Grimm Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Please get rid of the Juliette character

ionee24

[41]Nov 28, 2012
    • level: 32
    SuzanneBeryl wrote:

I don't think we're suppose to get too attached to Juliette's character.

She isn't Kristen Stewart, you know?

Juliette is allowed to break up with Nick and pursue a life of her own with Captain Renard without asking for her head in you tube.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SuzanneBeryl

[42]Nov 28, 2012
    • level: 1

ionee24 wrote:
    SuzanneBeryl wrote:

She isn't Kristen Stewart, you know? Juliette is allowed to break up with Nick and pursue a life of her own with Captain Renard without asking for her head in you tube.

The fan situation with the actress Kirsten Stewart doesn't apply here. I'm not talking about Bitsie Tulloch's personal life. I'm talking about the way a character is being written in a story plot. Juliette, the character, is written as not having free choice because of a magic spell. She's is under an obsession spell just as Hank was. Was Hank given free will or was he victimized by Adelind?

Juliette's dialogue says she wants to resist Renard but she doesn't know how. This is a metaphor for rape while comatose, which follows the events in the dark Grimm version of Sleeping Beauty where the prince rapes Beauty while she's asleep. Although Juliette's eyes are open, she can't remember Nick so she is still under the influence of Adelind's spell. We are still in the Sleeping Beauty story. Beauty is still "asleep". Until Juliette is out of the obsession spell her actions are not her own yet.

When the obsession spell is lifted then Juliette can be said to be "allowed" to have choice, whether its Renard, Nick or to move to Seattle and start a vet practice devoted exclusively to dogs.

Edited on 11/28/2012 5:03pm
    Edited 5 total times.

ionee24

[43]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 32

SuzanneBeryl wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    SuzanneBeryl wrote:

She isn't Kristen Stewart, you know? Juliette is allowed to break up with Nick and pursue a life of her own with Captain Renard without asking for her head in you tube.

The fan situation with the actress Kirsten Stewart doesn't apply here.

This is exactly what's being discussed here: get rid of the Juliette character/Kristin surrrogate because she's not dating Nick/Rob.

How dare she exercise free will? Doesn't she "know" she's "supposed to do" what you want her to do and date whom you tell her to date too? Otherwise there must be something seriously wrong with her acting skills/character.

Edited on 11/29/2012 7:57pm
    Edited 3 total times.

SuzanneBeryl

[45]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 1

esky1 wrote:

I don't know if it's just the way the character is written that whenever she pops up on screen I'm just really bored to tears, to the point that I may rejoice if the character gets killed, it's that bad. Maybe something with the actress as well?.

Sorry I'm missing the Kirsten Stewart thingy.

I'm only responding to the original post. Is Juliette's character boring because that's intentional or not?

I say the writers are capable. Tulloch is capable. The boringness is intentional .

I'm not expressing my preference. I'm interrpreting what I hear writer's telling me on screen in Grimm and in interviews.

As far as I'm concerned Tulloch is a fine actress. The Nick-Juliette domestic situation is fine with me. I could accept them staying together if that's what the writer's had planned. I just don't think that's what they've planned and I'm just a passenger in this bus. Whatever happens, happens.

Edited on 11/29/2012 7:39pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Haven1

[46]Nov 14, 2014
    • level: 3

Wow maybe you're just slow & stupid and lack common sense. Juliette is a cold snobby b*tch, if you can;'t see that then you're either braindead, or biased towards her for being pretty. Either way, you're pathetic.