A Grimm Community
Friday 8:00 PM on NBC (Returning Fall 2016)

KEEPING IT IN THE FAMILY

... I guess the perks of being part of the Joss Whedon family extend to Whedonverse writers as well. Alexis Denisof, most recently seen in Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing opposite Amy Acker and Clark Gregg, is joining the cast of NBC's GrimmHe'll play Viktor Albert Wilhelm George Beckendorf, the cousin of James Frain’s Renard, and the role will reunite him with Angel co-creator (and Grimm executive producer) David Greenwalt.  [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... There's been talk that Season 7 could be True Blood's last. I know you're all really broken up about it, so if you need someone to talk to, please call Alexander Skarsgard's junk. [TV Line]

... Ravenswood, the upcoming spin-off of Pretty Little Liars, will premiere October 22 on ABC Family. But for those of you who don't want to wait that long, the network will air a special promo during the August 27 summer finale of Pretty Little Liars, so don't forget to set your DVRs accordingly[ABC Family via press release]

... Speaking of ABC Family, the network has ordered three new comedy pilots—Mystery GirlsWork Mom, and Young & Hungry. Mystery Girls stars Tory Spelling as a retired TV actress who starts solving crimes with her former costar when a witness to a crime refuses to speak to anyone but the titular sleuths of the TV show Mystery Girls. How Cult-y! Young & Hungry follows Nick, a tech-y young rich dude who hires a "feisty" young food blogger as a personal chef. And Work Mom is about a girl named Heather who gets promoted at Work and then hires her Mom (see what they did there?). If you mash up all three shows to create The Mystery of the Young & Hungry Working Mom, they don't get any more interesting, but could probably be sold to Bravo as a new reality series. [ABC Family via press release]

... NBC has ordered a Wizard of Oz-themed series titled Emerald City. This news comes only a few weeks after CBS started working on Dorothy, which sounds completely insane as a medical drama inspired by Dorothy and her ragtag group of outcasts. I don't know what the deal is with all the sudden interest in Oz, but whatever is headed our way down the yellow brick road will probably never reach the same heights as Broadway's Wicked, so we should probably just quit while we're still kind of ahead. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Peter Jackson has said he wants to direct an episode of Doctor Who in exchange for a Dalek. Seems like a pretty fair trade to me. [Radio Times]

CASTING NEWS

... In a turn of events that I probably should have seen coming, Jim Beaver has booked a guest spot on NBC's Revolution. The casting reunites him with Supernatural creator Eric Kripke, as well as consulting producer Ben Edlund, who recently departed Supernatural to work on the NBC drama. Beaver will play John Franklin Fry, a Texas ranger who allies himself with Miles. The episode marks Edlund's first Revolution script. [TV Line]

... Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill) is headed to Hart of Dixie's Bluebell! Now, before you Wade fans get all upset that yet another good-looking blonde man is coming to town, Buckley's character Peter isn't in Zoe's sights. He'll be charming the floral-print outfits off one Lemon Breeland. It's too bad he's only slated to appear in one episode. [E! Online]

... Timothy Dalton has been cast in the new Showtime drama Penny Dreadful, a frightening, psychological thriller from John Logan (Skyfall) and Sam MendesHe'll play Sir Malcolm, an African explorer on a personal quest. I have no idea what any of that means, so if you have any insights, please share them in the comments. [Showtime via press release]

... Stephen Moyer will play Captain Georg Von Trapp in the NBC live holiday production of The Sound of Music. He'll star opposite Carrie Underwood as Maria. While most of us associate Moyer with his work on True Blood, he's actually an accomplished stage actor, and he recently starred in Chicago at the Hollywood Bowl. The special airs December 5 on NBC. [NBC via press release]

... Speaking of True Blood, Amelia Rose Blaire, who recurred as Willa Burrell in Season 6, has been upped to series regular status for Season 7. Congrats on joining an already too-crowded cast for the series' (probable) final season, Amelia! [Deadline Hollywood]

... Yet another Spring Awakening cast member has signed on to appear in Glee. Phoebe Strole, who sang alongside series star Lea Michele in the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical, will play Penny Owen, a college sophomore who catches Sam's (Chord Overstreet) eye. Strole is the fourth Spring Awakening alum to get involved with the Fox comedy: Awakened vet Jonathan Groff guest-starred as Jesse St. James, and Jenna Ushkowitz, who plays series regular Tina Cohen-Chang, also once appeared in the musical, though she was not a member of the original cast. [THR]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 5 : Episode 22

