A Grimm Community
Friday 8:00 PM on NBC (Returning Fall 2016)

Grimm S03E01: "The Ungrateful Dead"

Rescue? Nick Burkhardt doesn't need no stinkin' rescue!

You know, unless he kinda sorta crashes the plane he was being transported in during a bad trip/zombie frenzy thing. Whooooops. 

To quickly recap last season's zombified finale: Eric Renard and Baron Samedi teamed up to terrorize Portlandia, kidnap Nick, and give Sean Renard a raging migraine. In Vienna, Adalind offered up her unborn and illegitimate royal baby to Stefania in order to get her shnazzy Hexenbiest groove back. Frau Pech betrayed her, but then Stefania shanked the frau so it's all good for Adalind. For now. You know how these things tend to go. 

Okay, kids, hope your summers went swimmingly because Grimm is BACK, and with a zombie-ish episode just in time for Halloween, too! You're so cute when you do things on purpose, NBC. Except for The Voice. Shhh. 

"Ungrateful Dead" had quite a bit of action for an episode of Grimm. It was nice. That's not to say that Grimm doesn't usually excite and delight but, well, Grimm kind of has a formula. You have your Wesen-of-the-week. You have your hapless-human-victim(s)-of-the-week. Nick chases Wesen. Nick wastes bad Wesen and plays nice with harmless Wesen. Juliette does something annoying. Monroe and Rosalee are the actual most adorable semi-human-but-not-really couple ever. Then it's TTYL 'til the next episode.

There's nothing wrong with that, but "Ungrateful Dead" had so much batshit action and cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs Nick that the usual procedures didn't and couldn't apply. Hank and Wu held down the fort—or rather, they held down the storage containers full of hallucinating citizens—while Monroe, Juliette, and Rosalee mixed up a cure and built the Molotov cocktail knock-offs required to deliver said cure... and they did it all without Nick. 

Independence seemed to be the theme of the hour, with even Nick himself managing his own escape from the Baron despite his allies' best efforts. Sure, sure, he contributed to a plane crash, and he's not yet safe and sound yet by any means, but the Nick is out of the box, and that's way more than I thought he'd accomplish on his own based on what we saw in the Season 2 finale. Rosalee said it was his super special Grimm status. Because of course it was. 

I can get behind this trend, though, especially if it means a stronger and less-irritating role for Juliette. Those poor crazy kids haven't had a single crisis-free moment together since Juliette properly remembered Nick and got herself invited into the He-Man Wesen-Huntin' Clubhouse. But Juliette held her own during the march of the undead, and even maintained her composure when everyone feared Nick to be dead after finding his plane. This is a Juliette I can support. 

Back in the old country, Adalind's return to full Hexenbiest status was completed when she buried Frau Pech's still-beating heart in a field of poppies (those were poppies, right?) and killed all them purty flowers. What a bi—, I mean witch. Pretty sure Adalind would take that as a compliment. And I'm now taking bets on whether or not she suddenly develops momma-bird feelings for her bastard kiddo when it's born and regrets everything she did to get her powers back. 

Theoretically, we're gonna wrap up this story for real and for good with the third— OMG third— part next week. Not everyone can pull off a trilogy, Grimm, so gold star and candy and all that. The good Halloween candy, too—Snickers and stuff. And definitely not bananas like some weirdos hand out. I'm crossing my fingers that next week's conclusion is more Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and less Return of the Jedi. And yes, I've heard rumors of a mythical fourth Indy movie, but everyone knows that's just not true. IT'S NOT TRUE. 

ALL ABOARD AUNT MARIE'S BOOKMOBILE OF CRAZY

– "This isn't over." I like your sass, Grimm

– Monroe was really excited to smoke some zombie-be-gone. <3 him.

– Frau Pech's bod was pretty gruesome, then again, this is the same network that gifted us the greatness that is Hannibal

– Any predictions for Season 3 so far? What would you like to see? 

What did you think of the premiere? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 5 : Episode 22

117 Comments
Comments (117)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I really see the difference here.
Ever since I decided to watch Grimm, it was one of these shows that you're not really excited about or not excited about next week's episode, but you emerge from every episode extremely satisfied. And not to mention all the episode were filled of filling nonsense to fill the remaining time in the 40 minutes when they are not serving the plot of the episode or the arc that's going on then.

