Grimm

Friday 8:00 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 28, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Grimm Fan Reviews (205)

• What's happened to Grimm? episode 7

We were eagerly awaiting the return of season 5 but episode 7 was laughable. The production standards have gone to hell. It looked like a cheap '80s daytime soap, think Falcon Crest, Far too many close ups and long pointless one to ones. The dialogue was puerile. The actors looked embarrassed to be spouting this rubbish. If it doesn't get back to it's usual high standard I'm afraid it will lose two previously avid viewers.
  • Bad filming on Grimm series 5 EP 7?

What happened to the filming of the latest Grimm episode? It looks cheap and tacky more like a soap opera or hand filmed HD camera. For those of you with a good Sony flatscreen TV you may recognise this as the effect of motion flow on the highest setting. This causes all programmes and movies to look the same, plastic, almost fake even, its smoothness makes it look unrealistic and very very cheap. I have that feature turned off on my tv as I'm not a fan of it. Not sure what happened to the filming of this but hope it was a mistake or just testing the water as it was difficult to watch and not enjoyable what so ever. The sound is also terrible, seemed very forced and the separation on the surround system had very little effect, only sund to be really heard was the center speaker. I've bought all seasons so far on blu-ray but if they start looking like this I won't be buying any more.
  • You're ruining it

Whatever you've done with the new series, please stop. The new filming techniques and sound track are making it like watching a cheap and cheerful c grade under budget remake. There's no excitement with the new layout and it's positively off putting to someone who has watched avidly since the first episode of season 1. What made it goods gone so please go back to the old layout before I can't stand it any longer and stop watching.
  • Grimm season 5

What's happened the quality is terrible was the budget cut, the filming quality is terrible and the sound is ametuer at best really awful? ????????
  • Are the writers afraid of POWERFUL women???

So, another horrible episode of GRIMM! I am with the others who say it is time to say goodbye to the whole lot of them. First, Nick should have been cool with Juliette becoming a hexenbeest. After everything they had done to her, he should have simply accepted her and her POWERS! What an awesome team of crime fighters they could have become if the now very-powerful Juliette could be used to stop Vessen crime. Then, they bring back Adelaide and try to make her sympathetic and nice - no, no, no. Then they bring in Henrietta, whom I was looking forward to get to know as another powerful woman, only to kill her off. Then, they kill off the Grimm Mother, another powerful woman who could have been a great ally! All because Nick was too much of a weenie to see the change in Juliette as a positive one. Instead, he acted just like Major Nelson in I Dream of Jeannie and Darrin Stevens in Bewitched back in the 60s. Just like him, their woman had special and very helpful powers that their men COULDN'T handle, so the men tried to control the women themselves. Juliette could have become a much stronger character and they could have moved things forward. I like Juliette as a hexenbeest and I am very, very angry at the writers for what they have done to wreck the show. Now its just boring and stupid, with disposable women - oh BTW, who cares that Sean Renard killed a bunch of hookers, he's still the captain so they get no justice at all and neither does Henrietta. Stupid mistake.
  • Last one for me too!

The actors can thank the sorry writers for destroying a great show! I've been sick of the stupid baby search crap but even more sick of how weak they made Nick. The left tie entire concept of the show making him weaker each week. A Grimm is nothing now so you need to change the name to Wimp!
  • Why has Grimm gotten so stupid?

The writers have decided to ruin a great show. A little bit of "soap opera" back story can help a series remain interesting but to destroy your main characters with a piss poor plot line is criminal. My wife and I have been avid viewers since the pilot but the past 4 episodes have destroyed the series for us. We are sad about what has been done to the characters that we have grown to love. It is too painful to watch a promising series destroyed by the writers' lack of imagination. It is always harder to write something great than to scribble down trash. Lazy, formulated and pathetic. Too bad that garbage has won. Good Bye Grimm.
  • Now It Is Broken

Too bad we cannot rate the writers instead of the show. I would give them a minus number. This show worked, even with the occasional soap bubble. Now they have gone too far, thinking angst is good writing. It is not. The Grimm premise worked, especially when the team was fully formed, Nick, his partner and Woo, Juliette, Monroe and Rosalee. That had rhythm, and a nice humorous snap. This soap opera pap doesn't even deserve a YouTube channel. I'm done. Grimm is off the selection list.
  • Talk about putting a show in the toilet!!!!!!

