Growing Pains

ABC (ended 1992)

CaptainMidnight

Growing Pains Fan Reviews (40)

• Okay show.

This was a show that was basically a show in which I watched if there wasn't anything else on the television set. I don't think it was at all bad, just kind of boring. I like most of the 90's shows, so this falls in that category. The best aspect of the show is the characters. They all seemed to blend in rather well, but I must say that they kind of got boring at times. Generally, I think that a show like this is rather bland at times, but compared to the shows today, Growing Pains is a decent show. Thank you.
  • Takes me back to the 80s!

The eighties were a great decade and that wished that we all can go back to that decade of youth. And decade where all innocence were there. It starred Canadian Alan Thicke as a father of three with Joanna Kearns as Maggie, his loving and understanding wife. Kirk Cameron as the fun-loving prankster son Mike, the oldest of the three. Tracey Gold as brainy Carol, who would leave in the end of the show to deal with her real-life anoxeria. And Jeremy Miller as equally prankster son Ben. The show brings back a lot of childhood and wished that we could have parents like that. As I grew up in a family of three. The youngest of an older sister and brother.
  • For all Time the best TV Show. French website of the TV serie : http://www.growingpains.fr

Excellent !!! What a great TV serie ! Thanks a lot for unbeleavables moments to Alan, Joanna, Kirk, Travey, Jeremy and Ashley and the others actors. We'll love You for ever ! :)
    Need NOW the Growing Pains Saison 2 in DVD !!!! :)
    We have a great pleasure to see all yours adventures in the first season, but now, we are wating for the NEXT ! How much time before the release ! It's too long ! I hope that the Warner will hear all the fans ! Growing pains for ever, growing pains rules the TV !

French web site : www.growingpains.fr
  • Growing Pains was about a family of five who lived on Long Island, New York. Jason Seaver, a psychiatrist, who had his practice at home. Maggie, his wife, was a journalist who worked for the Long Island newspaper and later got a job as the news anchor.

I use to watch this show everyday pretty much or when it came on and I caught it on television. The series was about a family that went though everyday issues ans sometimes non-everyday issues. Anyway, this movie was good for the whole family to watch and I think it use to air on Disney Channel. I am glad I was able to watch this series. If anybody go looking for this series then all the luck to you. I can not wait until they air another old series because it might being it back on the television like some shows I heard about.
  • nice show for the family. totally 80s. Predecessor of Seventh Heaven.

Good show. Funny but more of if you wanna reminsice or be nostalgic about the 80s. This was in the prime or heart of the 80s. Very good show. Lots of lessons to be learned. Kirk Cameron (sister of Candace Cameron from Full House) was so hott. So was ben seaver! Carol was a nerd but she was smart and it got her far! The wife and dad were nice too but a bit strict but it's cool since that's how their lived in the 80s back then. Well, I've got nothing else to write, but it has to be 100 words long so...
  • A classic show!

The Seavers are a modern family with everyday problems. I loved this show. It was always hilarous and a guilty pleasure in the 90's. Mike Seaver, the charming trouble maker, was the cutest boy toy at that time. Carol, the nerdy sister, was the character that I related to most. We both are the " middle child". It was always a blast. I enjoyed watching the show whenever it comes. I loved the series and furthermore, the movies. The movies were terrific and did not do any harm to the series. Overall, this show was great while it lasted. Great classic!! !!
  • Watched it before and it was ok.

I have heard about this show from other people on here, and tv and in general. I watch Full House, so I know about Kirk and Candace Cameron. I have also heard of most of the rest of the cast, including the father, Joanna Kerns, Tracey Gold, and Kirk Cameron. I watched just one episode late at night when I was not that tired but not too energetic and it was still hilarious and I wasn't that tired because I was laughing too much. However, a lot of the jokes were ok, I just find different things to be funny or joke than others.

Growing Pains is good and I would like to watch some other episodes.
  • This is the best show on Earth.