107 Comments
Comments (107)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Thanks for cancelling Bunheads ABC Family. Especially to bring Tori Spelling back to tv. Just what I always wanted. (This is sarcasm.)
Flag
Peter Jackson & Doctor Who!
Flag
But my question is..when will we see Alexis as Thanos again???
Flag
As much as I admire Whedon's ethos for reusing his cast (much like Paul Thomas Anderson), some members do at times feel like they've dropped a dime on him. And, dear old Alexis McGrinny pants Denisof sadly is one of them. Although he could prove us wrong if he goes dark (no Paula Dean jokes, please) in Grimm, like in Angel, where he strayed sure-footedly briefly away from a tired twerp. Tick. Tock.
We can only pray the Nazi's win in this version of the Von Crapps - or a shootout at the very least.
Jim Beaver is quite the jobbing actor of late. Unfortunately job can only refer to poop if he's swimming in Revolution's shit creek.
Flag
Bobby on Revolution! Supernatural might be past saving, but Revolution is getting a mega dose of talent.
Flag
Umm.. hello... Angels falling from the sky... consider it.. SAVED lol
Flag
Girl you be trolling bloom. Supernatural is kicking a$$, while Revolution is floundering to gain a viewer base on the peacock network.
Flag
Trolling is coming to specifically incite anger. What I wrote was in support of the news and the show that this post was about.

Sera killed Bobby and Carver spit on his grave and our love for him at the same time. It's great to see Bobby and Edlund and Kripke together again.
Flag
love Angel ill give anything staring its cast a shot.
Flag
I got into Grimm late in the game and have to say, it really has an "Angel" feel to it.
Flag
nothing interests me so far

Flag
The interest in Oz could have to do with the 75th Anniversary. Or (much like last year's interest in Alice in Wonderland) the networks are all just jumping on a trend.
Flag
Timothy Dalton in something called "Penny Dreadful" a "frightening psychological thriller" wherein he will play "Sir Malcolm an African explorer"

This sounds incredible
Flag
To spend a penny, dreadful or otherwise, let's hope that's not the end imperative.
In the interim, I'll rustle hopefully for change.
Flag
GRIMM! <3

It's about time they finish TB! It's already been going on for too long.

I can't wait for Ravenswood!

Season 2 of Revolution looks like it will be good.

The 3 new comedies sound lame.

Emerald City sounds interesting.

Penny Dreadful sounds interesting too, but it's on Showtime so it might be too pervy for me. They usually don't have any good shows on that channel IMO.
Flag
I notice that Joss Whedon like to keep his actor(tress) around him. We can watch them in different show.
But with the bad luck he has with his shows like Firefly or Dollhouse they don't stay long on screen :(
Flag
Firefly and Dollhouse didn't stay so long because they were different and tv guys don't like different. They want 100 medical dramas and shows about vampires....meanwhile Joss was doing Vampires long before they became the thing for tv....now with movies like Lone Ranger...won't be long before Westerns come back in vogue ...but wait...Joss did that already too....Doll house is ahead of its time, much like all Joss's works. Nevertheless, they are all very clever and if you watch Dollhouse again, you see just how clever he is. Every thing ties back from the first episode to the last.
Flag
I know. It makes me sad that I love Joss Whedon so much, and he is FINALLY getting some respect, wait, it makes me happy that it is happening, SAD that it didn't happen so that I could be watching season 5 of Dollhouse!!!!
Flag
R.I.P. Lorne Green. Just glad the world is "discovering" Joss Whedon.
Flag
Good to hear about Jim Beaver, though I gave up on Revolution towards the end of season 1. :P
Flag
Great news to see Alexis Denisof joining Grimm. He was great in Angel both when a clumsy nerd and later with all the angst around Angel's son. And Grimm is a solid show with great support characters so hopefully Denisof's one will be a great one too.
Flag
I know, I'm honestly thrilled with this. Thrilled I say!!!
Flag
"I'm a rogue demon hunter." "What's a rogue demon?" He was awesome on Angel. lol
Flag
Glad to hear True Blood is calling it a night. The show for me has always been like a drunk friend. At first it's fun, then as they keep drinking it's still cute but I'm starting to worry. Finally they're falling all over themselves and being obnoxious and -being a series completionist like me- I'm now pissed that I have to drive them home. Sure, this last season they seemed to realize they were making an ass of themselves and started to sober up, which at least gives me hope for a decent drive home where I can remember why they're my friend and why I put up with their antics in the first place.
Flag
Best. Analogy. Ever.

