Grimm

Friday 9:00 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 28, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Grimm Fan Reviews (136)

• Zombie crap

I really loved this show and was really excited for the new season. I saw the zombies and now I once was a Grimm fan. Very disappointed in the show now. Hopefully they get rid of the zombie crap. If not, there are other things to watch on cable.
  • Cancel this show!

The main character is a moron. He kills the bee lady who is trying to help him so he can save the evil lady who tried to kill his Aunt. And then he is too stupid to kill the goat guy and lets him around other women knowing the effect he has on them. Obviously he will escape.

I've given this show so many chances to not suck and yet, it just keeps getting worse.

• I've tried to be loyal but the show is bad

I've really tried to hang in there with Grimm. First seasons can be rough but I love the premise and felt they did a good job overall. But as of Season 2 it's like everything started to fall apart. The Royal subplot if you actually look at it by itself hasn't actually gone anywhere. There was some excitement for a second with Adelinde and her baby but really it's just a looooong drawn out tease that is now literally going in circles with Adelinde tripping on a brownie and chasing herself around the dungeon. Then we have Juliet who is very obviously a character that needs to be cut or reduced altogether. Rosalee is awesome and her family bit was moving but she is pretty much just reduced to relationship dynamics with Monroe. Infact the whole show has basically become about relationships first and Grimm action secondary. I don't have a problem with that but it's inconsistent. Pick a path and stick with it. Finally Wu should have been in on the whole thing AGES AGO. Again like the rest he is just hanging around not being utilized properly.

Fact is this show is trying to be Buffy and not be Buffy at the same time. They need to just suck it up and go with what works with Buffy, Supernatural and other Whedon-inspired shows - GET EVERYONE ON THE SAME PAGE! They need to be a team with secrets out fighting against the Royals and baddie of the week, with personal stories and relationships woven through. Wu is my favorite character and it's sooo frustrating to watch him putter around for 3 seasons when he clearly needs to know about the Vesen world. At this point I don't see the show recovering. It is a lesson though in just how little it takes to satisfy some folks. Personally, this show is a huge waste of potential.
  • Juliette character needs to improve

The writers need to move the Juliette character out of soap opera mode and move her into Grimm-mode. The writers started her off nicely accepting Nick as a Grimm and having her help Nick's mother and the Resistance - but then she has become this simpering idiot without a backbone who goes behind Nick's back to Monroe and Rosalee "suggesting" their relationship would be better if they did not help Nick get his "Grimm-ness" back? Really? She can't speak to Nick about that? Or about the spell that made him lose his powers instead implying he cheated on her? Again - really? She knows what he is and she knows his life if based on him being a Grimm. Rather than try to change him, she should leave him or get with the program. The writers need to make her a character part of the Grimm universe - which is what the story is about. Perhaps that's what they are trying to do now that she knows Nick has special cornea and that it is Nick needs to get his powers back - SOON!!
  • Grimm has lost it's way

Juliette and Trubel have to go. This show was better when Juliette forgot who Nick was and Monroe was funny. Very disappointing
  • Zombie garbage

My husband and I hated this last episode. We felt like we were watching Resident Evil. There was no story Zombies running around growling.
  • One "M" too many!

When I read the synopsis for this show, I was extremely dubious. It sounded contrived and unoriginal. When I did finally start watching it, and have done every week, it quickly became apparent that I was right. This show is boring in every aspect and clearly borrows inspiration from sources like "Constantine" and a million other done-to-death television shows.

The leads are boring, the back story is unappealing and it just hasn't got the ingredients required to last, especially considering some of the far more entertaining shows that have been canned by the networks in the past.

GRIM!
  • I used to love this show. Now we have Trubel. And Nick isn't a Grimm? This turned into Buffy.