Terrific program! Ahhhhhhhhh! I´m gona die if you keep trashing it! What´s wrong with you people?! It´s really underrated, having an avg. score of 8.6?! And it keeps decreasing!!! At least 9.0, the minimum. It is better than ANY show. I´m really dissapointed of you Americans. All my family loved it.
    It was amazing, of the best to ever happen on TV. It was a unique show with a great humor. And also the funniest sitcom. Anyways, it was so funny and cleverly made. Jason Seaver, being the father was the most important character on the show. He was psychiatric, who works in home. He was vey funny and a great father.
    There´s also Maggie Seaver, the mom. She was a good mother, you know the usual role of a mother.
    Mike Seaver, who takes all the credits of the show. Kirk Cameron. Well, he was the funniest. With a Great personality.
    Carol Seaver, the smart of the family. She was very funny, and kinda nerd.
    Benjamin Seaver, he started with the role of a silly little brother, like Mike at his ages. Also there was other characters.
    Growing pains was a masterpiece. I´m still not getting enough of this.
    It develops with a long from 1985-1992. Eight years in the life of the Seavers. They grew, all the characters got older, and dealt with life. The adolescence, the childhood, and the way to beacame to the adult age.
    Think whatever you want rare people, I think this.
    What an excellent show is GROWING PAINS!
  • This show is a Classic!

Growing Pains is a 80's show but now people watch the reruns and they still love the show. I watch the show on I and on Nick at Nite and I just have to say I love the show and I have the First season on dvd. All kinds of people can relate to the show i think thats why Dramas/Comedy's last so long all kinds of people relate, teens, adults, young adults, elders, It's still an awesome show and they ended it about 15 years ago and i havent lived that long yet. hahaha! sorry anyway, i love growing pains
  • What a great show!!

This is a very funny show. The characters were really good for their parts. Everything is really good. Every episode managed to get a laugh out of someone, while focusing on a different subject everytime. Some subjects are more serious than others, but it was still a great show! It is definitely a clean, funny show, that should be brought back. They have already made 2 great reunion movies. It is a show that you could look forward to watching with everyone. Though, it still airs in reruns, it should be brought back with new storylines. It is a show that is and always be really funny!!
  • A family with 2 parents and 3 kids goes through the trials and tribulations of life with laughs along the way.

I loved this show when I started watching it when it was on nick at nite a long time ago and I love it even more now. I am so happy that growing pains is back on television. I adore this show and all the characters. It makes me laugh and it can make me cry. The theme song is awesome. I sing to it every time it comes on and then I listen to it about 3 more times on the internet. Mike is so funny, carol is smart and has an endearing quality to her, and Ben is the funny little brother. I love this show.
  • I love this show!

This is a great family show! It is a typical family living in New York. Alan Thicke plays the father, Jason Seaver. He is a psychiarist. He has a wife, Maggie, who is played by Joanna Kerns, and four kids. The oldest is Mike, played by Kirk Cameron. Then there's Carol, who is played by Tracey Gold. Ben is up next, who is played by Jeremy Miller. Last, but not least is Chrissie who is played by Ashley Johnson and twins, Kelsey and Kirsten Dohring. This family has everyday problems and even out of the ordinary problems. They have great family and friends and it teaches great life lessons. Growing Pains is one of my favorite TV shows and it gets a 10!
  • an ok show for its time!

7.3
    This show is ok but like others I remember this show so much differently years back. I guess I was young, I don\'t know. It is still a decent show but has some cookiness to it, look at the father a psychiatrist as to how he raises his children as you can find some humor here that is where it doesn\'t belong sometimes. Sometimes the shows were really good and unforgettable like the episode where carols boyfriend dies, that touched my heart but it had it\'s fallbacks on some of the episodes.
  • A wonderful family show.

I wonder where all the family shows like this went? Nowadays there is almost nothing you can sit down and watch with your children on regular TV. Even in the early hours of the evening most of the shows are unsuitable for family viewing. I wonder why those in programing can't give the hours of 7-8 to family shows, just one hour, just a few times a week! I'm not old, and I can remember growing up there was at least one family show (sitcom) on almost every night. I have some great memories of laughing while watching shows with my family. It would be great to create some of those same memories with my own family.
  • Another Tv family better than yours.

