Grimm

Friday 8:00 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 28, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Grimm Fan Reviews (206)

• This is what I think.....

After watching this absolutely wonderful horror/fantasy show go from brilliant to HUH?, I get the feeling that the show has reached the end of the road. Original writers, I feel, have left for other realms and they are wrapping up this Season (5) because it will then go into syndication (you have to have 5, I think, for the syndication to go into effect). Unfortunately, the producers, directors, want to get the show over with. This is so sad, because this show was wonderful. I hate bringing the subject of Juliette up and keep beating the dead horse but, as a huge fan of the show, one of the critics stated so perfectly, she wasn't anything great in the beginning and she certainly isn't anything great in the end. They should have buried her character, gotten back some of the brilliant writers and gone back to the old Grimm stories and left the too personal stuff alone. Oh well, it really was a good show and I will miss it terribly, but I can't watch all this confusion and chaos, it's too grim. :-(

• Grimm goes all Young and the Restless!!

2.5
    This is the biggest mistake they've made with the show since the voiceover intro for Season 2!!

We've just watched S5 E7 and can't believe what they've done to its' filming technique! It looked as if they'd spent loads of money to film this episode in UltraHD but decided (as such) to lower the everything else to the standard of a really poor daytime soap (sorry for naming TYATR, but it was the only example I could think of!!).

The action scenes were poor (as was any movement across the screen) and became blurry/ghosting at times. The start of a lot of the scenes seemed to be too staged - no flow to them as there used to be - with the thought going through my head that the editing was really poor. The acting seemed too 'plasticky'... as if (sometimes) they were too aware that this was a new filming technique for the show. The storyline we just couldn't follow as we were so 'engrossed' with the terrible videoing style.

I don't think we can blame the actors at all as they've been doing the show for 5 years now so someone else must've made (or had their arms twisted by a really bad Wesen) to make really unnecessary and standard-lowering changes to the way the show is filmed now. All you have to do is compare E6 & E7 and you can see so clearly that there is no continuity in the video department!!

Please, please, PLEASE!!.... bring back the old style of filming... acting... EVERYTHING!!! It worked so well and helped build up the atmosphere as each episode went along. If it carries on being like this for the rest of the season it will be a massive mistake and lose so many loyal fans.
  • Grimm s5 ep7

I couldn't believe what I was watching, the production of the show went from cinematic to cheap Australian soap opera and somehow the actors' lines seemed corny! I was embarrassed for them. And Nick getting it on with Adalind? The woman who singlehandedly almost destroyed his life? It's insane! Do they have new writers? Iv watched Grimm since the pilot and it's my favourite show, but I'll stop watching it if it doesn't improve. And Juliette died. End of story. Her appearance is completely ridiculous. And I never cared for her character, or her taste in clothes . Change it or bin it.
  • What's happened to Grimm? episode 7

We were eagerly awaiting the return of season 5 but episode 7 was laughable. The production standards have gone to hell. It looked like a cheap '80s daytime soap, think Falcon Crest, Far too many close ups and long pointless one to ones. The dialogue was puerile. The actors looked embarrassed to be spouting this rubbish. If it doesn't get back to it's usual high standard I'm afraid it will lose two previously avid viewers.
  • Grimm filming changes

I love this programme but I hope this new filming method is a trial because I found it unbearable to watch , it's awful . I will stop watching it because it hurts my eyes , it's juddery and wierd .... not nice ! Sort it out please .
  • Bad filming on Grimm series 5 EP 7?

What happened to the filming of the latest Grimm episode? It looks cheap and tacky more like a soap opera or hand filmed HD camera. For those of you with a good Sony flatscreen TV you may recognise this as the effect of motion flow on the highest setting. This causes all programmes and movies to look the same, plastic, almost fake even, its smoothness makes it look unrealistic and very very cheap. I have that feature turned off on my tv as I'm not a fan of it. Not sure what happened to the filming of this but hope it was a mistake or just testing the water as it was difficult to watch and not enjoyable what so ever. The sound is also terrible, seemed very forced and the separation on the surround system had very little effect, only sund to be really heard was the center speaker. I've bought all seasons so far on blu-ray but if they start looking like this I won't be buying any more.
  • You're ruining it

Whatever you've done with the new series, please stop. The new filming techniques and sound track are making it like watching a cheap and cheerful c grade under budget remake. There's no excitement with the new layout and it's positively off putting to someone who has watched avidly since the first episode of season 1. What made it goods gone so please go back to the old layout before I can't stand it any longer and stop watching.
  • Cheap TV Now

2.5
    I watched the latest episode, (S5 Ep7) and it was like watching an American TV soap, cheap acting, dialogue and sets and appears to have benn done with video tape. What a comedown from what was a great series. I had to watch this episode in 2 parts because I gave up half way through. Bring back the way it was made in the past then maybe I will believe in the series again.
  • Till s4 it was good but after fifth man it hit the the skies unfortunately those were skies of hell....

