Grimm Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Quill (possible spoilers)

Felsig

[1]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 11

Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 9/3/12 episode "Quill" to this thread.

(while I twiddle my thumbs waiting for staff to fix my primary account and those of hundreds of others who can't access the site)

Enjoy!
    Edited on 09/02/2012 6:48pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Felsig

[2]Sep 3, 2012
    • level: 11
    Yay! They got rid of the cheesy opening narration.

cross_mr

[3]Sep 4, 2012
    • level: 9
    Thank God. that was horrible.
    From the facebook page it looks like other people were complaining about it there too.

blackmage8472

[4]Sep 4, 2012
    • level: 15

The episode felt simultaneously slow and rushed. On the bright side, at least they got rid of that stupid openingmonologue.

Dewbak75

[5]Sep 4, 2012
    • level: 18

I can only assume that the opening monologue was just used for the first few episodes to help introduce the show's concepts to people who didn't watch last year and are just now getting into the show. I don't think they would have reacted this quickly to negative comments about it.

droid327

[6]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 4

I dunno, I kinda like to think they did respond to the unanimously negative reception for the opening But then again, these shows to tend to have alternate/truncated opens for episodes where they need the extra time.

Still, I dont see what was wrong with the original one-frame open. No need to waste 20 seconds with a montage. People will get it quick enough, its not that complicated, its not Lost.

They especially, apparently, love to show Monroe going all bad-ass Blutbad, even though thats pretty much the opposite of what his character is all about...

I'm glad Hank's finally on board. I'm sure it'll play a big part whenever Nick finds out about Renard (I really thought his mom was going to connect that dot for him when she saw Renard leaving Adaline's mother's house). It seems like, between his mother and Monroeand now Hank, Nick is stockpiling a lot of aces in the hole for himself that Renard doesnt know about

Cranky_Old_Batt

[7]Sep 7, 2012
    • level: 6

The ep felt off. The pacing was awkward as were several scenes. It was like the actors were uncomfortable in ways that had nothing to do with their characters or the dialog. Rosalee was brilliant, however.

The Juliette character is a lost cause. Last week the scenario was still interesting. This week it was the least interesting thing about ep. It added nothing to the case of the week and just has me wishing she would go away.

Glad the seriously horrible narration was gone but the montage opening still sucks.

jack756

[8]Sep 9, 2012
    • level: 14
    Cranky_Old_Batt wrote:

The ep felt off. The pacing was awkward as were several scenes. It was like the actors were uncomfortable in ways that had nothing to do with their characters or the dialog. Rosalee was brilliant, however.

The Juliette character is a lost cause. Last week the scenario was still interesting. This week it was the least interesting thing about ep. It added nothing to the case of the week and just has me wishing she would go away.

Glad the seriously horrible narration was gone but the montage opening still sucks.

i agree about teh rosalle part.she was teh best in this ep.

it was so funny hear her yell b/c she like a williow so its kind of hard to see her mad u knw.

love her.shes so sweet.

Slash_out

[9]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 5
    Hank felt a bit awkward. I don't know, it felt weird and not in a good way to see him talking about "that" with Nick. Maybe it was the dialogues I don't know.

Still, I didn't notice the intro monologue was gone. I always noticed how bad it was, but when it went away things went back to normal. I so didn't miss that intro that I didn't even notice it wasn't there anymore :p.

mepm

[10]Sep 16, 2012
    • level: 2
    who is doin the cover of gods gonna cut you down at the end?

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[11]Sep 24, 2012
    • level: 13
    I am waiting to see how they are going to play upon Renard's saving of Juliette and if there will be some type of connection between them in the future. I don't think they have had them in the same room together since he saved her....Also curious about what her recognition of Renard (if at all) there would be.

blackmage8472

[12]Sep 27, 2012
    • level: 15

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    I am waiting to see how they are going to play upon Renard's saving of Juliette and if there will be some type of connection between them in the future. I don't think they have had them in the same room together since he saved her....Also curious about what her recognition of Renard (if at all) there would be.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering if there would be a Renard/Juliette connection in the future. I saw some synopses of future episodes stating Renard will get some undesired attention in the future. Originally I thought it could be Juliette, but with the news of the return and promotion to a series regular of Claire Coffee aka Adelaine Shade... well let's just say it wouldn't surprise me to see some weird Adelaine, Nick, Renard, Juliette relationships in the future.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[13]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 13
    blackmage8472 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Yeah, I was kinda wondering if there would be a Renard/Juliette connection in the future. I saw some synopses of future episodes stating Renard will get some undesired attention in the future. Originally I thought it could be Juliette, but with the news of the return and promotion to a series regular of Claire Coffee aka Adelaine Shade... well let's just say it wouldn't surprise me to see some weird Adelaine, Nick, Renard, Juliette relationships in the future.

To me, it would make no sense for there not to be some sort of connection between Juliette and Renard. He went thru hell to save her drinking that potion. I was thinking come season end that maybe Juliette would fall in love with Renard...mostly thru recognition and circumstance. But now we find out that Renard is not that much human....hmmmmm....how will that factor into everything?