A Grimm Community
NBC (ended 2017)
Thought I'd just start a quick thing, to keep Grimm in our heads until September/October/whenever they plan to start the next season. :)

What do we think will happen in the first episode? What do we think will happen beyond, in the season?

(I'll be putting my own thoughts in a comment. I wanted to leave the post as open-ended as possible).
Comments (6)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I really, really, really wish they hadn't gone there with Adalind and Nick. Just the thought makes me want to hurl. Surely they could have thought of some other way for Adalind to take away his Grimm-ness. I need my brain cleaned and Nick needs some extensive therapy, not to mention medical treatment for anything else he might have contracted from her. (Shudder.)

I think they're going to have to resolve whether Nick and Juliette will survive this latest curve ball. Juliette knows Nick didn't do anything wrong, and Nick knows he's morally guiltless, but it's easier to think that than to really process. As Juliette clearly realized, it's not his fault but it's just the kind of thing that keeps happening around Nick. It appeared that she wasn't sure she could or wanted to handle it. On Nick's side, it's rape, really, and the accursed shape-switching may make it hard at the least for Nick, just on a visceral level, not to distance himself from Juliette. Personally, I like Nick having someone special in his life, being the kind of guy who is mature and interested in a serious and exclusive relationship. I'm on the fence about Juliette. I think she has potential, but we need to see her step up and show some of the quality Nick will need, especially in a situation like this. If she can't, then they need to part ways and eventually the show needs to introduce someone who can be the kind of woman Nick needs in his life. (Whatever you do, don't make Nick a player or one of the all-too-common Hollywood leads who go through romantic interests like clothes.)

Renard's condition, of course, will be a question. And getting Nick's abilities back. The feud between Nick and Adalind has, if possible, just taken on an even more personal level, and I so want to see her destroyed once and for all. I'm hoping that Trubel is temporary; she's amusing but completely and totally green and doesn't fit into the overall dynamic of the show and the characters very well. She needs to be off doing her own thing. Maybe show up occasionally, like Kelly.

But it's about time for the show to start digging into what's there. I think Nick has the potential to be a focal point of a threat to the power of the Royals and the Verrat. I think it's about time he does some hard thinking about what it means to be a Grimm and what goals or vision he has as a Grimm, because the Grimms can't survive doing things the way they have to date. (He'll be the last of his line if he doesn't get busy soon and can't find ways to protect any children until they can take on the mantle and have children of their own. It appears that the Grimms at this point have no chance to have families and pass on their gifts; there are so few left and they're hounded so that they never have stability enough to have families. And who will be there to keep any kind of balance without the Grimms? I also think other Grimms will stand up and take notice of Nick's more modern approach, if he reaches out to the right ones and handles them carefully. In fact, I'm guessing they've already quietly been keeping an eye on his experiment in Portland.

Can the wesen remain hidden? I think there's good reason to think that things can't keep going as they have, and Nick and his friends may be the only hope there is for building a peace and a functioning wesen community that can be integrated with the larger human community when the wesen world is exposed. I think Nick and Renard will end up on opposite sides in the end and that the Royal families might end up having to bow to Sean Renard if they want to keep their power amid the storm Nick is going to kick up among the common wesen. After all, who are the Royals? What makes them so special, and where in the world did all that power come from? Why should the wesen listen to and support them?

Anyway, just a few thoughts.
More+
Flag
I agree with wwcpd, I think Trubel is there to be the Grimm while Nick doesn't have his powers which I predict will be for quite a few episodes actually. It would work because we would still have a Grimm and a mechanism to have the show which is something Katerine you were concerned with.

If it were me writing I would see this situation as an avenue for developing two things: the first being the idea that a Grimm is much more than just a person that has powers, it's the knowledge that comes with the tradition and he didn't forget everything he learned.

The other idea is that Nick has been questioning his life as a Grimm. How important is it that he in particular is a Grimm? Because it's taken a toll on his life. Why should he carry that burden? Just because he inherited it? There are a bunch of Grimms out there.

Okay, well now he doesn't have the powers anymore. What now? I think that's going to be answered when Trubel goes off the rails and I think she is very much going to do that. BUT she is a Grimm and Nick won't be able to do anything about that.

That is unless he finally gets his powers back and realizes he has to be a Grimm because all that power has to be wielded by someone levelheaded to offset all the scary boogeyman Grimms out there.

And I'll predict right now: Nick will get his powers back by absorbing and taking Trubel's and with it transferring the burden and mantle of Grimm back to him.

More+
Flag
So, when we left off, Adalind had sex with Nick while disguised as Juliette, apparently with the goal of taking away Nick's Grimm-ness. It would appear that she succeeded; Nick couldn't see a room of Wesen who were all Woge'd.

We know that Nick will somehow wind up with his powers back; otherwise, there wouldn't be a show. The real questions are: when, why, and how?

The reason Adalind took Nick's powers, was that Viktor asked/told her to, as a condition of seeing her daughter again. Viktor told her to do this, because all he really knows about Nick is that he was somehow involved, and he definitely knows who "that woman" (i.e. Kelly Burkhardt) is.

So, presumably, Viktor wants to interrogate Nick without dealing with the troubles of interrogating a Grimm. I think Nick will be kidnapped for that purpose.

We've already seen how the Verrat interrogate people; they're fond of waterboarding. That's probably what they're going to do to Nick. Until they accidentally drown him.

Adalind was able to take Nick's powers because she had the blood of the Grimm inside her, and that somehow made him vulnerable. (And apparently, in order to take the powers of a Grimm, you need multiple... types of their fluids... inside you.) But Nick's blood got inside Adalind before the blindness-causing Wesen, and before the whole zombie thing. Which means that what she has inside her may not be current enough to account for all aspects of Nick's current Grimm state.

I think that Nick will appear to die before Viktor has his answers, they will attempt to revive him, and he will come back with full powers intact (as the "zombie deaths" thing always seemed to come with some sort of regeneration).

Anyway, that's what I think will happen in the first episode. Thoughts for beyond may come later. :) Thoughts?
More+
Flag
Ooo, I like your zombie theory! Season 3 kept that open-ended and I kept waiting for Nick's spooky residual zombiness to cause trouble, but it never did... maybe they're saving it.
Flag
I think your prediction sounds pretty good to me! I doubt that Nick will remain powerless for long, although it makes me wonder if that's why they introduced Trubel.

I don't know about what I think will happen, but what I'd like to happen is for Wu to finally learn The Truth. And something I've wanted since the first episode: for Juliette to go far, far away.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members