I guess the writers think that day time drama, soaps, are the way to kill a previously clever show and drop a loyal audience. So, a sweet girlfriend dumps her love of many years and on that same day screws her boyfriend's boss, burns down a treasured archive, allows the "pathetic royals" to kill anyone they want, and then sets up the ex-mom for death and puts a child in jeopardy. Of course, she will then try to kill her best friends at the spice shop since this is what you do when writers think they are soooooo smart and clever. What dropped on your head other than a pile of stupid? Thanks for ruining my favorite show. Now you get how dumb you are, I am the demographic you would want- adult woman.

I have a great idea, since you are sooo clever, next you can have Rosalie get pregnant by Woo, dump Monroe, her true love, and make Woo a mythical beast. Now you have the best stupid show and will continue to loose more of your audience. Do not worry, there are so many people who are actually mourning the death of day time soaps, so perhaps you found your new niche.

Better yet, you can be even smarter and have Juliette in the shower and have her tell Nick the weird dream she just had and make the entire year a joke, alla Dallas.
  • Going Dark

I am totally appalled with the way Juliette is behaving. She is completely self-centered and vindictive. Burning the trailer and the lore collected over centuries--all gone and irreplaceable. I don't see any hope of Juliette and Nick getting back together as this is an unforgivable act. And how could Juliette ever accept Nick having a baby with Adeland. Nick did not give Juliette the acceptance and love she needed, but that is no excuse to become so vindictive. Both Juliette and Nick have been thrown under the bus. This series has become a horror show instead of an interesting and amusing sci-fi show with lovable characters. I also don't understand all the fans who think all of this is OK. Do I want to keep watching a show that is just one long trail of misery? Probably not
  • Nick an Asshole

Nick is piece of shit... an asshole... starting to dislike the show because of him...
  • sad for adults

this has got to be a testimony to apathy and lost boys when Adults produce this kind of crap and truly expect any thin king adult, or child can see virtue in this.

The end is, truyly high.
  • Zombie crap

I really loved this show and was really excited for the new season. I saw the zombies and now I once was a Grimm fan. Very disappointed in the show now. Hopefully they get rid of the zombie crap. If not, there are other things to watch on cable.
  • Cancel this show!

The main character is a moron. He kills the bee lady who is trying to help him so he can save the evil lady who tried to kill his Aunt. And then he is too stupid to kill the goat guy and lets him around other women knowing the effect he has on them. Obviously he will escape.

I've given this show so many chances to not suck and yet, it just keeps getting worse.

• Juliette has GOT to go!

1.5
    I already didn't like her character and once they turned her, I thought she might finally get cool but they have made her a selfish vindictive bitch and I hate her even more. Plus, now Nick has turned into a weak character, which is stupid since he's a Grimm. Time to get rid of Juliette!! If the show doesn't improve within 2 or 3 more episodes, I'm done watching. Just waste an hour every Friday that I could be watching something else. Maybe they will have Nick's Mom kill Juliette of and we can finally be done with her!!
  • Grimm s5 ep7

I couldn't believe what I was watching, the production of the show went from cinematic to cheap Australian soap opera and somehow the actors' lines seemed corny! I was embarrassed for them. And Nick getting it on with Adalind? The woman who singlehandedly almost destroyed his life? It's insane! Do they have new writers? Iv watched Grimm since the pilot and it's my favourite show, but I'll stop watching it if it doesn't improve. And Juliette died. End of story. Her appearance is completely ridiculous. And I never cared for her character, or her taste in clothes . Change it or bin it.
  • Grimm filming changes

I love this programme but I hope this new filming method is a trial because I found it unbearable to watch , it's awful . I will stop watching it because it hurts my eyes , it's juddery and wierd .... not nice ! Sort it out please .
  • Awah this is rubbish

What have they done s 5 ep 7 and it feels all weird like I am watching home and away in 1980s. What has changed are they now on a limited budget ?
  • Baby Diana

Ok have been a fan since day one but are you people serious about baby Diana missing her mother. Her mother is Adalind who they stole from her and gave her to a woman who abandon her own son. I'm so happy she got killed off and think of how pissed she's going to be when she finds out the truth that she was stolen from her real mother. 24 -episodes come-on I'm totally bored with this show. Juliette was a bad ass and get's killed off just when her character becomes entertaining, Can you please shorten the episodes it's just to many and it's well getting boring.
  • Goodbye Grimm... down the toilet you go

