Grimm

Friday 9:00 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 28, 2011 Returning Thanks for the Memories, premiering October 24, 2014

Gislef

User Score: 1990

Grimm Fan Reviews (119)

• Zombie crap

I really loved this show and was really excited for the new season. I saw the zombies and now I once was a Grimm fan. Very disappointed in the show now. Hopefully they get rid of the zombie crap. If not, there are other things to watch on cable.
  • Cancel this show!

The main character is a moron. He kills the bee lady who is trying to help him so he can save the evil lady who tried to kill his Aunt. And then he is too stupid to kill the goat guy and lets him around other women knowing the effect he has on them. Obviously he will escape.

I've given this show so many chances to not suck and yet, it just keeps getting worse.

• Zombie garbage

My husband and I hated this last episode. We felt like we were watching Resident Evil. There was no story Zombies running around growling.
  • One "M" too many!

When I read the synopsis for this show, I was extremely dubious. It sounded contrived and unoriginal. When I did finally start watching it, and have done every week, it quickly became apparent that I was right. This show is boring in every aspect and clearly borrows inspiration from sources like "Constantine" and a million other done-to-death television shows.

The leads are boring, the back story is unappealing and it just hasn't got the ingredients required to last, especially considering some of the far more entertaining shows that have been canned by the networks in the past.

GRIM!
  • Zzzzzz

I couldn't get into it. I was bored halfway through the first episode.
  • Bored as hell.

I watched lots TV shows of different genre and no prejudice to any one. In the pilot epsiode of Grimm, its interesting opening andbackground drewmeto keep watching it. However, I found it was getting boring and boring, no matter its storyline, characters or plots. If the characters did not have their faces change into original monster looks, it would be just another crime drama.

Maybe I was misled by the title Grimm, I was expecting too much on fairy tale style things. But the show really disappointed me. I strongly recommended this show to be cancelled.

• grimm episode error (S3 - Ep 22) -->

should be last episode for season 2, not end of season 3...

Episode Guide

S 3 : Ep 22 Goodnight, Sweet Grimm Aired 5/21/13
  • Let's get the Grimm power started already!

Ok I get it,he can see the monsters and kept bugging that poor wolf for answers. I'm ready to see more of what he can do supernaturally. They need to bring more bad ass grimms to the mixed so I'm not bored of what the main characters can't do. Hanging on by a thread and want to like this show more! The main character needs to be more cool and acting less like a chick.

• Too much competition... just not gonna cut it.

5.5

It's really not that bad! Honestly... But... I've been watching 'Supernatural' for years now, am an immidiate 'once upon a time' fan, I'm hooked to all that is syfy and what not... And it's just not slim pickins anymore! There's too much good stuff out there for this fairly good idea to come to a happy ending.

Sorry for that, 'cause a few years back I might've watched it.

I'm just very, very spoiled with my series...

• Hmmmm

Ok so here we go...Grimm. Now this show, from what i've seen which is about half way through the season has a lot of potential but it just seems that it's lacking that certain je ne se quoi. For something like this where there delving into fairytales and having these creatures be alive you'd except a certain sense of darkness to the series, some suspense, edge of your seat stuff. Sadly there hasn't really been any of that except perhaps for the one episode, episode 5 i think? that managed to capture the 'dark side' as it were. And the actual Grimm himself? Wow what a load of hokum! There doesn't seem to be any character there whatsoever; no personality, no real emotions...just blah! Where's the back story? The sense of duty etc? And I mean dude he's meant to be like this badass hunter/slayer that all these creatures are afraid of and yet .................. we don't see any of that. He's just a cop who happens to see these creatures. And it comes a shock to him every time. You would think if your aunt left you a trailer full of stuff that ya know maybe you'd poke around and see what the hell is up! But nope. Only when the case requires it. That naivete is just grating. It also brings up the question of why he's even a Grimm? Why not just have him be a human who can see them or something? All we seem to see him do is read books when its necessary and then go and wave his gun around like a cowboy. Yes he's a cop but really? SORT IT OUT! I'm just hoping that the series gets better, that they at least try and make this good, try and do the stories justice. Cause really I've already given up. This series is just something to watch when there is literally nothing else on.

• READY FOR SOME GRIMM!

