FBI Agent is no more. 

The parallels in "Blond Ambition" ran deep: Nick and Trubel compared their lonely childhoods; the old-school ways of Monroe's parents stood alongside Monrosalee's modern marriage (and no one got hurt until Trubel showed up); and Adalind returned to her old ways, terrorizing Juliette as a means to an end before presumably running off to Europe yet again on some misguided mission. Whereas Grimm's Season 2 finale seemingly killed all of Nick—temporarily—"Blond Ambition" chose to subdue only one aspect of our "hero": his Grimm powers, mirroring Adalind's own experience with losing her powers to Nick. 

Adalind was a busy lady in this episode, which was both awesome and a little tedious at times. I don't think any of us wanted yet another drawn-out Nick-and-Juliette angstfest, and if they'd broken up yet again as a result of Nick's icky infidelities with Adalindiette, my enthusiasm for this finale probably would've been greatly decreased. At full three seasons in, Grimm is still too young to start repeating itself, and yes, sure, Adalind going all evil on Juliette and Nick isn't exactly new territory, but her intentions are noble and everyone kind of had it coming. Don't mess with the Hexen-momma, you know? Adalind was downright sweet when she had Diana in tow. 

But of course, like so many TV weddings, Rosalee and Monroe's just had to be interrupted. First Rosalee's sister got trashed and destroyed the gown. Then Trubel burst onto the scene to warn Nick about the one, possibly two corpses of law enforcement officials in his house—at exactly the moment when half the guest list was in mid-woge and totally saw her scary soulless Grimm eyes. But at least it wasn't Nick who was outed, I guess? 

Poor Monroe and Rosalee aren't even fazed by this crap anymore. I bet they pulled themselves together and went back to bouquet-tossing and cake-fighting as soon as the posse pulled out of the parking lot. 

Also unfazed was Juliette herself, who was totally unamused and annoyed by the latest interruption to her personal life by Grimm problems. She's come a long way from Flailing Damsel origins. Now that we're looking at yet another example of Nick's night job compromising the safety and happiness of the people he cares about, we have to start drawing the comparisons between Nick's way of living as a Grimm and his mother and aunt's methods. Kelly Burkhardt faked her death and essentially abandoned Nick in order to keep him safe, and Aunt Marie warned Nick against keeping ties to Juliette once his Grimm traits began to manifest. A Grimm's life is a lonely one, and while we've seen numerous examples of how that can go wrong, most recently with last week's episode, maybe sometimes the old way can't be helped, and shouldn't be helped. 

How many more disruptions must the bystanders in Nick's life endure? Season 3 showed a decided shift in the attitudes of many of Nick's allies. Rosalee and Monroe—especially Rosalee—voiced concern about Nick's endless need for their assistance, and how often that assistance has put them at odds with the Wesen Council. Juliette is so over all of this; from Adalind to Trubel to Renard, she's just done. 

Elsewhere, while answering Trubel's 911 call, Wu stumbled across some jarring Grimm literature in Nick's house that brought back memories of his first tangle with a Wesen—and they weren't good ones. Nick's refusal to tell Wu the truth about what Wu saw led to Wu's time in the psych ward. And even though Wu is made out of sunshine and awesomeness, if I were him, I'd be pretty pissed at Nick right now. 

I don't mean to condemn Nick's life choices or take the side of one type of Grimm existence over another. Nick's refusal to live in the shadows, despite his birthright, parallels the plight of those Wesen we've met throughout the seasons who defy their own upbringings to live in the open. And given Grimm's attitude thus far with regard to conservative Wesen versus progressive ones, I think the official stance is clear. Change is good. 

However, change isn't easy, and Nick's recent mistakes will make that change even harder still. Without his powers, without Renard—the only other party here who really knows what's going on—and potentially without the allies he's counted on time and time and time again over the last few years, the Grimm that returns in the fall could be a much more spartan version of the collaborative effort we've grown accustomed to.

ALL ABOARD AUNT MARIE'S BOOKMOBILE OF CRAZY

– What's on your Season 4 wishlist? Honestly, Trubel has grown on me—we just gotta do something about that nickname. 

– Will Renard survive? 

– How pissed is Wu right now? 

– The glasses idea at the wedding was actually pretty clever. Too bad no one bothered to tell Trubel about the wedding full of Wesen.

– So many conflicts on this show could be avoided with some simple communication. 

– Catty bridal judginess time: Y'all paid $7,200 for that? Rosalee's earrings, however, were fabulous. And Juliette's red coat. And Juliette's clutch. Someone needs to tell Trubel that the under-eye eyeliner is so Warped Tour 2004. 

– I'm really sad about the state of Adalind and Renard. :( 

– I'm also sad that we didn't get another Baby Diana sighting before the season wrapped up. Oh well. 

– What did you think of the finale? And the season as a whole? While I think that last year's zombiefest was a little more ZOMG crazypants as far as season finales go, I really enjoyed this season overall and I can't wait for Season 4 to build on it. See you then! Thanks for reading! <3

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 5 : Episode 22

232 Comments
Comments (232)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
With Trubel the only Grimm in a central role with powers at present the showered has the potentially to become a watered down version of Buffy. I don't feel this is Nicks fault more than it is a consequence of being part of that world. Although Wu is going to be mighty upset.
Flag
I like Trubel but I am worried the show is going to focus in her and reduce powerless Nick to a retired Obi Wan function.
Flag
This season finale was kind of blah compared to the three episodes before it.

