Guiding Light

CBS (ended 2009)

jaynashvil

Guiding Light Fan Reviews (71)

• BRING THEM BACK!!!!

I have been watching these shows since I was born please bring them back. Not everything must be real. I miss the whole cast. I grew up watching these shows with my grandmother and my mother. Now they are all gone. I always felt like they were a part of my family and I could not wait to see them again.
  • bring them back on......

we miss them so much and they need to be brought back on,if you were a kid and you watched shows growing up you wouldn't want them to leave either so how about it,do the right thing cbs and bring the soaps back.....the realality shows aren't working for alot us and you may want ot think so but we really want to leave things way they were.....your well missed just ask your fans?
  • Please someone plug the Light back in???!!!

It has only been a little over 4 months since the Light was turned out. I say, why doesn't someone turn it back on?!! Can't one of the actors take over the show? (I.E. Crystal Chappel - Venice The Series) It can be written again, just change the name of the title, buy it, something. Not having this show that was so much a part of my everyday life since birth is really hard to take. CBS has lost my viewmanship, and my respect!

As to the show, it was a constant companion since my Mother's death 20 years ago. I feel so lost without it, empty, numb. It was my contact with her. It became 'reality' tv to me, and a lot of other women, families in this country. We shared this show with our families. Everyone got involved. I NEVER thought it would end.

I feel though, if someone does restore GL to tv, can they concentrate on the families more, and not make it about just 3 families? The Spauldings, Coopers, and Bauers are great, but what about the Reardons, the Santos, and some new families? Towns have more than just a few families in them, with more than just a few businesses. I would like to see the show made more real, but still have the history of the original. This is just my opinion, what's yours? I would like to say to all the actors of the show, you are missed! You are in our hearts, and keep smiling, maybe the Light will come back. God bless you all!
  • I'm PO CBS you get rid of GL for as the price is right come on guys...I would rather go stick my head in the sand than to sit here and watch as the price is right...Come on...Bring GL back...

I can remember watching this show as a little girl... Being 25 almost 26, this is the only show I like watching...Now I have nothing to do being a sahm, my children love this show as well...I love seeing all of them...They are like my family...I very sad about seeing this show go...So maybe down the line here in about a couple of months you rating will go down so just maybe you guys will bring it back to us...PLEASE... Im heart broken... Reba we love you and Gosh (josh) we love you as well too... I cried when Alan died :( cant believe that happen what so ever...
  • I think we should all protest/boycott the CBS stations,Proctor & Gamble for taking this show off the air. I know for me i will not be purchasing ANY of the Proctor and Gamble products no matter how tempting they may be.

stop buying their products, they say that actions speak in volumes well lets' see if it really does? they all are great characters!!!!!does this have anything to do with GM going under???s really bad decision on Proctor and Gambles part as well as CBS! you have lost a loyal fan and consumer....guess maybe i don't matter???i will NOT be purchasing anything else to do with Proctor and Gamble no matter what it is!! and cbs lost another loyal fan@@ good luck to them both. will the GL be picked up on antoher channe? does anyone know??? I mean they are bringing back major characters, how are they just gonna drop this show after 71+ years? i don't get it..i would be willing to bet that just as many men watch this as women///
  • Its like taking away some ones security blanket we all like following along with the people in Springfields lives, do not stop airing this show!

To not air this show would take away from the elderly, the young the middle aged and even some men I know watch this show! they don't admit it but they do watch it!
    People have watched this show all their lives. The edlerly who sit in the retirement centers,and hospice who watch this show daily! and have for most of their lives. New mothers who grew up watching this show,their mothers and grand mothers. Guiding Light is a part of our history! that is what you'd take away when removing this show from the air waves! we all like following along with the people in Springfields lives, do not stop airing this show
  • this would be the biggest mistake to remove this show

i love this show, it is like part of my family, but better
    this show is very good. i was very upset when i read that they were going to take it off in Sept.
    please change your mind.
    Or tell me that the actors want to leave the show.
    I cann't see that you could ever replace this show with anything better, or even as good.
    i have been in love with show for over 20 years, cann't even think what i would do without my GL fix.
    even if i miss a show i catch up very fast, online, this is a great
  • Please do not get rid of this show :( It would be heartbreaking.

In my opinion, this show is by far the best soap on television. It's not near as cheesy as most. Everyone in my family and relatives outside of my immediate family watch this show religiously. It would be a great disappointment if this show was gone in September. After 72 years you would think that this show would be the last one that they would want to get rid of so quickly. This show has been a part of my life since I was a baby and the cast are like family to me. It would be a devastating loss.
  • I don't understand why you are getting rid of the show. I have been watching it since I was little. My mom got me hooked on it. It is my favorite soap, and I think it is stupid for you to get rid of it!

