Grimm Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on NBCIn Season

can Wesen see another Wesen

KingCooky

[1]Nov 18, 2012
    • level: 1

When thereis a Woga the Grimm can see the Wesen. But another wesen can see that even those who do not want to become?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ionee24

[2]Nov 20, 2012
    • level: 32
    KingCooky wrote:

When thereis a Woga the Grimm can see the Wesen. But another wesen can see that even those who do not want to become?

If they didn't , the Verrat would've no cause to kill those wesen who marry outside their species.

Monroe and Rosalee are considered an "abomination" because they know what they are doing.

SuzanneBeryl

[3]Nov 27, 2012
    • level: 1

Looks like wesen can see another wesen all the time.

Angelina recognizes Rosalee as a fuchsau.

Bauerschweine know the blutbaden.

Eisbiber (Bud) are extorted by hisslich.

Edited on 11/27/2012 7:08pm

protonefrid

[4]Dec 21, 2012
    • level: 8

but the verrat guy who was hunting for the jurnalist guy (Rosalee's exboyfriend) didn't recognize Monroe for a bluthbad... he thought he was a fuchsbau until he turned. Bluthbads are physicaly much more powerful then fuchsbaus so Monroe was planing to mislead the guy to let him get close enough to attack him.

I think they can only sense the wessen nature in others... but they can't see other wessen, nor know the exact specie, either until those other wessen get emotional or choses to show themselves.

I think Angelina could smell Rosalee... buthbaden have a keen sense of smell so maybe that's how she knew what she was.

Edited on 12/21/2012 5:25am

ionee24

[5]Dec 22, 2012
    That guy wasn't Verrat, he served the Royal house tracking wesen from the resistance. Verrat are xenophobes that execute on sight. This one killed only to cover his track.

Otherwise Monore and Rosalee would've been executed for the "crime" of a mixed relationship.

Katerine_M

[6]Mar 29, 2013
    ionee24 wrote:
    That guy wasn't Verrat, he served the Royal house tracking wesen from the resistance. Verrat are xenophobes that execute on sight. This one killed only to cover his track.

Otherwise Monore and Rosalee would've been executed for the "crime" of a mixed relationship.

I keep wondering where you guys are getting this information. Because all I know about the Verrat from the show is that they have tattoos on their hands, are largely made up of Huntjaeger, and serve the Royal Families.

protonefrid wrote:
    I think they can only sense the wessen nature in others... but they can't see other wessen, nor know the exact specie, either until those other wessen get emotional or choses to show themselves.

I kind of agree, and kind of don't. Before reading this board, I actually thought it was fairly obvious that Wesen have three states:

State #1: They look like humans to everybody, other Wesen and Grimms included. This is most of the time. Other Wesen may actually have an advantage over Grimms in this case, because they can probably tell that somebody is a Wesen, even if they can't tell what kind.

State #2: Woge, first stage. Upset, angry, out of sorts. When a Wesen enters this state, Grimms can see them for what they are. And, I think, other Wesen can too. Otherwise, how do you explain why they freely show themselves in this state when they want other Wesen to know what they are, without worrying about the regular humans around?

State #3: Woge, second stage. "Really pissed off." When a Wesen enters this state, everybody can see them for what they are. Grimms, other Wesen, and even regular humans.

In my view, Grimms have no advantage over regular Wesen when it just comes to detecting other Wesen... it's only regular humans that can't see State #2, and Wesen even have an advantage when it comes to State #1. The reason Grimms are considered more dangerous than other Wesen... I think that's still being developed and we'll see more of it as the show goes on. I certainly hope so. But for right now, the only reason Wesen fear Grimms that I can think of is that, unlike with other Wesen, Grimms are known for a) thinking themselves to be more human than Wesen are, b) killing Wesen just for being Wesen, and c) being really, really good at it.

ionee24

[7]Apr 5, 2013

Katerine_M wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I keep wondering where you guys are getting this information.

The late Angelina Lasser, Bud of course, Monroe and mostly several mentions of it in season 1.

Oh! And Adalind's mother and Renard's brother: the Prince in Portland is, in fact, an abomination because he's a mixed hexenbiest/Royal offspring.

The only reason the Captain is alive its because his mother took him out of Europe before the Verrat would kill him.

Edited on 04/05/2013 7:27pm

Katerine_M

[8]Apr 7, 2013
    ionee24 wrote:

Katerine_M wrote:
    I keep wondering where you guys are getting this information.

The late Angelina Lasser, Bud of course, Monroe and mostly several mentions of it in season 1.

I don't remember any of this, but I don't remember most of S1, so I will take your word for it.
    :

Oh! And Adalind's mother and Renard's brother: the Prince in Portland is, in fact, an abomination because he's a mixed hexenbiest/Royal offspring.

The only reason the Captain is alive its because his mother took him out of Europe before the Verrat would kill him.

Well, all that means is that the Royal Family doesn't like their own family mixing with Wesen blood (or, more accurately, it only means that they don't like their own family being tainted with Hexenbiest blood). There's actually a huge leap between "I don't like this going on in MY family," and, "I don't like this going on in ANY family." In fact, so many people IRL have that double-standard, that it almost makes them two completely separate philosophies.
    Edited on 04/07/2013 3:58pm