Growing Pains Forums

ABC (ended 1992)

What was your favorite episode?

80stvfan

[1]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 7
    My all time favorite episode of Growing Pains was the one where Mike buys a car.  I believe it was a birthday gift or something.  I'm a car nut, but this episode sticks out in my mind for a few reasons.  I love the fact that Dr. and Mrs Seaver bought him a strange little roadster not probably known to Growing Pains younger fans.  They bought him a black Fiat Spider.  I love the way this preticular car looks, and the fact that they are so rare now.  I love how they take it for a spin, and it breaks down in true obscure automotive fashion. Here is the kicker though, I love how earlier in the night, they stop by the back alley of a restaurant, and Ben places an order by banging a code on the back door and it comes out perfectly.  Last but certianly not least, is when the car breaks down, and Mike and his friend Boner are the only ones strong enough to push it.  So, Mike tells Ben to get in the car and pop the clutch when he says so.  They get the car rolling, and Ben pops the clutch,  much to his horror, the car takes off and leaves Mike and Boner in the dust.  Well, poor Ben doesn't know how to stop it, and has to wait for it to stall again to stop.  When it does eventually stop, Ben is relieved, but he is also scared because he is too young to have a drivers liscense, and a cop pulls up behind him.  HA HA HA! LOL!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chovez

[2]Jan 9, 2007
    • level: 18
    Mine is "Do you believe in magic?" That one is HILARIOUS.

VGFreak8

[3]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 53
    chovez wrote:
    Mine is "Do you believe in magic?" That one is HILARIOUS.

I really liked that one too!

sllimeeda

[4]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 8
    I have a bunch of favorites.  I really liked the ones where they went to Hawaii.  I really liked the one where Sandy dies.  And also the one with cocaine.  I think my favorite has to be the one where Julie breaks up with Mike.  Good stuff!

wikiman48

[5]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 19
    I also really liked the one with the cocain. Kirk Camron did a really god job acting in that episode.

Horselover1

[6]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 18
    I'm not sure if these would be my favorites, but I really like the episodes that were about Mike & Luke.

drc9396

[7]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 1

I have so many favorite shows it's hard to pick from. But, I really like the ones that feature Jason & Maggie (Alan & Joanna).

TVAddict1987

[8]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 12

I do have some favs, one being where Sandy dies, I also like the carnival episode from S 2, and all of the Christmas episodes.

Does anyone know which episode one of the kids hide liver or something in the basket by the dining table????????

sorellifan510

[9]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 4

my favorite episodes are:

-Carol's Article

-Superdad!

-Mike's Madonna Story

-Dream Lover

-Carnival

-In Carol We Trust

-Second Chance-top fav!

-Carol Meets the Real World

-Teach Me

-Carol's Promotion

-Ed We Hardly Knew Ye

-In Vino Veritas

cwprincss

[10]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 6
    sllimeeda wrote:
    I have a bunch of favorites.  I really liked the ones where they went to Hawaii.  I really liked the one where Sandy dies.  And also the one with cocaine.  I think my favorite has to be the one where Julie breaks up with Mike.  Good stuff!

Wow, you and I share the exact same favorite episodes. I cry every time I watch the one when Sandy dies. The cocaine episode I can remember watching when it originally aired. I loved how Growing Pains tackled such sensitive subjects. It's ashame we don't have other comedies like this on tv today.

SillySophie

[11]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    One of my favorite episodes was the one where Mike, Carol, and Ben were home alone one night while Maggie and Jason were out. Mike and Carol broke a lamp, glued Ben's butt to the coffee table, broke the end table while trying to get Ben free, and then sanded a gigantic hole in the coffee table with an electric sander.

About the cocaine episode that some others have mentioned. I always remember Mike coming home and Jason giving him the phone message that "Boner and Eddie didn't go to the bathroom, and they don't want to."