I have watched Ep1-7 and at the end of each episode i felt i was wanting more to come from this. I enjoy the little back and forth with the mains and supports but i think that they are letting to much cop drama into the show and not focusing on the "supernatural." I kept on watching in high hopes that i would get to see some of the Grimm come out of nick but alas he just kinda keeps on "seeing" as if that is his only supernatural ability. but to hear the way his aunt was talking about it and to see her in action during Ep 1! Man what a let down.. he gets his ass beat every time you turn around. At this point i think the Blutbaad would make a better grim at least he has a concept of who he is. The main character has no drive to better himself he only reads from the books when he has a problem he can't solve and at this rate i think that i am going to wind up just watching "SUPERNATURAL" reruns because of the hefty let down i feel after the end of every show. I think there is a terrific amount of room for this television show and the back story for it is even better but by the time they actually let Nick realize he has some extra awesomeness in his back pocket. I fear that a significant amount of viewers will just quit watching... anyways My take on it is that it is an awesome show with great room for improvement. I just think that they need to focus more on the main in this story...
  • Standard CW fare...only this time on NBC.

I watched Grimm for the first time tonight and wondered if I was watching the right channel....but nope, I checked and sure enough, I was watching NBC. Could have sworn I was watching the CW channel. Grimm is standard CW fare, and if you're in your teens or early twenties with a taste for Dungeons and Dragons and magic andsparkly vampires and such, Grimm was made for you. NBC must have been desperate to compete with and copythe CW style, because Grimm would be right at home there. The storyline of Grimmis juvenile and nothing special that you haven't seen before.

Adult viewers can probably take a pass on Grimm, safe in the knowlege that they aren't missing much.

• Not good enough

I watched 4 or 5 episodes of this because I like cop dramas and I liked the idea of a bit of fantasy thrown in. However, I got bored quite quickly - it's just like a mediocre cop drama with a bit of CGI. There doesn't seem to be enough emphasis placed on the supernatural part of the show. Also, there didn't seem to be enough back story going on to make me want to watch the next episode.

So, with my limited viewing time I'd rather watch other programs. It's not that it's a bad show, just not good enough
  • Is the Lt. a Grimm?

Is Lt. Hank Griffin (the black gentlemam) a Grimm that neither he or anyone else no about yet?,,,,,,,hhmmmmmmm
  • A tad bit cheesy

I found the idea of Grimm powers interesting but I also found the depiction of it in the episodes to be cheesy, i.e. when the face changes. If the writers didn't have such an amazing character (Monroe), I would've found it a lot more boring as a lot of the acting are cheesy and sometimes overdramatic. This series is a good way to pass time but I wouldn't recommend it to others as one of my "must watch" tv series.
  • Buffy's cousin

So Grimm is from the creator of buffy. I like the show, its easy, funny and entertaining. I wish there was a little more depth to his mothers story and that she was alive to train him a bit better and that was a bit stronger story line throughout the show.
  • Rapunzel Is A Werewolf. Who Knew?

NBC has been going out of its way to try and promote its newest fantasy/mystery/cop drama, Grimm. After seven episodes (all of which I've seen), I think I'm in a pretty decent position to render judgment on this undoubtedly unique show. So what do I think? Well, I'm still on the fence to be honest.

It's usually pretty evident when a show is good or bad at the outset. After watching the pilot, I was hopeful that I would warm up to the characters. The current situation presents a mixed bag of sorts, with many elements both good and bad. Let us carry out a dissection of sorts, shall we?

THE CAST

Call me old fashioned, but if a show has any hope of making it big on primetime TV, the main character needs to be likeable, and he should have a freakin' personality! Nick Burkhardt possesses neither of those qualities. David Giuntoli is wooden and completely unremarkable as the supposedly scary hunter of supernatural forces. If Grimm (the show) is going to brave the tide, we need to connect with the characters, and at the moment, I don't give a rat's ass if Nick Burkhardt gets mauled by a Jagerbar (that's Grimm speak for bear).

On the other end of the spectrum, let's talk about Monroe, the friendliest Blutbad (apparently call Wieder Blutbads because of their abstinence from eating humans, as opposed to normal Blutbads, who eat humans), in Portland, played by the talented Silas Weir Mitchell. The SOLE reason I tune in every week is to see if Monroe would get more screen time. His dialogue is sharp and witty in stark contrast to Nick, who could be speaking Croatian and it wouldn't make a difference.

Russell Hornsby as Hank Griffin (Nick's partner) does a decent enough job. No complaints from my side as far as he's concerned. I actually wouldn't have minded if Hank was the Grimm with Monroe as his sidekick. The show would have been WAY better.

A special mention for Sasha Roiz as Captain Renard. Having seen him in a wide variety of shows, it's good to finally see him cast as a regular character in this one. I know he was in Caprica, but I've never seen it, so there.

