Friday 8:00 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 28, 2011 In Season

Grimm Fan Reviews (191)

• Are the writers afraid of POWERFUL women???

So, another horrible episode of GRIMM! I am with the others who say it is time to say goodbye to the whole lot of them. First, Nick should have been cool with Juliette becoming a hexenbeest. After everything they had done to her, he should have simply accepted her and her POWERS! What an awesome team of crime fighters they could have become if the now very-powerful Juliette could be used to stop Vessen crime. Then, they bring back Adelaide and try to make her sympathetic and nice - no, no, no. Then they bring in Henrietta, whom I was looking forward to get to know as another powerful woman, only to kill her off. Then, they kill off the Grimm Mother, another powerful woman who could have been a great ally! All because Nick was too much of a weenie to see the change in Juliette as a positive one. Instead, he acted just like Major Nelson in I Dream of Jeannie and Darrin Stevens in Bewitched back in the 60s. Just like him, their woman had special and very helpful powers that their men COULDN'T handle, so the men tried to control the women themselves. Juliette could have become a much stronger character and they could have moved things forward. I like Juliette as a hexenbeest and I am very, very angry at the writers for what they have done to wreck the show. Now its just boring and stupid, with disposable women - oh BTW, who cares that Sean Renard killed a bunch of hookers, he's still the captain so they get no justice at all and neither does Henrietta. Stupid mistake.
  • Last one for me too!

The actors can thank the sorry writers for destroying a great show! I've been sick of the stupid baby search crap but even more sick of how weak they made Nick. The left tie entire concept of the show making him weaker each week. A Grimm is nothing now so you need to change the name to Wimp!
  • Why has Grimm gotten so stupid?

The writers have decided to ruin a great show. A little bit of "soap opera" back story can help a series remain interesting but to destroy your main characters with a piss poor plot line is criminal. My wife and I have been avid viewers since the pilot but the past 4 episodes have destroyed the series for us. We are sad about what has been done to the characters that we have grown to love. It is too painful to watch a promising series destroyed by the writers' lack of imagination. It is always harder to write something great than to scribble down trash. Lazy, formulated and pathetic. Too bad that garbage has won. Good Bye Grimm.
  • Now It Is Broken

Too bad we cannot rate the writers instead of the show. I would give them a minus number. This show worked, even with the occasional soap bubble. Now they have gone too far, thinking angst is good writing. It is not. The Grimm premise worked, especially when the team was fully formed, Nick, his partner and Woo, Juliette, Monroe and Rosalee. That had rhythm, and a nice humorous snap. This soap opera pap doesn't even deserve a YouTube channel. I'm done. Grimm is off the selection list.
  • Talk about putting a show in the toilet!!!!!!

I guess the writers think that day time drama, soaps, are the way to kill a previously clever show and drop a loyal audience. So, a sweet girlfriend dumps her love of many years and on that same day screws her boyfriend's boss, burns down a treasured archive, allows the "pathetic royals" to kill anyone they want, and then sets up the ex-mom for death and puts a child in jeopardy. Of course, she will then try to kill her best friends at the spice shop since this is what you do when writers think they are soooooo smart and clever. What dropped on your head other than a pile of stupid? Thanks for ruining my favorite show. Now you get how dumb you are, I am the demographic you would want- adult woman.

I have a great idea, since you are sooo clever, next you can have Rosalie get pregnant by Woo, dump Monroe, her true love, and make Woo a mythical beast. Now you have the best stupid show and will continue to loose more of your audience. Do not worry, there are so many people who are actually mourning the death of day time soaps, so perhaps you found your new niche.

Better yet, you can be even smarter and have Juliette in the shower and have her tell Nick the weird dream she just had and make the entire year a joke, alla Dallas.
  • Going Dark

I am totally appalled with the way Juliette is behaving. She is completely self-centered and vindictive. Burning the trailer and the lore collected over centuries--all gone and irreplaceable. I don't see any hope of Juliette and Nick getting back together as this is an unforgivable act. And how could Juliette ever accept Nick having a baby with Adeland. Nick did not give Juliette the acceptance and love she needed, but that is no excuse to become so vindictive. Both Juliette and Nick have been thrown under the bus. This series has become a horror show instead of an interesting and amusing sci-fi show with lovable characters. I also don't understand all the fans who think all of this is OK. Do I want to keep watching a show that is just one long trail of misery? Probably not
  • Nick an Asshole

Nick is piece of shit... an asshole... starting to dislike the show because of him...
  • sad for adults

this has got to be a testimony to apathy and lost boys when Adults produce this kind of crap and truly expect any thin king adult, or child can see virtue in this.

