Growing Pains Forums

ABC (ended 1992)

Tracey Gold's leave of absence from the show due to her eating disorder

augustagirl_ga

[1]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 1

Can anyone tell me what season Tracey Gold took her leave of absence due to her eating disorder? I tried going through looking episode by episode, but didn't find a significant gap anywhere.  I remember that she had to take time off because she was nothing but skin and bones, and I also remember an episode with "Luke" where Ben made a video tape to send to her, I just can't figure out when her sabatical was. 

Thanks guys!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Vinss-T

[2]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 5
    season 7. i just looked through the episodes myself to double check.
    "honest abe" is the first carol-free ep, she came back once in "menage a luke", then off again, and back till the finale starting with "the wrath of con ed".

jww047

[3]Sep 24, 2007
    • level: 16
    did they ever mention her eating disorder in the show, or does she talk about it anywhere online?

TVAddict1987

[4]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 12
    jww047 wrote:
    did they ever mention her eating disorder in the show, or does she talk about it anywhere online?

The only time it was addressed was at the end of one episode(not sure which one)the screen said "We Miss You Tracey" or something like that. Her eating disorder would not have been mentioned in the show because it was not part of the storyline. I have no idea if she talks about it online, maybe she has a web site.

mermayd

[5]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 19
    It's in series 7 when Carol goes to study in London. The episode is Don't go changing. Ben makes a video to send to Carol in London and it finishes with the family waving and saying they miss her - and then there is text over the top saying they miss Tracey.

SillySophie

[6]Sep 6, 2010
    • level: 9

jww047 wrote:
    Tracey has talked publicly about her eating disorder many times. She had a People magazine cover back when her struggles became public. Here is a link to that story. www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20112059,00.html

antdude

[7]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 27
    SillySophie wrote:

jww047 wrote:
    Tracey has talked publicly about her eating disorder many times. She had a People magazine cover back when her struggles became public. Here is a link to that story. www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20112059,00.html

Ironic, she has to see a psychiatrist in real-life.