Ever since I saw Nick thrown into that coffin in the previous season finale, this has all changed. I became extremely excited for the next episode and the same happened after this season's premiere. Not to mention I didn't feel bored for once during this episode. I just hope they can keep this up for the rest of the season.

Now about the episode:
1- I'm not really sure the baron is dead.
2- I was thinking, did Nick really change except for the super strength and super hearing abilities? I mean if you think about everytime he attacked someone, he was provoked every single time. So who knows!
3- I agree with you about Juliette. I like that new side of her. But didn't his aunt Marie warn him about this?
4- I would like to see Nick keep some of these super powers he got.
5- I really love Rosalee. A brilliant actress AND a brilliant character.
6- All that Adalind stuff, it doesn't look good.
7- One thing I hated about this episode is that I felt it rushed.
More+
Flag
This is not the show I signed up to watch, the one that makes me sad when the episode's over, the one that leaves me depressed when the season's over, the one that has me glued to the screen the entire episode.
I had to fast forward almost the entire show this time. I hope it goes back to its comfortable formula.
Someone mentioned in their comments that this show is on NBC on Fridays? I just watch it on my iPad or DVR whenever I get to it. Networks and schedules are so last century to me.
Flag
(FYI, whoever maintains the site... the S2 finale is mis-indexed as Season 3, episode 22, instead of Season 2, episode 22. May want to fix that.)

Meh. I felt a little let down by this episode. No specific reason... it wasn't a bad episode, by any means... but it just didn't keep my attention after the long break.

I think there were several factors:
  1. last year's the cliffhanger, unlike last year's mid-season cliffhanger, did not leave me hanging on pins and needles. So I wasn't wildly anticipating this year, the way I was wildly anticipating the end of the mid-season hiatus.
  2. I'm just not into zombies.
  3. I'm just not all that interested in Adalind's storyline, and especially right now, in the middle of the zombie story, it felt like an irrelevant interruption. Even the fact that she's regained her powers (apparently)... frankly, I found her more interesting as a human.
  4. As far as I can tell, this is what keeps me watching (in no particular order): a) Nick's character and the mystery of, "just what is a Grimm?" 2) the fun of watching Hank adjusting to Nick's life and seeing him in the role of "sidekick," 3) Monroe. And Monroe and Rosalee. And Monroe and Nick. And Monroe and Hank. And Monroe and Sean. And Monroe and anybody else. 4) Sean Renard... just watching him plot and watching others plot against him and around him, and figuring out what he's made of... very fun, in a "Song of Ice and Fire" kind of way. This episode, in contrast, had very little real Nick, very little Monroe in fun interactions, almost no Sean, and almost no Hank. It did have some fun teasers to the "just what is a Grimm" mystery, but that was about it. What it did have was a lot of zombies and a lot of Adalind, which I found kind-of boring.
As for what I'm hoping to see this season (in no particular order): more tantalizing hints about the Grimm mythology. At least one episode where Hank comes to the forefront, and we get to see more of what he contributes to Team Grimm. Same with Monroe. Same with Sean. Further development in Renard family (and all royal family) politics. Nick actually meeting Eric (and the earlier "meeting" doesn't count). Maybe a reprise of Nick's mom's role.

And please, please, can we see Nick doing some actual detective work during the "Wesen of the week" episodes? Just because Hank needs to contribute, doesn't mean that he should get all of the detective work! Nick's technically a detective too!
More+
Flag
Oh, and another thing I'd really like to see this season (or any season of any show actually):

In any show with a complex mythology, it's always fun to see a confluence of different elements. For example, what happens if a Wesen is zombiefied? Or a Hexenbiest?

I guess a better way of saying this is, once the basic building blocks have been introduced (whether they be characters, story elements, social elements, or mythology elements)... mix them up! TV always makes the mistake of feeling like it always has to up the ante to keep things interesting. And sometimes, they're right. But most of the time, all they have to do, to keep things interesting, is to take elements that we've already been introduced to, and combine them in a way that hasn't already been done to death. An easy example of this, is character interactions that we haven't seen a lot of. Monroe and Adalind. Rosalee and Eric. Hank and Eric! Even just listing them gets the creative juices flowing! :)
Flag
The problem with me is that it's never been that Juliette herself has been annoying... It's that I don't think Bitsie is a very good actress, so everything she does - as awesome and normal as they would have been done by any other actress - it always comes out very wooden or with this face O___O all the time. And THAT is annoying. I really don't think Juliette is a bad character, but ugh, that actress...