Though, I did cheer & clap when Wu came across the book. I mean I wasn't happy that Wu was being traumatized yet again but YAY for him seeing that he's not insane. I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

I like Trubel. She reminds me a lot of Bullet from The Killing. Not just in looks but her attitude as well. And she's going to need to stick around for awhile now that Nick has no powers.

And, for Nick, losing his Grim-ness might be worse than death. He just lost everything that has defined him the last few years. Though it wasn't a finale that had me on the edge of my seat, I'm excited to see what's next.
Flag
I refuse to watch this show if that extremely fertile Hexenbeast is having a Grimm baby. I just can't take it.

Flag
I can't help but ask, after all that Adalind has done to Nick and the gang, why is she still around? Kill her off already. Her character is painful to watch.
Flag
You do realize that she only had that child because she wanted more power, right? Her "love" for it is not as real as many in the show want us to believe.
The only reason she didn't run to an abortion clinic is because it was of royal blood. When she found that out she immediately set about using it as a bargaining chip at every turn.
The only reason she most likely wants it now is to keep it's power for herself. So this whole maternal love bullshit the show is pulling, I can't buy for one second when every time we see Adalind she is always trying to be a backstabbing whore, literally.
Not to mention she is by far the show's dumbest, intelligence wise, character. She never thinks anything through, and will always follow someone else's orders.
Yeah she was a real "bad ass" this episode, doing what she was told to do, and then not even getting any real proof of life to do it. Moron.
Flag
I agree with Katerine_M..... I don't get why everything that went wrong and Adalind's bad deeds have to be Nick's fault. Why? because he's the grimm? Nick has never made a sole decision when it concerned others.

-- In Wu case, they discussed the problem and it's 3 against 1.... if Monroe and Rosalee had sided with Hank, I've no doubt Nick would go along with it however reluctant. The fact is Nick didn't make the decision alone so why is he being single out?

-- Renard let Nick decided what to do with his kid and Adalind? Seriously? In fact, Nick did ask Renard if he's sure he wanted to do this and brought up the Royal issue of which Renard shrugged it off. People are giving Nick way too much credit and power I say.

It's amusing how people assumed since not telling the truth caused chaos and ill effect, then telling the truth has to bring peace and HEA! How do we know? Truth is that's not what the writers wanted.

Adalind being *Adalind*, one can only expect her to turn around anytime and bite the hand that helps her whenever it suits her agenda, as she's doing now with Nick. The only truth with her is she'll do ANYTHING to get what she wants.... there lies the biggest risk, no 'truth' nor motherhood can change what she is. Blaming Nick for what she did is like blaming him for what she's always been. The real tragedy is having to deal with her.

Besides, did anyone notice what happened at Monroe house? Diana screamed even louder when Adalind tried to hold her closer and then promptly calm down once Kelly appeared. The look on Adalind's face said it all.... No, I don't think it'll sit well with her to know Kelly has the baby. Kelly having Adalind along can only mean she's going to have to sleep with one eye opens. Telling her the truth is only going to give her specific target to mess with at her whim.

I'd like to think there's a point to that scene, so I'm going to speculate that Adalind frenzy over losing the baby may have been intensified by what's in that contract. I hope we see Stefania again in S4 now that Adalind is heading there. She has a lot to explain.
More+
Flag
Still not loving Trubel. I agree that a bit of communication would have likely solved most of the issues. Remarkable how no one leaves voice messages... Still wondering what happened to super zombie Nick (I guess that is a plot that just wandered off into the woods to die?). For Season 4, I think they'll need to move to emphasize the serial elements of the show. Nick wandering around encountering random Wessen is getting a bit tired. Of course, the situation with Wu will likely evolve and Nick may have a new Captain, at least for a while, which will stir things up on that front.
Flag
I strongly disagree, btw, that anything Adalind did was Nick's fault. For several reasons:

1) Normally, I'm not in favor of advancing the plot by having the characters keep secrets in spite of all common sense, but in this case, there actually were several very good reasons not to tell Adalind the truth about Diana. The entire point was to give Diana a good upbringing, away from Viktor, so that Diana doesn't grow up evil and destroy the world. Viktor would have been watching Adalind. And obviously, Adalind was obsessed with staying with Diana, so if she'd known the truth, she would have gone after Kelly, and Viktor would have found them. There's no other possibility; that is precisely what would have happened, if Adalind had known the truth.

2) After everything that Adalind had done to Nick, Hank, and Juliette, Nick didn't owe Adalind anything. And yet, he helped her. He was (eventually) willing to let her stay with him, and then helped find her a place to stay. And they arrived at a sort of truce during all that, when Nick really didn't need to - he and Juliette and Hank were the injured parties.

3) Adalind was desperate, so I don't really blame her for not realizing this, but she really should have recognized the signs of Viktor just stringing her along. Even if Viktor did actually have Diana, she should have known that Viktor was just going to keep stringing her along, milking her for all she's worth, and then maybe, at the end, letting her see her daughter. Or he might just kill Adalind. That's what his behavior was pointing to. She knows the type. Heck, she is the type.

