Grimm Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Leave It to Beavers (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 4/27/12 episode "Leave It to Beavers" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

disimny2003

[2]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 5
    AMAZING!!! I loved it. The plots moving along nicely. It's great to see Nick beingproactive with his Grimmness.

Gislef

[3]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 101
    Get Nevin Densham as a story editor or show runner for next year. He hasn't done anything in TV before (other then watch a lot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, apparently ), but he clearly has the right idea of what to do with Grimm when he wrote this episode.

- keep Monroe funny (he's been neutered or spayed or whatever since Rosalee showed up)

- let Nick kill something (kinda indirectly, but still...) and basically kick some ass. "Send your best next time." *heh*

- let Nick decapitate someone

- let Eddie decapitate someone

- make Juliette likable (even if they had to forget that she refused Nick's engagement ring)

- spare us Hank's love life

- throw in some mid-air somersault acrobatic fight sequences

- Make Danny Bruno a regular character (maybe as a handyman at the police station), dump Wu. He's had his "eat everything in sight" subplot, he's back to Mr. Exposition, we can get by without him. I don't mind him, but I'd rather have Bud.
    Edited on 04/28/2012 6:57am

corenn

[4]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 1
    Two words
    Baddass Nick

Yep, it was all about this episode.

DeGeorgetown

[5]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 9

Wow this is a great episode. Those beaver people were adorable, they're like Nick's fan club now. I love that Nick is becoming friends with more and more of the creature people. I think the more support he has from that part of the community the longer he'll survive as a grimm.

That fight scene was pretty good, I wonder if Nick does have some powers after all. Fighting off two guys with scythes can't be so easy for a normal human lol.

Has it explained why all the creature people seem to recognize him as a grimm? Does he have a hidden face that we don't get to see or is it just because he looks too long at them?

It's nice that Juliette invited Monroe to dinner... but couldn't they have just told her he was CI so they couldn't talk much about work/how they met? Nick and Monroe were so awkward during that dinner... if I were Juliette I might have started to suspect they were secret lovers or something.

Bytor65

[6]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 6

The question I have for this episode, is how did Nick know where to send the package?

neosildrake

[7]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 2

Bytor65 wrote:

The question I have for this episode, is how did Nick know where to send the package?

I don't think Nick knew, but Monroe or someone of his friends might and then... maybe one of the Reapers had a wallet with an address or something like a business card.

Edited on 04/29/2012 4:00am

neosildrake

[8]Apr 29, 2012

DeGeorgetown wrote:

Has it explained why all the creature people seem to recognize him as a grimm? Does he have a hidden face that we don't get to see or is it just because he looks too long at them?

Maybe he realy has some "other-face". Maybe he looks like a GrimReaper, all skeletal and bony, like the proverbial Death. That would give scythe wielding Reapers that hunt Grimms so much more of an insider message.^^

Oh yes, that episode was great, a total win. It has all the important things, fighting action, seriousness and humor.

Finaly some bada**ing from Nick. Come on, I started to ask myself how he could have survive that long without at least a little bit of special ability other than have Monroe bail him out of trouble. With all the final conflict that it seems to stear towards, it's only natural that stuff gets more dangerous and more into fighting action. About time he shows a bit about why Grimms are feared so much.

The whole Eddie-Nick-Juliette thing was adorable.^^ Yeah, during that awkward dinner it would probably have been easy for Juliette to "think" something into the Nick-Eddie relationship. Quote Nick: "Monroe, name one aspect about our relationship that we wouldn't have to lie about." Oh certain people can and will read so much into this. Not that I mind. It's fun.^^

Edited on 04/29/2012 4:11am
    Edited 3 total times.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[9]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 13
    DeGeorgetown wrote:

Wow this is a great episode. Those beaver people were adorable, they're like Nick's fan club now. I love that Nick is becoming friends with more and more of the creature people. I think the more support he has from that part of the community the longer he'll survive as a grimm.

That fight scene was pretty good, I wonder if Nick does have some powers after all. Fighting off two guys with scythes can't be so easy for a normal human lol.

It's nice that Juliette invited Monroe to dinner... but couldn't they have just told her he was CI so they couldn't talk much about work/how they met? Nick and Monroe were so awkward during that dinner... if I were Juliette I might have started to suspect they were secret lovers or something.

You bring up some interesting points!