Honestly, I kind of wish they had stuck closer to the books. If each book was a season, it could have been really great. But they didn't, and that is fine, but it isn't nearly as good.
Flag
Haha I totally agree with that....
Flag
dude... That was cool 👏
Flag
Love it :)
Flag
Best analogy I've heard! Thanks for that. :)
Flag
In a lot of ways, Season 7 could bring True Blood to full circle: Jessica watching over a half fae like a half fae watched over her back when she was made, Jason in a monogmous reltionship like the one his sister had with a vampire when he was introduced, Pam having a sister after complained about Eric having a sister all along, etc.

But then, Season 8 could create a cycle of closure like the last seasons of Fringe, Breaking Bad or House were meant to do.
Flag
I think TB should be brought back for an 8th season. Really I'd watch this show for as long as it were to air, simply because there's already good seasons and bad seasons that's just how the show is. Season 6 was good though, so bring on more. Just not like Season 5.

Good to hear Jim Beaver is coming to Revolution. And he's back recurring on Supernatural, that's a lot of Beaver.

Good for Denisof, I don't watch Grimm but it's always good to hear about Whedon-alumi still getting work.

Hey Kaitlyn, when's the last time you became series regular on an HBO hit series? Ending or otherwise? Who cares, congrats on her promotion. Willa was an alright character.
Flag
Wow that Tori Spelling show sounds terrible and amazing, I must watch it.
Flag
May be the second season of Revolution isn't going to suck so much.
Flag
I was so happy when I saw that Alexis Denisoff is coming to Grimm. To be totally truthful, I only decided to give Grimm a go, because I saw David Greenwalt was working on the show and I loved his work he did on Buffy. So it's very cool to see a familiar face from the Buffyverse/Angelverse/Whedonverse here.
Flag
Agreed!!! (I started watching the same way!)
Flag
This may be in poor form, and I fully expect a TV.com moderator to delete this comment or draw some sort of crude penis over the text (in a bit of censorship irony), but I'm going to use the mention of Joss Whedon in this article to bring up the topic of superheroes. And here's the impropriety, it's to do with MOVIE superheroes.

DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUN!!!

Gasp inducing I know. I, like all of you, have thoroughly read the chapter on movie discussions in the TV.com handbook (Section 47-B), so I know they are only permitted when in correlation to a TV discussion or argument. Well, I'm goin' off book! Bring on the ironic penis, TV.com!

Because Facebook tried to eat me once and I don't frequent a movie website (is there a Movies.com?), I have only this site to exorcize the demons of this truly horrendous news. I got home from a seemingly endless red-eye flight a few hours ago (Asia is like FAR away, guys), so I've just learned of the metaphorical spear that has impaled the collective hearts of comic book/nerdy movie fans around the world...

Ben Affleck is going to be Batman.

Ben... Affleck... is going to be... Batman.

BEN AFFLECK IS GOING TO BE BATMAN?!!!

Oh god, writing it three times makes it all so real! Why, Zack Snyder? For the love of god, why? Do you wish to hurt us? Did Christian Bale throw a toaster at you one time and you want to diminish the legacy of the role? Did George Clooney put you up to this?! WTF, Zack?!

Someone out there please tell me I'm not the only one who is freaking out over this. Maybe a few Ben Affleck insults along the lines of "Didn't Ben Affleck already ruin a superhero franchise?". That would really help.