Her scream of NO as the plane was taking off was so fake, I just couldn't even take it seriously. Lesigh.

Oh well. So happy Grimm is back!!
Flag
I for one did not care for the non-stop action. It was disjointed, illogical (even for Grimm) and required the actors to leap to ridiculous conclusions. Juliette spouting all that jargon about gaseous states, and no one even makes a snide comment about her pulling it out of her arse? HELLO? I just wanted to concentrate on Nick. Or the zombies. Or Adalind. Or whatever, I just wanted one of the 27 plotlines to make some coherent sense. Alas, no. This trilogy is less Indiana Jones and more Matrix as far as I'm concerned. Return of the Jedi would be an uptick.
Flag
Very good start to the season. Like how they've progressed the story with the standalone episoded mixed in nicely with the core thread of the evil Princes trying to get all the power. Hopefully get Nick snapped out of his funk soon, I assume the gas will work but since he's a Grimm who knows..
Flag
Maybe it will work to keep him "normal" but because he is a Grimm, he will get to retain the special powers and strength, which would be AWESOME.
Flag
This was a great episode. After reading all the comments about Juliette, I have to agree that until recently, she was always kept out out of the loop, never connected to the main narrative. Of course, most viewers found her annoying. However, she is a veterinarian, so she has to be pretty smart. Nick fell in love with her, so she must have some good attributes. It is the writers' fault that she is not a popular character. I really hope that this season the writers give her more than a coma followed by memory loss and confusion to work with. She can then be a stronger, more lovable character, perhaps even using her science background to make a real contribution to the others' knowledge of spells, etc.
Flag
["This isn't over." I like your sass, Grimm.] - Actually it's even sassier: "This ain't over yet."

I loved the episode, even though they found a way of keeping it low budget, with the "zombies" contained to a, well, container shipyard, instead of causing havoc in the city. The scenes were tense enough even so. I especially like the fact that despite a shaky start, Grimm has developed nicely and found its footing. I remember when people used to badmouth the show like they did with season 1 Revolution (well, maybe not that bad, but it was bad). I'm glad that has changed.

I don't get the title. Should the zombies be grateful to Baron Samedi? No, but they weren't ungrateful either. They were zombies! And by the way, they were not dead. I know it's a pun with the name of the Grateful Dead band, but to me it makes absolutely no sense.

I also loved the style of the box used in the Adalind spell: a hexagonal box containing the witch's beating heart, blood would be poured on top, it would run through the grooves on the sides, just to be deposited in small pockets on each side. Very imaginative. But when the little top went flying like a flying saucer, I went like "WTF?"

Oh, and the witches ruined the most beautiful field of CGI flowers I've seen since Pushing Daisies. Speaking of flowers, Adalind is still stunning, even covered in blood. I loved how she was putting up with the tests.

"Now you have to cover with earth using your hands."
"Of course i do..."

"Now you have to pick all dead flowers."
"All dead flowers???"

I just don't really get what powers she'll get. As a hexenbiest as far as I can remember her only power was making spells using spices and herbs. Do you have to be a hexenbiest to make those spells work even using the right ingredients? Oh, well, I guess you do. Other than that, all she'll get is the right to be horribly ugly part of the time.

I'm glad Juliette is working well with the Monralee team. Juliette may prove to be not as useless we all thought she was.
More+
Flag
I think "The Ungrateful Dead" refers to Nick, specifically. He is the ungrateful dead. Killing his maker (assuming that Baron Samedi is actually dead), and all that. Not a very "grateful" thing to do.
Flag
But what should he be grateful for exactly? And he's not dead.
Flag
"Ungrateful" doesn't actually mean that he should be grateful. It just means... "not grateful." Which he's not. So it works. :)

It especially works if you look at it from the Baron's POV. Nick was supposed to obey him, because he was Nick's master.

And he died for a time, at least if you define Monroe's "death" in that earlier episode where he had to fake his own death (which I still don't get, btw... what was the plan?) as an actual death. Same definition.
Flag
According to the Webster dictionary:
un·grate·ful
adjective\ˌən-ˈgrāt-fəl\: not feeling or showing thanks for favors, gifts, etc. : not grateful
Flag
<<"Ungrateful" doesn't actually mean that he should be grateful. It just means... "not grateful." Which he's not. So it works. :)>>
So every stranger that passes by me in a big city is, by your definition, ungrateful simply because they don't show any gratitude towards me, even though I haven't done anything to earn it??? I don't know, English is not my first language, but it seems to me it implies an ungrateful person should, in theory, be thankful for what another person has done, but isn't.

