A Grimm Community
Friday 9:00 PM on NBC (Returning Thanks for the Memories, premiering October 24, 2014)
Discussion
May 27, 2014
Speculation: What Do We Think Will Happen In Season 4?
Thought I'd just start a quick thing, to keep Grimm in our heads until September/October/whenever they plan to start the next season. :)

What do we think will happen in the first episode? What do we think will happen beyond, in the season?

(I'll be putting my own thoughts in a comment. I wanted to leave the post as open-ended as possible).
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: Grimm

Join in on the Grimm general show discussion.

Discussion
Apr 08, 2014
General Poll: What Do You Look For Most In a Martial Artist Hero?
I'm posting this in the Grimm Community because a Grimm fanfic is what got me thinking about this, but it applies to any show with any old-school (i.e. not with guns) fighting for people's lives.

I'm going to do this in several polls, because I don't know how to do a single "rank these things" poll. The goal is to have a ranking of the most important attributes by the end. :)

I can think of 5 important attributes for a fighter-hero to have, just when it comes to fight scenes. Those attributes are (in alphabetical order):
  • Agile (self-explanatory)
  • Fast (self-explanatory)
  • Skilled (trained and knowledgeable in martial arts)
  • Smart (able to think on your feet)
  • Strong (self-explanatory)
What's the MOST important of these to have?

Edit for clarification: I think I phrased my post header badly yesterday. I should never have used the term, "martial ...Read more
Discussion
Mar 16, 2014
Grimm: Let's Discuss Adalind's Baby, And What She Means
:)

Ok, so there's actually quite a lot to talk about. Off the top of my head:

- Is she born evil? I think there's a lot to be said for both sides of this argument.

On the one hand, as a user commented in the "Mommy Dearest" review, one of Grimm's biggest ongoing themes - if not the biggest ongoing theme, is that a person's choices determine whether they're good or bad, not the circumstances of their birth. So she can't be inherently evil, because according to the show's biggest theme, there's no such thing.

On the other hand, she's the daughter of a Hexenbiest and a Royal, and more importantly... a great deal was apparently done to her in utero. A woman was killed so that Adalind could bury her hands and feet in a field of flowers - that then all died ...Read more
Discussion
Mar 15, 2014
Upcoming Episode: "Synchroncity" (4/4/14)
Since we can no longer add new episodes to the system earlier than two weeks in advance of airdate, here's the info for the 4/4/14 episode in three weeks, from the NBC press release:

The Resistance's plan to keep Adalind (Claire Coffee) safe gets kicked into high gear when an unexpected ally arrives to ensure she and the baby make it out of Europe safely. In Portland, as Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) prepare for their upcoming wedding, Nick (David Giuntoli) and Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) are reminded of their failed proposal. Russell Hornsby, Sasha Roiz and Reggie Lee also star. TV-14 LV
Discussion
Feb 19, 2014
Biology in The Grimm Universe
For talking about anything biology-related in the Grimm universe!
Discussion
Jan 29, 2014
Grimm Big Picture: What Is This Show About?
Just to keep us engaged through the Olympic hiatus. :) And hopefully beyond - as new episodes air, our ideas might change.

To me, there are stories that are primarily about the characters and their lives. Like OUAT, for example - it's really just about Emma and Henry and Regina and Snow and all of the other characters and their personal quests.

And then, there are shows like Star Wars. Or Game of Thrones, for that matter. Where you have lots of really good fleshed-out characters, each living their lives... but it's all leading to something bigger. So that, by the end of the story, the entire world will have been changed by these characters. So, while the story is about the characters, it's also about how the world is changed.

I think Grimm falls into the latter category, and have ever since... probably the middle of season 2. I ...Read more
Discussion
Jan 12, 2014
Wesen-of-the-Week Episodes: Are They Necessarily Pointless?
In MaryAnn Sleasman's review of "Eyes of the Beholder," she said something that got me thinking. I started to reply, but then thought that this might be its own discussion, so here it is. :)

Re: "I don't know about you, but I personally don't need a shiny new Wesen every single week. I'd rather have strong stories built around the Wesen we already know."

Speaking for myself, I don't mind seeing new Wesen so often, but that's for two reasons:

1. Usually, as in the Russian episode, they manage to use the new Wesen to further the relationships between the main cast, and/or change a perspective for a main cast member (I think Nick learned something from Mishkin, for example. They didn't come right out and say it, because they didn't need to).

2. Even in the Wesen-of-the-week episodes that are ...Read more
Discussion
Jan 11, 2014
Grimm Mythology: Three Big Questions That Need Answers
1) What does Nick's key unlock?

-There are seven keys, the Royals have four.

-They have a map on their side that points to the location of a mysterious and powerful object found by Grimm crusaders and hidden from the Royal families.

They've been teasing us with this key since the pilot, I think it is about time we find out what exactly is inside that vault.

2) What is the history between Renard and Nick's family?

-In the Pilot Renard sends multiple assassins to kill Marie because "We need him on our side." What dirt did Marie have on Renard that would compel him to silence her?
Does it have anything to do with how Renard ended up Nick's police captain? Better question: Why hasn't Nick asked Renard about any of this?

-Why did Kelly fail to mention that Catherine Shade told her that ...Read more
Discussion
Dec 03, 2013
My Beloved Monster or The Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Vote for Monroe as Most Lovable Monster

5) Bludbaden are not vampires, if you don't believe that's reason enough then you haven't watched TV for the last 7 years.

4) He's an accomplished Cellist. Not everybody knows that, mostly because he doesn't like to brag. Also, because his best friend is a ...Read more
Discussion
Nov 10, 2013
Theories: Nick's New "Condition"
What are everybody's theories surrounding Nick's new "condition" in S3? Speculation about what exactly is happening, and what it all means, is welcome. :)

Spoilers! (up to S3E3, "A Dish Best Served Cold")

Here are the facts we know for sure (as of E3). I'm listing every fact I can think of, including the ones that I don't personally think are relevant, in case others disagree:
  • The "dying" thing (where he goes completely grey and cold and has no discernible pulse or breath) happened three times, that we know of, since he was cured from being a zombie.
  • It's unknown how long he was "dead" the first two times. The third time, it was for less than a minute. Because Juliette was there to wake him? Or is that just how long it lasts?
  • Twice, he was asleep. Once, he was awake, and sitting. All three ...
Read more
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 22 Season 3
Blond Ambition
Aired
Episode 21 Season 3
The Inheritance
Aired
Episode 20 Season 3
My Fair Wesen
Aired
Episode 19 Season 3
Nobody Knows the Trubel I've Seen
Aired
Episode 18 Season 3
The Law of Sacrifice
Aired
Det. Nick Burkhardt
Lt. Hank Griffin
Juliette Silverton
Captain Sean Renard

A supernatural crime drama involving a police detective (played by David Giuntoli) who can see the dual nature of creatures among us hiding in human form. As the descendant of the Grimms, he can see their inner natures. He also has the responsibility of being judge, jury, and sometimes executioner for crimes among these "others" for which there are no human laws that apply.

moreless