Grimm Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

doomed

justinwestnet

[1]May 29, 2011
    • level: 17

I'm sorry, this looks like it could be good, but what is NBC thinking?!

1) Matching it on a Friday, against Supernatural AND Fringe - both SciFi/Supernatural giants with loyal and dedicated fanbases. I'm an avid fan of both shows, and my DVR only records two shows at once....so sorry Grimm, you're losing out.

2) Odds are that either Supernatural and/or Fringe will be done after next season. Fringe was lucky to get a 4thseason, and many people seem to think Supernatural needs to bow out while they still can. I never watched Smallville, but if this goes on like that, I will be frustrated. Show could have bowed out last season and I would have been happy. So why doesn't NBC just wait one season? I would watch this in a heartbeat if it wasn't up against SPN or Fringe.

Sadly, I bet this fails. Could be wrong, but the odds are already against it. Nice work NBC...should have waited one season to air this...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mistral5

[2]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 6

That or another day...

TvWatcha3

[3]Jul 1, 2011
    • level: 7

I have high hopes for it. =)

The Proud Potato: New Cop Drama Gets Creepy

haldrey

[4]Jul 7, 2011
    • level: 22
    Maybe not doomed but against those big boys its destiny is the recorder.

LuvEveLP

[5]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 8

I don't have a DVR, but NBC is available on Optimum On Demand, so that's where I'll be going to check out this new show!

chaos_789

[6]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 2
    well, about supernatural, people do say this season 7 premiere was the best yet, however, I don't see where else they can go after this season, season 1-5 was all about the coming of and the apocalpse, season 6 and 7 is about the after math, so I really don't see what would be left, I am thinkinf 7 could be the last as well.

As for Grimm, if it comes on the same time as supernatural, I have satilite, so I would watch it later on the same day,but it looks like it could be good, I think it looks interesting, but I would have to see the first episode to get my opinion on it.

Avearia

[7]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 14
    Have you SEEN the lineup? I don't think NBC THINKS. Every single new comedy looked terrible and the general lineup was bland as all heck. And which one do they put in the kill slot? during the same time that its typical audience would obviously be preoccupied? Grimm, the only show that looked remotely interesting to me. (--Besides the dinosaurs one. But hey. DINOSAURS.) So yeah. NBC doesn't think. Or at least, they think that we DON'T think.

Drustan

[8]Oct 13, 2011
    • level: 1

This show does look interesting and i would love to watch it. Alas if it has the same time slot as Supernatural....then ill just have to watch it later online, because even though im interested..NOTHING will make me miss Supernatural. So..heres hoping for reruns!lol.

beastie2b

[9]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 3

I really hope this show does do well for multiple reasons, but mostly cause it is filmed in my city and gives us Oregonians some "extra" work from time to time.

angelzita

[13]Oct 16, 2011
    • level: 7

I have to say that im not a fan of fringe and i do see the similarity to supernatural but this show was great. i enjoyed it very much, and am happy to see something different. granted it is kinda a cop show but not your typical cop show. If you want to watch it now and get a feel for it you need to add them on your twitter page and since i didnt have one and wanted to watch it i signed up got the code and deleted my account on twitter.

bbyboop1977

[14]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 10

I'm in the same boat. DVR is set to record SuperNatural and Fringe and both of those shows will always come first. I'd like to watch Grimm looks good my type of show, but can't. Right now NBC has the preview on demand so I'm hoping that when it airs the next day it will be on demand and I can watch it there.

hell693

[15]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 11
    I say that Fring is doomed I don't think it will last another season so I'm gonna give this show a chance and dvr supernatural and watch Fring on iTunes so that if this show is good I would love it if it survived past season 1 although I don't think it will because NBC is a crappy network I think if they moved it to another night it would be best because it cannot survive with supernatural and Fring in the same timeslot but we will just have to wait and see.

kittycolfer

[16]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 1

I'll just have to tape Grimm while I watch Supernatural. it's kind of a drag, but for the producers of Buffy & Angel, it's worth it.

NinjaTurtleFan

[17]Oct 22, 2011
    • level: 5

In regards of doomed, I don't understand why nbc is putting on a more horror like show at the very end of October. Why couldn't they start the last week of September? It's so stupid to me to start it 3 days before Halloween.

I agree though that it's at a bad time because they have Fringe, House of Payne, CSI NY and this show on at the same time for me. And on Friday, there is nothing good for me at 7 pm, or 9 pm.. Why does it have to be on at 8 pm central? At 9 pm, the other stuff isn't that great. You have 20/20, Blue Bloods, and 2 news for me. Basically, it wouldn't have much competition. And I understand why they would put a syfy show on a Friday night compared to another night. Though, as you said (the original topic writer), it's got a lot of competition.

jack756

[20]Oct 22, 2011
    • level: 14
    it may be doom b/c of its time slot.

i mean putting it up against fringe and sn its not showing good faith unless this show can maintain the same numbers as fringe and supernatural.which i doubt b/c everyone that like the promos for this show are fans who already watches fringe,supernatural or both.so the audience for this show are fringe and superntural fans.

i cant really say if fringe and supernatural will get pick up.i think they will tho.

fringe has to keep its ratings better than season 3 finale (s3 final numbers were awful).fringe is doing a good job by keeping s4 ratings better than season 3 finale.

far as sn its on the cw.i love the cw b/c they dont cancel shows to quick and theyre the only station that gives their show time to shine but thats also the down side.since the cw arent so quick 2 cancel a show they will let shows go on so long when they need to be put out their minds lol

i think fringe and sn will get pick up.but if it was me i would cancel sn and pick fringe up.

but as long as this show grimm can maintain the same numebrs or better numbers than fringe and superntaural itll be okay.