Rubbish mean nicks girl was dedicated for her for so long... even in effects of potion she didn't had any sex with the captain... and he goes and take side for the protection of hexinbitch; ) and that chance child with her man if i were any vexin i'd kill him for the crime of being
  • Grimm season 5

What's happened the quality is terrible was the budget cut, the filming quality is terrible and the sound is ametuer at best really awful? ????????
  • Awah this is rubbish

What have they done s 5 ep 7 and it feels all weird like I am watching home and away in 1980s. What has changed are they now on a limited budget ?
  • Juliet needs Justice!!

I loved the show till season 4 and started to dislike it when they spoiled the character of Juliet. everyone in the show has gotten away with everything in the name of being possessed including Nick, Captain, Hank; leave alone the -born-bitch-characters like Adalind. Juliet was the only one who had a decent life and got into the mess because of Nick.

Nick refused to kiss her after she became hexnbeast, left her on her own, and he is still the "hero". Aladalind who is the bitch of all the bitches, gets to be the mother of the hero. Nick, kisses Adalind (who is still an hexnbeast and is the one who is responsible for everything).

I think its time to say goodbye to this show
  • Great Show To Watch!

Love the Cast ! Mixing it up with comedy,action,drama,suspense and thriller ! Really enjoy this show ! I hope that they stick around for more seasons !!
  • NBC is Done for...

so i Hate NBC as so many others like me

but Grimm was actually the only good thing that made me keep NBC

but from what i am watching

1st of all season 5 is weird it's not bad but it's weird

2nd we had like 6 episode then they went into a break?

what is this so is this season will be like 12 episodes?

i really don't understand what kind of a people are working in NBC and who is the one who make these calls!

anyway thanks for nothing NBC and i promise you once i am done with grimm i am also done with your bullshit

thanks...
  • agghhhhhh!!

OMG this series is wonderful with suspense and loyalties and the creative writing, but SERIOUSLY!!!! You take a break for 4 months, and when you come back you give us all of FOUR EPISODES before taking ANOTHER three months off!!!! For goodness sake, give us a little more!
  • Show!

This TV Serie really make me have a really good and please go on with this.

Yea, what happended last didn't show a new episode???

Please this has just been waiting for this for a long do not stop it now.
  • November 27th episode?

Was there not an episode on last night? I thought season just started, surely they're not on hiatus already? Just wondering if my DVR missed it.
  • Juliette....

I have read fan reviews on different sites calling for Juliette to return and how great she is... I finished binge re-watching Grimm a week ago and to be honest I don't see the relevance of that character unless it was to get the other characters to this point of where they are at Season 5. I mean i haven't watched an episode of Grimm where i have said "i can't wait for Juliette to come on". Wu? absuloutely. Monroe? with out a doubt. but never Juliette. Nothing against Bitsie Tulloch, but the character was just meh. Having said that i understand that the character has fans and wanting her back in the show is understandable. But what i don't get is why they want her back as Nick's girlfriend! After all the thing she has done! I know her being a "hexinbeist" is being presented as an excuse but that excuse only goes a certain way. She slept with 2 men out of spit, that can be forgiven, she burned the trailer (which is horrible and unforgivable in my book) but okay that can be excused as well. But she almost made Nick kill his best friend! she almost killed MONROE! If Hank wasn't there he could have died. How do you forgive that? And here is another one, she set Nick's mom up to get killed. it doesn't matter whether she knew or didn't know Kenneth would do that. The end result of her betrayal was Nick's mom's head in a box. so how do you forgive that? How do you move on from that and get back into a relationship? how would that work really "Remember honey that time you went crazy and got my mom's head chopped off and left it in a box? Good times" i mean really?! That doesn't happen in fairly tale or on Disney channel. love this show! Its captivating and fun and I really hope the writer's don't ruin it for me.
  • Juliette

I didn't like Julieltte's character from the beginning. I thought her character was very bland and not very likable. It felt like she was there just to be there. Her personality was very stuck up and I felt that she didn't really bring anything to Nick's character. I personally want Adalind and Nick to get together because I feel like she brings out more spark in him that Juliette never really gave.
  • juliet

I am glad she died... too much drama over there.... but maybe she will appear... i have this feeling
  • Julia

I think she isn't dead. There is a twist here somewhere.
  • Baby Diana

Ok have been a fan since day one but are you people serious about baby Diana missing her mother. Her mother is Adalind who they stole from her and gave her to a woman who abandon her own son. I'm so happy she got killed off and think of how pissed she's going to be when she finds out the truth that she was stolen from her real mother. 24 -episodes come-on I'm totally bored with this show. Juliette was a bad ass and get's killed off just when her character becomes entertaining, Can you please shorten the episodes it's just to many and it's well getting boring.
  • TRUBLE AND JULIETTE

I love truble great asset to the show do not kill her off. Juliette would be great if she came back as a spirit of some kind she was or is great, love her. I love all the men they are easy to look at very easy. I LOVE GRIMM I WILL BUY ALL THE SEASONS KEEP WRITING.
  • Don't thumb down just yet...