The end is, truyly high.
  • Zombie crap

I really loved this show and was really excited for the new season. I saw the zombies and now I once was a Grimm fan. Very disappointed in the show now. Hopefully they get rid of the zombie crap. If not, there are other things to watch on cable.
  • Cancel this show!

The main character is a moron. He kills the bee lady who is trying to help him so he can save the evil lady who tried to kill his Aunt. And then he is too stupid to kill the goat guy and lets him around other women knowing the effect he has on them. Obviously he will escape.

I've given this show so many chances to not suck and yet, it just keeps getting worse.

• Juliette has GOT to go!

I already didn't like her character and once they turned her, I thought she might finally get cool but they have made her a selfish vindictive bitch and I hate her even more. Plus, now Nick has turned into a weak character, which is stupid since he's a Grimm. Time to get rid of Juliette!! If the show doesn't improve within 2 or 3 more episodes, I'm done watching. Just waste an hour every Friday that I could be watching something else. Maybe they will have Nick's Mom kill Juliette of and we can finally be done with her!!
  • Baby Diana

Ok have been a fan since day one but are you people serious about baby Diana missing her mother. Her mother is Adalind who they stole from her and gave her to a woman who abandon her own son. I'm so happy she got killed off and think of how pissed she's going to be when she finds out the truth that she was stolen from her real mother. 24 -episodes come-on I'm totally bored with this show. Juliette was a bad ass and get's killed off just when her character becomes entertaining, Can you please shorten the episodes it's just to many and it's well getting boring.
  • Goodbye Grimm... down the toilet you go

Very disappointing and it just gets worse every Friday. Agree with most reviewers/ fans that the writers just totally killed this awesome show. Nick's mom gone?? this is it for me.
  • The Path to self destruction

Wow I cannot believe how hard the writers are trying to make Nick look like a complete and utter fool. It is getting to the point where Nick is surviving because of plot convenience. (Hard to have a show called Grimm if the Grimm is

Watching the trailer go up in smoke this week my only thought was now I will have my question answered, in the age of portable scanning technology did Nick back up the books against just such an event. Make a bet with everyone - given Nick appears to be an absolute idiot I am betting the answer is no... At which point it strike one.

Now Juliette, what can I say about Juliette, instead of exercising the opportunity of exercising the possibility of some truly mind bending and entertaining character development with Juliette the writers went with the unimaginative and frankly tiresome raging beast. Super powerful and has done absolutely NOTHING to develop or advance the story line and if anything has damaged the story line possibly beyond repair. This could be the beginning of the slow fall into confused and stupid.

Also by the writers own mythos I wonder if they have realized they have sentenced the character of Juliette to death, with no chance of reprieve other than her defending herself and if they take her powers away the only way she lives is plot convenience. What did she do? She has been flashing her powers and woging in PUBLIC - remember the bar. The Wesen council has a VERY firm stance on that kid of thing. The offender dies. Case in point they sent an assassin into the FREAKING POLICE STATION to kill two offenders. A psyco hexenbiest on the war path would definitely have to be put down period. (and don't tell me that someone in that bar didn't film and post For that matter dealing with the oh so trust worthy Royals. Juliette is dead hexinbiest walking in her current state, sadly in her current state she would be no loss to the show as she has done nothing for story advancement.

Renard, fix him or kill him but end the pointless bullshit. The way his storyline is tracking it is just dragged out and annoying. Like soooo many other subplots in the last four seasons.

The one and only truly bright light in this show is the attention showed to Munroe and Rosalee, if they writers had been as competent with the rest of the characters as these two this show would have had a remarkable season.

Instead the season is devolving into 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag.

