Welcome to the Growing Up Gotti page at TV.com. My name is studog2961, I am currently the Editor for this page. First I would like to remind all users that the UnOfficial FAQ and the Official FAQ provide a lot of information that is useful. The FAQ’s can both be found on the Support & Users Submission Questions forum.
Please note that I may add things on occasion; please check back to see if anything new has been added
I am going to explain what you can expect from me and what I expect from you.
1. Any submission either rejected or accepted will have my name on it.
2. If the submission is rejected I will explain why and copy and paste your submission into the comments box.
3. If you plan on changing something within an episode do it all at once. For example if there are errors in spelling, grammar or any other errors fix them all and explain what you did. DO NOT try to game the system, I will not put up with it.
4. If you copy and paste from another site (plagiarism) it will be rejected and you will be reported.
5. If you feel you have been unfairly treated, please PM me and I will explain more so why I did what I did.
6. Please use spell check. Errors made in spelling and grammar can and will be rejected.
7. Please use the proper formatting for the site and the pages you are contributing to.
8. DO NOT use page breaks just use the ‘return key’.
9. If I am going to be away from the computer for more than 24 hours check my blog. I will put something there.
Please use the ‘Comments’ box to be as specific as possible.
I am going to address some guideless for contributing to this guide. These are for the most part taken from the FAQ.
Quotes: I want quotes to be word-for-word. The site wide formula is what is expected on the show pages I edit. For example:
(Dog is saying this to onlookers as he places the fugitive in handcuffs)
Dog: If you’re selling dope, this is what you are gonna get...thus says the Dog.
*Not using the proper formatting can and will result in rejection.
Goofs: Goofs go in the trivia section of the episode guide. The only difference from the site policy and what I would like is I would like to have the goof titled as such. See the following example:
Goof: Once Ili is brought into the episode her hair keeps changing. It goes from a braid to a ponytail many times.
Allusions: The site wide formula is what is expected on this page please be specific.
Trivia: This is where the goofs section is (see above). Trivia is defined by the FAQ as: Trivia is any small detail that might not be known to people who view an episode. Trivia is attached at the episode level, not the show level. It should be specific to what aired in the episode and not deal with off-camera events, which should be submitted in the "notes" form. A car license-plate number is trivia, and a producer walking off the set is a note.
Notes: Notes are defined by the FAQ as: Notes are off-camera tidbits about an episode. They should contain off-camera events that deal with a show's production. They should not deal with on-camera events or trivia.
Like I said most of the information provided here is written in the FAQ of the site.
One think I would like to take a moment to talk about is Spoilers. I do not want spoilers posted in the episode page. For example do not try to edit the episode summary and add a spoiler. Episode spoilers are supposed to be vague, per TV.com policy.
I am all about uniform. If you have a question please PM me, but remember I have a life outside of TV.com. I am on the site a lot but not every waking moment. So please give me at least 24 hours to respond to a PM, if the site is experiencing problems try sending it again.
I think that about sums it up. Please enjoy your visit to this page and thanks for taking the time to read my guidelines.