And if the death was faked he was not dead. But technicalities and semantics aside, all the Grimm writers really wanted was to be cute with a pun as a title. Long story short, I really don't think it worked. Not by a long shot.

But, well, I loved everythign else about the episode. I think at least that we can agree about, right?
Flag
Maybe it's they should be grateful they are undead? Like grateful there just these things instead of actual dead zombies.
-And I think Adalind just want's the power because she feels weak and simple, she lost a piece of herself. Also she felt useless, she seemed the type to use that part of her to make her life easier. Being a hexenbeast she probably had benefits and could sell her skills/talents for money and deals. Whereas if Rosalee or Monroe lost the part of them that's wesen they could still go on with living there lives in an okay way.
Flag
I liked how they showed a "season preview teaser" at the end of the cliff hanger episode showing everyone still alive and doing normal Grimm stuff. Its not like I thought Nick wouldn't be cured but they could at least pretend that something might happen especially when they make it suspenseful with a cliffhanger ending.
Flag
Well the point is not, will he survive? But how. I mean, we know, you know, they know, that Nick will not die or spend the entire season as a zombie because he is the titular character. So instead of treating us like idiots they skip right to the good stuff, the stuff that will get you back to watch it again.
Eg. "Nick is calmly talking to Juliette about how he feels stronger? OMG I wonder how they saved him and whether he killed anyone! This season will be so great now that we have an even more super-Nick! Can't wait till next week."
Flag
OMG! Finally Nick Grimms up.
Flag
I'm glad Adalind has her powers back. And seeing Hank , Wu, Monroe and co. handle things on their own was fun. Don't get me wrong, but it's nice to see the secondary characters shine.
Flag
NBC is the only network that's thinking smart on Fridays they put Grimm and Dracula on and won the night and they will continue to win every week unless CW ABC FOX or CBS wants to do something about it
Flag
Any more with DVRs and tracking ratings to include recordings and viewings, Friday night isn't the grave yard it used to be. I just like that the show is on at a reliable time, I hate it when the networks jostle the schedule all the time. Grimm has a nice following and considering NBC has a lot of other holes to fill there is no reason to not stick with Grimm followed by Dracula in these time slots.
Flag
you were right on note with this
Flag
I suppose, but nobody really "wins" Friday nights...
Flag
true because friday night is like the weekend
Flag
I love the way Rosalee rolls her eyes every time Juliette goes full retard (which is often).
Flag
Definitely hope we see a different Juliette this season. She is so freaking annoying.
Love Monrosallee. Those two are just too cute together.
The ritual for Adalind was pretty nasty. But I'm glad she finally got her powers back. That should open up some good stories for her.
Really want to see more of the Renard family rivalry. Love Sasha Roiz and James Frain plays a pretty good bad guy. I wish they would go into more of the history of the Royals and the old world stuff. That would be cool to see.
Zombie Nick is a total bad ass. He completely Terminatored that bar. Awesome!!
When is Wu gonna be invited into the Grimm club? I think it's time...
Flag
Great to see Grimm back and with a lot of good stuff esp. the Adalind is a witch again but has to give up the baby who is either by Sean or by Eric... And Sean seems to have ordered his bro Eric's execution which may have loads of consequences in the "old wolrd"... Nick was fun as a zombified grimm and I liked him kicking Baron Samedi's ass... I wish he could have gotten to doucheEric... Monroe, Rosalee and co all solid as usual. I still find Juliette annoying especially slapping the captain cause he can't stop a plane... Does she think he's Superman? I do not think the show has found a place in the show for her other than "the annoying whiny human stereotype" so her lines always feel like an afterthought or just filler dialogue.
Flag
Yeah I was still annoyed a by juliette, but it was way better than the juliette than we've had.
Flag
I guess she is less terrible than she used to be... maybe... I just think after two whole seasons "less annoying" and "slightly more compelling" is not a great indictment for her as a character esp. as Grimm has done a great job with many of the secondary characters
Flag
Then again, Juliette is not a secondary character: she's the lead's girlfriend. Its expected of her to be the Angel to Nick's Buffy, the Abbie to his Ichabod or the Jaime to his Brienne.