I think that if it wasn't for Mike Seaver, this show would have been simply good, but with his help, it is one of the best sitcoms ever. I am not saying the rest of the characters are boring, they are very special too, but Mike Seaver is the engne that keeps this show running. Most of the episodes revolve around him and his unusual ways of dealing with life issues. I also like Ben Seaver a lot and i feel more related to him. The whole family has that special touch that makes it go far beyond other sitcoms. To me it is the family many people would hav eliked to be part of.
  • "Groin Pains" thats what some guy I used to know called it. Could never say the W and the G.

It was a decent show and I did watch it up until the very end but looking back it was kind of a cookie cutter 80s sitcom family. The blow dried 80s Professional Dad, the somewhat hot Mom with poofy 80s hair, the studly older brother who strutted around trying to score, the attractive somewhat younger sister whom the older brother always fought with and a younger wisecracking sibling. It was basically alot like Family Ties except the parents werent aging hippies and the younger sibling was a boy instead of a girl.

Reruns of this show recently began and I watched a few. I was left with a feeling like I had just been to the dentist and spent 30 minutes reading a magazine. It seemed better when I originally watched it during the late 80s.
  • this show is really good

wow it been like 10 years ago since i saw this show i came to usa in 1992 and when i watch disney channel for the first this show was on it. i come home from school and watch this show air at 3pm or something and then a reapet at night. now i want to this show again on tv how it was in the old times. this show is so funny and cool and it a great family show. tell us how to grow up on things and stuff. that why the call it growing pains
  • The Seavers

Mike, Carol, and Ben were probably my favorite kids in the world. The whole family was great, but I really loved the kids in particular. Especially when the added the young and very precocious Luke (aka Leonardo Decaprio) with no real sold explination but I still loved him. Mike was probably my favortie character, though as time went by Kirk Cameron's life style changes conflicted a little with the characters actions he was still the adorable "bad boy" Mike Seaver we all known and loved.
  • Seavers were a loving family!

I liked the way this family functioned. They had a few hard times, but their humor and care for each other was the most prevalent thing. The only really annoying thing about this show was the youngest daughter Chrissy. She was a bit of a know it all, but besides her-the rest of the children fit perfectly well . Mike was the classic 80's prankster; always up to some scheme or another (in the tradition of Ferris Bueller, Alex Keaton and other 80's sons). Tracee Gold, again, was perfect as the older/bossy sister and the middle brother was a great smart alec. Even watching episodes these days, in reruns, I'm still entertained by this family.
  • i love this show!

this show rox my sox!Ben just so happens to be my favourite character!my favourite episode was when Ben got tonsilitis and he has to go for surgery it was so funny!...and the time when somebody robbed the seavers..i found that funny too!well i have not much to say but this show is cool!
  • bring it back please........

If you compar me as a person to this show you would see no conection but my life and this show is so connected like iremember watching ths on disney and laughing and sighing maybe the occasional crying but thats how real it was my favorite episode was the whole series because like i know it's a different show different race and all but it reminds me of fammily matters lol but no lie like the plots messages and every thing are so similar but then again my opion lolbut yeah i've seen the finaly it was aight but it didn't cover the whole show you know what i mean?
  • A great show that was a must see for kids growing up in the 80's

Growing up in the 80's a kid watched among other things, Growing Pains and Who's the Boss.... Guys wanted to be like Mike (hmm is that wehere They got that for Jordon?) and loved Samanatha, and the girls Loved Mike and wated to be friends with Sam...
    Aylssa Milano and Kirk Cameron were two of the biggest kids stars of the 80's and unlike many childhood actors they did not fall to drugs and alcohol. In fact Kirk is heavly into religion these days and has his own website about his religion and Alyssa is still a hugh Actress on TV. Growing pains for me was just like real life in that I had friends like Mikes and a friend with a family pretty close to his tv family. It was just a refreshing show that kids today can't appreciate but kids back then loved.
  • This show is and was wonderful. Bring it back!!

This show is and was wonderful. Bring it back!! Today, I was watching E! true hollywood story.. I was disappointed to find out that the writers quit after false accusations. I miss this show so much, and I grew up watching this. This is one of my all time favorite shows.