This is a show that should stay on the air until there is no one to watch it. It isn't like the other soaps. I can't get into the others. I work until 3pm when it comes on. I dvr it, and rush home so i can watch it. I don't understand how you can just cancel a show that even the young folks like me love to watch. I talk about it all the time with my co-workers on lunch break to gossip about what is going on. Please please please don't cancel it. I would have nothing to look forward to when I come home from a long day at work. Why canel it after 75 years, why not keep it going and see if you can make it another 25 to 75 years!!! If you don't listen to the viewers what type of show are you going to put in its place?? Viewers should have a say in what happens to a show, Right?
  • I just heard today about the cancellation of GL, and I have to say I'm shocked! After 72 years, 57 on TV alone, I really think its sad to just axe something so quickly, and after so long, its not right.

I have watched this show since I was a little kid (and yes I do watch soaps) and I can not believe they are about to go off the air, its really sad how networks are now so quick to jump the gun on such classic, long-running shows these days. So it had a bad couple of years in the ratings, and I'm not so sure I believe in whatever or whoever determines such ratings, but to cancel the show. So drastic, so fast. So many networks have been doing this lately, and its sickening. Claiming to be due to the downfall of the economy, seems to be an overused phrase these days.
    I'm really disappointed that they could take such a show and especially when its just starting to get good again, with the plot twists, the miraculous resurrections, small miracles and now finally they get a gay storyline out there, just as ATWT which apperently is next to be chopped) and it seems almost as if when that happens the networks cancel it. I have to say, for a nation supposably so diverse, and advanced compared to so many, to think that our minds are still back in the dark ages. Well all I can say is that I thank the cast of Guiding Light for an excellent run, great storylines, and I will miss you. I just hope that those who love the show will remember what it was, and not who made such a drastic and so wrong decision.
    I just hope that maybe one day that I will get the chance to see some of the great cast members of the show again somewhere else. Like Kim Zimmer, Daniel Cosgrove (Bill Lewis III), Marcy Rylan (Lizzie Spaulding), Nicole Forrester (Cassie Lewis), and so many others. I thank you for doing such a wonderful job, at keeping us all so greatly entertained throughout the years, and I sincerely hate to see you go.

Best of luck to all the cast, and thanks again!
  • Love this show! Reva and Jeffery are the reaons I watch it! Mallet and Murina are next in line,love their relationship as well as R and J's.Why is everyone leaving the show? Is the show risking going into non-exhistance? If they (see review)

would only get rid of Grady, Thank God for DVR I fast forward the scenes with him in it cannot handle him anylonger..time he gets what he deserves. I did however like his brother Cyrus..he needs to get together with someone else! But Grady needs to go! Anyone else feeling the same?
    Lizzie and Bill are great together too! I sure hope their relationship holds up and the truth comes out. I'm tired of the bad guys getting away with their crimes, what's up with the police department.. Get those detectives working on it.. It would be a good show to see them get caught!
    I will keep watching unless it keeps going the direction it is going! Slightly hooked and GL.
  • Way to Go, Guiding Light!!

I have recently been watching Guiding Light again and must say that I have really been enjoying the modernization of the show. The setting really *does* seem to feel more interesting and realistic than it did before. The new style of editing, the music, and the pace hold my attention so much more than ever before. Every now and then, the actual picture quality seems to be off a tad, but all in all, it is great! It has also been extremely exciting to see a renewed focus on some of the precious Jeva moments. Keeping my fingers crossed for more Josh and Reva air time..... TOGETHER!!!
  • Shining for 70 years and beyond.

Guiding Light takes a lot of flack, but they've got to be doing something right to last as long as it has. The longest running show in broadcast history, Guiding Light has seen and done it all, and for the most part, before anyone else has ever thought of it.

As a fan for over 20 years, I've been privy to many wonderful stories that the writers of GL have told and seen some of the greatest actors in daytime bring characters I love to life. From the unstoppable Beverlee McKinsey to the up & coming Marcy Rylan, GL has always had the finest cast.

In early 2008, Guiding Light once again took on the daunting task of trying to change the face of soap operas. While its new production model has caused frenzied talk with its fans, no one can deny that daytime will never be the same. And personally, I like it.

May the light shine another 70 years!
  • I can not believe you let Gus (Ricky Paull) go. I am very disappointed, probably the most disappointed I've been in 2-3 years. It sucks!!!! I have been a fan for 25 years too. Ugh!!!