It was only until Renard kissed her that the show revealed her as the Sleeping Beauty: she's a lover, not a fighter.
Flag
I don't think she's expected to be Nicks ass kicking love interest. I was surprised to actually see her do a little fighting on top of the container. We're only just seeing her be more supportive of Nick because it was just revealed to her after 2 seasons. Though I think she would have been a lot better received if she was in the know from season 1.
-I do think she's a fighter though, she fought to be the most annoying character on the show lol. No but really she doesn't give off the damsel in distress vibe which I think annoyed people the most. She was annoyingly in the middle. Where she was strong willed but it just made her annoying because she wasn't connected to the main plot. It was like shut up and be saved unknowing gf or take action in the main plot which is just now what were getting.
Flag
Am I the only one who thinks Juliette is....odd looking? Not really leading lady-love interest material? She looks like a 70's Jack Kirby comic character. Just sayin'...
Flag
I'd say Juliette is standard Sleepyng Beauty material: from the frech name to the hair style, all she's missing is a tiara to be a real Princess.
Flag
Eh, she doesn't look odd to me. Maybe a little plain especially standing next to the actor that plays Nick though. And I do find Adalind more attractive than her even though I have a slight preference for redheads, so eh.

Flag
Juliette thinks he's a Prince, they all do actually.

I think it's all the more obvious to her because Sean was the one who woke her up. If a Prince is powerful enough to wake up a Sleeping Beauty, then he must be powerful enough to stop the world to save a Grimm.

She's not wesen, so I can't really blame her for it.
Flag
i think you meant fifth indy movie :) they already did the fourth
Flag
She's probably knows that were was a fourth movie and she's probably denying that there was because it was bad.
Flag
Hey, that is my practice as well. I deny all movies that I don't like, especially sequels.
Flag
Finally! We had to wait five and a half months for Grimm to return! NBC, because of the long hiatus, you better be pushing out episodes every single week for the upcoming six months.

I'm happy that Juliette finally grew some ovaries. I agree with you; a stronger and less irritating Juliette is welcome.

Predictions for this season? I'm terribly afraid that one of the main characters will bite the dust. Even though some of them have the fangs to do that more then well, I'm not looking forward to it.
Flag
It was pretty good. I was actually surprised how much I liked it, since Nick did absolutely nothing (if anything he was kinda annoying). So its good to know I can still enjoy the show when the other characters have to carry the episode.
Flag
Yesterday, I see no Covert Affairs review. Then today, there's this. Is this what it feels like to be cheated on?
Flag
Nick/Hulk smash. That was kind of awesome. I have to give it up to David Giuntoli, he has really come a long way since the first few episodes.

This episode was a fun romp for the entire cast and I mean the entire cast. Did they leave anyone out? Because I think they were all in there, even Adalind who had the absolute most hilarious storyline thus far. I am really glad that they didn't do away with her when I thought that her storyline was done. Because she has been all kinds of perfect.

Even Juliette didn't annoy me this episode and I have kind of always disliked. Hopefully they will write her a stronger role and not be as hard to like as in the past two episodes.

I just enjoy the show. This is without a doubt the strongest show that NBC has.
Flag
Oh, I really hope the writers keep Juliette on team Grimm. I have been really annoyed by her lack of curiosity over the past two seasons. I don't care if she's a badass zombie fighter, I just want her to have an interesting personality.

Anyway, I enjoyed the zany season premiere. I really love this show.
Flag
Great start to a good show. Welcome back Grimm!! Seeing everyone, especially Juliette, kick ass was fun to watch. This zombie Nick is quite interesting as well. He seems to have control over killing or not killing, but still being a monster all the same.
Flag
FINALLY!! Grimm is back. I actually turned town plans so I could catch the review. I feel this is a safe place to share my crazy.
Anyway, great return episode. Thank you writers giving Juliette common sense and backbone again. She called the police in to the ship yard, was helpful in the mixing of the cure and kept pushing to help Nick! I've always liked her (safe place!) and really hope they continue the momentum of her being a useful member of Team Grimm. She is a vet after all-so many possibilities.
Great action and movement in the show. I like the wesen of the week style, but I hope they can bring in more episodes like this in the future.
Flag
Plus, Juliette is still in somewhat good terms with Adalind, and judging by her interacions with Renard, they are not done just because they are done.