4) As far as Adalind knows, Renard, Nick, Juliette, Monroe, Rosalee, and Kelly all bent over backwards to help her keep her baby, until Renard gave up and decided that it was futile. That doesn't warrant revenge. Of course, she wasn't really seeking revenge so much as following orders this time, but I think she felt a small element of imagined injustice in there as well. Taking Nick's Grimm powers is too poetic for it to be otherwise. Which means she's still angry about Nick taking her powers away, in spite of the fact that the truth of what happened was this:
- Adalind tried to kill Marie and almost did kill Nick, before Nick even knew who she was.
- Then Nick and Hank saved her life (from the bee woman).
- Then she put Hank under a love spell that was very nearly fatal.
- To save Hank, Nick took Adalind's powers away.
- In revenge, Adalind targeted Juliette, a completely innocent party in all of this, put her in a coma, followed by months of amnesia, fear, and a dangerous sexual obsession that she didn't understand, and that could have killed her. In the middle of all this, Adalind came back to gloat, and to blackmail them into giving her a key that she had no right to. Oh, and while Adalind was there, she put Hank in the hospital.
- Then, when she came back (12? 13?) months later, with a baby that was conceived(?) around the time she'd been in Portland last, Nick and Juliette gave her a room and helped get her child warm. Then Nick saved her life from Verrat, and arranged for a hiding place for her and her child.
- And then she impersonated Juliette, which is a violation in itself, and tricked Nick into having sex with her. Thereby taking his powers (though, if I were him, I'd be more angry about the violation, which borders on rape, than about my powers being taken away).

Nick didn't make her do any of that. It was all either done because she wanted something, or because she wanted revenge for things that were her fault to begin with. Viktor has his share of blame, and Renard even has a little blame, but Nick was actually a good deal nicer to Adalind than he ever owed her. He doesn't owe her a thing.
More+
Flag
Considering that Adalind attacked both Marie and Hank under Renard's orders, and that he then abandoned her when she lost her powers, I would say that yes, he does have a bit of the blame. Also, do you really believe that Viktor is not going to find out about Kelly, with or without Adalind? He's already investigating the"woman in black" and knows that she's somehow associated with Nick, so it's not a very long leap from there.......
Flag
I thought the season finale was fun. Ridiculously predictable, in that the preview the previous week gave away all of the twists, and so I actually half-knew by Thursday night, that Adalind was going to take away Nick's powers and Renard was going to be shot, etc. So, ridiculously predictable, but fun.

- Here's my big question: how, exactly, does Nick feel about not being a Grimm anymore? As he said in this very episode, being a Grimm didn't make his life any easier, or Juliette's, or Trubel's. So I'm left with two overriding questions for season 4, episode 1: How will Nick get his powers back (since he kind of has to, or there wouldn't be a show), and 2: Will he even want to? On the one hand, it's done nothing for him, or Juliette, or anybody else in his life. His life would certainly be easier without it. On the other hand, it makes him better able to protect people, and over the past three years, it's kind of become part of his identity. At the end of the episode, the look on his face said that even he wasn't sure how he felt about the idea of not being a Grimm anymore.

Juliette, I think, is secretly glad. I think that, all year, when she was enthusiastically reading the books, diving into research, trying to make contact with his mother, etc, it was because Nick didn't exactly have a choice about being a Grimm, so she was putting on a brave face. But if Nick actually chose being a Grimm, that might change her outlook of him.

- MonRosalee's wedding actually went considerably better than I predicted. The wedding itself was beautiful and went by without a hitch, and nobody died. :) I'm more than a little disappointed at not being able to hear Nick's speech, though. I really wanted to hear it. The best man's speech was a wonderful opportunity to actually hear Nick's friendship with Monroe and Rosalee expressed in words (since he's normally a very reserved person who doesn't do that very easily).

I don't necessarily agree that MonRosalee are necessarily "over" Nick's neediness... I just think that the relationship is becoming more equal. I've said it before, but the inequality of their friendship always bothered me, but that does not mean, under any circumstances, that I want to see that friendship dissolve. What I really want to see, is the inequality corrected. There's still a chance for that... I'm now picturing a scenario where Nick figures out how to "cure" what Adalind did to him, but is torn about whether he wants to drink it. And then Monroe and Rosalee get in trouble due to being married to each other (you know, a reason totally unrelated to Nick's Grimmness), and Nick has to become a Grimm again to save them. That would help address the inequality a lot. :)

- Renard will survive. Not sure how yet (perhaps he, too, has two hearts? Perhaps he prepared somehow? Not sure), but he'll survive. His role in the story isn't over, and can't be filled by anybody else. He'll be taken out of play for the first few episodes, though.

- More than a little worried about Wu. Mainly because, with everything else on Nick's plate, and given the writing patterns on this show, I can't see this ending any other way than Wu confronting Nick, Nick lying, and getting into trouble with the law as a result. He and Hank aren't going to be able to cover up Truble's actions anymore... not with Wu on the scent and Renard unable to cover for them.

-
I'm kind of torn about how I feel about the cliffhanger in general. They always end with a cliffhanger, but by far, their best cliffhanger was the season 2 midseason finale (the, "to be continued... sorry" one). That one left me with so many mental fanfics, imagining how things were going to go, how I wanted things to go, and the return from the hiatus didn't disappoint. The midseason finale this year (before the Olympics) was really good too, leaving me with lots of mental fanfics centering around how Nick and Monroe were going to deal with Monroe's parents. In contrast, last year's season finale (with zombie Nick) wasn't bad, but it didn't leave me imagining all sorts of scenarios either, and where's the fun in that? This finale was somewhere in between... some of it just leaves me wondering where we go from here (not fun), and some of it leaves me with lots of speculation (fun).

Can't wait for next season! Any ideas whether we'll have to wait until the end of October again?
More+
Flag
I suspect as the summer goes on (and yes, four months as grown up is a very short period of time) the more kind of irritated I am going to get at this season finale. The only thing keeping me from being super irritated is that the showrunners seemed to indicate in post interviews that they are going to pay more attention to the keys and whatnot next season. I am just not sure how much angst I can take on this show.
Flag
And what is more great is that it keeps a steady good course with no ups & downs. It gets better in every episode without having "bad moments" or "unsuccessful ideas".