Very disappointing and it just gets worse every Friday. Agree with most reviewers/ fans that the writers just totally killed this awesome show. Nick's mom gone?? this is it for me.
  • The Path to self destruction

Wow I cannot believe how hard the writers are trying to make Nick look like a complete and utter fool. It is getting to the point where Nick is surviving because of plot convenience. (Hard to have a show called Grimm if the Grimm is

Watching the trailer go up in smoke this week my only thought was now I will have my question answered, in the age of portable scanning technology did Nick back up the books against just such an event. Make a bet with everyone - given Nick appears to be an absolute idiot I am betting the answer is no... At which point it strike one.

Now Juliette, what can I say about Juliette, instead of exercising the opportunity of exercising the possibility of some truly mind bending and entertaining character development with Juliette the writers went with the unimaginative and frankly tiresome raging beast. Super powerful and has done absolutely NOTHING to develop or advance the story line and if anything has damaged the story line possibly beyond repair. This could be the beginning of the slow fall into confused and stupid.

Also by the writers own mythos I wonder if they have realized they have sentenced the character of Juliette to death, with no chance of reprieve other than her defending herself and if they take her powers away the only way she lives is plot convenience. What did she do? She has been flashing her powers and woging in PUBLIC - remember the bar. The Wesen council has a VERY firm stance on that kid of thing. The offender dies. Case in point they sent an assassin into the FREAKING POLICE STATION to kill two offenders. A psyco hexenbiest on the war path would definitely have to be put down period. (and don't tell me that someone in that bar didn't film and post For that matter dealing with the oh so trust worthy Royals. Juliette is dead hexinbiest walking in her current state, sadly in her current state she would be no loss to the show as she has done nothing for story advancement.

Renard, fix him or kill him but end the pointless bullshit. The way his storyline is tracking it is just dragged out and annoying. Like soooo many other subplots in the last four seasons.

The one and only truly bright light in this show is the attention showed to Munroe and Rosalee, if they writers had been as competent with the rest of the characters as these two this show would have had a remarkable season.

Instead the season is devolving into 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag.

Adelind... oh Adelind, I am strangely intrigued by the possibilities here and I am not fond of this character but there is real potential here. But given the recent track record of the writers I am predicting more of the mundane and predictable. Oh joy more daytime soap opera writing. Frak me...

So my hope is the writers grow a pair and actually work on developing the fraking story. This stagnation and mile long list of unanswered questions from four years. I am beginning to believe that the writers are incapable of completing a storyline any more complicated then a harilquinn romance...

In case the writers are wondering what a good story can do, there exists a show that is over 50 years old, has to date over 800 episodes made and for those who watch it is about the quality of Story. Always has been.

I hope I am wrong because I would miss this show, but until the writers shoot for more then predictable and expected and develop an advancing story line again I believe we are seeing Grimms beginning of it's first steps on it's Path to Self Destruction...

Thanks to all who have taken the time to read.

And it is with heavy heart I sign off...
  • Grimm Discombobulation

My favorite show is circling down the drain.

They take a few week break and come up with this? "Hibernaculum" has a disjointed, hurried, lazy excuse for a script.

Why the cast didn't refuse to do this one after reading this crap is beyond my understanding.

The heat orgy scenes were repulsive, played poorly and the entire premise was laboriously forced and real-world "consequences" non-existent.

Stupid.

Grade: F
  • I've tried to be loyal but the show is bad

I've really tried to hang in there with Grimm. First seasons can be rough but I love the premise and felt they did a good job overall. But as of Season 2 it's like everything started to fall apart. The Royal subplot if you actually look at it by itself hasn't actually gone anywhere. There was some excitement for a second with Adelinde and her baby but really it's just a looooong drawn out tease that is now literally going in circles with Adelinde tripping on a brownie and chasing herself around the dungeon. Then we have Juliet who is very obviously a character that needs to be cut or reduced altogether. Rosalee is awesome and her family bit was moving but she is pretty much just reduced to relationship dynamics with Monroe. Infact the whole show has basically become about relationships first and Grimm action secondary. I don't have a problem with that but it's inconsistent. Pick a path and stick with it. Finally Wu should have been in on the whole thing AGES AGO. Again like the rest he is just hanging around not being utilized properly.

