Growing Up Gotti Forums

A&E (ended 2005)

Growing Up Gotti not picked up!

studog2961

[1]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 55
    From what I can find Growing Up Gotti has not been picked up by A&E for another season. This is not 100% but I keep finding the same answer. I will continue to wait for official word from A&E!

Growing Up Gotti canceled.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ladybritcomfan

[2]Jan 7, 2006
    • level: 36
    I'm not suprised. Like I wrote in my review for this show, it went downhill fast. The first season was fine, but then they brought Robert on there. He was such an annoying know-it-all. He knew all about furs, he knew all about what goes on in a recording studio. Give me a break!

Another thing that bothered me was Victoria Gotti. She showed too much favoritism towards Robert over Luigi. Luigi had been associated with the family since the Gotti boys were little (as shown in the home movies from the Christmas show). She asked Robert to join her on the skiing trip but didn't ask Luigi. You could tell his feelings were hurt when he was telling one of Victoria's friends, or maybe it was her sister that he wasn't invited. It was okay for Robert to smoke in the house, but GOD FORBID Luigi smoke in the house. Another thing I didn't like was when she fired one of her assistants in front of Robert. That was something she should have done one on one. And when she yelled at Jeff for keeping a guest waiting at the airport, Robert had to put his 2 cents in. Who cares if he would have been ******** up a storm if he had been waiting at the airport for an hour and a half? I wouldn't care. If he ******* at me I would have made his ass walk home.

stillcountry

[3]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 5
    studog2961 wrote:
    From what I can find Growing Up Gotti has not been picked up by A&E for another season. This is not 100% but I keep finding the same answer. I will continue to wait for official word from A&E!

Growing Up Gotti canceled.

I liked this show and I hate that it was cancelled. I hope they issue it on DVD

studog2961

[4]Jan 9, 2006
    I am sure it will come out on DVD sooner or later!

I did not even catch the show until the second season. I have not seen the first season yet...but I am sure I will. I agree that it did go down hill and the whole Robert issue...well he is a bit nerve racking. I liked Luigi...he was kinda funny.

We shall see what happens with the DVD. I am still waiting for an official word from A&E.

ladybritcomfan

[5]Jan 9, 2006
    • level: 36
    You missed the best part. The first season was the best. Especially the episodes where John gets a tattoo and the famous "hair gel" episode.

studog2961

[6]Jan 13, 2006
    I have heard and read a lot of the "hair gel" I hope to catch it on reruns!