Flag
I know that whatever the writers would have written for the season finale there would have been some who loved it and some who hated it. It depends on the expectations. Well I found this last episode as brilliant and overwhelming. I didn't see it coming and I am already looking forward for the next season. A great show!
Flag
If they've killed Renard when S4 rolls around I will NEVER forgive this show....ever.
Flag
i love "trouble"came in this season - its all about the "chractor"! Its not a bad idea for nick lost his Grimm power - maybe that is what he and juliette want in the first place! (but i know he will get it back). I like adalind - because she twisted everything before she left - I am so expecting the season 4 will be another exciting story.
Flag
I have a feeling that in season four we will find that Trubel is really Nick's younger sister. I also have a sinking feeling that a Grimm will end up losing their life so that Nick may get his powers back, but then again, maybe not. I must say though, I have enjoyed the series and the modern spin thus far…except for Bitsie Tulloch, I am still on the rocks about her in the series. I feel that she has no depth as an actress (her character has potential), the way she acts is flat in comparison to her counterparts.
Flag
I thoroughly enjoyed the Season 3 finale! I particularly liked the way the wedding scenes were woven together with the action scenes. And I'm happy that Monroe and Rosalee actually got married before the s**t hit the fan.

There was a certain symmetry in Nick losing his Grimm powers at Adalind's hands, although I have no doubt he will want them back, and will get them back. That, after all, is the premise of the show. This could be the end of the road for him and Juliette, and I would be okay with that. It would be interesting to see Nick in other romantic relationships. Although I don't dislike Juliette as so many viewers seem to.

I'm glad that Wu found the Wesen evidence and will finally know the truth. And even though Rosalee and Monroe have complained about Nick asking for help all the time, they are loyal friends and no one is abandoning Nick anytime soon. My biggest concern is for Renard. They really tried to sell his 'death' with the final shot of him bleeding internally. I love the character and the actor and would hate to see him die!

And finally, I hope that Adalind has gone on her last rampage. I understand she wants her baby back, and I don't know what will happen when she finds out the Royals don't have her. I just think she should not go after Nick and crew again, unless it's her swan song. And I would rather see her join the team than continue to be an enemy.

And in the midst of it all, I thought the wedding was sweet, and I loved the dress!
More+
Flag
I'd like for this to be the end of Nick and Juliette, but not because I don't like her or want Nick dating someone else. The life of a Grimm is supposed to be solitary and there's good reason for that; it's high time Nick suffered consequences from being an 'open' Grimm, and a relationship failure would be both an appropriate consequence but not one that devastates Nick or the show entirely.
Flag
There is only one problem with the “life of a Grimm is supposed to be solitary” idea: where would the next generation of Grimms come from? Obviously, many of the Grimms have children or there wouldn’t be any Grimms.
Flag
trouble. why are you saying trubel?? for some reason it really bothers me
Flag
Teresa Trubel is the character's name, and Trouble is her nickname. The character Teresa doesn't like being called Teresa, and asks that they all call her "Trouble"
Flag
i get it now. thank you, i was like why are they spelling it wrong? haha
Flag
It's starting to look as if Juliette could leave. It also seems that Adalind might have just got herself a baby Grimm.
Flag
I just love Grimm. Awsome show as always. I think Trubel is possibly Nick's sister. Anything is possible. Can't wait for season 4.
Flag
I bet that Trubel is Nick's sister. She sort of looks like a girl Nick. And I hope that Wu joins the "team". Nick would need all the help that he can get now that he's not a Grimm.
Flag
Season 4 WISHLIST:
1. Get rid of Juliette replace her with Trubel on the main cast
2. Introduce a new primary "big bad" , those Toothless Royals are BORING, an evil Grimm who leads a secret cult hellbent on eradicating Wesens. Tie them into the key(s)/map arc by having them also looking to gather the 7 keys to unlock the secret power which they want to wipe out the Wesen.
3. Invite poor WU to Grimm club
4. Kill off Juliette , this ties in with point number 1 :)
Flag
I'm fine with keeping the Royals as the main threat , while we deal with evil grimms and other stuff . But they do need to do more than twirling their mustaches (especially when they dont have any) , and show us why are they even in charge and we are not just dealing with some kind of wesen KGB led by Hundjagers ... namely the Verrat . Hell some Verrat high ranking officials trying a takeover , and trying to officially run what they already do in fact , might even be a cool plot
Flag
I agree with number 3! :)
Flag
Well, I don't condone separating mother and child, but in this particular case, sure glad they took the baby from Adalind. 3 seasons of same old trouble maker up to same old tricks for same old self-serving reasons is getting real old and tiresome. i hope Viktor locks her up in his dungeon if they won't kill her off!

If they're going to recycle another who's the daddy baby plot next season, I'm done with the show that's for sure.
Flag
Trubel is growing on me too, but she could have been a little smarter about how she entered a wesen wedding. She knew there would be wesen there.

I hope Renard won't die.

Bitch Adalind for making Nick cheat on Juliette. That's how Juliette feels, and it is technically true. :( I never like those kind of episodes where someone sleeps with a clone/twin/copy. They did it in Fringe and Buffy as well. I dislike it because it's sad.
I really hope Adalind didn't do it to become pregnant with a Grimm, and that him losing the Grimmness is all there was to it. I hope he gets it back! He has to.

