Grimm Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Plumed Servant (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 3/9/12 episode "Plumed Servant" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jemadari

[2]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 12

"You know who we are, you know what we do", not entirely sure why but I absolutely loved that line and she was a really fun character, glad they left it open for her to make future appearances

I didn't expect a whole lot from this show but for some reason it works and I could see it doing well if it remained in it's present day and timeslot

moneill09

[3]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 2

Is it just me or is Juliette a little fishy? I keep getting the feeling she is not human...... or I could be just paranoid.

aktarian

[4]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 5

moneill09 wrote:

Is it just me or is Juliette a little fishy? I keep getting the feeling she is not human...... or I could be just paranoid.

Doubt it she is a creature. Either Nick or his aunt would see her true face by now. Unless she is same type as captain and her purpose is to keep an eye on Nick, though I'm not sure what he actually is.

But yes, she did look suspicious.

DeGeorgetown

[5]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 9

It's been awhile since I seriously wanted Nick to shoot someone, I hated that Dragon Lady. She was so annoying. I still liked this episode though. What was with all the copper collecting though? Did they need it to create sparks to create their fire or something?

Also... Yeah I've been wondering about Juliette the last few episodes too. She does seem suspicious... though it doesn't seem likely she could hide her true face from Nick and his aunt for so long. It was good to see her not act like a traditional kidnapped princessthough.

welnoc

[6]Mar 12, 2012
    • level: 9

DeGeorgetown wrote:

It's been awhile since I seriously wanted Nick to shoot someone, I hated that Dragon Lady. She was so annoying. I still liked this episode though. What was with all the copper collecting though? Did they need it to create sparks to create their fire or something?

Dragons hoard treasure and since gold would be very hard to come by these days, maybe copper is the next best thing? They supposedly like nice, shiny things.

I do not like Juliette and was really hoping that Nick would dump her.

RochellNielso

[7]Mar 12, 2012
    • level: 1

My sister thinks that Juliet might end up being a Grimm as well.

tiggyd

[8]Mar 13, 2012
    • level: 2
    I was somewhat disappointed that the Three Coins story just vanished, I mean, the captain acted as if nothing happened in ep 13!
    So far I enjoy the show because there is nothing else on.. they should have made a show based on the amazing stories Nick keeps reading from his aunty's books! Why are any of the monsters even afraid of him?? He's just some random cop with NO special ability other than being able to see who is or isn't human. I don't get it..

aktarian

[9]Mar 13, 2012
    • level: 5

tiggyd wrote:
    I was somewhat disappointed that the Three Coins story just vanished, I mean, the captain acted as if nothing happened in ep 13! So far I enjoy the show because there is nothing else on.. they should have made a show based on the amazing stories Nick keeps reading from his aunty's books! Why are any of the monsters even afraid of him?? He's just some random cop with NO special ability other than being able to see who is or isn't human. I don't get it..

I think they are reacting that way because he is a Grimm and his kind can see them and knows how to hurt them. Basically they are reacting to old myths and legends about grimms, expecting Nick to be some scary guy determined to hunt and kill them. But not all creatures are afraid of him, it's mostly creatures that have characteristics of animals not known to be fierce.

Monroe had no troubles jumping on him in ep1. It was a joke but he wasn't afraid of him, nor was his ex girlfriend later. Siegbarst came to his house, Lowe had no troubles confronting him and forcing him to fight, Steinadler knew Nick for what he was and offered to work with him. All these animals are fierce creatures anyway and this carries to relevant creatures as well.

Creatures that are afraid of him are ones that are not "fighters". Eisbiberwas terrified and beavers are not known as particulary fierce animals. Fuchsbaufreaked out because he was selling organs, a shady activity and one that could get him in troubles with humans. And foxes are supposed to be cunning, not fierce.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[10]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 13
    moneill09 wrote:

No you are probably going down the right track. I think she may belong to an old familiy lineage that marries Grimms. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out down the line that they didn't meet by chance and that their coming together was prearranged.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[11]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 13
    RochellNielso wrote:

My sister thinks that Juliet might end up being a Grimm as well.

That is an interesting possibility...