Grimm Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Please get rid of the Juliette character

esky1

[1]Jun 8, 2012
    • level: 1

She is boring and sometimes annoying, and Nick and her together are so boring, jeez. I liked Nick better with the crazy fire dancer. I don't know if it's just the way the character is written that whenever she pops up on screen I'm just really bored to tears, to the point that I may rejoice if the character gets killed, it's that bad. Maybe something with the actress as well? The character is totally non-essential. If they want to have a regular female character on the show then they should make her interesting, and they should get an actress who looks younger than Nick. And the heavy eyeliner and make up is really bothering me, I hope the make-up people on the show go easy on it next season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Linc-o

[2]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 13
    Hey, get some ice and put it in the top of your head. Maybe we should get rid of you, since you seem to be so screwed up, complaining so bad about a character that barely shows up every now and then. I'm beginning to think tv.com should enforce a psychological test to every new member who wants to register an account on this site.

jack756

[3]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 14

when you go to most fan boards on grimm juliette is the character everyone hates at first i dindt know why b/c to me she seems okay until the finale.

spoiler ahead if you havent seen the finale................

i mean on ep 1x21 big feet she was telling nick how she believes m0onsters are real and are out there b/c of the evidence she found then the next ep when nick tells her shes right and his a grimm she hates if his the one who needs help.thats moment right there is when i said f her.someone needs to kill that character.

the fact you cant believe someone you love when you done had suspious of stuff and then they when the love one confirm your suspiocus and you throw it back in their face thats so messed up.

so i dont like juliette shes not boring but shes quit annoying.thank the writers for raosalle b/c she 10 times better than juliette and rosalle aint even been on the show that long.

sorry bout speliing always in a rush

MorganJanes

[4]Jul 24, 2012
    I agree she needed to change but as has been pointed out, it looks like she has, through the events of the woman in black episode. I just hope the writers don't pull something where she gets cured, has amnesia where she can't remember what happened and everything is back the way it was. I hope the writers are above that but given what we've seen so far it could go that way,

keirawelling

[5]Aug 12, 2012

I'd be very happy to see Juliette go. There is ZERO chemistry between the two of them, and her one wonky bug eye drives me nuts. I'd like to see Nick in a forbidden romance with one of his prey (torn between his duty and his desire). Sounds like a bad romance novel but one I'd love to see.

blackmage8472

[6]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 15

Just watched season 1. I think getting rid of Juliet would be a huge mistake, she's the one real tie that keeps Nickin the human world. Yes you could always try to say the same about Hank and Wu but the simple fact is being a cop and a Grimm is a fairly blurry line for Nick. Being a cop to Nick is more about a code of ethics rather than a connection to humanity. Yeah she's not a great character and will constantly be used as the damsel in distress. So it seems the issue is more about the use of the character rather than her actualexistence.

keirawelling wrote:
    I'd like to see Nick in a forbidden romance with one of his prey (torn between his duty and his desire). Sounds like a bad romance novel but one I'd love to see.

I think it would be a bad idea to have a forbidden romance angle. Nick has some pretty clear lines when dealing with the Wesen: arrest the bad ones, kill when necessary, and protect/ally with the good ones. Any kind of real forbidden romance would require the opposite character to be evil in some way and that would be out of character for Nick.

Cranky_Old_Batt

[7]Aug 19, 2012
    • level: 6

Also not a Juliette fan. There have been a few moments when the character was pivotal to the story, but the whole lovie dovie thing just grates on me. And there is something about the actress's delivery that just feels 'off' to me. I would not be at all sad to see her go, either. It would be nice to see Nick and Hank as 2 dudes on a bit more of a procedural mission than being so lead around by their you-know-whats.

BuffaloATP

[8]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 3

I'm getting really tired of networks coming out with a great show and people try to change it. Thankfully those people aren't in charge or it would just end up a mish mash of a program that would soon be cancelled. You're entitled to your opinions, but that's all they are.....opinions. Leave the writing,producing,directing and acting to those who do it for a living!

tv_worm

[9]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 12
    I am new to this forum so no one will recognize me here. I agree with the dislike of Juliet but I am speaking more after seeing what happened in SO2E03. I really didn't mind the character, especially when she had to deal with the plumber and all the spying in the first season but then she got told everything slipped into the coma and everything changed. SPOILER I am especially disappointed with her forgetting about wessen and everything because it was pointless to the entire storyline and has been done way too many times before END SPOILER. I wont mind her around, just find something for her to do without taking the same route that every fantasy/science fiction/thriller show has taken!

bblog

[10]Sep 1, 2012

I think you are all nuts. She's a good character that helps keep the reality in check for Nick. She's also not been all that well developed in the first season and I think there's a lot of room for her to grow in the second season. I wouldn't say she's my favourite character, but I certainly don't hate her. She needs to be better developed. If that doesn't happen, then I think they should phase her out, but I hope they do better with her.

@jack756, you're wrong. When she said she believed monsters existed, she wasn't refering to the kind of monsters Nick sees. She was referring to the kind of monsters we have in our real world. Such as serial killers, mass murderers, and drug kingpins. These are the kind of monsters that are real in our world. The kind Juliette understands. So, when she was shocked about Nick's confession, that was understandable.

BuffaloATP

[11]Sep 4, 2012
    I agree! Besides, she's playing the character the way the director tells her to.

BuffaloATP

[12]Sep 6, 2012
    Just what we need...an overbearing nazi type in charge of who can post a comment. So much for freedom of choice.

jack756

[13]Sep 10, 2012
    bblog wrote:

I think you are all nuts. She's a good character that helps keep the reality in check for Nick. She's also not been all that well developed in the first season and I think there's a lot of room for her to grow in the second season. I wouldn't say she's my favourite character, but I certainly don't hate her. She needs to be better developed. If that doesn't happen, then I think they should phase her out, but I hope they do better with her.