I suppose it is for the best that Wu found out, but I don't like when too many people in a show are in on the secret.

"So many conflicts on this show could be avoided with some simple communication."
That goes for EVERY show. I suppose they can't communicate on TV, because if they did, there wouldn't be so many intrigues to make TV out of.

It wasn't as good a finale as season 2, but it is still good as always. I can't wait for the next season, and to see more of the baby and Nick's mother. I hope Nick and Juliette will stay together. I'm indifferent to whether Trubel stays or not.
More+
Flag
It was a great finale. Loads of action and serious consequences... Plenty of cliffy elements so we all come back next fall...
  • Adalind has always been evil (minus the 5 mins we felt sorry when she lost the baby) so frankly all the other characters have acted like fools for not keeping closer tabs or even talking to her...
  • Still on Adalind... I doubt this will happen again but wouldn't it be fun if she was now pregnant of the Grimm?
  • Nick no longer being a Grimm was heartbreaking... I liked Trubel's sympathy who appears more and more like his younger sister (they even look alike a bit)...
  • Trubel was awesome kicking ass again and dispatching that FBI douche
  • Please Grimm do not kill the Captain... And not just because he is hot...
  • I liked the wedding bits running in parallel to the Adalind conspiracy... Esp. the wedding dressed being ruined... Sister from hell!!! Nice recovery from the parentals now protecting the Grimms from the wedding guests...
  • I admit being a little excited about the possibility that Juliette walks out from all this insanity although she had a good ep last night when she was part of the action... The actress is good, should be in a show where she gets a better character
All in all I can't wait for Season 4... A Grimm-less Nick sure is an unknown quantity....
More+
Flag
An exceptional hour of TV, I thought the episode had plenty of drama and I was screaming at the TV (at night) by the end. Great of the writers to spill the potion that would have restored Nick's powers beautiful cliffhanger. Nick really looked sad for someone ambivalent about his powers I really liked that( never know what you have until you lose it) I hope Adalind gets pregnant again wow what a story. Imagine what the roylas would want with a grim-wesen hybrid.
Lotsa stuff to look forward to in season 4....and the wedding was great! I always wonder who dresses the actors very good ....great taste in clothes and style.

Flag
I'm not a huge fan of the Adalind story and tend to fast-forward through her parts more often than not. Unfortunately, this means that I fast-forwarded through most of the episode. I was more than annoyed that Renard didn't pass on his suspicions to Nick, Trubel didn't pass on her suspicions to Nick, Juliette didn't pass on her suspicions to Nick...okay, now we're at the level of a broken record. I rarely complain of poor writing because if the writing was truly awful, there would be no show. But in this case, I'm complaining of soap opera quality writing; the hoops I have to jump through to believe that the characters would be following the rationale given is just ludicrous. And did Juliette really believe that Nick would fool around on her after everything he's done to prove how he feels about her??!

I did like the build up of the wedding, and those interactions. I also liked most, though not all, of Teresa's scenes. I was sort of expecting the de-Grimming, but was hoping for a less cliched cliff-hanger.

All in all, not my favorite season finale. Hopefully next season will be better.
Flag
The actress who plays Nick's wife is terrible. I saw her in something else recently and she is dead weight. She has no clue how to act. What's more, her character is terribly written. I assume that the writers of the show dislike her and her purposely giving her bad dialogue. "That was some coma you put me in, bitch!" Honestly, how bad was that line. Are there different variations of comas? Wa sshe pisse doff because she was in one particular kind of a coma and not another?

Who do the writers and producers think are watching this show? Are the writers from the Hallmark Channel? Who on earth cares about this "housewife?" I thought she was a vet? She is so stupid, I don't know how someone like that could become a vet anyway. Maybe the writers hate vets and are trying to show them in a bad light?

Why all the effort to try to make the audience like her? Why not shove her in the background? She plays no important role in the show. If anything, it makes Nick seem like more of a putze. In my entire life I never saw a show where the "hero" needs so much help from so many people. He can't do a thing by himself. OKay, if it was him and his partner then that would work. Maybe if he consulted Monroe periodically, that would be okay, too. But he is constantly in "conferences" with what seems like a Board of Directors before he does anything. Enough with his wife! Kill her! She sucks! My friends and I turn down the volume or look away when she speaks. Begone with her!!!! Please!

By the way, what happened to the whole Zombie Gimm thing? Did the writers not know how to follow that up? Nick having super hearing and seeing things and dying and not dying, etc. That is cool stuff and a heck of a lot more interesting that seeing him in the kitchen talking to that idiot he lives with.

I think everyone here will agree on one thing. There needs to be a spin-off immediately before this show tanks any further. It should be called THE SPICE SHOP. It should star Monroe and Rosalie. They are the BEST characters anyway. They should constantly deal with all sorts of freakish stuff that they handle on their own, with potions, spells, etc. However, periodically they should get in over their head and contact their friend Nick (and his cute-ass wife Trubel) who happens to be a cop and a Grimm, and they can bring him in on the action, and he can resolve stuff legally, and be the public hero.

If not, then for crying out loud, put Monroe on the payroll and let him get PAID for being a consultant and informant for the police. If so, then he and Rosalee can feel better about Nick's constant badgering for info, since he will likely get paid more than he makes fixing clocks.
By the way, the actress who plays Rosalee is awesome and adorable! If she and Monroe were not on the show I am not sure if I would still be watching it. Please create a Spin-off! I'd watch that!