THE PREMISE

The idea is actually a unique one. With the fantasy genre having a rebirth of sorts, clubbing The Brothers Grimms' Fairy Tales with the modern day criminal procedural is a brilliant idea. But all brilliant ideas have to be implemented properly, and that's where this show is yet to score.

Bear with me on this. If Grimms are the alleged scourges of the supernatural world, shouldn't you expect them to have special abilities beyond just spotting the ugly mug of a well concealed monster? So Nick is basically a grown up Haley Joel Osment who can spot monsters instead of dead people. Remember the pilot where Nick's aunt had crazy wicked jujitsu moves?? Nick got his ass handed to him by a female Blutbad last week. Not very interesting to watch, folks.

The reason why shows like Supernatural (hell yeah!) have such a die hard fan base (myself included) is because the cast is brilliant, the stories are engaging and the entire package just works. I know we've only seen seven episodes, but I honestly don't see Grimm achieving cult status or even remotely heading in a similar direction. Not unless a few changes are made. The stories are interesting without a doubt, but a connection between the viewers and the characters needs to be established. And that hasn't happened yet.

Tidbits

- Clear something up for me. Is Wu (Reggie Lee) a sergeant or an officer?? The detectives called him Sgt. Wu in a previous episode (which makes him their superior), but he became Officer Wu in episode 7 (which makes him a rank below them). Either Wu got demoted big time or I'm missing something.

- Nick Burkhardt has done nothing remarkable or Grimm-like since he found out he was a Grimm. Chop off a few monster heads, dude. Do something to make me root for you!!

- Hey what did happen to Haley Joel Osment??

For the time being, I will continue to watch and see if things change. The stories are still 'out of the box' representations of The Grimms' Fairy Tales and I'm not ashamed to admit the idea still sounds very appealing.
  • Progressing

I like how Nick is getting more powerful, better trained etc.

It would be nice if he would move his arsenal in some safer place, and he could also start looking for new powerful weapons not only depending on stuff left by his aunt.

• Enjoyed the Earlier Episodes Most

I really liked the first two episodes, because they were based on actual Grimm stories. Problem for the writers is, most people are unfamiliar with the rest of the Grimm tales, so they've had to revert to "monster of the week", which isn't necessarily bad. But I didn't like the recent episode in which the cop's wife was kidnapped - it's such a crashing bore when cop shows insist on having family members involved, just so our hero can go all clench-jawed - because now it's personal!! But it's hard for me to miss this show, because I love Silas Mitchell Weir as the yuppy werewolf. He's terrific!
  • make up..

What's with all the heavy duty makeup the female actors have in this show? It looks like it was put onwith a trowel. A little more natural look wuld be better. Otherwise, love the show.
  • I watched the show Grimm season 1 episode 4 today to see the timeless horrors of childhood fables brought to life. Since I don't know the whole background story of the how and why in this series my review might be off in regards to character motivations.

This episode was called Lonely Hearts. The two male leads are clean looking types that appear comfortable together but will probably click as a team better with ten more episodes. The dialogue needed fuller personality impact because I didn't feel interested in what they said or did right away.

The delusions of the victim and ability of those detectives to see what others couldn't acted like sign posts to the fantasy aspect and that anything could happen. There is another character they get help from who also understands the situation and seems to be a regular asset like an informant. I liked the background music fluttering sounds. The story itself was a cautionary tale about physical attraction without rational thought by way of strong influences and what hides behind it. I think Grimm melds the real and unreal fairly well. Only once did it go into contrived territory with a fake (or it sure appeared to be) blue butterfly. There was one violent scene.

I want to watch and see if the ham sandwich will morph into visual literature on a sharp stick.

• exciting

This is a pretty good show. I'm really enjoying it. There are some really good episodes and it's pacing well. The last one I enjoyed because it was a bit of a climax to the season. Many times in shows they kinda show a little but it's not a satisfying one, but this one was good. Although there is still so much that we need to learn. Like what the frick did that evil bitch want to do all this for in the first place? lol hopefully soon we will find out! :)
  • Grimm idea is nice, but the detective work is sloppy

I like the Grimm + detective idea, but it's becoming more drama than I like it to be. I enjoy the fairy tales mixed in the thriller + detective stories, but there is no development in this area. Always same thing over and over again. Before any fascinating detective work comes to light, there goes the stupid love triangle epic. On top of that, where is the detective common sense? Why do they always have to sacrifice simple occupational common sense in order to drag the story? cat scratch + prior grimm mama said only a prince can save the girl + specific amnesia thingy, a grimm at birth + detective cannot piece these clues automatically on day-to-day basis? This can be a good show if the focus in on detective & grimm works, but it just have to turn into romeo & juliet or sex in the city. Pity...
  • Great Show!