Things could get interesting in the human front this way.
Flag
Was a really good episode, loved that Nick was very strong, a badass and yet did not kill anyone. I hope he doesnt end up killing an innocent, he does not deserve to suffer through self-hate and redemption journey. Thought i think he still has some of his humanity or something cause he did not like they way he looked in the mirror and that Monroe can still smell him. I just hope after all he can still keep his kickass abilities.
Loved when the Captain woge, his strength was amazing. He should fight woge mood more often, like all the time. I dont care, i do trust him.
Monroe as always shocked me with his humor when he compared the dead being healed to popcorn popping in the microwave, when it stops making noise that means its "DONE* LOL
Juliette: if its Nick then i can help!!! Helloooo its not a spell, i dont think you can his him or touch his face and he would be OK!!. I liked her in season 1, hated her in season 2 and she annoyed me again when she slapped Renard!!! He's been trying to save Nick's life all the time, you don't get to slap him because of Eric!!!
Eric must die, and i was surprised that Adalind was in this episode!! But it was funny what she was going through.
More+
Flag
At this point, I would trust the Captain with my life let alone the Grimm's.

But I kinda understand if no one else does
Flag
yay so happy this is back finally hopefully this season will be less disrupted.
Flag
-Rosalee and Monroe kicking ass together. Aww
-Juliet not being overly annoying and kicking ass too. awesome
-Nick goes wild, even better. We learned that he had better strength and hearing but rarely got to see him use it after attaining the power. So it was nice to see that. Also when he fights wesen it always seems so evenly matched we forget that Nick is stronger than the average human sometimes, so it was cool to see how strong he really is.
-I felt like I didn't really need to see what Adalind was up to in the premiere, but her neverending face of annoyance and sass made the scenes enjoyable.
-But yea it was really awesome to see everyone hold their own while our main hero is out of it and is the one who actually needs saving.
-Really excite for what the rest of the season hold!
Flag
-Also Juliette and Rosalee teaming up in the spice shop, is this a glance at the future? They worked really well together.
Flag
Great recap MaryAnn!.. i think time has made me forget how much i used to detest Juliet.Because she was not annoying at all in this episode (maybe a little outside the bar when she said "if it's Nick i can help", all i could think was "duh! lady u think love can fix The Baron's zombiness?"). But either way, if they continue to write her like this, the writers may actually redeem Juliet.

Gotta say, Nick with bloody eyes and full on zombie...still would!!.
Flag
This episode was a pleasant change of pace and a nice step up for Grimm. Enjoying the stronger inclusions of Renard, too.

For someone who was getting everything they wanted, Adalind sure complained a lot. Say 'thanks' once in a while, lady!
Flag
Yep Adalind is a real b.... ahem witch!
Flag
thought so too (about Adalind complains). But then when i saw she had to pick up all the dead flowers..come on!! that's tedious!!..cant the newly-back bwitch powers be used for that!?
Flag
I was hoping for a Grimm in Europe but still it was a great season premiere.
Flag
Yes finally it back. I loved this episode it was great to see a darker side to nick, he looked good as a out of control zombie. I like how they are going to make Nick stronger as a Grimm heightening his senses is a good move, but hopefully the teaser of him shooting Monroe was just a misleading clip. I'm so glad this show is back.
Flag
It scares me though, that later on in this season they showed Nick possibly shooting a changed Monroe. I certainy hope that is just a teaser, and that Monroe will be fine. They can't kill him off anyway, he is the best part of this show!
Flag
This episode was pretty awesome. There was something happening all the time AND it's funny. I love the comments they end the episode and seasons with, so witty. I also love how in this show there isn't ONE character I loathe, not even the usual whiny girl-character (= Juliet at times). Everyone's so likable. I also like the use of different languages. The scenes with Adalind and Frau Pech were hilarious (and gruesome).

Monroe <3

I would call this the best season premiere of the year!
Flag
I had high expectations as the season cliffhanger last season was the only one that made me want the show to come back as soon as possible. And now it's here. And what a treat. I loved it from the beginning to the end. So much happened.
It was nice to see Nick freeing himself. Way to bite off way more than he could chew. If the baron had survived he would have learned a very important lesson - don't do that to a Grimm. They react differently :-)
Also nice to see Nick just react to sounds and instinct. Here's hoping that he won't lose that ability.
Best line of the night was once again Monroe's answer when asked how they'd know the cure had worked. "It's like popcorn. When they stop popping they're cured" (or something like that). But Wu's answer was very funny as well: "Or dead".
It was also nice to see Juliette and Rosalee working together and Juliette as more than the damsel in distress.
And as always: Loved Renard even though I'm with Monroe on the: I really don't trust him - and I absolutely love that about him. :o)
I can't wait to see what will happen this season. Grimm really is becoming one of my favorite shows. If they keep this up it will be one of my must see shows.
More+
Flag
Loved this episode. It was great from the very first minute. Loved the action rosalea and julliete kicked some ass....
Nick looked pretty scary as a dead guy...loved how they did that.
Great first episode of a whole new season even it took a while before it started again.

