Grimm Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Official Discussion Thread: Island of Dreams (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 102
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 3/30/12 episode "Island of Dreams" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kitanishi

[2]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 9
    - Love the (beginning of) relationship between Monroe and Rosalee. They are like two eccentric strangers, trying to be foreign from their usual habits of their species and beign all awkward and geeky. Awesome chemistry right there.

- Juliette becomes more and more interesting with every episode. There's clearly some secret behind her - first we had the look she gave monroe, now we have her perfect marksman skills that left Nick's jaw on the floor. There's more to her than meets the eye...

- Adalind is one hell of awesome and weird-ass character. Loved her bipolar-insecure interactions with both shopkeeper and renard.

cross_mr

[3]Mar 31, 2012
    the whole cop thing doesn't make sense..
    if he isn't exactly human.. shouldn't Nick have seen that by now?
    they've interacted plenty in many situations..

DeGeorgetown

[4]Mar 31, 2012

Really great episode. The ending was really weird and awkward though with Sgt. Wu eating his couch cushion... was it supposed to be funny or is that what he normally eats? Does that mean he's a creature, became a creature because of the cookies, or just weird?

It was definitely interesting to see Juliette's amazing shooting skills. I suppose she could just be a natural or maybe she has heightened senses or something. I hope they turn this into an interesting side story.

It's interesting how the Captain is always able to keep his cool and keep from showing Nick his true face, I wonder if he's a very old creature or if it's just from his police training.

yeeisme

[5]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 11

It looks like fromThree Coins in a FuchsbauandLast Grimm Standingthat the Captain comes from some old world Royalty in which these creatures revere. I'm sure like the Grimm family, Renard comes from a lineage that has similar abilities, but instead of hunting them, they rule over them and control their movements through the human world.

As for Juliet... I can't wait to see what surprises we have in store with her

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[6]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 13
    DeGeorgetown wrote:

Really great episode. The ending was really weird and awkward though with Sgt. Wu eating his couch cushion... was it supposed to be funny or is that what he normally eats? Does that mean he's a creature, became a creature because of the cookies, or just weird?

It was definitely interesting to see Juliette's amazing shooting skills. I suppose she could just be a natural or maybe she has heightened senses or something. I hope they turn this into an interesting side story.

It's interesting how the Captain is always able to keep his cool and keep from showing Nick his true face, I wonder if he's a very old creature or if it's just from his police training.

Like the Captain, I am wondering if Juliette comes from an old family line that either helps out or becomes the mates of Grimms...

DeGeorgetown

[7]Apr 7, 2012

Oh that's very interesting, I like that idea!

Dewbak75

[8]May 25, 2012
    • level: 18

cross_mr wrote:
    the whole cop thing doesn't make sense.. if he isn't exactly human.. shouldn't Nick have seen that by now? they've interacted plenty in many situations..

Pretty sure it was the first episode when his aunt said something about how he can see them when they "lose control" and can't stay hidden. Which would suggest the Captain is simply much better at keeping his emotions under control. After all, he didn't see Rosalee "fox out" until she was looking at where her brother died. At that moment, her emotional turmoil would've hit a peak.