More+
Flag
Hrm, it´s almost obvious how the next season will start. The prince will tell Adalind the truth, she will go back to Portland but, oh, everyone is really angry for what she had done and I guess she didn´t expect that Renard would be shot.
Flag
Oh no... I don't think that's what Viktor will do at all. I think Adalind will show up, all eager to see her baby, and Viktor will congratulate her on a job well done, and promise to let her see Diana... if only she will do this one more thing...

Don't know what the one more thing will be, but I definitely think that Viktor will keep stringing Adalind along for as long as he possibly can, because he knows she's desperate and so he can.
Flag
Yes, but this will only work for so long.
Flag
I wonder if Wu peed on the rug?
Flag
Oh, and a moment of silence for poor Sebastian, who gave his all for the resistance. He was even tortured at the end. Unless waterboarding isn't torture; apparently there is some debate about that.

Flag
I liked this season finale much better than last year's. It was obvious then that Nick could not be dead, and it didn't take long for everything to be back to normal (whatever your normal is). This time there are real questions: What will happen when Adelind finds out the Royals do not have her baby? How will Nick operate without Grimm powers? What will happen to his relationship with Juliette? When and what will Wu find out? What will Renard be capable of and when (I assume he will live)?
Since there has been a fair bit of foreshadowing lately, did anyone else find the long shots of the trailer in the woods ominous? As if someone was watching? I hope the books have been scanned and there is a USB somewhere with their lore preserved, in case harm comes to them. Maybe Trubel could work on that if it hasn't been done yet. And the weapons should be split into at least two arsenals, and one hidden elsewhere. I understand Portland has some nice rental storage units.

Flag
I'm not sure what to think. The stakes were high and I really did enjoy the episode's intensity but... Communicate and think you numb nuts!

Here comes the nitpicking... First of all, I find it hard to believe that for a long time couple, Nick would not notice anything different in Juliette's behaviour when Adalind was posing as her.

Second of all, no worries after that? Nick and Juliette realise that Adalind was the one who jumped his bones but they don't question the reason why she did that. If I was Nick, I would call Renard, Monroe, Rosalee, and the STD clinic and freak out a lot. Did they just think that she wanted to cause trouble to their relationship or just felt attracted to Nick?

And the whole debacle with Juliette/Adalind and Renard. What? Just talk you imbeciles. Don't hang up and don't talk around the subject...

Renard: "Why'd you kiss me yesterday?"
Juliette: "I was at the rehearsal dinner yesterday. What are you talking about?"
Renard: "Oh so THAT'S what Adalind was doing at your place! Okay, be careful, avoid Adalind, tell Nick that I think that Adalind is shapeshifting into you!"

That would have cleared a lot out.

I really did like the episode and season overall. Though I dislike ending seasons in cliffhangers, this does give us a lot of potential storylines for season 4.
  • Wu's gotta be pissed at Nick and probably starts to investigate the wesen incident he was in.
  • Trubel is most likely going to stay around to help Nick get his mojo back.
    • Which is nice, I like the character.
  • Nick and Juliette should probably break up. Nick being a Grimm is causing Juliette to take a lot of shit for it and I'm not a fan of it. It could get old, fast.
    • Then again, Nick isn't a Grimm anymore. The writers could possibly drag that out for 3-5 episodes in season 4 and have Trubel serve as the Grimm.
Well okay, I didn't come up with a lot of potential storylines.

I really hate Adalind. I understand that she wants to see her baby again but she's still a massive, massive douchebag. I really thought that her having a kid would be something of a redemption arc for the character. Color me surprised.
More+
Flag
Wow! I agree with EVERYTHING you've said.
Adalind is really a cruel b*tch. Did she show any love for her baby when she was planning to sell it? Or did the love come with its birth? I hope the Royals kill her.
Flag
At least, Fake-Juliette didn't called nick "Baby", like in the previous ep.
Everything in her actions where realistic, and nick (well) wasn't expecting nothing like this.

(Adalind and Nick's relationship is the most complicated, love/hate, weird in this show)

Break juliette/nick, and make Adalind/nick, 'juz 'cause id be crazy = maybe crazy hot
Flag
Assuming, of course, that there's not a time limit on the potion's efficacy, I'd like to see a newly informed Wu save Nick's Grimm-bacon. After all, with Renard either in critical condition or, you know, dead, he's the only one who knows where Adalind's storage facility is. If the mini-cauldron still has any of the smoking green liquid, Nick could still salvage his powers if he decides he wants to.

I'm ready for his relationship with Juliette to end, since neither of them seems particularly happy in it anymore. They may care about each other, but for a variety of reasons they seem to be moving in different directions. A suitable ending would be for Nick to choose to recover his powers.

Unlike the reviewer, I give Adalind very little slack. She is the single most self-interested, self-serving character on the show. She doesn't care who she has to hurt—or kill—to get what she wants, not out of necessity but because she can't be bothered to be inconvenienced. She enjoys screwing with other people, especially those who have bested her in the past. While I don't advocate taking a baby from its mother, you know not in fairy tales, she's hardly the only parent on the show to have to be separated from her kid for its own good. Kelly Burkhardt and Renard recognized the unpleasant reality of it for their children, but Adalind is unable to put even the well-being of her own child ahead of herself. Do we forgive her multiple unprovoked murders because she's suddenly bereft of a baby? I'd say no.
More+
Flag
I hope this is the end of Renard. Goodbye Sacha Roiz (it would make new challenges to the main characters)