This show has turned into a power chick show. I don't mind that, but there are toil many of them all ready. I don't need a second rate version of Buffy here.
  • Zzzzzz

I couldn't get into it. I was bored halfway through the first episode.
  • Not another soap opera please

3.5
    Can we not have another soap opera plotline involving Juliet? I barely endured through the last one. Either get her on board or get rid of her. The girfriend-as-drag is such a tired trope. Which brings me to the other tired cliche--the bad girl/boy with the heart of gold with the sad backstory (usually an abusive childhood, preferably as a foster child) who only our hero understands. Sound familiar? It's as though they had one original idea and then petered out and are now resorting to every TV cliche in the book.
  • Nick needs his powers back

The show is boring now and losing focus give Nick his Grimm powers back
  • Just Awful

I was really looking forward to the first season of Grimm. I thought "finally, something edgy, original and slightly spooky on prime time TV". I was so disappointed! Even the names on this show are silly. No effort was put into being creative here. The whole "face change" stunt is so overused it has become boring. I wanted so much to love Grimm. It promised but didn't deliver.
  • Bored as hell.

I watched lots TV shows of different genre and no prejudice to any one. In the pilot epsiode of Grimm, its interesting opening andbackground drewmeto keep watching it. However, I found it was getting boring and boring, no matter its storyline, characters or plots. If the characters did not have their faces change into original monster looks, it would be just another crime drama.

Maybe I was misled by the title Grimm, I was expecting too much on fairy tale style things. But the show really disappointed me. I strongly recommended this show to be cancelled.

• The Fine print

I agree with those who say Nick needs to get his Grimm back, hopefully Trouble stays.

Adalind, well she ends up very very depleted, but she deserves it, remember she set up her friends murder to get her powers back. Now dear producers, I do not believe that the contract Adalind does not have some fine print ie: You do not hand over the baby you lose your powers or worse, remember the people she is dealing with are totally underhanded. While she does not have the baby and does not know where the baby is, she is not breaking the contact, what happens when she does
  • Nick needs his mojo back

Or the trouble with Trubels. Lets get the show back on . It's losing its focus.
  • grimm episode error (S3 - Ep 22) -->

should be last episode for season 2, not end of season 3...

Episode Guide

S 3 : Ep 22 Goodnight, Sweet Grimm Aired 5/21/13
  • Let's get the Grimm power started already!

Ok I get it,he can see the monsters and kept bugging that poor wolf for answers. I'm ready to see more of what he can do supernaturally. They need to bring more bad ass grimms to the mixed so I'm not bored of what the main characters can't do. Hanging on by a thread and want to like this show more! The main character needs to be more cool and acting less like a chick.

• Too much competition... just not gonna cut it.

5.5

It's really not that bad! Honestly... But... I've been watching 'Supernatural' for years now, am an immidiate 'once upon a time' fan, I'm hooked to all that is syfy and what not... And it's just not slim pickins anymore! There's too much good stuff out there for this fairly good idea to come to a happy ending.

Sorry for that, 'cause a few years back I might've watched it.

I'm just very, very spoiled with my series...

• Hmmmm

Ok so here we go...Grimm. Now this show, from what i've seen which is about half way through the season has a lot of potential but it just seems that it's lacking that certain je ne se quoi. For something like this where there delving into fairytales and having these creatures be alive you'd except a certain sense of darkness to the series, some suspense, edge of your seat stuff. Sadly there hasn't really been any of that except perhaps for the one episode, episode 5 i think? that managed to capture the 'dark side' as it were. And the actual Grimm himself? Wow what a load of hokum! There doesn't seem to be any character there whatsoever; no personality, no real emotions...just blah! Where's the back story? The sense of duty etc? And I mean dude he's meant to be like this badass hunter/slayer that all these creatures are afraid of and yet .................. we don't see any of that. He's just a cop who happens to see these creatures. And it comes a shock to him every time. You would think if your aunt left you a trailer full of stuff that ya know maybe you'd poke around and see what the hell is up! But nope. Only when the case requires it. That naivete is just grating. It also brings up the question of why he's even a Grimm? Why not just have him be a human who can see them or something? All we seem to see him do is read books when its necessary and then go and wave his gun around like a cowboy. Yes he's a cop but really? SORT IT OUT! I'm just hoping that the series gets better, that they at least try and make this good, try and do the stories justice. Cause really I've already given up. This series is just something to watch when there is literally nothing else on.

