Grounded for Life

Hello, Goodbye

Aired Wednesday 8:30 PM Jan 28, 2005 on FOX

• Seemed more of a season finale.

This was the last episode of a great series. I didn't think that they tied loose ends that well, I mean there could be so many more plot lines after this. Too bad Henry didn't return for the series finale. Although, he was mentioned. Anyways, I feel like the made Walt have a fiance, and a baby on the way, seemed to rushed, as well as Eddie with Crazy Amy, that is just too ruched for something like this. Sean & Claudia's plot was stupendous! That tied things up I would think. Lilly & Brad's plot was okay, seemed like just another break up/make up to me. An amazing season finale, not so well as a series finale.
  • Claudia goes into labor on the same day that Lily and Brad graduate high school.

When a show is a cult hit like "Grounded for Life," it's hard to see it go. Everyone except Jake Burbage returns, but his character is mentioned. I really hated seeing this show go, but I'd have preferred seeing the series end with Eddie getting his due in court as Sean testifies against his brother for all his shenanigans, criminal behavior and atrocities to women and then see Sean getting his due by getting a million dollars for converting his life with Eddie into a series. Wait a second, that's almost the last episode of "Seinfeld." Maybe that idea can be used in a reunion movie. Overall, the last episode is par for the series, but... I just didn't want to see it go. It was just too quick and too short for such a talented ensemble of actors.
  • Not a bad way to go.

7.6
    Though this series was always a little touch and go for me it did have a good amount of appeal, and even now I find myself rewatching reruns quite a bit. This wasn't a bad way to end the show either. We got everything kind of resolved, though there wasn't much that actually needed resolving. And the newest kid in the pack was born, kind of cliche but they did a little comedy with it which was a nice change of pace instead of the corny fade out on baby with whole family (which they snuck in on us none the less).
  • Everything ends up wrapped in a neat little bow and of course a good bow involves twists.

This was a good way to end the show. Lily is graduating, Claudia is 9 months pregnant. I thought it was pretty funny with the five month jump.

Sean convinces Lily to pull a prank. It seemed perfect for the Finnerty clan. So of course everything goes to pieces when the execution of the plan takes place. Claudia goes into labor, so everyone has to leave and it messes up leaving Lily looking like a fool one last time before the show ends.

Walt appears and acts like he hasn't been gone for a while. There is a reference to Henry being "around here somewhere". It's very awkward, I would rather you just not mention him at this point than to make some unfunny joke about his whereabouts.

Walt has been dating a girl for the past 7 months. Not only that but they are engaged and she's pregnant!

I didn't understand the Rose Titanic reference. I mean seriously was it supposed to be older than the date of airing? I haven't thought of Titanic ina few years and the first thing that pops in my head at the sound of the name Rose is not "Titanic".

IT definitely gave the show a sense of finality. I mena you can see life is going to go on for the Finnertys but you can tell this is the last time you are going to see them.
  • Brad and Lily are going out. Lily is going to pull an awesome prank then her mom goes into labor so it kind of messes up the prank they were going to pull.

I thought it was funny and good. with the name rose they all fought over and were saying like the movie Titanic yeah. well I thought it was hillarious and I hope they continue to make more seasons because this show is awesome.I can't wait though to see what happens next.
  • I guess it was okay.

7.1
    Not the best episode they could have written a better ending to a great show. I loved Lily's dance Sean should have told her was leaving at least. I'm glad Lily and Brad didn't break up like so many predicted. They are a great couple. No offense to the show but wouldn't a couple that was married so young and had a baby so young probably be divorced of have more fights b/c in the normal world that's how it would have been.