I think that the reunion specials are boring.. I want to see this who come back for good.. maybe when the three kids have children themselves or something along those lines. I miss watching this amazing show.. and I know a lot of other people feel the same way. Bring Back Growing Pains, Please!
  • A perfect family

A perfect family as I know, a family I was longing to have, but now, I am going to build my own like Seavers. The drama takes people to think more about life and family. When you really need help, family is there for you. I got good parents, and will be a good dad and build my own perfect family now. I think this drama is successful, not only it got a lot of people to enjoy it, but a lot of people are trying to learn from it and get a better life, a better relation, a stronger family tie through watching this beautiful family drama.
    As their song below,

Show me that smile again, (Oh, show me that smile)
    Don't waste another minute on your cryin',
    We're nowhere near the end (We're no where near)
    The best is ready to begin.
    As long as we've got each other,
    We got the world spinnin' right in our hands,
    Baby you and me, we gotta be,
    The luckiest dreamers who never keep dreaming.
    As long as we keep on givin'
    We can take anything that comes our way
    Baby, rain or shine
    All the time
    We got each other
    Sharin' the laughter and love
  • What a great old comedy. This show should come back and teach some lessons to today's youth.

What a great old comedy. This show should come back and teach some lessons to today's youth. Alan Thicke not only stared in the show as Dr. Jason Roland Seaver, but also wrote the theme song. he has written many TV theme songs over the years. His wife Maggie was played by Joanna Kerns. She is also the sister of an Olympic swimmer. the two kids that were the biggest stars were Kirk Cameron who played Mike and Tracey Gold who played Carol. Leonardo DiCaprio also had a small role on the show. The show was very funny and everything worked really well.

• Another great 1980's family comedy.

What a great old family comedy. This show should come back and teach some lessons to today's younger generation. Alan Thicke not only stared in the show as Dr. Jason Roland Seaver, but also wrote the theme song. He has written many TV theme songs over the years. His wife Maggie was played by Joanna Kerns. She is also the sister of an Olympic swimmer. the two kids that were the biggest stars were Kirk Cameron who played Mike and Tracey Gold who played Carol. Tracey later had a well publicized eating disorder but i think she got help and is fine today.Leonardo DiCaprio also had a small role on the show. The show was very funny and everything worked really well. A very, very funny show. It is worth your time to watch.
  • so funny

One of the best shows from the 80's
    Admit it- everyone back then loved Kirk Cameron!
    The whole show covered everything! Kind of like a modern day 1/2 hr epi of 7th Heaven- but much more funny, even though it had serious parts. I loved this show. The Cosby show was right up there with it!
  • Growing nice stuff...

I used to love watching Growing Pains, I watched all the show, like no other show, I just love Joanna Kern's character. Ben is the best, his life was full of weird and strange things, however, his jokes were the best ones. I miss this family so much. They're awesome...
  • Sometimes good, sometimes bad

Growing Pains was a successful ABC sitcom about the Seaver family making their way through life. Jason and Maggie Seaver, two loving parents, raising their three children: Mike Seaver, the troublesome teenager, Carol Seaver, the brainy middle child, and Ben Seaver, the cute youngest son. Jason, a psychiatrist, works out of his house and takes care of the children so that his wife, Maggie, can pursue her career in journalism.

As the years go by, many changes occur. Mike graduates high school and begins class at Alf Landon Community College, at which time he proceeds to move out, but only to live above the garage. Maggie gets pregnant and gives birth to another daughter, Chrissy and switches roles with Jason as she decides to stay home with the kids while he moves his practice to an actual office. The Seavers also take in a troubled young homeless boy by the name of Luke in the final season
  • Wow, I miss this show!

I remember coming home from school and watching this on the Disney channel. I really think I only watched it because my sisters would always watch it, then I grew to watch myself. Seriously now, Mike had a friend named Boner, and Chrissie had a dream that the rest of the family were having a party after she went to bed, seeing Luke jump off the bannister to open a bag of patato chips was always great. I love the show.
< 1 2