Based off the 1st ep, I felt like it was predictable, bland, and lacked a kicker. I feel like I could've wrote a better episode and crime isn't my forte in writing. But hopefully it improves. Maybe I'll binge watch it in the future and my opinion will be higher? I do wonder how lucky it was to survive on a fri night? When so many other cult/geeky/nerdy/fandom/sci fi shows on NBC get cancelled... >:0

1st ep (Oct 2011) NBC
  • Speak Clearly!!!

I love the show, but without subtitles they don't speak clearly enough to understand half the time. Incredibly frustrating, since it's mostly the main characters that don't enunciate.
  • The (x)itch ist dead!

I love this show - but Juliette was really getting more and more annoying with every episode.

Now the story can move on, I can finally enjoy the show again and I'm very much looking forward to the next season ;)

• So Sad!

Juliette was my favourite character from the beginning. She was no damsel in distress nor drama queen pondering on her bad luck and was prepared to face the hardships of being the significant other of a police officer.... But then comes along Adalind... Now I've read a lot of people blaming Nick for Juliette turning evil. But I think (just like her when Nick told him about being a Grimm) was flabbergasted and wasn't ready to accept it. I mean not was he only (in his eyes) changing completely Juliette's life because of him but also she was turning into the one Wessen he hates the most. And I would have been more than okay with Juliette being a Hexenbiest. Heck, it would have been awesome... If they did it correctly. Like her exploring her powers, She would have been more involved in Nick's world and not in complete disadvantage against Wessen opponents, Nick learning to accept them and stuff.

But no, she has this WTF complete make-over character. In Headache you would think that she finds some humanity before killing Kelly but noooo. And it kinda looks bad for the entire series, because Nick is such a different Grimm because he sees the humanity in the Wessens and that's how he acts. Not because they look different they are evil. But then Juliette goes Wessen and now she's bad?

And about Kelly's death.... Seasoned, bad ass, already-escaped-death-once Grimm goes without any background recognition, brings along the baby of doom (couldn't she find a nanny?) and dies in two minutes.

1. Why did she bring the baby in the first place???? She knows that bay is better left hidden and that it would be of little help if Nick was indeed in danger. (And most surely after all if he was in danger it would be connected to that kid's affairs).

2. Why didn't Diana, the all mighty one, do anything to save the one she considered her mother?

3. WTF is wrong with Diana being that big? It wasn't even one year since she was born and she looks 3-4 years old?

And the cherry on the top: Adalind pregnant with Nick's baby... they couldn't find a more soap-opera-ish turn could they? And making her all sympathetic and stuff... just nope.

It didn't make any sense! A whole season of her only wanting her powers and she was ready to drink that potion.... WHAAAT? That was so OOC.

I hope they put their act together for next season. They already turned my favourite female character onto some vindictive, over-the-top, cliche bitch. What else could go wrong?

BTW is not hate (as a lot of people seem to suggest on people displeased with the last events) but it's more like feeling disappointed. I'm having a really hard time finding TV series that I actually like and keep watching on a regular basis. Grimm is one of them. Now I'll keep watching with hopes that it gets better. I understand things change and evolve. But this was just wrong.

My rating would have had a way better rating if not for this last season.
  • What is going on?!

Been my #1 fave show since pilot, have been a die-hard fan ever since. The fantastic and clever writing, solid acting, ensemble cast, settings, have made Grimm a standout IMO. But the last few episodes have marked a SHARP departure from the previous quality of the writing, which has suddenly become oversimplified. I also feel it was a bad idea to write Kelly and especially Juliet out of the show--although maybe Adalind is going to eat her heart and eyeballs next season so she can get her powers back, and Juliet will return! mwahahahaha! IDK, the writers seem to have lost their previous flair for subtle complexity that kept me glued to each new episode. It kinda feels "broken" and a bit too contrived now, to quote rhino4. But I'll be there next season, just hoping it gets its groove back, it's been such a great show.
  • Assassin's Creed!

This season finale was AWESOME! Especially when Nick pulled out a hidden blade! I wonder if the Grimm Family worked with the Brotherhood in the past? Cause if they did, that would be AWESOME-SAUCE!
  • I want to see the vaguing of the Grimm!!!!!

almost all characters can vague, but why not the grimm? it's 4 seasons now so maybe it's time to reveal some hidden powers of a grimm
TNT