Grounded for Life

Love Child

Aired Wednesday 8:30 PM May 23, 2001 on FOX

• Season 1 Finale

A suitable finale for Grounded for Life here. It was a great look back on how Claudia got pregnant, and why the two decided to wait to get married after they had their firstborn.

Grounded for Life has had flashbacks before, but this episode was more focused on them, with Lilly finding out that she was born before the wedding. Lilly's reaction to this was quite unrealistic and I couldn't find her reasoning in getting mad because her parents had her out of wedlock. It was quite an overreaction, but that's Lilly for you, I guess.

Eddie with Amy, was a great introduction to the Amy character, only because she has a great impact on the show in the later seasons. Overall a very funny episode, even though we did get a cliche ending, Grounded for Life managed to pull off some emotions, which this show seems to have a problem of doing on some occasions.
  • Season finale

This episode is a classic. Everyone's reactions fit so well with their characters. For example, Eddie behaved exactly as we expect him to with the bridesmaid situation. Then, Sean acts like a typical high school senior in the flashbacks when he finds out Claudia is pregnant. Lily throws her usual tantrum when she finds out her parents weren't married when she was born. The boys are characteristically immature, taking pictures of guests' backsides. A great ending to a great first season!