Grimm Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on NBCIn Season

grimms powers

jack756

[1]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 14

first i want to start off by saying i havent been on here in a while.where im at my area dont have internt.all i have at home is an old phone that will let you look stuff up online but you cant comment on stuff.so when i finsihes writing this i want be able to respond to anyone but i will be looking at my phone at home to see what youn guys wrote.if your wondering how im writing now im at the local store thats a 30 minute walkfrom my house to get online.(im not gone be walking again to far)

now to my topic.

we know nick can see monsters true form at will and we did see some kind of premintions in one ep(nick dream about the girl who was been murdered)but i keep asking myself why are monsters afraid of grimms if they dont have any powers.i mean look at buffy.she had lots of powers but it was mostly physical and she kick but.nick should have something like buffy.

i just want to know are the writers gone give nick powers or what.(maybe im overreacting maybe nick have them already but havent access them yet)and if so what powers will you want nick to have?

i would give him superstrength and accelarted healing

ps:i hoping they do more fights like aunt marie did in the pilot she was bad a**.(the fights that they do now are kind of sloppy b/c the camera moves so fast they need to work on that)

but what powers do you want nick to have?(sorry bout spellign in a rush)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BlueFlame

[2]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 4

I think they should just make Nick have quick reflexes, superior senses,be pretty Uber with those weapons in his caravan [kinda martial arts style] and maybe bust out a few mind tricks like a Jedi would.

neosildrake

[3]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 2

Because next to any Wesen seems to both either abhorr or fear Grimms or both, their powers have to be pretty much awesome. I mean they have to be, when even predators like Blutbaden with their superior strength and speed see them as a dangerous threat and fear them.

Well as of 1x19 it seems that at least certain fighting prowress is included, because up till now Nick never showed that kind of level. Couple that with higher strength, endurance, speed and reflexes. (He did held his own against 2 reapers and at least one of them maybe both were Trolls, whom are naturally way stronger than an ordinary human. Imaginbe his abilities after more training and experience!). That power should however be a conscious one that he can "fortify" his body to superhuman level.

Also it has been shown that the blood of a Grimm can cancel out or even completely "kill" certain powers (Hexenbiest). That in turn could also give him the power to have a higher resistance or even immunity to Wesen related poisens and potions.

And since Grimms can see the true form of a Wesen, it would only be natural to have some kind of precognition or wesen related danger sense as well as certain resistance or even immunity to psycho-tricks like illusions or mind reading/manipulation/suggestions. Aslo maybe the ability to install fear and/or submission into Wesen when he really activates his powers.

If you combine all these then that would make a seriously bada** Grimm.

I asked myself what a Wesen sees when he/she/it sees a Grimm. I mean Nick sees their true form. It's only natural that they do the same. So how would Nick look to them when his Grimm comes out? Maybe like the proverbial Grim Reaper, skeletial and haunting. That would be awesome and make the scythe wielding Wesen named Reapers that hunt the Grimms really into something deeper.

Danah

[4]May 12, 2012
    • level: 3

thats precisely what i was wondering about, i came here to ask the same question than saw your topic. I'm just a few episodes in, the show airs a bit late in my country -each show is different- they just aired episode 7 last week but even though i like the characters i thought it was dumb for a whole species of scary-fangy-can-rip-ur-bones-eat-u-or-simply-shoot-u to be scared of one regular human being who's only ability is that he can see them and have book that tells him their names and some of their weaknesses. so i came here to see if anything is gonna come up in the future or if thats it, cuz if it is, than other than having a pretty good plot, this show makes NO SENSE!!!!!!

ShuNamHui

[5]May 20, 2012
    • level: 3

Grimm is not very strong but the fact is most Wesen have not seen a Grimm and they only hear about Grimm from story and rumors. This explains why they are afraid of Grimms. Everything in story and rumors is exaggerated.

jack756

[6]May 23, 2012
    ShuNamHui wrote:

Grimm is not very strong but the fact is most Wesen have not seen a Grimm and they only hear about Grimm from story and rumors. This explains why they are afraid of Grimms. Everything in story and rumors is exaggerated.

before you read,thrri are spoilers so if you havent seen the finale dont read what i wrote just a warning

grimm must be strong b/c in the finale nick fought a monster that was said to be invicbale and nick beat him up.not to mention his mom kick nick butt after nick beat up the invicbale dude.gimms must have some strength.nick stron enoguh to take on someone ionvcibale and nick mom took her own son out..