"I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come. In all your most private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Thinking of these words coming out of Ben Affleck's lips makes me want to cry.
More+
Flag
I think I cried when I read that Matt Murdock was going to be Bruce Wayne.
Flag
A group of friends and I regularly use the boards of imdb to for such comments. It's a a great place to discuss movies. Ironically, however, we use it to discuss old TV shows, episode by episode. Currently we're going through Brimstone.
Flag
screenrant.com is my site for movies. they have a decent article on why Affleck might work. (personally, I'm also very unsure, but I'm holding judgement until I see the movie) don't worry, the comments there will make you feel much better :)
Flag
Thanks! Reading even more vitriolic reactions than mine somewhat helped.
Flag
It took me 5 tries to read all that. Not because it's long or tedious, but because I kept getting held up at "ironic penis" the first 4 times. By the way, Ironic Penis is the name I used to dance under. >_<

As for Ben Affleck... I generally don't dislike him as much as many others, almost solely because of all the Kevin Smith movies he's been in, but I'm trying to picture him saying traditional Batman lines and it's making me giggle really hard. He kinda has the look of Bruce Wayne but he definitely doesn't have the voice and speech. I think they'll ultimately have to use a voice changer if they care at all how he sounds.
Flag
Nice! It took me 5 tries to write that joke, so I'm glad.

Sidenote: Ironic Penis would make a decent band name, too.
Flag
An all girl group, obviously.
Flag
Oh, so you belong to the "Aw, hell to the no! Not Ben Affleck!" camp. I can understand that people are shocked. His previous work in front of the camera does not really convey the gravitas one would expect from someone who plays Batman. He does have the body, and be does have the Batman jaw, but I too have difficulties seeing him as the Dark Knight. How will it look when Ben goes "I'm Batman"?

However, we should remember that there have been so many surprising performances in film history, that maybe Affleck will become one of them. It seems that some have so high hopes for the role that no one except Christian Bale will do. Many have thrown around Ryan Gosling's name for the role, and I cannot see him at all as Batman. Nolan's movies set the bar so high that people cannot imagine any other version than his Wayne. The fact that it's an iconic comic book character doesn't help make the choice any easier. It's the same with choosing a new James Bond. People are so stuck with the previous image that nothing seems good enough. Daniel Craig was seen as a terrible choice because he is blond and blue-eyed, but look how that turned out. So maybe we should give Affleck a chance too. I'm not optimistic, but I won't judge the choice based on previous films and how I imagine Batman in my mind. The movie is first and foremost about Superman, so Affleck doesn't have to carry the movie all by himself.

Personally I'm more worried about Snyders' judgement when it comes to cinematic and creative choices. His films are flashy and shiny, but they lack heart. And I really hope they change the title of the film. "Batman vs. Superman" just reminds me of "Freddy vs. Jason" and "AVP: Alien vs. Predator".
More +
Flag
I pray that he does well!
Flag
Well, this is not the therapeutic Affleck bashing I was hoping for. I don't hate the man. He's a pretty good director. (Even though Argo was a wildly inaccurate depiction of Canada's role in the Iranian hostage crisis.) But the man simply cannot act.

I can't even fathom what the studio and director were thinking when they made this decision. This is a man who was a part of the abomination known as Gigli (which was so bad I refuse to italicize it). Ben singlehandedly killed the Daredevil franchise. He's got no geek cred. Actually, he's got negative geek credibility.

I agree with you that Nolan's Batman trilogy was so phenomenal, and Christian Bale embodied the caped crusader so well, that nearly any actor was going to be unsatisfactory in comparison. But Ben Affleck?! Ryan Gosling would have been better. Hell, Ryan Reynolds would have been better, and that guy sucks.

When you cast an iconic character like Batman you need to select someone the audience can buy into. You need to be able to suspend your disbelief. But with an actor so infamous as Ben Affleck this becomes impossible. Just imagining him feigning the Batman voice seems like a cruel joke.

And like I said, he can't really act. He's salvaged his reputation by competently going behind the camera, but there isn't one movie I've seen him in that makes me think he's capable of being a believable Batman.

I'm totally with you on Snyder's cinematic judgment, though. I found Man of Steel to be a bit erratic with no clear propose. The storytelling was all over the place, and the non-linear flashbacks to Clark's childhood seemed like forced exposition. I think the adage "less is more" applies. It was so frenetically and joltingly paced I could never quite settle in. It wasn't a bad movie, but it left no impression on me whatsoever. It lacked... heart (aptly put, sir).

So, yeah, I'm worried about the direction of the terribly titled Superman vs. Batman, and I'm doubly worried Affleck will be so distracting it won't even matter if the movie is good.