• READY FOR SOME GRIMM!

I have watched Ep1-7 and at the end of each episode i felt i was wanting more to come from this. I enjoy the little back and forth with the mains and supports but i think that they are letting to much cop drama into the show and not focusing on the "supernatural." I kept on watching in high hopes that i would get to see some of the Grimm come out of nick but alas he just kinda keeps on "seeing" as if that is his only supernatural ability. but to hear the way his aunt was talking about it and to see her in action during Ep 1! Man what a let down.. he gets his ass beat every time you turn around. At this point i think the Blutbaad would make a better grim at least he has a concept of who he is. The main character has no drive to better himself he only reads from the books when he has a problem he can't solve and at this rate i think that i am going to wind up just watching "SUPERNATURAL" reruns because of the hefty let down i feel after the end of every show. I think there is a terrific amount of room for this television show and the back story for it is even better but by the time they actually let Nick realize he has some extra awesomeness in his back pocket. I fear that a significant amount of viewers will just quit watching... anyways My take on it is that it is an awesome show with great room for improvement. I just think that they need to focus more on the main in this story...
  • Standard CW fare...only this time on NBC.

I watched Grimm for the first time tonight and wondered if I was watching the right channel....but nope, I checked and sure enough, I was watching NBC. Could have sworn I was watching the CW channel. Grimm is standard CW fare, and if you're in your teens or early twenties with a taste for Dungeons and Dragons and magic andsparkly vampires and such, Grimm was made for you. NBC must have been desperate to compete with and copythe CW style, because Grimm would be right at home there. The storyline of Grimmis juvenile and nothing special that you haven't seen before.

Adult viewers can probably take a pass on Grimm, safe in the knowlege that they aren't missing much.

• juliets character is getting annoying!

I love the show,however juliets helplessness and wide eyed "deer in the headlights " looks are becoming tiresome!
  • Not good enough

I watched 4 or 5 episodes of this because I like cop dramas and I liked the idea of a bit of fantasy thrown in. However, I got bored quite quickly - it's just like a mediocre cop drama with a bit of CGI. There doesn't seem to be enough emphasis placed on the supernatural part of the show. Also, there didn't seem to be enough back story going on to make me want to watch the next episode.

So, with my limited viewing time I'd rather watch other programs. It's not that it's a bad show, just not good enough
  • Is the Lt. a Grimm?

Is Lt. Hank Griffin (the black gentlemam) a Grimm that neither he or anyone else no about yet?,,,,,,,hhmmmmmmm
  • A tad bit cheesy

I found the idea of Grimm powers interesting but I also found the depiction of it in the episodes to be cheesy, i.e. when the face changes. If the writers didn't have such an amazing character (Monroe), I would've found it a lot more boring as a lot of the acting are cheesy and sometimes overdramatic. This series is a good way to pass time but I wouldn't recommend it to others as one of my "must watch" tv series.
  • Buffy's cousin

So Grimm is from the creator of buffy. I like the show, its easy, funny and entertaining. I wish there was a little more depth to his mothers story and that she was alive to train him a bit better and that was a bit stronger story line throughout the show.
  • Rapunzel Is A Werewolf. Who Knew?

NBC has been going out of its way to try and promote its newest fantasy/mystery/cop drama, Grimm. After seven episodes (all of which I've seen), I think I'm in a pretty decent position to render judgment on this undoubtedly unique show. So what do I think? Well, I'm still on the fence to be honest.

It's usually pretty evident when a show is good or bad at the outset. After watching the pilot, I was hopeful that I would warm up to the characters. The current situation presents a mixed bag of sorts, with many elements both good and bad. Let us carry out a dissection of sorts, shall we?

