A Grimm Community
Friday 8:00 PM on NBC (Returning Fall 2016)
How does this shows community have so many members?! Damn, you guys have more than the Breaking Bad community! Basically my question is this, if I wasn't super wowed with season 1 should I still give season 2 a go? When I started watching season 1 I heavily compared it to OUAT, and didn't like it anywhere near as much and sort of gave up on it. I ended up finishing season 1 about halfway through Season 2's run. I have all of the episodes for season 2 saved in my DVR so it wouldn't be hard. I just don't know if I want to waste the time I could be using to watch other things I'm behind on, or if I want to just marathon this before season 3 stars! Did any of you find season 2 better or more engaging than season 1. Pretty much my favorite thing about season 1 was Monroe and Rosalie being all cute so if there's more of that in season 2 that would be a plus! Thanks guys!
Comments (13)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Season 2 was light-years better than season 1. :)

My suggestion: check out the first three episodes. After seeing episode 3:
  • If you're wowed... then check out the rest of the season.
  • If you're reasonably interested in what happens next... then check out the rest of the first half of the season (up until "Season of the Hexenbiest", episode 12). If you're not wowed by episode 12, then you probably won't be wowed by much on the show.
  • If you're still completely unimpressed with the show... then this show is probably not for you.
Flag
Er, by "first 3 episodes," I'm referring to the first 3 episodes of season 2.
Flag
Season 2 was good, but, weirdly probably showed one of the issues that you didn't realize Season 1 had. The show does its mythology really well and you want more of that, but there case of the week stuff started to suffer. Season 2 has more of the dynamics of the group together (minor spoiler, Hank gets in on the secret like really quickly and he is a pleasant addition to the group). Probably one of the biggest issues, for you and for a lot of us, was that the actress playing Rosalee had a baby and was away 'taking care of her aunt' for awhile and there was a bit of floundering (she is clearly the smartest member of the little gang about all things Wesen and what became sort of cool as the season went on was that Nick realized this too and even though Monroe is one of his best buds, he tended to ask Rosalee first). But is there more Monroe/Rosalee cuteness? Good lord yes...There are other relationship dynamics that you question more...I'm trying to figure out how to ask this...do you know what happens with Adalind's mom yet?

Weirdly, Season 2 is a lot of set up for things that are clearly going to be happening in Season 3. But as Season 2 went on, I actually thought the random case of the week became better (there is this fly episode which is really gross, and probably a highlight of the season). Honestly, there probably is only one or two episodes from the first half of the season you need to watch but the second half is really good.
More+
Flag
I don't really know anything about Adalind's mom except what we saw in season 1. I do know Adalind gets her powers back, and I'm glad because I actually liked her!
Flag
Yeah, that is a whole complicated other storyline (like a third of the season takes place in Vienna)...but it is who does something to her mother that is sort of her driving force (she is wrong and there is divide over whether people really like the actual person). She is playing a very complicated game right now and I wonder if there is some plan to get her with our gang at some point because there is a little more fun chemistry between her and Nick than Nick and Juliette (and I am not on the I hate Juliette band wagon, they just need to remember she is smart and has her own skills)
Flag
I more or less enjoyed Season 1 from the beginning, though it did some early bumbling about as it tried to find its stride. I personally found Season 2 much tighter and more confident than Season 1. If the premise of Grimm appeals to you but you found Season 1 moderately to poorly executed, I'd give Season 2 a go. Nick and Juliette remain a difficult couple to get behind—though even that improves by the end of the season—but the flirtation between Monroe and Rosalee is one of the best on television, and Nick's opportunity to move in with Monroe makes for some excellent roommate moments.

In contrast, I find Once Upon a Time to have lost its footing a bit. It's an excellent idea that was best at the very beginning. It continues to have fine moments that remind me just how good the show COULD have been, but consistently underwhelms by giving most of its characters a *reset* button which brings them back to their original settings just when you think they might be getting interesting. Grimm seems to be getting its (initially scattered) mythology together while Once Upon a Time continues to make it up as it goes.
More+
Flag
I agree about OUAT now. They're kind of running out of things to do and just adding more and more stuff and more and more characters and it's getting exhausting! I really enjoyed most of the first season though, which is when I would've been watching Grimm! I didn't know Nick and Monroe become roommates! That's so cute!
Flag
I don't know if I'm really the right person to answer this, because I did not enjoy Season 2 as much as Season 1. However, I really loved Season 1 :D It depends what you're looking for - what didn't you like about Season 1, or what did you maybe want to see more of? Season 2 was more serialized, less case-of-the-week. There were more overarching storylines that were addressed more often, week to week, than in Season 1.

And the case-of-the-week episodes in Season 2 were kind of different as well - a lot of them addressed the wesen community more, or were more involved with the wesen community. As opposed to, in Season 1, where Nick would just sort of come upon a "normal" case that just happened to involve a wesen. I hope that makes sense lol. I could give some examples, but I don't necessarily want to spoil anything in Season 2 for you.

As for Rosalie and Monroe, there's definitely a lot more of them :) Although the actress that plays Rosalie was pregnant last season, so the character was "out of town" for a few episodes.
Flag
One of the main things about Season 1 was I didn't really care about Nick and Juliette and all their drama. So I'm worried about how much time is going to be spent on her stupid coma. I heard that his Police Partner finds out that he's a Grimm and I think that's good because that's another thing I found kind of annoying that he was always like blindly accepting about what's going on. I think serialization could help too instead of always stumbling onto Wessen. Honestly, some of the things about season 1 kind of confused me. The whole Captain is really someone else or something and the coins and Hitler...?
Flag
The coma was swiftly dealt with, the show immediately went to the next plot. And said next plot was switly dealt with, so the story went immediately to the next plot.

The good thing is you can watch at any point and never feel lost.
Flag
Yeeahhh... I think the main thing most people didn't like about Season 2 was Juliette. The aftereffects of her being in the coma are drawn out into a very long storyline for her throughout Season 2, and it was mostly pretty boring and annoying. That said, in most episodes her storyline didn't occupy more than one or two short scenes, so it's not like it was a huge part of Season 2.

Hank does find out about Nick, very early on, and that definitely is a big plus. Some of the mystery surrounding the Captain comes to light as well. So, especially in the second half of the season, there's a lot more working together between all the major players, which I liked.

The coins/Hitler thing doesn't really come up again, from what I remember. I can't remember if they put the lid on that completely, or if they just haven't talked about it again.

I hope I've been helpful, and feel free to ask more questions. I don't feel like I can really say whether or not you should watch Season 2, since I sort of have mixed feelings about it myself, but I thought I could at least give you an idea what the season was like.
More +
Flag
You should watch it, cause season 2 is better than season 1 IMHO.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members