I wish I wasn't so nerdy and didn't care about this crap. But I am, and I do.

More +
Flag
I've never been a big fan of Bale. I found his acting to be quite wooden and I think he lacks the variety to be a truly great actor, but when it comes to playing a dark, more realistic, introverted Batman - he was perfect. The fact that he had less to say worked in his favour and his usually wooden stance added to the look and feel of the character. Affleck, like Bale, lacks variety. His best role was in Dogma and he wasn't too bad in Chasing Amy or Reindeer Games, but he just doesn't have the presence to play Batman. For a fairly big guy he fails quite spectacularly to 'fill the screen'. The attributes necessary to fill the role of the Caped Crusader are simply not present in Afflecks character, alternatively Bale actually exudes Batman in his real life. The role needs to be filled by someone that has a dark undercurrent to their personality, Affleck is the polar opposite. If the film needed someone to play Batmans easy going, party loving, best friend then I could see him filling that role (although there would still be better alternatives out there).
I've been trying to consider an alternative to Afflick but someone who has never filled the role before. The best I can come up with - Henry Caviezel. What do you think?

Also, another example of changing actors for iconic roles - Doctor Who.

Finally, with regards to Zack Snyder, you're both completely right. His films are great to look at, almost like art in action, but they are always lacking, as you both pointed out, heart.
And the title is terrible. Batman vs. Superman? Unfortunately Superman would utterly destroy Batman, and aren't they supposed to be on the same side anyway? I'm lost with this one.
More +
Flag
@Taccado - lol, you're right, I meant Jim!

I really can't see Bale in a comedy. Maybe he was scarred as a kid with all the death and destruction on Empire of the Sun? Or maybe he's just a miserable sod?
I've just glanced at Jim's IMDb page (I'm going to just call him Jim from now on) and I didn't notice a comedy that really jumped out at me, maybe he doesn't quite have that softer side, although I think there are glimpses of it on Person of Interest, anyway, lack of a softer side never stopped Bale being great for the part.
Flag
Talking about variety and Bale in the same sentence, every time the man's performances are praised, I'm always quick to point out that he has actually never done a real comedy film! Pretty amazing! His career has lasted 27 years, but the only films he has made with comedic elements in them are Metroland (1997) and A Midsummer Night's Dream (1999), and none of them are "pure" comedies.

This of course is not unheard of. There are many actors who focus solely on certain kind of films, while others are forced to do it because of being type cast. But Bale is the kind of prominent actor who one would expect to try something different every now and then. I would certainly like to see the face of the American Psycho on a goofy character. But then again, maybe he and his agent both know that would be hard to sell. He doesn't really come off as a funny guy. He seems kind of strained, and when he is smiling, it's like he has to force it out of him. Seeing him is more like staring death himself in the face. OK, maybe that was a little exaggerated. As you said, he is in his element playing dark and more realistic characters. Still, I would like to see Bale in a comedy role.

Henry Caviezel? I assume you mean Jim? Henry goes together with Cavill. Yeah, why not? Caviezel might work. His work as John Reese does influence the image of him as Batman, but if he is capable of turning on his charm and play a rich playboy too, not just a sulking man-bat, then it could work.
More +
Flag
Loved the Richard Dreyfuss tweet about it: "You read for a part, you feel good about it, you feel confident, then they cast Ben Affleck". He couldn't be more right.

On the other hand, they might do to his scenes with what they did to them in "Office killer". So there is hope is just will be a new "Man of steel"movie.
Flag
At least he can't be worse than Clooney , right?
Flag
Oh, he can be worse. But I don't think the movie itself can possibly be worse than Batman & Robin. Unless they bring back the Bat-nipples.
Flag
First off, welcome back Fringey. I've been missing your Dexter/True Blood/Breaking Bad input.

To answer one of your questions, there is a movies.com, it's the site where I usually get my movie times. Not important though, you want to talk about Batman, or BenAffleckman. Honestly, I already had low interest due to the disappointment of Snyder's Man of Steel. Not a bad movie at all, but I expected MUCH better. Zack Snyder is a hit and miss director, and David Goyer is a shitty writer unless he has the Nolan brothers to filter him.

