Growing Up Creepie Forums

Saturday 12:00 AM on Discovery Channel KidsIn Season

does anyone know when the new season starts?

sebetai

[1]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 19
    i believe we've had 26 episodes making two seasons. so the next episode will be the season 3 premeire. unfortunatly i don't know when they will start. there was a link that led to the discovery kids site with the episodes airing, but i don't think it works anymore. last time i used it it said it might have been taken down or moved. if nayone knows somewhere they list the upcoming episodes or the discovery kids website link please add them the links section (i think that's what it's called, if it's still there).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lord_Malachite

[2]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 4

Sadly, there may not be a third season. It's too early to tell. Mike Young Productions and Taffy Entertainment, the primary companies that produce and distribute the series, have already fulfilled their obligation to Creepie. The original order was for 52 episodes--but each 15 minute segment is considered one episode, so the order has been filled and delivered. In order for a third season to materialize, either Discovery or Nickelodeon (which runs the show in other markets) would have to place an order. The chances of this happening now are completely up in the air. Creepie performed much better than she was expected to for edutainment, which is both a blessing and a curse. The good news is that it puts her in demand, but the bad news means that the demand might actually scare off investment in further episodes as this almost always leads to a price increase.

Did you know that each 15 minute episode of Growing Up Creepie costs approximately $300,000 to make? That's actually very cheap for animation, but think about it. If you won the lottery for a million dollars, you would have maybe enough money to fund three 15 minute episodes of Creepie. Scary, isn't it?

Assuming that Discovery is either planning to order, or has already ordered, another season of episodes for Creepie, it's unlikely that we'll be seeing them for awhile, at least not until into 2009. I've scoured the web looking for information on Creepie's renewal or cancellation and come up with nothing, so I'm guessing that the decision hasn't been made yet either way. All we can do now is sit and wait...and hope.

Joe-kun

[3]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 5

In this case, no news is good news, I think. I doubt Discovery Kids would just DROP it - I was watching the end of Tutenstein tonight (While waiting for Creepie, of course) and the credits said that the episode was from '04. So even if we don't get new episodes, we can at least enjoy re-runs.

Also - $300,000?! WOW. ... How can one little flash 'toon cost so much?!

Edited on 10/14/2008 10:35pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Lord_Malachite

[4]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    Barring some kind of issue over rights, Creepie is in little danger of being dropped by Discovery Kids. Even if no further episodes are made, she should languish in reruns for years to come. But the idea is that we want new episodes to be ordered. There's really no closure to the series, and when it comes time for the series to end, I'd prefer it to be with something of a milestone event, like Creepie's graduation. I certainly wouldn't give up hope on new episodes of Creepie--at least not until we hear from all parties involved. The fact that there's really know news at all could indicate the negotiations are underway.

Animation in all forms is expensive. Flash is the cheapest way to go, but even so, there's a lot of overhead. The flash tools used in TV animation need to be a lot better than what the average person would upload to You Tube. It also requires some genuine talent. Good flash animators need to be hired. A staff of writers needs to be involved. Cleanups, the director and producer, editing, in-betweeners, people who do the transferring--these and many others all rack up expenses. And of course, there's the voice actors, that are generally paid by the word. And then there's music, sound effects, I could go on forever. Everything for Creepie is done as cheaply as possible, but the expenses still add up. Now you see how it gets up to $300,000!

Joe-kun

[5]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    Yeah, now I do see. Wow.

The series can't just end - We need a Creepie and Budge romance thing goin' on before that happens.

I'm a romantic, so sue me.

Coco94

[6]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 7
    I think it's just absents in between seasons. It takes a long time to produce episodes. And Creepie's getting pretty popular, so the money they make on DVDs should help with the budget. So, I say new episodes will start next year. They wouldn't end it just like that. I mean, it JUST got popular, they need to give it a few more episodes to determine what they'll do with it.
    I'm a fan of Tutenstein, which has been canceled for about a year, yet they're making a TV movie which I'm assuming is serving as the series finale. So, if Creepie is ending, they'll give us a series finale.