Grimm Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Official Discussion Thread: Bad Teeth (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the post-Olympic Monday 8/13/12 episode "Bad Teeth" to this thread.

Note that it's on at 10/9 central.

There also seems to be some conflicts on when the second episode will air. Until NBC makes an official release, or we get very close to the premiere date, whatever the heck it is, hold off on changing the air date for "The Kiss."

Thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cross_mr

[2]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 9
    not a fan of the new intro..it seems a little forced.

Slash_out

[3]Aug 16, 2012
    • level: 5
    Exactly what I was thinking. I don't like the new intro. Not only is it inacurate, it's just a bit ... I don't know... well forced as you said cross_mr.
    It's trying to add some tension, but the monologue just tries too hard and kills it.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[4]Aug 16, 2012
    • level: 13
    Slash_out wrote:
    Exactly what I was thinking. I don't like the new intro. Not only is it inacurate, it's just a bit ... I don't know... well forced as you said cross_mr.
    It's trying to add some tension, but the monologue just tries too hard and kills it.

Agreed!

mepm

[5]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 2
    yea that intro is awful. worst intro change since babylon 5

MatthewRaiche

[6]Aug 18, 2012

Does anybody know which fairy tale this episode's wesen is from?

jack756

[7]Aug 19, 2012
    • level: 14

what are yall talking about i loved the intro.it reminds me of buffy the vampire slayer intro or dark angel season 2 intro.it does sum things up for new viewers who havent seen season 1 yet

its nice to know more about grimms.women mature much faster than males.girls know earlier on that they will be grimms males on the other hand it takes alittle longer for them to know.that sure explains why the mom basically kick nick butt when they first meet.nick not as tough as his mom.

is it me or does anyone else is loving the mom.she brings such more suspense to the show.far as her being total grimm badass.and she may be the only one on the show that can give us more grimm mytholgoy.

the next ep look so cool.where the mom fights aldian mom.they both have good reason to fight.aidalnd mom blames nick for making her daughter mortal.and nick mom blames aidalan mom for trying to kill her son and its her duty as a grimm to kill her.that fight going to be epic.

loving the new season.

jack756

[8]Aug 19, 2012
    MatthewRaiche wrote:

Does anybody know which fairy tale this episode's wesen is from?

the writers said not every wessen we see is gone be from a real fairytale.becasue if every ep was on one they would run out of ideals.

cross_mr

[9]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 9
    :
    what are yall talking about i loved the intro.it reminds me of buffy the vampire slayer intro or dark angel season 2 intro.it does sum things up for new viewers who havent seen season 1 yet

What are you talking about?
    "There once was a man who lived a life so strange it had to be true"

really? That's got to be one of the lamest sentences ever written. It's just awful from one end to the other. Like really old bad twilight zone stuff. And the narrator is even more horrible. It's like they called some staff members cousin to come in and read it because they ran out of budget.

mikelalba

[10]Aug 21, 2012

I didnt like the intro either, but I did like the chapter....

well, as there is not thread for episode 2, I will comment here.... Awsome! I loved the captain relationship with the royalty it is a good reason to keep us wondering if he is or not evil.... He could be trying something agains royalty also...

Well, I am pretty sure that mamma will do something about the cop investigation around the murders... I don t see her letting Nick work as Grimm and avoid the investigation, FBI, at the same time. Of course she could just be on another subject, new plotlines, or whatever, but.... I would find disappointing if the coins just disappear from the show so easily...

And the ending... I suppose I am not the only one guessing Juliette will only remember the man who kissed her? love triangle? could be funny, more than interesting.

Edited on 08/21/2012 7:45am

Dewbak75

[11]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 18

I'm glad I'm not the only one who really doesn't like the new opening. I loved the simpler, creepier version they had last year. All they need is the quote, the opening scene, and the title reveal. The new version just doesn't fit in well with the atmosphere they've created in the show. It reminds me of when they changed the opening credits for White Collar a season or two ago, the newer version just felt so out of place. Thankfully, they got enough complaints that they ended up switching back. So, if you prefer the old version of the Grimm opening, let them know. Occasionally they do listen!

jack756

[12]Aug 22, 2012
    cross_mr wrote:
    :

What are you talking about?
    "There once was a man who lived a life so strange it had to be true"

really? That's got to be one of the lamest sentences ever written. It's just awful from one end to the other. Like really old bad twilight zone stuff. And the narrator is even more horrible. It's like they called some staff members cousin to come in and read it because they ran out of budget.
    i just think fans are making a big deal over nothing.that intro not the show.

jack756

[13]Aug 22, 2012

and why isnt the kiss 2x02official discussion not up yet.i have so much to say about that ep.i just love the mama.i got a bad feeling she gone die though.

Dewbak75

[14]Aug 22, 2012
    • level: 18

jack756 wrote:

and why isnt the kiss 2x02official discussion not up yet.i have so much to say about that ep.i just love the mama.i got a bad feeling she gone die though.

Hopefully it won't happen for a while, but it would not surprise me if at some point during this show's run, Nick's mom sacrifices herself for the sake of her son. I'm really enjoying what Mary brings to the character though, so there's no rush as far as I'm concerned!

jack756

[15]Aug 24, 2012
    Dewbak75 wrote:

jack756 wrote:

Hopefully it won't happen for a while, but it would not surprise me if at some point during this show's run, Nick's mom sacrifices herself for the sake of her son. I'm really enjoying what Mary brings to the character though, so there's no rush as far as I'm concerned!

i agree.me and my sister was just saing how on 2xo2 the kiss when the moma said dont leave the ones you love.we got the feeling she didnt really leave.my sister thinks how she gone die.something gone happen.so gone go to nick job to tell him and she gone see the captain.who she saw leave from that witch house.and the moma gone try to fight him.and the captain gone end up killing her.

but my sister like season 2 so much more than season 1.

but when she do die.its gone be so sad.shes the only tough female character on the show.i mean rosalle sweet but shes not tough u knw.

but when she die im going to be crying like a big babyi dont know why im so much into the mama.but like u said its how mary is playing the character that i love.

chaos_789

[16]Aug 25, 2012
    • level: 2
    I wonder why the next disscussion page for the kiss is not up yet, but in the kiss, I like how it gave you a glimpse at the captains true form, and I am guessing the royals have more control then the other creatures. (As Nick never saw the captain transform.)

bblog

[17]Sep 1, 2012
    • level: 3

Am I the only one who thought it was a little odd that a ship that was in stormy seas in the North Atlantic was somehow in the Port of Portland only 10 days later? That would be an impossibility shipping companies would love to figure out. Also, it would be unlikely that a container ship would make that route. It'd be more likely that the container would either be shipped to the east coast of the US, unloaded and transported to Portland by train, or, shipped directly to Portland through the Panama Canal, which would take the ship much more than 10 days to get from the North Atlantic to Portland. I hate it when show writers don't do basic homework.