Ben Affleck? He's a great director, but an actor? He's done good in a few roles, but most of his performances are forgettable, including his future batman performance. Yes, he was a horrible Daredevil, something he even admits. This lowers my low expectations even lower, and how much lower can they get? So yeah, Ben Affleck will try, but he'll likely fail.

Who would be your ideal batman? Surely there are some choices out there that are worse than Ben Affleck.
Flag
Thanks! Good to be back.

I was disappointed with Man of Steel, too (I outlined a few of my complaints in a comment above). But The Dark Knight Returns is one of the first comics I ever bought, so this particular superhero mashup is dear to my heart, and the idea of Ben Affleck being Batman is like a kick in the balls.

I've always been a big comic book fan, and hands down the Marvel universe obliterates DC in sheer variety and content, but if I had to name my two favourite superheroes they would be:

1. Batman
2. Superman

So even though my hopes weren't that high, I still secretly hoped the movie would be awesome. Now that's pretty much an impossibility. This whole thing would seem like a practical joke if it wasn't fracking reality.

AFFLECK! ...

Now, let me go through the shows you mentioned in order with a quick dot-jot of my thoughts.

Dexter:

Question - Is there anyone who DOESN'T think Vogel is a crazy psychopath manipulator that probably is responsible for Zach's blood ending up at that crime scene? Or am I the crazy one and everyone thinks she great and super nice?

True Blood:

I haven't seen the finale yet, so I'm reserving judgement until I see the entirety of season 6. And I know you've liked the 6th season, so that's another reason for me to keep my mouth shut...

IT'S AWFUL!

How anyone can say it's good TV is beyond me. Basically the only thing I've liked in the entire season is Eric's awesome rampage. I could go on and on AND ON (Jessica! Jason! Ugh!), but I'll seriously stop now before I start going all caps crazy.

Breaking Bad:

So good. So very, very good. The way Hank and Marie have reacted to the Heisenberg bomb has been so organic and raw. The shock and betrayal. The fear and anger. Riveting television.

Question: I'm kinda feeling for Skylar at the moment. None of this is her fault and she's in an impossible situation. Anyone else switched from "Fuckin' Skylar!" to "Aww, Skylar"?

Question: What do you think of Walt flat out confronting Hank and urging him to back off due the fact he'll probably be dead soon? Personally, I think that was a bit of a tactical error and Walt should have kept his cards closer to his chest. Hank had no idea Walt knew he knew. There'a a number of ways Walt could have exploited that. But I suppose the man's nothing if not hubristic.
More +
Flag
I have almost the exact some view comics/comic book movies you do. Marvel has been able to create a lot of successful movies, while all DC has is Batman and Superman. For the tv points:

Dexter: If Vogel is a nice lady, that would be the best shocker in a long time. I've been finding this final season to be a massive bore, it's almost like it's trying to be as bad as season 6. These writers have clearly checked out, and don't even get me started on Hannah.

True Blood: I stand by my earlier comments that this season was at least better than season 5 (which I skimmed a couple episodes of, and I forgot how abysmal most of it was). Then again, that's a very low bar to overcome. In no way do I think this season is either good tv or the good comeback I was looking for, and looking back, the return of BAMF Eric is the only thing worth watching. You can at least admit he was much better this season than the last two right? It also managed to do something I thought was impossible; make Pam annoying (temporarily of course). FUCK THAT! Keep in mind, these writers had to work around the mess that Alan Ball left behind, like this stupid fucking Lilith bullshit and lame ass twilight villain Warlow. If he wasn't a twilight villain, he would of just been some corny boogeyman. When you see the finale, I'd like to know your thoughts.