far as the stories.everything nick heard about the monsters are true.and everthing monsters hear baout grimms are true.

grimm are very dangerous i mean look at nick just after bout 3 fights his a male xena(i said this before)which is so cool.

and look at monsters they are just as evil or more evil in person than the stories.

so grimms have to be strong especially after seeing the finale and what writen in books are down played b/c grimms seems to be more dangerous in person than what they write about them.(im thinking any monster who saw a grimm didnt live to tell about lol)and im sure grimms have the dirt on monstersconsdering nick always find a way to kill whatever he faced with from his family book(i call it a book of shadows fro grimms ).

jus saying

ps:sorry bout spelling

chaos_789

[7]May 24, 2012
    ya, I think your right, Grimms do have certain powers, like you saw in the season finale,

Spoilers Below:

When nick was fighting that creature, the creature was beating Nick, but then it seemed Nick drew on his Grimm powers, since the creature nick couldn`t even hit once, now could not even stand up to nick, Nick blocked all his attacks, and beat him with little effort.

Also a look at his mother is when she was seen at the hotel, she she does though moves and disarms the cops before they even had time to react, then she jumps over the railing, lands on her feet and takes off. It seems Grimms have enhanced fighting abilities and agility.

jack756

[8]May 29, 2012
    chaos_789 wrote:
    ya, I think your right, Grimms do have certain powers, like you saw in the season finale,

Spoilers Below:

When nick was fighting that creature, the creature was beating Nick, but then it seemed Nick drew on his Grimm powers, since the creature nick couldn`t even hit once, now could not even stand up to nick, Nick blocked all his attacks, and beat him with little effort.

Also a look at his mother is when she was seen at the hotel, she she does though moves and disarms the cops before they even had time to react, then she jumps over the railing, lands on her feet and takes off. It seems Grimms have enhanced fighting abilities and agility.
    i am so glad someone agrees with me.i was about to say do fans even pay attention to the show

thanks chaos 789

Spicerack

[10]May 29, 2012

jack756 wrote:
    ShuNamHui wrote:

before you read,thrri are spoilers so if you havent seen the finale dont read what i wrote just a warning grimm must be strong b/c in the finale nick fought a monster that was said to be invicbale and nick beat him up.

While I agree that obviously a Grimm must have some natural abilities to allow them to compete with Wesen, Kimurawasn't said to be invincible. It was merely noted that the tattoo held a representational meaning of power/strength/immunity much in the same way that the swastika on the coins had a meaning of good fortune and the lions head held it's own meaning as well.

Since most Wesen out there are sort of human hybrids (at least that's the idea I get from the way Nicks blood was able to separate Adelind from her hexenbeast side) I'd say that Grimms have a similar composition, sort of like an evolution of humans in defense to the predatory nature of most ancient Vesen.

I've always wondered if Nick didn't react when he saw a Wesens true form would they know him for what he is? And why would they automatically assume he is a Grimm, why not assume he's another Wesen because they can see eachother when they lose control, I mean from all of the reactions out there it would be more likely that they would assume it was another Wesen with better control as Grimms are supposed to be so rare (in the sense that hardly anyone has seen or known one).

GeekWorld

[11]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 1

We've been really curious about the extent of a Grimm's powers too. When we were at San Diego Comic-Con this year we got to talk to David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf and we specifically asked them that exact question. If you have the time this week to tune in we played the interview on our radio show (at 12pm PST on Thursday and Friday on Indie100 and throughout the week on The Point) to hear their answer and catch the other Grimm interview segments we played. If you don't have the time to listen it's OK, we'll try to post the videos of the interviews as soon as we can (we're pretty busy and have a lot of interview vids to post so it might be a while), and we'll post a link to the video here when it's up. I can tell you this, they've given a lot of thought to the extent of the powers a Grimm has. Sorry we can't give more details right now. By the way our radio show is 3 hours long and we play the Grimm interviews during the second hour (that's 1pm PST).

tv_worm

[12]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 12

@GeekWorld: Instead of advertising your radio show can you please spell out the answer here? Seeing as I am not from the United States, that is a lot of trouble trying to catch your radio show to get an answer. Frown

I am also really curious about how the wessen come to know about the Grimm. He has probably seen many of the same creatures now and pretends he didnt see their emotion outburst, but they still sometimes figure out he is grimm and sometimes not. There must be some clue and I hope the writers spell this out better. Does this mean that if Nick does not make any reactions whatsoever, the wessen will never know he is a grimm? Which brings me to the question - at what point did the captain figure this out? Did Nick give away some Grimm qualities in an outburst in front of the captain or did the Shade mother-daughter duo tell him?

droid327

[13]Aug 29, 2012
    • level: 4

I never got the impression that Grimms had any "powers", any moreso than wessen have "powers" - Hexenbiesten aside - beyond animalistic strength and speed.