(I have to come and be a white knight in favor of Adalind) i give Adalind a lot of slack.
Harpier, you describe Adalind has someone who hurts and kill - she's realistic, if she was to hurt someone to get something in return (nothing worth something come free, without sacrifice) i don't remember she killing anyone after Diana was born (or before), could you remember me Adalind's murder list.
i agree, when you said, she likes to screw with those that mess with her in the past. (but not without reason/mission objective)

The Taking away the baby,was really messed up, and she was put in a different situation than Nick's mum. Kelly gave up her son; Renard gave up is daughter, to be safe, protected. Adalind (was lead to believe by everyone) the Royals kidnapped her daughter (and she was to get her back).
Adalind didn't chose to give away her child (the choice was made for her). if anyone talked to her, explained the situation, she would still said no. Or after Kelly B. took Diana, ANYONE told Adalind the truth we had a different season finale.
Using harpier words (...Adalind is unable to put even the well-being of her own child ahead of herself) if my opinion she wakes up thinking how to get her child back, and goes to bed thinking she doesn't have Diana back.
More +
Flag
Guess what Adalind gave up her kid as well, and hell it wasn't even born yet!
Flag
It was about time someone acknowledged that a lot of weird shit goes on at Nick's house. I mean there's the police captain shot nearly to death near the door and upstairs there's an FBI agent with the murder weapon but without his head. Even without the Wesen book to seal the deal, it'd still be time for Wu to say to Nick "who the flying fuck are you?"
Flag
Adalind, Oh I agree with Renard that she's a 'bitch'. I'm really getting sick of her selfish and wicked deeds! She needs to go next season and I hope she gets 'Un-Wesen' the second time around, perhaps with Trubel's blood this time.

What I want/hope to see next season:
- More story about Nick and his Zombie powers.
- Renard's mum...perhaps helping Nick get his powers back.
- Introduce a couple more Grimms.
- Introduce more Royals.
- Finish the Adalind story.
- Even though I want Wu to know about all the Grimm stuff, I prefer that he doesn't know.
- Perhaps finish the story about the Keys and the treasure.
Flag
The whole adalind situation could have been resolved long ago. I mean is it so hard to just keep the lie active and tell her hummm. I mean tell the crazy annoying freak of a woman that her child was stolen by the resistance. would that have been so hard.

Honestly I am sick of Adalind I really think she is always a one dimensional character. She goes from being a bad wesen working with renard, to an annoying human that wants her powers back to a wesen with a baby obsession because she feels she has some I don't know maternal instinct to get a baby she has only had for a couple of days.
Flag
Why tell her the resistance has the kid when they don't have her either, especially when Renard is working with them? The baby is with Kelly and although she does work with the resistance once and awhile, she is raising the kid away from the resistance because as she said: the baby needs to be away from both sides so she can have a somewhat normal childhood. She needed a good influence otherwise the kid could end up turning evil. If they told her the child was with the Resistance then she would have gone after them and they could have been weakened which is good for the royals/she could have worked with the royals to get the kid back. If she was told the truth then she would have gone to find Kelly and brought the Royals into it which is bad for her and Diana.
Flag
"A baby she has only had for a couple of days" I'm guessing you're not a mother. Do you have any idea what it feels like to have a baby?
Flag
I'm not but from what I've seen of Adalind and her relatives her character doesn't seem like the type to feel emotionally attached to anything.
Flag
I agree. Be done with Adalind already. There was no need to drag out this story; perhaps her plane will crash too.
Flag
Yep, you definitely hit the nail on the head about the lack of or poor communication:

• There should have been a better solution to the Adalind-baby Dianah conundrum. Certainly she should have been told something up front once her bundle of joy had been "abducted."
  • Yeah, time to bring Wu into the club, although I've kind of preferred him more naive and clueless. But between his Wesen, what he found on Trubel's bed, and his psychiatric breakdown, he's seen and experienced too much himself firsthand to be left out of the in gang.
  • If only there had been more in-depth and complete communication between Renard, Juliette, and Nick, they might have uncovered Adalind's deception before things completely unraveled. And Nick didn't have time to check phone messages before departing for the wedding?
  • If Trubel witnessed Adalind (appearing as Juliette) get into a cab--and knowing Juliette had her own car--and then be seen as Adalind, even though Trubel hadn't met Adalind she should have reported to Nick that something suspicious occurred.
  • Nick in particular and Juliette should have told Trubel that they weren't going to just any wedding--but a Wesen wedding--and to take appropriate precautions if something were to come up.
Overall I enjoyed this episode and the season as a whole. At least the wedding of Monroe and Rosalee wasn't a complete disaster like on Castle's season finale.

My biggest complaint with this episode was technical: how Adalind's storage unit was portrayed. We see Adalind leaving the unit by a door that I swear looked like the hallway of an apartment building. Then Renard shows up with crowbar in hand and you can clearly see the roll-up garage type door behind him. Later Adalind puts in one more appearance at the storage unit with the roll-up door in view yet there's no sense of suspicion that the door has been tampered with.
More+
Flag
Trubel has a great ass
Flag
has nobody mentioned the Unicorn Wesen that they showed a picture of in the book? That would be epic....
Flag
Good review. I think it may be a little weird next season. I wonder if Juliette will stay with Nick, and if not will Trubel be there to take her place? Also, I was wondering if Nick will get his powers back. Of course he doesn't know it was at the bequest of the royal family, so he may just think Adalind is being a big bitch. Those are the things that have captured my attention.
Flag
I agree with @ludoTV ; Trubel is more like the little sister Nick never had and never realized he missed, than like any kind of romantic love interest.

Plus, I don't see him getting romantically involved with another Grimm, ever. It seems to go against the overall theme of the show, which is all about disregarding old prejudices which blind people to new possibilities, and how that makes us stronger.

