Guiding Light Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Rumor and Innuendo - SPOILERS POSSIBLE

boromirbeauty

[21]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 61
    You said it Shera!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boromirbeauty

[22]Mar 10, 2008
    Rumor #4

Will is being shipped out of Springfield for good. I'm not sure how they will be doing it, but it seems that this is his last week. At first I liked him but lately they've written Will way over the top. Maybe bring him back in a few years. Also, he began getting more air time than some of the older kids which didn't seem right, for some reason, to me.

Sherasbear

[23]Mar 11, 2008
    I liked him in the beginning too, but I'm glad he is leaving. Bring him back and age him and he'll be the new villian

boromirbeauty

[24]Mar 11, 2008
    My thoughts exactly.

boromirbeauty

[25]Mar 14, 2008
    Rumor #5

Marcy Rylan is thinking of leaving our beloved show and an unknown male star isn't very happy with the show's new format.

boromirbeauty

[26]Mar 16, 2008
    Rumor #6

Recently fired from ATWT, Scott Bryce could possibly replace fan favorite Grant Aleksander as Phillip Spaulding.

Personally I like Scott but I have a feeling that TPTB at GL will not recast the role. However, if we start to see Grant's Phillip photo on the show disappear, we might be in for a surprise.

supercin721

[27]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 30
    What the heck? Did you just see today's episode? No wonder they've kept the same Philip picture. (by the way, does he get paid each time it's shown?) It's been Dinah all along. She's BAAACCCKKK!

As for Ava, I guess we knew this was coming. They had to write her pregnancy into the show but this triangle continues to disgust me. I can't jump on the Bill and Lizzie bandwagon until he stops sleeping with Ava. How is this story attracting fans? It's a terrible message. Innocent eyed Lizzie continues to fall for Bill while he, in the meantime, literally dicks around with Ava. Come on! Meanwhile, healthy couples that may or may not be popular, like Ashley and Coop and Reva and Jeffrey, get little airtime.

boromirbeauty

[28]Apr 27, 2008
    NOT A RUMOR

As we know, Hawk is returning to GL next week. The story behind it is that he is helping to make a movie about Reva's life. Now here's my question: The strange woman who was at the Cancer Survivors meeting with Lillian and Reva (who then ran into Jeffrey outside of Company), do you think she is going to turn out to be the woman who was cast as Reva? It's the only reason why I can think of that she'd be taking notes at that meeting.

Sherasbear

[29]Apr 27, 2008
    I foresee some kind of stalker issue coming if that woman is going to play Reva....

boromirbeauty

[30]Apr 27, 2008
    Sherasbear wrote:
    I foresee some kind of stalker issue coming if that woman is going to play Reva....

Interesting....

Jared3648

[31]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 11

I have read that Beth Ehlers' contract with GL expires in May, and I heard that GL was giving her a week to think about the new contract. Apparently ABC might be interested in convincing her to come over to All My Children with Ricky Paul Goldin. I haven't heard anything though about what happened with the contract. It was more than a week ago that she was told she had a week to consider.

If anyone hears/reads anything, please post it here!

Thanks!

Edited on 04/28/2008 7:55pm

boromirbeauty

[32]Apr 29, 2008
    Personally I think that it would be weird to see Beth and Ricky together on AMC, almost as if the writers would be trying to recreated Harley and Gus on another show.

Sherasbear

[33]May 6, 2008
    I agree with you BB about putting Beth and Ricky on AMC, I don't think it would work. Maybe if Ricky had been on the show for a long time, but he just got there. I'm sure AMC viewers wouldn't like two newcomers to their show taking away from the regulars...

Sherasbear

[34]May 17, 2008
    OMG, Beth Ehlers leaving GL for AMC is just ridiculous. Especially sine she is going to play Liza Colby, which was previously played by Marcy Walker. Walker and Ehlers are two VERY different actresses. I am so upset by this news, UGH!!!!!

Sherasbear

[35]May 17, 2008
    Another thing, GL better shape up, or Ehlers won't be the last to leave. We need to save this show!!!!

Jared3648

[36]May 17, 2008
    • level: 11

WOW, I can't believe that Beth Ehlers is leaving. I adore her on GL and will miss her to death.

GL is going to have to make sure they do whatever they can to keep Chrystal Chappell (Olivia), Kim Zimmer (Reva) around.

I've also heard that Marcy Rylan (Lizzie) has thought about leaving GL this summer when her contract expires.

Does everyone think they will recast Harley? I can't imagine anyone trying to take her place, but how could they explain her absence?

Sherasbear

[37]May 17, 2008
    I'm hoping that they don't recast her, Beth Ehlers IS Harley! If Kim Zimmer leaves, I would be so upset!

spice081

[38]May 18, 2008
    • level: 8
    Does anyone know who the played the girl that Cyrus met at the gym? She looks familiar but I can not place her.

boromirbeauty

[39]May 19, 2008
    This is news to me. I had heard that Beth Ehlers was taking a month off but that there was no word on her joining another show. However, as much as everyone likes Beth I'm very disappointed in her. GL has always put her to the fore of everything. I don't ever remember her being on the back burner and so very often the show revolves around Harley. Unless they were talking about cutting her salary a great deal, I see no reason for her to abandon a show that has been so good to her for so many years. I think that Hayley Sparks, who has filled in for Beth a few times over the years, would do a fine job as Harley if she is given the chance.

jamie106

[40]May 19, 2008
    • level: 12

First Tom, then Ricky and now Beth. This isn't looking good for our beloved show. Though the actors might be quick to jump ship on GL, I as a longtime fan will stick it out for better or worst. I completely agree with you, and am totally unimpressed with Beth's decision to leave, and I am not even a big Harley fan. I may be in the minority here, but to me Harley has become one of the most self-centered, unlikeable characters on daytime. I think it's now looking like some of the actors, like many fans simply refuse to give the new format a chance, which is unfortunate, because GL is looking a helluva lot better than several other, higher rated shows. I'm sick of fans turning their back on "their" show and complaining about it. Is that the way to support your soaps? Come on folks, noone can argue that the soap bubble hasn't burst, lets work together to keep 'em around as long as we possibly can. I'm not directing this at anyone on this board, I'm just frustrated by what I've been reading alot on other boards, the press, ect. I'm not saying we as fans shouldn't voice our opinions, but if you only ever have bad things to say about a show, maybe you should just tune out. It's not like tuning in is helping "your" show any. Best of luck to Beth on AMC.