Nick is becoming a different type of Grimm. A Grimm that will be respected not from fear but for his compassion and honor. However, those two Reapers should have killed Nick. They were two highly trained Reapers and since has no training as a Grimm and has not demonstrated that he is good fighter, he should have had his head cut off. Also, I too would think that Nick must have a Grimm face that every recognized. I would love to see it as well if it exists...Finally, there is something up with Juliette. Her truth should come out in the season Finale...Perhaps her family goes way back with this whole Grimm and Royal family line also or maybe she comes from a different family line that has a vendetta.

watcher1006

[10]May 1, 2012
    • level: 10

Gislef wrote:
    Get Nevin Densham as a story editor or show runner for next year. He hasn't done anything in TV before (other then watch a lot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, apparently ), but he clearly has the right idea of what to do with Grimm when he wrote this episode.
    The business of shipping the heads did remind me of an episode or two of Angel!

Gislef wrote:
    - keep Monroe funny (he's been neutered or spayed or whatever since Rosalee showed up

I don't know where the business of Monroe and his new girlfriend is going to go, but I've found Monroe consistently interesting throughout this first season, and the character's a big part of why I've stayed with the show.

Gislef wrote:
    - make Juliette likable (even if they had to forget that she refused Nick's engagement ring)
    Well I for one find Juliette likeable, I can't tell whether she has a hidden family history or her own personal agenda, but I feel compassion for what she's had to put up with staying with Nick. She turned down his proposal, for now, but I actually don't blame her for having reservations.

DeGeorgetown wrote:
    Yes, I would like to see how these fairy tale creatures see Nick. It must be different from how ordinary humans see him.

welnoc

[11]May 2, 2012
    • level: 9

Since most of those creatures are based in the animal kingdom it could be as simple as a Grimm giving off a particular pheromone that they instinctually recognize. I'd really rather they not use the device of him looking different to the fairytale folk.

I actually find them switching from their human face to their "Other" face rather annoying. If people actually went around shaking their heads, grimacing and shrugging all the time, I think it would get noticed. If Nick is supposed to be able to sense and see their "otherness" why show them acting as if they're deliberately changing their features when most of them would want to hide from him?

I don't like Juliette either. Why do they always have to drag in relationship stuff to get in the way? If I wanted that I'd watch soap operas.

neosildrake

[12]May 2, 2012

welnoc wrote:

Since most of those creatures are based in the animal kingdom it could be as simple as a Grimm giving off a particular pheromone that they instinctually recognize. I'd really rather they not use the device of him looking different to the fairytale folk.

I actually find them switching from their human face to their "Other" face rather annoying. If people actually went around shaking their heads, grimacing and shrugging all the time, I think it would get noticed. If Nick is supposed to be able to sense and see their "otherness" why show them acting as if they're deliberately changing their features when most of them would want to hide from him?

I don't like Juliette either. Why do they always have to drag in relationship stuff to get in the way? If I wanted that I'd watch soap operas.

The thing is they don't know that he's a Grimm immediately at first sight and that's not only because most have never seen one. It seems that like the Wesen, the Grimm can more or less control his "Grimm-ness". When you watch f.e. "Island of Dreams", you see Rosalee recognizing Nick as a Grimm only after she showed her real face in her brothers shop, while she was completely unfazed at the police station. That means Nick does not show his Grimm side constantly. I asume that because of his inexperience, he looses part of his subconscious control when he is surprised by the sight of another Wesens true face. Whatever it is, I would like to know.

The shaking of heads to show the "Other" face seems to be a form of invitation or good manners towards other Wesen. Kind of "Hello, who/how are you?" or "Show me yours, I'll show you mine." There are enough instances where Nick sees their true faces without them shaking their heads or making a special gesture. The Beavers also do not shake their heads. They often loose control over their form out of fear and/or apprehension.

About relationship stuff... well that alsways seems to be part of the deal. In a show such as this, it is used to show the main characters wish and battle for normality in at least one part of his life, as all others seem to go down the Grimm lane. At least it's tuned down to moderate level, so it is fine with me.

Dewbak75

[13]May 25, 2012
    • level: 18

Now that season 1 is finished, I gotta say this was EASILY one of my favorites of the season. I wasn't sure what to make of the Eisbibers when the made their first appearance in the series, but I really like the way Nick's relationship with them has evolved, and the implications it has for the Grimm world in general. The three Eisbibers are a hoot together, they kinda give off a vibe a little like the Lone Gunmen were on the X-Files. I sincerely hope this isn't the last we've seen of them. It would be great if Nick were to develop a network of Wesen willing to help him out. And if there is a war coming, as they've hinted, he's going to need all the allies he can get.