@jack756, you're wrong. When she said she believed monsters existed, she wasn't refering to the kind of monsters Nick sees. She was referring to the kind of monsters we have in our real world. Such as serial killers, mass murderers, and drug kingpins. These are the kind of monsters that are real in our world. The kind Juliette understands. So, when she was shocked about Nick's confession, that was understandable.

i dont think im worng b/c if u watch that ep.she said she found dna that wasnt human.and thats when she told nick she beleive in monsters.

so what killers u knw that dont have human dna besides monsters.or wessens dat is.

juliet was been a tart.she confess to nick she beleives then when he tells her shes right she thinks his crazy.i mean hank took it alot better than juliet.

juliet sucks.im not gone like her unless she gets a brain

ZeroCals

[16]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 6

jack756 wrote:
    bblog wrote:

i dont think im worng b/c if u watch that ep.she said she found dna that wasnt human.and thats when she told nick she beleive in monsters. so what killers u knw that dont have human dna besides monsters.or wessens dat is. juliet was been a tart.she confess to nick she beleives then when he tells her shes right she thinks his crazy.i mean hank took it alot better than juliet. juliet sucks.im not gone like her unless she gets a brain

1. As others have stated, this is a matter of writing. Sure. Some people don't like the actress, or her delivery, but what you're complaining about has to do with how the character, and story, is written. The actors and actresses can only perform with what they're given.

2. You mentioned her needing to "get a brain", which I find funny, because your grammar and spelling are terrible.

Edited on 09/11/2012 2:59pm

haroven

[17]Sep 11, 2012

I hate to point it out but the ability to conjugate a verb or spell according to some ancient n outmoded dictionary are not functions of intelligence. If anything an over-dependence on form before function which worries more about how something was expressed than what was said, indicates a mind that is only capable of limited thinking, of a person who is uncomfortable with unfettered self expression.
    Words are just tools to assist human communication. I had no difficulty understanding jack756's post. It was was straightforward unambiguous and to the point. Any criticism by a grammar nazi is likely to come from a concrete thinker unable to form and express an opinion as clearly as jack756 expressed his opinion. Unless a quick ad hom interspersed with an unsupported appeal to unreason passes for rational debate.

I too struggle to understand the purpose of the Juliette character. In 2012 TV audiences are sophisticated enough to comprehend plots far more complex than Grimm without having a lame device that Nick can 'explain' stuff to so that the audience can catch up.

As for the whole 'keep Juliette in the dark less she . . . . ?????? I dunno what actually. What would she do if she found out? Have a conniption? LOL. When I was a kid I found the puerile sub plot of Wilbur having to keep Mr Ed's anthropomorphism a secret from his wife a clumsy technique for building tension and now, 50 years later it creaks so badly it makes an otherwise OK TV show distinctly mediocre.

And it isn't all the scriptwriters fault, altho they bear some of the responsibility for this character's lack of appeal. If the actor playing Juliette had even a smidgeon of acting ability, just enough to make her constantly carping concerns appear believable, we wouldn't be seeing all these pleas to kill her character off from Grimm fans.

jack756

[18]Sep 12, 2012
    ZeroCals wrote:

jack756 wrote:
    bblog wrote:

i dont think im worng b/c if u watch that ep.she said she found dna that wasnt human.and thats when she told nick she beleive in monsters. so what killers u knw that dont have human dna besides monsters.or wessens dat is. juliet was been a tart.she confess to nick she beleives then when he tells her shes right she thinks his crazy.i mean hank took it alot better than juliet. juliet sucks.im not gone like her unless she gets a brain

1. As others have stated, this is a matter of writing. Sure. Some people don't like the actress, or her delivery, but what you're complaining about has to do with how the character, and story, is written. The actors and actresses can only perform with what they're given.

2. You mentioned her needing to "get a brain", which I find funny, because your grammar and spelling are terrible.

1.yes u are right.i dont like the character.whoever said i hated the actress.i think the actress is pretty great.but im juggin her base on a character.her character sucks.

2.and i find this offensive.im sorry i didnt knw we were in college.this isnt a essay.its t.v.com.i dont have the time to seat around and make sure every single word i put on here is spelled right,i dont even do dat of facebook.but it clearly u can understand what i wrote.so maybe u need a brain jus much as juliet.

eric770

[19]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 4

I am a fan of the show and want to continue watching it, but I feel that the way the character is used thus far has only had an opposite type reaction with me. I feel like the entire having herconvenientlyforgetting all about Nick (the confession and all) made me care even less about her character.stringingout this scenario in which she will not remember him and get glimpses of her memory back and make it seem as though she should not trust him only for her to put her trust in someone who willundoubtedly be anadversary to Nick (Renard, or any other) seems to be where they are headed. NBC does notguarantee regular shows with decent followings a 2 to 3 season run so the fact that they did the whole what are youhidingfrom me? then I tell you, only for them to write in a "I don't know you" magic-do-over only makes me feel that this scenario and character can singlehandily kill this shows potential. Other fans can't simply tell those with issues with Juliette to simply stop watching because that would sort of kill the show if that happens. I want to like the show, but she makes it difficult for me to do that.

Blu-Fever

[20]Sep 30, 2012
    I think the Juliet character seems boring because we were brought into the "all ready" established relationship. They were comfortable with each other and the only other problems were the occasional near death experiences when Nick got attacked at home. Also with keeping his Grimm status a secret. But, lately since she lost her memory, I have become more interested in their relationship. I find myself hoping for Nick's happiness etc. I think this line of writing has added some intrigue to the relationship. Just what I think anyway.