Growing Pains Forums

ABC (ended 1992)

Season 2 on dvd?

ilovebooth

[1]Apr 29, 2007
    • level: 2
    is season 2 ever coming out??? ive been waiting and nothings been updated! i ve been checking tvshowsondvd.com but nothing has been coming up on growing pains. any news on upcoming season on dvd?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Horselover1

[2]Apr 29, 2007
    • level: 18
    I think someone posted on another thread that there aren't they heard there aren't any plans to release any of the other seasons (at least not at this time). It's in the thread about Nick at Nite. I hope the producers will change their minds!

teenagersrule15

[3]Apr 29, 2007
    • level: 6
    Well gee, that's stupid, considering that Growing Pains has 8 seasons and they have only released 1! I mean it's like giving a person cereal and milk but no bowl!

jekyll

[5]May 4, 2007
    • level: 86

Clearly one (or both) of two factors are coming into play:

1. It's getting lost in the shuffle with other, slightly better know and beloved shows. In spite of its long run, I think it's very easy to forget this show compared to others like Cosby, Roseanne, Wonder Years and such. People only have x money to buy DVD sets, and are opting for other choices. Or...
    2. There's just not a nostalgia factor for it at all. Even on cable, (basically free) I'd guess it's not faring too well. Ion recently dropped it's 7:00 two-a-nights. Now Nick-at-Nite has all but dropped its late night airings, too, as within two weeks they went from two-a-nights, to merely once a night this past week, and sometime in the middle of this week they seem to have made a sudden decision to make it four nights only (I only noticed since some episodes I had set for this weekend suddenly dropped from my DVR scheduler, and imbd shows no Sat/Sun airings, either). Clearly, no matter what the channel or time, people aren't watching.

As far as DVDs, if the first season didn't sell well, Warner Bros. clearly isn't going to bother with other sets, especially if they didn't turn a profit.

Edited on 05/04/2007 8:16am

Cola-Man07

[6]May 8, 2007
    i got season 1 on dvd and now i want season, you know!!

Cola-Man07

[7]May 8, 2007
    i got season 1 on dvd and now i want season 2, you know!!

Horselover1

[8]May 9, 2007
    • level: 18
    If you haven't already done this, go to www.tvshowsondvd.com & vote for Growing Pains. I don't know if it will help bring season 2 to DVD, but it couldn't hurt.

I'm really upset ION removed both the episodes of GP from their schedule. I used to watch both every week day night, and I really miss it!

Charmedlover814

[9]May 18, 2007
    • level: 6

Horselover1 wrote:
    If you haven't already done this, go to www.tvshowsondvd.com & vote for Growing Pains. I don't know if it will help bring season 2 to DVD, but it couldn't hurt. I'm really upset ION removed both the episodes of GP from their schedule. I used to watch both every week day night, and I really miss it!

whats the url for the exact voting spot??

aragaban

[10]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 1
    if you want vote for the release of gp just full 2 details here and is done, please we just need your vote
    http://www.petitiononline.com/0003856/petition.html

and if you have time, use friends' mail , relatives' mail, and mail of everybody, we need join around 1000 signs.. and we have only 74
    so if you really want growing pains on dvd please vote here

SillySophie

[11]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    I'm really surprised that this show didn't sell well. I thought it was popular when it aired, but maybe it is a case of out of sight, out of mind. I hope if we wait long enough then Warner Bros. or whoever will sell the rights to Shout! Factory. This is definitely Shout! worthy.

eaglewisher

[12]May 7, 2010
    • level: 4
    It says on Wikipedia that season 2 is scheduled to release in 2011