Adelind... oh Adelind, I am strangely intrigued by the possibilities here and I am not fond of this character but there is real potential here. But given the recent track record of the writers I am predicting more of the mundane and predictable. Oh joy more daytime soap opera writing. Frak me...

So my hope is the writers grow a pair and actually work on developing the fraking story. This stagnation and mile long list of unanswered questions from four years. I am beginning to believe that the writers are incapable of completing a storyline any more complicated then a harilquinn romance...

In case the writers are wondering what a good story can do, there exists a show that is over 50 years old, has to date over 800 episodes made and for those who watch it is about the quality of Story. Always has been.

I hope I am wrong because I would miss this show, but until the writers shoot for more then predictable and expected and develop an advancing story line again I believe we are seeing Grimms beginning of it's first steps on it's Path to Self Destruction...

Thanks to all who have taken the time to read.

And it is with heavy heart I sign off...
  • Grimm Discombobulation

My favorite show is circling down the drain.

They take a few week break and come up with this? "Hibernaculum" has a disjointed, hurried, lazy excuse for a script.

Why the cast didn't refuse to do this one after reading this crap is beyond my understanding.

The heat orgy scenes were repulsive, played poorly and the entire premise was laboriously forced and real-world "consequences" non-existent.

Grade: F
  • I've tried to be loyal but the show is bad

I've really tried to hang in there with Grimm. First seasons can be rough but I love the premise and felt they did a good job overall. But as of Season 2 it's like everything started to fall apart. The Royal subplot if you actually look at it by itself hasn't actually gone anywhere. There was some excitement for a second with Adelinde and her baby but really it's just a looooong drawn out tease that is now literally going in circles with Adelinde tripping on a brownie and chasing herself around the dungeon. Then we have Juliet who is very obviously a character that needs to be cut or reduced altogether. Rosalee is awesome and her family bit was moving but she is pretty much just reduced to relationship dynamics with Monroe. Infact the whole show has basically become about relationships first and Grimm action secondary. I don't have a problem with that but it's inconsistent. Pick a path and stick with it. Finally Wu should have been in on the whole thing AGES AGO. Again like the rest he is just hanging around not being utilized properly.

Fact is this show is trying to be Buffy and not be Buffy at the same time. They need to just suck it up and go with what works with Buffy, Supernatural and other Whedon-inspired shows - GET EVERYONE ON THE SAME PAGE! They need to be a team with secrets out fighting against the Royals and baddie of the week, with personal stories and relationships woven through. Wu is my favorite character and it's sooo frustrating to watch him putter around for 3 seasons when he clearly needs to know about the Vesen world. At this point I don't see the show recovering. It is a lesson though in just how little it takes to satisfy some folks. Personally, this show is a huge waste of potential.
  • Juliette character needs to improve

The writers need to move the Juliette character out of soap opera mode and move her into Grimm-mode. The writers started her off nicely accepting Nick as a Grimm and having her help Nick's mother and the Resistance - but then she has become this simpering idiot without a backbone who goes behind Nick's back to Monroe and Rosalee "suggesting" their relationship would be better if they did not help Nick get his "Grimm-ness" back? Really? She can't speak to Nick about that? Or about the spell that made him lose his powers instead implying he cheated on her? Again - really? She knows what he is and she knows his life if based on him being a Grimm. Rather than try to change him, she should leave him or get with the program. The writers need to make her a character part of the Grimm universe - which is what the story is about. Perhaps that's what they are trying to do now that she knows Nick has special cornea and that it is Nick needs to get his powers back - SOON!!
  • Grimm has lost it's way

Juliette and Trubel have to go. This show was better when Juliette forgot who Nick was and Monroe was funny. Very disappointing
  • Zombie garbage

My husband and I hated this last episode. We felt like we were watching Resident Evil. There was no story Zombies running around growling.
  • One "M" too many!

When I read the synopsis for this show, I was extremely dubious. It sounded contrived and unoriginal. When I did finally start watching it, and have done every week, it quickly became apparent that I was right. This show is boring in every aspect and clearly borrows inspiration from sources like "Constantine" and a million other done-to-death television shows.

