Grimm Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Official Discussion Thread: Bad Moon Rising (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 8/27/12 episode "Bad Moon Rising" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blackmage8472

[2]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 15

3 shows into the new season, I really have only 1 comment: The new opener sure does suck.

protonefrid

[3]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 8

lol, yeah.... I wish they would change it back again to the old opening.

On the other hand, Hank knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's all bright and sunny between the partners again. I can't say this is my favorite episode (coyotl traditions didn't sit well with me) but it was decent and our favorite Lucifer did an awesome job as the father, especially at the precinct when he told Hank that his daughter was missing. Also the turn of events with Nick's girlfriend seem pretty interesting.

tv_worm

[4]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 12

I didn't mind this episode and especially enjoyed Jacob from "Lost" playing one of the main roles. My biggest issue was the Juliet side-story. The entire memory has wiped out the most crucial information she has got thing is just so overly done that it is boring. If they intended to make her lose Nick as part of her memory, then why bother giving her all that information in the first place, just have her faint as soon as she got the scratch and when she was in Nick's arms and do away with all that plotline in the season 1 finale. It would have given us more time with the Captain and Nick's mother, both infinitely more interesting storylines.

I do like the dynamic of Hank knowing though. It was definitely a highlight and how they work together will be interesting from now on out. I cant say the new creatures (Cotyl I think) are very interesting however. We already have a fox (Fuchsbau), Wolf (Blutbad) and a Jackal (Shackalen) to the point that I can honestly not really tell the 4 of them apart when first appearing on screen (most definitely between Shackalen and Cotyl). They should try something more interesting - elephant, some poisonous marine animal, scorpion, shark, poisonous frog, etc. Something that we can tell apart - I am also struggling to tell apart the mouses/rats/beavers as well as the lizards/snakes. Lol this might just be me!

jack756

[5]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 14
    Gislef wrote:
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 8/27/12 episode "Bad Moon Rising" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    gislef are u okay.i was started to get worried.normally u always be on top of the discussion thing.i hope u okay now

jack756

[6]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 14

fans really do need to get over the openr adn jsut enjoy the show.im so used to it now.i remember when buffy the vamnpire slayer had their opening some fans hated it.now its a classic.fans need to calm donw.its quit annyoing.its just an openr that dont even last that long.im sure by season 3 theyll have an actually theme song.

but i love this ep.

the only problem i have why do nick say its a family problem.he should respond im a grimm,im some kind of ancient being that kills wessen.im the only one that can see them unless they make them self seen.like how hank saw all them.they made themselves seen to hank.

Dewbak75

[7]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 18

First, the new opening. I think it sucks. It's cheesy. I loved the understated opening format they used to have. Intro quote with creepy music, teaser scene, title card with more creepy music. I'm sure somebody told them if they want to draw more viewers in then the opening needs to let them know what the show is actually about, and maybe they could create an opening that does that, but the one they've got isn't it. If they have to do an exposition opening, I'd rather it be Nick doing the narration. "I used to be an ordinary guy, then all this crazy stuff started happening", something along those lines.

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I thought the Coyotls and thier "traditions" about young women were icky in just the right way. They made us sympathize with both the kidnapped daughter and the father who tried to get away from that stuff. And they did so without making the Coyotl pack look and act like something out of Deliverance. I'm glad Hank knows, mostly so Nick has someone else in his life he doesn't have to lie to, especially now that he's got the stuff with Juliet to deal with. Though it seemed like they were making it a little too easy for Hank to see the Coyotls for what they were. A little word of explanation on that would've been nice. Is Hank just more receptive to it because of what's happened to him? Was it just because of the heightened emotions of the situation? Will he have an easier time seeing Wesen in the future? I'm less concerned about WHAT the answer is, as long as the writers have AN answer to the question. It's make-believe, but it still has to be consistent, so pick your rules and stick to 'em.

The stuff with Juliet is just heart-breaking, Bitsie and David played their scenes together very well. When they first mentioned that what affected Juliet causes memory loss, I groaned because I was afraid they would use that as a convenient way for her to forget the stuff Nick told her about being a Grimm. The only way it would work is if the memory loss served a bigger purpose to the story. And boy howdy, does it. Adalind has managed to take Juliet away from Nick, by taking Nick away from Juliet's memories. How cruel! I'm glad it wasn't resolved right away, but I hope it doesn't take TOO long. I like Juliet, and I like her & Nick together. I want them to get their happy ending.

I missed Rosalee, but only because I really like her character too(they've done a good job with this show, there really aren't any characters I dislike, though Sgt. Wu is probably the least useful to the story), she was a great addition last year. But she didn't really fit into this week's story, and of course the actress was pregnant during filming, so her screen time will be limited for a while yet. The baby's due in September, so she would'vegotten pregnant towards the end of Season 1 filming. Kudos to the studio for promoting her to regular even though they knew they'd have a pregnancy to work around this year.

game_man1

[8]Sep 1, 2012
    • level: 8

it was explained in season 1 that normal people can see wesen for who they really are if the wesen wants to be seen.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[9]Sep 4, 2012
    • level: 13
    Isn't it convenient that Juliet remembers everything about Monroe except for him revealing his true face?

blackmage8472

[10]Sep 4, 2012
    • level: 15

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Isn't it convenient that Juliet remembers everything about Monroe except for him revealing his true face?

As I recall she passed out before that happened.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[11]Sep 24, 2012
    • level: 13
    blackmage8472 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

As I recall she passed out before that happened.

As I recall, she past out during...and a little after...