Guiding Light

Ep. #15758

Aired Weekdays 3:00 PM Sep 15, 2009 on CBS

• Guiding Light will always be remembered with my mother and I. It is not a show that we could just stop watching to do something else. I remember my mother scheduled appointments around this show so we could watch the show on time. Doctors, Dentist etc.

I have been watching Guiding Light since I was 14, sitting on the couch beside my mother. I cannot think of any episode that I didn't enjoy. We took the show for granted, thinking they would always be there. The show has been a part of life and now to imagine life without the show. It is heart breaking. I have missed past cast members, now I will miss the present. I am now 51 years old. If I only had 1 wish in the world, it would be to keep the show going. Not money! God bless you all.
  • The wedding reception continues and a shocking death occurs!

Oh my goodness, what a great episode! To have everyone thank Alan for saving Phillip and him to be able to meet Sarah and be near his son and family was awesome. As Phillip walked to Alan sitting on a bench, I just knew that Alan would be dead. As Phillip talked about how his father helped him and that he was going to marry Beth and told his father how much he loved him, the tears came when Phillip realized that Alan was dead. What a shocker of an episode! As Guiding Light goes off the air this week, they are going out in style and even though it was sad for Alan to die, life in the fictional Springfield will go on. It's just too bad that it won't go on on the air. I will miss this show so much and I don't think I've ever enjoyed it as much as I have these last couple of weeks.