Breaking Bad: Now this isn't good tv, it's fucking phenomenal tv! As you said, how Hank and Marie are handling this new is very organic. For your Skyler question, Skyler has always been a rude bitch. Not a bad person, though she showed signs of darkness with the Ted situation. She is in an extremely rough spot, because she isn't sure how Walt going to jail will effect her and her kids. I definitely felt for her when Marie was trying to take her baby away, which I thought was wrong. So right now, I am in "Awww, Skylar" mode. As for Walt confronting Hank, there are number of ways that could have played out, and I don't think the way Walt confronted Hank was the best course of action. However, it is like Walt to do something that. Walt's Heisenberg ego has grown strong the past few years, and it often takes control. It's like on season 5a, when Hank thinks the Heisenberg search has ended, Walt, or Heisenberg couldn't resist saying, "I think your man is still out there." Walt is at the point where he can't let something like this play out, he had to let Hank know that he is the one who knocks, he is the danger. The thing I'm most curious about, is what the is going to happen between Jesse and Hank? That's going to be the most chilling interrogation since Batman and The Joker in The Dark Knight.
More +
Flag
Oh, and thanks for getting me off the Affleck abomination and onto TV again. Looking forward to joining the BrBa forum tomorrow.
Flag
Clive Owen. Much worse than Affleck and he'd make a terrible Batman.
Flag
I think True Blood needs just another Season after Season 7... Just to pass the mark course of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series....

If they end True Blood at Season 7 mark course? That is just copying the Buffy the Vampire Slayer how they did... It's just very wrong copying somebody's else broadcasting run as same as another show did....

I love to see True Blood to continue....
It's whole alot better than The Vampire Diaries I can say for myself...

If the cast wants move on and do other acting roles jobs? That's fine here!
But I think they will all agree on, just one more season after season 7 and making Season 8 the last season and end the series there... And that will make True Blood ending just like Harry Potter did on the 8th film with Season 8 if possible...

And
I happen to find Willa Burrell alot more interesting than Nora, Eric's sister this season 6 indeed... And Nora annoyed the living hell out of me into season 6 very much... She was whole alot better into Season 5 more alive as an character. Thank god Willa is added to the regular cast, she was more bright as an character and interesting as well...

I want Eric to release Willa go as his daughter type and have Bill adapt her as his second daughter... Eric shouldn't have the rights to have somebody, just as good like Willa and takes off to some place else instead... It's seems like Eric is more connected to his first creation vampire, Pam than Willa... So it will make more sense Bill become the decent father type, to Willa into the Vampire race by adapting her as his own daughter... And also Willa & Jessica are very close now as vampire friends... I don't see why not they can both be sisters together and have the same mentor father, Bill...
More+
Flag
right because there's no two shows that ended with the same amount of seasons.
Fringe and Chuck both have 5.
Dexter and Weeds both have 8.
Smallville and Friends both have 10.
Alphas and Dollhouse both have 2.
THIS DOES NOT mean they copied each other's broadcast run. thats the craziest thing I've ever heard. I agree that True Blood should have an 8th season but don't act like Season 7 being the last would be a "copy" of Buffy the Vampire Slayer because they both aired for the same amount of time, lol. wtf
Flag
Why did you compare Drama Series to Sitcoms Series, throwing your cents in proving me wrong? WTF?

It's like saying comparing Sabrina to Buffy... Because they both ended up closing at Season 7 in the same exactly year... But one is a Drama series and the another one is Sitcom series... Come on now... You never, never never compare Drama series together with Sitcom series...

You my friend, are missing the heck point about my reply...

It nothing to do with other shows have ended, having the same reason season cause run broadcasting... And For pete sakes... Both True Blood & Buffy are vampire themes shows for the love of god. And first Buffy ends at Season 7 run series and now they're thinking of ending True Blood the same after Season 7 like Buffy did...
Flag
CharmedOne, it's not worth it. I don't want to be a dick, but either Amazon_Hollow is a young kid, someone who doesn't use English as a first language, or... Yeah, it's not worth it.

You are absolutely correct, though.
Flag
True Blood is truly the show for you... And I'm truly an ass. Goddamn, Affleck. I need a drink.
Flag
True Blood always has been the right interest show for me since the beginning... And The Vampire Diaries sure was not the show interest for me at all what's so ever...

If they even dare end True Blood after Season 7? Maybe they should add another one to their collection and have The Vampire Diaries end at Season 7.... So they can have all 3 vampire adaption as tv series, came to close at Season 7 into Tv history... And First one ever ended at Season 7, is Buffy the Vampire Slayer played on The WB before the channel was switch to The CW...