First let me say I watch the show everyday! I DVR it if I won't be at home. It makes my day and always cheers me up to watch it. Usually when I'm in a bad mood, the cast on the show pulls me out of it. This review is about GUS. I can not believe you let Gus (Ricky Paull) go. I am very disappointed, probably the most disappointed I've been in 2-3 years. It sucks!!!! I have been a fan for 25 years too. I LOVED GUS AITORA!!!! Shame on you for letting him leave.
    Especially if it had to do with more money. I mean why?? Couldn't you at least have let made him leave the show--not kill him off, cause now he definitely can't come back. UGH!!!!!!
    Signed, very upset GL fan!!
  • This soap is my fave!!! The only soap i watch. The more drama the better!

I have never watched soaps unitl 10 yrs ago i just started paying attention to this show for 1 week, and from then on I loved it. I record it every day and try not to miss an episode. It gets better every week, and i cant wait to see whats going to happen next. I like the new characters and how there is always a twist. This is one show i hope they never take off the air ever. Anyone else watch Guiding light? Lets chat! Tell me what you think about the show.
    Holla back. Let me know. Guiding ligh Fans!

Sunshynegirls32
  • I have been watching this soap opera since I was a little girl with my grandmother.

Whoever thought of writing a story with cassie and josh is sick, nasty, and disguising. I have never seen nothing like this on the soap opera before. What needs to haappen is that josh needs to go back to reva and cassie needs to find her own man. What would reva and josh's kids think of this, Bad enough you had jonathan and tammy together. Do you dream this stuff up. You should have put jonathan with lizzie and left it like that and had tammy be with her own man. What's wrong with them that can't find their own man outside the family. Ya'll Need To Name It Keeping It In The Family.
  • I love guilden light it is the best soap opera in town I live to watch this show it is the must exciting,fun filling and best of all times. I hope it last forever on tv land.

The best soap opera on tv land today I love watching and waiting to see whats going to happen next. I love all the cast and actors who play ever role on the show. so please continue to let my show come on every day during the week I really apperciate your review.
  • Great and classic show :-)

This show is perfect. Maybe is not perfect for me but is perfect for people who watch this show 30, 40, 50 years. For this people, this show is absolutely number one. For me, this show is not number one, but i like watch this sometimes and i give 10/10 :-) The storyline maybe is not very goog, but for me is... good :-) This show have old viewers... 80, 70, 60 years old, who watch this show for decades. This is sad... this show have small young viewers. I don't understand one thing. In Great Britiain, the oldest soap "Coronation Street" is most popular series... and this show is on tv 47 years ! Maybe is old, but is very popular. Guiding Light is old... and is not very popular. I think, tv should switch this show in primetime :-) This is the longest show on the world ! Tv should switch this in primetime... in my opinnion :-) Sorry for my english :-)
  • This is the #1 soap.

I cant believe Blake Marler is now mayor. I thought after Ross died she wouls be to upset to be mayor. I wish they would show more of the kids Kevin and Jason. They are so cute, and im sure we will see more of them. I have been watching GL for 7 years now. I love all of the characters on the show. Alan and Beth, to me, all ways have a great story line. Just as long as they don't drag it out. Like with Michelle having lost her memory. That was getting old. Other then them dragging out story lines, it is a pretty good show. The only thing i wish they sould show more of is the Marler
  • It's a great show. It all ways keeps me wanting to come back for more.

I have been watching GL for 7 years now. I use to like that soap operas were the dumbest thing on tv. I remember my mom was watching GL, and I decided to sit down and watch it with her. From then on I was hooked. I love all of the characters on the show, but Alan and Beth. They, to me, all ways have a great story line. Just as long as they don't drag it out. Like with Michelle having lost her memory. That was getting old. Other then them dragging out story lines, it is a pretty good show.
  • GL is a wonderful show.I never miss it.They just get better and better.The only thing is I am not to happy with the marvel comics in with the soap.They need to leave that part out.

I was raised on this soap,and I love it.Reva is a wonderful
    actress.The whole cast of GL is surperb.Josh and Reva are a
    great couple and go so good together.They have really been
    through alot in their lives,and I do hope that they get back
    together.Jonathan is a good actor also.My favorites in this
    soap are Frank,Reva,Josh,Billy,and Jonathan.I have been watching GL since 1955.It just gets better all the time.I'm
    glad that Marah will be coming back.I never miss a eposide.Harley did a good job with new super power.I was so hoping that she would have helped Reva.
  • I thought the comic segment with Harley was a blast. I had complete admiration for the writers brilliance and Harley.