What I really want to see, is Nick romantically involved with a Wesen. What kind, I'm not sure, but a Wesen. Because (unless you count the Man In Black's assertion that he was romantically involved with Marie, which is unproven and he had an agenda), I don't think that's ever happened before - a Grimm in love with a Wesen, and I'd like to see what comes out of that. After a decent relationship-mourning, period, of course - it wouldn't reflect well on Nick if his relationship with Juliette dissolved and he just jumped right into another one.

And, of course, there's the simple fact that Nick is, I think, 33. And Trubel is 19. It would be creepy.
Flag
To me the vibe between Nick and Trubel is like siblings and not romantic but I am with you that her addition to the show is already so much better than whatever Juliet is supposed to bring to the party.
My hope for Season 4 is that Nick realises how important being a Grimm is to him and that if he has to sacrifice the 'picket fence' dream of a normal life, he would.
Perhaps Nick, once he is again a Grimm, could defy all powers and date a wessen? That'd be fun...
Flag
I wish Juliet would go far away. Her character is so boring. There is no chemistry shown between Nick and what's her name; Juliet?
Flag
Yep I don't think anyone who watches Grimm finds Juliette relevant. It's not just the actress its just the way she is written. Besides the major "obsession" arc in season 2 the character has had little to do and is just whining most of the time :) Make Trouble a regular cast member and get rid of Juliette !
Flag
I am so f***ing tired of cliffhangers. Is there one TV writer or series runner out there talented enough to write a season finale that elevates the series, gives closure to the season but not necessarily all aspects of it, so that viewers who enjoy the show can sit back with a satisfied "sigh" and look forward to the next season? I guess not.
Flag
Well, if it were a 'spectacular' cliffhanger I could get on board with it. But in comparison to the second season cliffhanger this is -like most other shows have this season- underwhelming to say the least.
Flag
The best wedding ever LOL, I thought Nick will drink the green stuff, now how they will get Nick his power back after Adalind went to Europe??? Is Trobul will stay to help him to get his power back??? Is his mother will get involve and get Adalind back to save Nick???I can't wait for the next season, I enjoyed this season....
Flag
I thought we were gonna have another Red or Purple wedding!!!! now the long wait for the next season!
Flag
Other then the Adalind stuff, season 3 has been pretty solid. It started to fall apart towards the end though. We started getting less and less Wesen dicoveries and then the season kept pushing out the Adalind drama.

I did not like the season finale at all and cannot stand Adalind at all. She has done nothing but terrorize almost all of the main characters and for some reason gets a free pass every single season. She should have been killed off by the end of season one.

The setup for season 4 sounds terrible. It sounds like Nick is going to rely on Trubel to help him with Wesen cases, using her as a crutch and this will likely last all season long like Juliette without her memories.

In a recent Grim season 4 interview, there was nothing at all to get me excited for season 4 other then the possibility of Wu finding out about the Grimm and Wesen world.

Instead of focusing on the rich mythology surrounding the show, they instead focus completely on Adalind destroying everyone's lives and stirring up drama.

It will take something really exciting to get me to return for season 4...
More+
Flag
What the show desperately needs is a primary antagonist, I know it's meant to be that Prince and the Royals but their over in Europe most of the time and the best they can conjure up is to send a few cronies which are always easily dispatched by Nick. This is why the writers keep going back to Adalind to create much needed tension/drama amongst the main characters. I would like to see them introduce an evil Grimm, someone who leads a secret cult which sole purpose is the eradication of all Wesen, you can tie this in to the existing key(s) / map plot by having this evil Grimm also trying to find all the keys to unlock the secret power to achieve his/her goals. ATM the toothless Royals and Adalind is just getting BORING.
Flag
I agree with you too. I am wondering how weird next season will be. And you are right about them letting Adalind steal the show. Crazy.
Flag
I thought this finale was one of the better ones. How brilliant is it to end with Nick losing his ability to be a Grimm?!? That's his life! That's what the show is about! I thought it was a brilliant twist. I really thought they would stop it from happening at the end so it was really cool that they didn't and it's all up in the air. Grimm was a bit rough when it started but I'm so glad I hung in there because it really is one of a favourite shows now.
Flag
You have to give Adalind credit for creating a fairly disgusting bong from a fairly disgusting witch hat.
Flag
Lol
Flag
Hate when finale creates more problems than solve them.
Flag
RIP C. Thomas Hundjager.
Flag
- What's on your Season 4 wishlist? More information about the keys, maybe the gang trying to hunt down more of them and trying to figure out the back story. I would also like to hear more about Trubel's parents. At least one of them has to be dead for her to be a grimm, right?
- Will Renard survive? I think so. Grimm is not that type of show that injures a character in a season finale, and then reveals that the person has died during the first minutes of the next season. It also doesn't make any sense to postpone a reveal like that. You kill a person in the finale, allowing the emotional impact be immediate, and then the actor can leave the show. But bringing the actor back for a few minutes to play a corpse in the season opener is just weird, and costly.
- How pissed is Wu right now? Very. I hope he doesn't start an investigation of his own, surveilling Nick and in the process revealing his grimmness to the world.
- Season? Finale? I liked the season overall, even though I'm still annoyed that they are not revealing enough of information about the royal houses and those keys. The finale was just OK. There was too much focus on the wedding, but I guess it was all intended to serve as a backdrop for Nick losing his Grimmy sense.
More+
Flag
I agree, the finale could have been much better. Your wishlist resembles mine.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members