Flag
MaryAnn, girrrrl, you got style!
Flag
im sooo glad Grimm is back and i can't wait to see where this season goes. last season the writers made a greivous mistake and that would be severely overestimating the importance of and our interest in Juliette. As fans of the show we only care about Juliette in relation to Nick, we do not care about Juliette on her own. If the writers wanted to give a side character a season-long story line, then they need to make sure to pick the right character, i.e. one we care about, i.e. Monroe or Rosalee. last season they picked the wrong one. If Juliette is going to stay (i would rather she be murdered by Adalind) then they need to either dial back her character to the shadows were she belongs or toughen her up. The main reason having to suffer thru a season long arc about Juliette is that she is PAINFULLY BORING. on top of being boring she had the added curse of being the most useless, whiny, wimpy, annoying character on television. i seriously hope the writers read fan reviews and do us a favor: kill Juliette or give her some backbone, personally i dont think the character can be made into something we care about because my level of frustration with her last season has resulted in me not wanting to see her face ever again but i feel the writers won't listen and kill her, so just make her not boring and whiny please!!
More+
Flag
Glad to have Grimm back. It really ticks me off that they held it back so long. I feel that we the fans deserve extra episodes when everyone else goes on hiatus for the holidays.
Okay, rant out of the way, this was a weird episode with the writers asking us to suspend belief more than normal. Let me just bring up a few. Would the cops have just let anybody throw gas into a container full of people? Monroe and crew did not even identify themselves. And could someone have survived a full on power dive crash in a jet, even in a Hulk/Grimm state?Although we have seen potions brewed before on this show, was what Adalind did the first real magic we have seen on this show?Those are just a few of the things in this episode that caused me to wonder.
I am glad Grimm is back and it looks like Nick will be back bigger and badder than ever. I am hoping that this season deals more with the Royals and what is behind them and the Grimms. I was kinda hoping that Nick would have been taken to Europe and the team would have went to save him, but I don't think this show has the budget for European shoots.
More+
Flag
I don't mind the late start because it means less breaks between episodes the rest of the year. I kind of wish more shows would start later, if it meant less breaks between episodes.
Flag
That is only if they make a 22 episode season order, and I don't think they will. They did this with Chuck also, which like Grimm, was a niche show with a limited but very loyal audience. The number of episodes varied every season.
Flag
I thought about Monroe and the crew. But they did ask what they were doing there, and Wu is very familiar with them and seemed to be in charge.
Flag
I hate to disappoint everyone, but there's no Tippy Canoe tavern in Portland or the surrounding area. I know, I know.
Flag
Shirley's Tippy Canoe
28242 E Historic Columbia River Hwy, Troutdale, OR
Flag
Oh, Troutdale? That explains it; I'm never out that far.
Flag
I think some of the filming is done in Vancouver,BC.
Flag
It's all shot in Portland.
Flag
Nick's night on the town-

Flag
LOL ツ
Flag
Very funny....
Flag
This great, I was hoping for some funny screencaps!
Flag
I got the idea because of the name of the bar.
The "Tippy Canoe" is a weird name for a bar
Flag
Baron Samedi, I ask you this...if you're on an airplane with a body in a casket that's supposed to be catatonic, and it starts trying to punch its way out of the box, AT WHAT POINT IS APPROACHING THE BOX A GOOD IDEA?!
Flag
Right! Overconfident zombie-makers never learn...
Flag
Highborns

wesen or not, they just never learn.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I love this show and its end bumps...I swear this show's writers must have loved those episodes of Buffy where Giles had a task for her so Xander and Willow were the main focus. I do hope we have more Juliette and Rosalee nerd offs with one of the guys just looking confused.
Flag
Well, with David Greenwalt being a creator, they may have WRITTEN those Buffy eps.
Flag
"What would you like to see?"

Renard's baby, whichever Renard the baby may be.
Flag
It still astonishes me that this show is as good as it is and NBC hasn't cancelled it yet.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members