I thought the comic segment with Harley was a blast. I had complete admiration for the writers brilliance and Harley. She loved playing that part and it showed. I just wish she had touched Reva causing her cancer to go into remission and allowing her body to get better so she could spend the rest of her days with the one true love of her life in marital bliss until her life ends unexpectedly. This happens only when her contract expires and she is ready to leave the show.
    Reva has always been the light on guiding light. I hate to think of the show without Reva. Harley
    will help Reva fans hang in there and eventually fill her shoes in the show but the love and light in Reva will be missed. Josh should have known better. I hope he see the “light” and Loves Reva even more and tells Cassie that somehow, he was looking for Reva in her.
  • Josh learns the truth!!!

It's been a long time coming Josh and the rest of the Family finally learn the truth of Reva's medical condition. I really thought that Reva was going to drive off that bridge without anyone knowing of her medical condition besides Billy and Jonathan. Now that the truth is out what's going to happen between Josh and Cassie? Will they stay together? Or will Josh choose to stay by Reva's side until the very end? Will Reva get a mircale and survive the cancer do to the love and support from family and freinds? Just have to tune in next week for the answers.
  • i LOVE this show i watch this show every weekday and never miss one day this show aways keeps you guessing.

This show i dont know what to say but fabulous it is the best soap there is and will ever be. i love it like reva and jon oh love them they are always keeping the drama up the scale and i dont know why reva does not tell josh about her cancer but whatever maybe she will i dont know and jon with lizzie baby what is that i dont know it is crazy i would have never have guessed that would you? it is crazy if you asked me. all it know is that i will always watch it.lol
  • All the cast who attended SuperStar Weekend 06 at Paramount Kings Dominion

I just wanted to write and say, I love all of you. You are all so awesome. I have never met anyone as down to earth as the cast of Guiding Light. I won the Scene Stealer with Rob Bogue and he was great. It was a dream of a lifetime to be on stage acting out a scene with " Mallet". He was everything I expected as a person and more. I have attended both Superstar weekends for the past 2 years, and including As The World Turns just made it more wonderful. I have been watching Guiding Light and As The world Turns since I was a young child and I will always continue to watch it.

Love, Debbie
  • I think that guiding light is on fire right now

we have the lizzie, tammy, jon, ava, and coop pregnancy,props to the writers for incorporing lizzie into the boring tmmay jon their i love you but i can\\\'t be with you was really getting old at least they are now reunited (but for how long), harley and gus, dinah and mallet and we got to see the vet rick, beth, blake in promising storyline
    last year i felt that the storylines were hard to follow cause it seems that the writers were unable to keep track with but man now they do i only hope that GL can keep its currrent momentum and keep on getting better
  • I think that Guiding Light is the greatest soap on tv. My wife got me hooked on it. Keep up the good work.

As a man, I think that it is the best soap on television. I know that men don\'t usually watch soaps, but my wife got me hooked on it. There must be more men that me out there who watch soaps. Let\'s hear from some of you and give Guiding Light the boost that it deserves from everyone. Kim Zimmer is the greatest and Beth Ehlers is next. I hope Reva and Josh make their renewed relationship work out to their best.. The show won\'t be the same if they can\'t work it out and stay split. Keep it up, Guiding Light Gang.
  • Guiding Light has always been my favorite soap.

Guiding Light has always been my favorite soap opera on daytime tv. I started watching it with my mom in the 80's when I was a teenager and now I record it on my DVR everyday so I will not miss it. It has become very exciting waiting to see what happens between tammy and jonathan. I do think that cassie should eventually give in and just accept jonathan. After all Tammy loves him. I don't like the fact that Josh and Reva split. They were my favorite couple of all time. I love this show and will keep watching
  • Its the greatest soap on CBS and is tied at #1 with General Hopital on ABC.

This is one of the best soaps still around. It has supassed 53 yrs on Daytime TV. It is the longest running soap. It still goes against controversial issues of framed murder, rape, being married to more than one person, and even the current \"Kisssing Cousins\" story line. The story line did turn me away a little bit, only b/c of the Mac & Billy storyline on Y& R. But Johnathan and Tammy they have that love that Reva and Josh did and it seems that they will last thru watever life through at them.
  • I am 27 and i have been watching this show for 20 years.

For twenty years now I have been a dedicated fan and veiwer of guiding light. I think the show is just as fun today as it was back then. The story lines are hott and so are all the newcomers to the show. The new generation in Springfield will surprise us all and leave us longing for more. (as long as they keep Johnathan around) Im gonna keep watching and loving all that the writers throw at us the viewers. No other show on tv has ever held me interested half as long as this one. this is my GUIDING LIGHT!!!
< 1 2 3