And now tv is brings newbie Vampire show called Dracula, also by novel book story as adaption tv series playing on NBC this Fall... And let's see the fate turn of this one as an career life... If it does it might have the same fate of 7 seasons run to the series like the else?
Flag
You do know that Buffy is currently in its ninth season right? Sure the medium has changed but otherwise it's still going strong
Flag
You do know right the Buffy show stopped at Season 7 course on Tv broadcasting... And they continue the story as an comic book novel... And even also given Spin-off series known as Angel on for afew years unlike Buffy broadcasting run course...

So, I am not totally wrong here, about Buffy ending at Season 7 on Tv broadcasting.... It's just they went head continue the story as an comic book novel... Just like we are seeing Smallville, tv series end on Tv at Season 10... And they continue that story as an comic book novel on 11th Season...
Flag
True Blood was amazing this season. It just got back to its roots and now they're thinking of taking it away?!?! Weeds and Dexter both lasted 8 seasons, and True Blood's the type of show that could even go on longer.

Flag
Willa Burrell? That doesn't make any sense unless they are doing it so they can kill off a regular.
Flag
They alredy did: Nora - Eric's sister - died, enters Pam's sister.

Its a sister for a sister.
Flag
Is Alexander Skarsgard still a series regular? If I knew that, I wouldn't be panicking so much about the season 6 finale.
Flag
If its a father for a father then Governor - Willa' father - was already killed off the same season Andy became a father (and lost three of his daughters).

Unless they name a new Sheriff in area 5, I won't worry about a Sheriff for a Sheriif (Northman).
Flag
Oh, wow, she was a regular? I didn't even notice.
Flag
Robert Patrick was also a regular, even with his very limited and pointless screen time. Even the werewolf chick Riki was listed as a regular. I do agree though that characters like Willa, Violet and James were created so that when the time comes to kill a character off, they can just kill one of the new vampires instead of the core vampires like Bill, Pam or Jessica.
Flag
The only reason I'm worried about Jessica is because she promised Andy and Adilyn her protection and she's not old enough to protect a half fae from hordes of infected vampires.
Flag
Haven't watched Grimm yet, but it's always good to see Whedon actors getting guest stints on genre shows.

If you had told be the next season of True Blood was going to be its last before the beginning of season six I would not have had a problem with that. But season six was surprisingly good, and shows that the series can still do interesting things, so I'm torn about this. At least Buckner will know before writing begins on season seven if this is the case, hopefully it'll mean a good ending.

None of ABC Family's comedy pilots sound like comedies, or that they'll be good for that matter.

Wow, television networks are sure going through there fads nowadays. Just when I thought 'limited run series' were the new thing it looks like 'more unnecessary adaptations of The Wizard of Oz' has taken charge.

Timothy Dalton seems like a great casting choice for Penny Dreadful.

Not really surprised at Willa becoming a regular on True Blood. Maybe it was just me, but did anyone else get a vibe that her and Tara were 'a thing' after that six month time jump in the final?
More+
Flag
Usually Jim Beaver makes any show better. Revolution will be his toughest challenge yet.
Flag
My philosophy is: if the writers can't make a show any better, there's only so much that good actors can do.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I don't know, it would take much Beaver to make Revolution much better. Defiantly cant make it worse, that's Charlies job.
Flag
If Billy Burke, Elizabeth Mitchell and Giancarlo Esposito couldn't do it...
Flag
Had this been 2 series ago on Doctor Who, I would have sent my money to the BBC to help compensate them for the shipping of one Dalek - and a good one, not the crappy, movie-inspired ones, Peter Jackson deserves one that has been filled with the farts of little people on tricycles. But within the last 2 series? The writing wouldn't have supported a Peter Jackson-directed episode of Doctor Who even a little, and it would have been a waste of a perfectly good Dalek full of farts.
As for Timothy Dalton, what you said there was "it's going to be badass because Timothy Dalton has amazing range and is a dark muthafatha, and Sam Mendes isn't incompetent."
Flag
Ugh.
I had completely blocked Revolution out of my mind and then you had to bring it up. Thanks for that Kaitlin. Jim Beaver? You are so much better than Revolution.
Flag
Beaver gotta eat!
Flag
I know but how do you go from Justified to the big bag of suck that is Revolution. Certainly there are bette series out there for him to be a part of. Though he might have some loyalty to Kripke.
Flag
It's kind of like watching Dean Norris on the greatness that is Breaking Bad, then watching him on the garbage that is Under the Dome the next night.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members