Grimm is an awesome show! Person of Interest and Grimm are my 2 favorite new shows. I really look forward to seeing the next episode. I usually don't like sc-fi even but Grimm is always great. The guy who plays Monroe's character is perfect for the part. Everything works, terrific show.
  • A Surprise

I DO like this show which is really a surprise to me. I don't like all the vampire shows out there, or the books. For some reason, this show appeals to me. The writing is good and so are the actors. I'll keep watching.
  • Needs a Tune Up

After reading some other reviews I have to say I agree with the 6-7 ratings. I really want to like Grimm and do watch it every week, but I am not in love with it. Nick needs to develop his skills, just being a cop is boring. The continuing story needs to get more juicy. Kill off the girl friend or something or have her be a monster. Nick is soo milk toast. He is like Clark Kent. I don't think he cusses, drinks or has even lost his virginity yet. He also sort of reminds me of Luke pre-Yoda. Better start his training soon or the audience (me) is going to get bored. I think this show could be really good, but it just isn't quite there. Silas Weir Mitchell is doing a great job and IMO is nearly carrying the show. Love the cinematography. They need to show the Portland bumper sticker "Keep Portland Weird" in one of the episodes for sure.
  • There are shows you fall in love with within the first five minutes of the pilot.

Grimm is not one of those shows.That's not to say that it's bad, it isn't. It just takes a little while to find it's stride. Three episodes in, and Grimm finally seems to be doing just that.

The 'case-of-the-week from the pilot might have been a little too predictable, but that helped balance out the heavier exposition side of the episode. Unfortunately, episode two followed with an equally weak, if not weaker, A-plot and the required 'loose end tying' of the Aunt Marie story line. Without any strong points, the episode felt rather lacking and dull compared to the pilot.

With the third episode, Grimm seems to have settled into what the show is actually about. With the Aunt Marie/exposition stuff out of the way, we finally got a look at Nick going head to head against supernatural beings on his own, and it will be interesting to watch as he settles into his new role, and finds the right balance between Grimm and cop in his journeyfrom reluctant hero to full out ass kicker Grimm.

Is it worth watching? Sure. It's still too early to tell, but the writing and performances have been consistently good so far. The only thing that's letting the show down at the moment is the CGI, but hopefully that will be improved!

• Interesting idea - catchy start - let's see how it continues

First of all, I'm German, and always astouned, that American TV producers have millions to spend on a show, but now enough money to get one decent translator to be shipped to the set. Blutbad means bloodbath and the plural is Bludbäder, not Blutbaden. Leaving the fact aside, that there is no actual possible way this word will ever have a plural - beside you name fairytale big bad wolves after it. So far so good, all the monsters have German names and the show is about a guy, who's family tradition is the "gift" to see what lies beneath. They are called the Grimms, after the first people, the Brothers grimm, who had this gift. Their fairytales were fact, not fiction, or at least that's the plot and their books are a guide to all evil. There to help other "Grimms" fight the monsters.

Overall, an interesting idea, with quite a few effective scares. Could easily become a good show - or just a stupid one. Let's see and find out.

PS: Fairytale meets 21st century seems to bee the new Vampire shows. I also started watching "Once Upon A Time" tonight, which is of a similar kind and reminds me alot of Michael Ende's "The Neverending Story", a book which I read when I was a kid.

• NEVER AGAIN!!! (spoiler alert!)

if you have just started watching Grimm this is a warning... never ever! ever! ever! watch the last episode of the season until the next season starts. if you're like me you are only going to get pissed off. Grimm always ends its Seasons with a cliffhanger. Season 01, Juliet Faints and a mysterious girl is called MOM!? Season 02, Nick gets kidnapped and now Season 03, Nick loses his Grimm powers. next season, ill be better prepared! bwahahahaha
  • Interesting, Dark, Funny, Cool and Addicting

I Am Addicted to this show i randomly started watching this show from episode 1 and i just couldn't stop watching. It is an interesting idea for a show and it is executed perfectly, It is a dark, Cool show that puts an awesome twist on a generic crime show. It is hilarious due to most people's favorite Monroe who is just epic and the best part of the show is it is extremely addicting the twists are awesome and it keeps you wanting more

< 1 2 3 4