The leads are boring, the back story is unappealing and it just hasn't got the ingredients required to last, especially considering some of the far more entertaining shows that have been canned by the networks in the past.

• Round and Round she goes, where she stops nobody knows

Not sure what the writers are up to but those of us that have grown attached to the characters are getting a pretty good bruising. The only thing that can see happening is nick's mom turning in to snow white and nick, woo, hank, Monroe, Troubl, Rosalie and Bud turn in to the 7 dwarfs. (Snow white is a Grimm fairy tale) Somehow someway prince charming appears and puts Kelly Burkhardt back together with a kiss. Then Juliette appears on the scene and Kelly takes her head. I just wonder who would be grumpy or sneezy. Just kidding of course.

One character that has been quiet has been Diana and I don't think that she will take too kindly to this new family arrangement. Kelly has been her momma for a while and she will no doubt miss her. We do know the kid has powers and has already shown the ability to make things move, disappear and reappear. The Royals may have gotten a whole lot more than they bargained for, when Diana realizes her momma is not returning.

• The main character does not seem very strong

Sorry, but Nick is becoming the weakest hero. Why not have him look more like a super hero when he goes up against the bad guys? After all he is supposed to be a GRIMM. Munroe has more courage, etc. than he does. He should at least have some way of looking stronger than human by now. I used to like him, but he's becoming more like a girl. His girlfriend has more strength.
  • I used to love this show. Now we have Trubel. And Nick isn't a Grimm? This turned into Buffy.

This show has turned into a power chick show. I don't mind that, but there are toil many of them all ready. I don't need a second rate version of Buffy here.
  • Zzzzzz

I couldn't get into it. I was bored halfway through the first episode.
  • last nights episode was ridiculous

hope the writers get this train back on the track and stop with these ridiculous wessen that freeze people or start fires or are not even cool
  • Not another soap opera please

Can we not have another soap opera plotline involving Juliet? I barely endured through the last one. Either get her on board or get rid of her. The girfriend-as-drag is such a tired trope. Which brings me to the other tired cliche--the bad girl/boy with the heart of gold with the sad backstory (usually an abusive childhood, preferably as a foster child) who only our hero understands. Sound familiar? It's as though they had one original idea and then petered out and are now resorting to every TV cliche in the book.
  • Nick needs his powers back

The show is boring now and losing focus give Nick his Grimm powers back
  • Just Awful

I was really looking forward to the first season of Grimm. I thought "finally, something edgy, original and slightly spooky on prime time TV". I was so disappointed! Even the names on this show are silly. No effort was put into being creative here. The whole "face change" stunt is so overused it has become boring. I wanted so much to love Grimm. It promised but didn't deliver.
  • Bored as hell.

I watched lots TV shows of different genre and no prejudice to any one. In the pilot epsiode of Grimm, its interesting opening andbackground drewmeto keep watching it. However, I found it was getting boring and boring, no matter its storyline, characters or plots. If the characters did not have their faces change into original monster looks, it would be just another crime drama.

Maybe I was misled by the title Grimm, I was expecting too much on fairy tale style things. But the show really disappointed me. I strongly recommended this show to be cancelled.

• Is this Ross and Rachel from Friends? This is my last season....

I can't believe they ruined this show. I watched this show from episode 1 and loved the characters. Monroe being my favorite, but now, I'm so tired of Juliette and the dragging on between her and Adelaide's baby! These guys used up an ENTIRE SEASON with these two problems not being resolved! I feel like I got nothing out of this season. It's worse than Rachel and Ross for Pete's sake! I'm more frustrated that I was hoping progress would be made, but nothing at all changed. From the first episode of the season to the last episode of the season (yes I know there's a few more but something tells me we'll still be at the same situation), I feel like I got stuck in a time loop. Almost like the writers had nothing to write about and decided to see how many episodes they could repeat, leaving the same issues hanging (ie: bullet holes on Renaud, Adelaide's baby, and that annoying character that I never even liked from the beginning - Juliette! She's so irritating!) I think they should kill her character off by the end of this season. It's tiring, as is this show. Every episode this season has left me upset, not happy. I felt miserable every time I watched an episode from this season. Sorry guys - I probably won't pick this up again in September. It was a good run up until this season.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7