I think that, at a basic level, Grimms are able to counterdict whatever supernatural enhancements the wessen get from their dual nature, the way his blood cancelled the supernatural half of a hexenbiest...when a wessen goes to attack a Grimm, their strength suddenly fails them, they cant strike as fast, and that leaves them fighting awkwardly, which gives Nick the advantage, or at least an even playing field, except most Grimms trained for close combat. Maybe he also has a little bit of "spidey sense" that helps him tell where the blows are going to come from, but thats about all that we've seen.

Also, I'm pretty sure whenever a wessen is revealed to Nick, they see him "revealed" as a Grimm too. It might not be a visual sensation, maybe just a sudden sense of fear and panic, like a prey instinct, which is why we cant see it on TV. He doesnt always give a visual reaction to seeing them revealed, even less so in recent episodes, but they all - especially the coyotl girl - seem to instantly understand his nature, as much as he instantly understands theirs.

tv_worm

[14]Aug 29, 2012
    It makes sense that they should have a prey instinct to tell them of the presence of the Grimm but then shouldn't that be universal? The coyotyl girl did notice, her father did not. He wasn't directly looking at Nick and hence my assumption is there is some kind of visual clue but if it is just an instinct and clearly Nick was surprised at seeing a new creature here, the father should have also been clued in. The same thing happens in that bird and jackal episode, where Nick sees that jackal-creature transform but with his head pointed the other way, he doesn't recognize Nick as the Grimm. I can also mention Rosalee here who had to wait for Nick to say something before she noticed. Admittendly, all of those who didn't notice were pre-occupied or mentally unstable at the time and that could be an explanation. Its just something I wish the show clarifies much better, like they clarified the entire - why are wessen scared of grimm bit!

chaos_789

[15]Aug 29, 2012
    I think they did clarify why they are afraid of Grimm`s, even the coyotyl girl said that she thought he was going to kill her because that`s what grimms do. Grimms got a reputation of going after them, even Nicks mom, she was going to kill munroe just because he was a wessen, no questions asked. and in season 1 Munroe said to nick that he`s not like the grimms he`s heard of. So it sounds pretty clear to me why they are afraid of Grimms.

tv_worm

[16]Sep 3, 2012
    My question was answered in the latest episode S02E04 - Quill. It explains how the Wessen recognize the Grimm.

ionee24

[17]Oct 26, 2012
    • level: 32

chaos_789 wrote:
    I think they did clarify why they are afraid of Grimm`s, even the coyotyl girl said that she thought he was going to kill her because that`s what grimms do.

I agree its their reputation more than anything else. Unless they are hired to kill him, I haven't seen a wesen whose first reaction isn't to run as far away from Nick as possible.

protonefrid

[18]Oct 27, 2012
    • level: 8

tv_worm wrote:
    My question was answered in the latest episode S02E04 - Quill. It explains how the Wessen recognize the Grimm.

How? i don`t remember seeing or hearing it

ionee24

[19]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 32
    protonefrid wrote:

tv_worm wrote:

How? i don`t remember seeing or hearing it

I don't think that has been explained either, at least not this season.

Katerine_M

[20]Mar 29, 2013
    • level: 8
    tv_worm wrote:

I agree with others here; the closest they came to answering this question was when Hank asked the question, and Nick said (paraphrased from memory): "I don't know. I THINK they can sense it when I see them, but I don't know for sure."

That's not answering the question. That's acknowledging the question exists. Which is good; it's good that they're acknowledging the question; it gives me hope that they will answer it at some future date.

My own theory: every time Nick sees a Wesen woge, it triggers a killing instinct that's an inborn part of being a Grimm. An instinct that he isn't consciously aware of. The Wesen, being animalistic, sense the danger and put two and two together and conclude he's a Grimm.

I really hope that's the case, because it explains so much of Nick's recent behavior, and it makes for really interesting character development if Nick is, subconsciously, battling instincts that are just as inhuman as the Wesen's.

Another possibility (or possibly a concurrent possibility) is that Grimms have their own version of Woge, and just like Grimms can see Wesen when they Woge, Wesen can see Grimms.