THE CAST

Call me old fashioned, but if a show has any hope of making it big on primetime TV, the main character needs to be likeable, and he should have a freakin' personality! Nick Burkhardt possesses neither of those qualities. David Giuntoli is wooden and completely unremarkable as the supposedly scary hunter of supernatural forces. If Grimm (the show) is going to brave the tide, we need to connect with the characters, and at the moment, I don't give a rat's ass if Nick Burkhardt gets mauled by a Jagerbar (that's Grimm speak for bear).

On the other end of the spectrum, let's talk about Monroe, the friendliest Blutbad (apparently call Wieder Blutbads because of their abstinence from eating humans, as opposed to normal Blutbads, who eat humans), in Portland, played by the talented Silas Weir Mitchell. The SOLE reason I tune in every week is to see if Monroe would get more screen time. His dialogue is sharp and witty in stark contrast to Nick, who could be speaking Croatian and it wouldn't make a difference.

Russell Hornsby as Hank Griffin (Nick's partner) does a decent enough job. No complaints from my side as far as he's concerned. I actually wouldn't have minded if Hank was the Grimm with Monroe as his sidekick. The show would have been WAY better.

A special mention for Sasha Roiz as Captain Renard. Having seen him in a wide variety of shows, it's good to finally see him cast as a regular character in this one. I know he was in Caprica, but I've never seen it, so there.

THE PREMISE

The idea is actually a unique one. With the fantasy genre having a rebirth of sorts, clubbing The Brothers Grimms' Fairy Tales with the modern day criminal procedural is a brilliant idea. But all brilliant ideas have to be implemented properly, and that's where this show is yet to score.

Bear with me on this. If Grimms are the alleged scourges of the supernatural world, shouldn't you expect them to have special abilities beyond just spotting the ugly mug of a well concealed monster? So Nick is basically a grown up Haley Joel Osment who can spot monsters instead of dead people. Remember the pilot where Nick's aunt had crazy wicked jujitsu moves?? Nick got his ass handed to him by a female Blutbad last week. Not very interesting to watch, folks.

The reason why shows like Supernatural (hell yeah!) have such a die hard fan base (myself included) is because the cast is brilliant, the stories are engaging and the entire package just works. I know we've only seen seven episodes, but I honestly don't see Grimm achieving cult status or even remotely heading in a similar direction. Not unless a few changes are made. The stories are interesting without a doubt, but a connection between the viewers and the characters needs to be established. And that hasn't happened yet.

Tidbits

- Clear something up for me. Is Wu (Reggie Lee) a sergeant or an officer?? The detectives called him Sgt. Wu in a previous episode (which makes him their superior), but he became Officer Wu in episode 7 (which makes him a rank below them). Either Wu got demoted big time or I'm missing something.

- Nick Burkhardt has done nothing remarkable or Grimm-like since he found out he was a Grimm. Chop off a few monster heads, dude. Do something to make me root for you!!

- Hey what did happen to Haley Joel Osment??

For the time being, I will continue to watch and see if things change. The stories are still 'out of the box' representations of The Grimms' Fairy Tales and I'm not ashamed to admit the idea still sounds very appealing.
  • Progressing

I like how Nick is getting more powerful, better trained etc.

It would be nice if he would move his arsenal in some safer place, and he could also start looking for new powerful weapons not only depending on stuff left by his aunt.

• Enjoyed the Earlier Episodes Most

I really liked the first two episodes, because they were based on actual Grimm stories. Problem for the writers is, most people are unfamiliar with the rest of the Grimm tales, so they've had to revert to "monster of the week", which isn't necessarily bad. But I didn't like the recent episode in which the cop's wife was kidnapped - it's such a crashing bore when cop shows insist on having family members involved, just so our hero can go all clench-jawed - because now it's personal!! But it's hard for me to miss this show, because I love Silas Mitchell Weir as the yuppy werewolf. He's terrific!
  • make up..

What's with all the heavy duty makeup the female actors have in this show? It looks like it was put onwith a trowel. A little more natural look wuld be better. Otherwise, love the show.
< 1 2 3 4 5