Fact is this show is trying to be Buffy and not be Buffy at the same time. They need to just suck it up and go with what works with Buffy, Supernatural and other Whedon-inspired shows - GET EVERYONE ON THE SAME PAGE! They need to be a team with secrets out fighting against the Royals and baddie of the week, with personal stories and relationships woven through. Wu is my favorite character and it's sooo frustrating to watch him putter around for 3 seasons when he clearly needs to know about the Vesen world. At this point I don't see the show recovering. It is a lesson though in just how little it takes to satisfy some folks. Personally, this show is a huge waste of potential.
  • Juliette character needs to improve

The writers need to move the Juliette character out of soap opera mode and move her into Grimm-mode. The writers started her off nicely accepting Nick as a Grimm and having her help Nick's mother and the Resistance - but then she has become this simpering idiot without a backbone who goes behind Nick's back to Monroe and Rosalee "suggesting" their relationship would be better if they did not help Nick get his "Grimm-ness" back? Really? She can't speak to Nick about that? Or about the spell that made him lose his powers instead implying he cheated on her? Again - really? She knows what he is and she knows his life if based on him being a Grimm. Rather than try to change him, she should leave him or get with the program. The writers need to make her a character part of the Grimm universe - which is what the story is about. Perhaps that's what they are trying to do now that she knows Nick has special cornea and that it is Nick needs to get his powers back - SOON!!
  • Grimm has lost it's way

Juliette and Trubel have to go. This show was better when Juliette forgot who Nick was and Monroe was funny. Very disappointing
  • Zombie garbage

My husband and I hated this last episode. We felt like we were watching Resident Evil. There was no story Zombies running around growling.
  • One "M" too many!

When I read the synopsis for this show, I was extremely dubious. It sounded contrived and unoriginal. When I did finally start watching it, and have done every week, it quickly became apparent that I was right. This show is boring in every aspect and clearly borrows inspiration from sources like "Constantine" and a million other done-to-death television shows.

The leads are boring, the back story is unappealing and it just hasn't got the ingredients required to last, especially considering some of the far more entertaining shows that have been canned by the networks in the past.

GRIM!
  • Grimm goes all Young and the Restless!!

2.5
    This is the biggest mistake they've made with the show since the voiceover intro for Season 2!!

We've just watched S5 E7 and can't believe what they've done to its' filming technique! It looked as if they'd spent loads of money to film this episode in UltraHD but decided (as such) to lower the everything else to the standard of a really poor daytime soap (sorry for naming TYATR, but it was the only example I could think of!!).

The action scenes were poor (as was any movement across the screen) and became blurry/ghosting at times. The start of a lot of the scenes seemed to be too staged - no flow to them as there used to be - with the thought going through my head that the editing was really poor. The acting seemed too 'plasticky'... as if (sometimes) they were too aware that this was a new filming technique for the show. The storyline we just couldn't follow as we were so 'engrossed' with the terrible videoing style.

I don't think we can blame the actors at all as they've been doing the show for 5 years now so someone else must've made (or had their arms twisted by a really bad Wesen) to make really unnecessary and standard-lowering changes to the way the show is filmed now. All you have to do is compare E6 & E7 and you can see so clearly that there is no continuity in the video department!!

Please, please, PLEASE!!.... bring back the old style of filming... acting... EVERYTHING!!! It worked so well and helped build up the atmosphere as each episode went along. If it carries on being like this for the rest of the season it will be a massive mistake and lose so many loyal fans.
  • Cheap TV Now

2.5
    I watched the latest episode, (S5 Ep7) and it was like watching an American TV soap, cheap acting, dialogue and sets and appears to have benn done with video tape. What a comedown from what was a great series. I had to watch this episode in 2 parts because I gave up half way through. Bring back the way it was made in the past then maybe I will believe in the series again.
  • The main character does not seem very strong

Sorry, but Nick is becoming the weakest hero. Why not have him look more like a super hero when he goes up against the bad guys? After all he is supposed to be a GRIMM. Munroe has more courage, etc. than he does. He should at least have some way of looking stronger than human by now. I used to like him, but he's becoming more like a girl. His girlfriend has more strength.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7