Gummi Bears

NBC (ended 1990)

Gummi Bears Fan Reviews (18)

• Be on films Someday

Sure it'll Be on Disney Movies Someday.

When Cavin and Calla Have there First Kiss though the Films.

there With Sunni Cubbi and Mara Will Grown Up together With New Songs and Music Videos.

Wonder if they Can Work on it.

there New Friend Might Be about a Boy Rise a Dragon Like the Fox and the Hound.

im Sure that Day Will Come Soon.

is Been a Long Time Since I Seed that Series Since I Was a Boy.

• I like Grummy bears

I use to like watch the grummi bears,I wish they were back on tv.
  • A great cartoon you know!

This cartoon is a great cartoon to watch for anyone who likes Disney because it's just fabulous you don't need other words to say that. It's amazing that a cartoon based on candy (I think) can be so nice! It has imaginative and magical creatures and stuff, it fantastic as fantasy. I say it and I say it again. Watch this cartoon. It is nice, but only if you like Disney, otherwise it may not be the 'toon for you. The Gummi Bears also have their trusty Gummi Beary juice. It looks tasty and healthy too! One drink from it solves almost any problems, making it memorable moments of the show.
  • My favorite show as a kid!

This was definately my favorite show as a kid. My sister and I spent hours pretending to be Sunni and Cubbi and even substituted fruit punch for gummi berry juice. The story lines were highly imaginative and the characters were extremely loveable. I wish that Disney would bring this show back, although I doubt the quality would be the same. I have a couple of old tapes from different marathons that were on when I was a kid and it is so fun to put them on and see not only the greatest cartoon ever but also all the original commercials straight out of the 80s!
  • My favorite Disney Animation show from the 80's. My favorite of all of them.

I like stuff of mythical legend and adventure and this series had it all, I am glad this was one of Disney's first animated series. For me this show had everything, every mythical creature and adventure I could want, before Aladdin and Gargoyles, this series was exactly what I needed from Disney's animated shows.

I love how the story is set, a race of bears who were thought to be only a legend are found by a young boy and as the series goes on, the bears find out more about their past. While I did usually record episodes of DuckTales back when Toon Disney was a dumping ground for their old series (I like that is now has new original programming now though), I almost forgot this series until I saw my DirecTV guide and saw it was airing in the morning, while DuckTales comes as one of my favorite classics, this show is superior to it for me.

I feel this shows colorful wide range of characters can give anyone a character they can relate to, I feel I relate the most to Tummi and Gruffi, for example, I love to eat a lot, and with Gruffi I am not usually the happiest and try to get things done when I have to (sometimes ^^;).

I will say of any series that should not have been removed from the air, this one should have stayed on longer then the others that were on Disney and Toon Disney, while I know the channels are for kids and they show what is rated highest with them since they are the targeted audience. but still, this show I feel is good for everyone. While I like watching Gargoyles on Jetix and my DVD sets, I am kinda disapointed that this show has not come out on DVD yet (though I do own a bootleg of the series I bought on eBay).

I would recommend this series to many cartoon fans of mythical legend and those who have kids, this is a good series that would be good for families to be able to have access to for some animated entertainment for the whole family.

And this is a series that was unfairly cancelled due to the 65 episode rule, but it had a good ending at least for the last episode of the series.
  • Over all review of the show and future.

Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears was considered by many Disney at its prime. Although the show was just about a couple of bears coping in medieval times with King Gregor and his troops of ogres the show had great dept with not only loveable characters, but characters you would love to hate! The show secretly had characters represent many different types of morals and personalities. For example there was Zummi, the smart intelligent, but very clumsy gummi and then there was Zummi, the fat lazy and adorable gummi. Not to mention Grammi the eldest female member of Gummi Glen who took care of the rest of the gummi bears by cooking, cleaning, and being the mother type figure in the glen. Then there were the two young gummis Cubbi and Sunni who often got themselves into a little more trouble then they could chew. The show was set in midevil times when the gummis of gummi glen are the last of their kind - - or so they thought until one day they unexpectally came across a series of messages by the ancient gummis when they discovered they were not alone. Throughout the series the gummis of gummi glen often came up with many different attempts to contact the gummis from across the ocean. Throughout the series viewers were intorduced to many different qualities in a person; good and evil. The series lasted for 65 episodes and aired original episodes in various programming blocks. Gummi Bears was part of The Disney Aftertoon (D.A.F.T) The show aired with many other popular Disney shows at the time such as Ducktales, Talespin, Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Bonkers, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Goof Troop, Gargoyles, and many other original Disney shows up until 1997 when the programming block was removed from The Disney Channel and replaced with Disney Channel orignal shows. Up until early late 2003 and 2004 classic Disney shows like Gummi Bears and Ducktales aired on The Disneys Channel's sister network, Toon Disney. Over time favorites like The Wuzzles, Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Goof Troop, Bonkers, Darkwing Duck and many more dissapeared from the network and in to the abyss where they no longer air. Today classic D.A.F.T shows no longer air on any channel with the exception of Talespin and the newly re-aired Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers which are both expected to be removed from the Toon Disney line-up for the new fall schedule in early 2006 for Disney Channel shows such as Lilo & Stitch and Brandy & Mr.Whiskers. The future of these shows that we grew up with and loved is unclear, but they will always hold a special place in our hearts.:)
  • Good

• Disney... You may be evil, but man could you bust out some sweet afternoon cartoons...

There was nothing better than coming home from school to watch the Disney Afternoon. Hours of excellent, I repeat EXCELLENT cartoons. Disney really had the mojo back then, and I think Gummi Bears was the pinnacle of their cartoon glory. It was cool because it was set in a "king Arthur" type realm, and the Gummi Bears in the show were the last of a dying breed. Being the only remaining Gummi's, they didn't know all the secrets of their people, and were continually trying to learn the secrets of magic and mechanical technology that their ancestors made, while being constantly attacked by ogres who wanted to steal their bouncing power, hidden in their Gummi Berry Juice... Am I wrong, or is that pretty deep for a children's cartoon. Yes it is. It's that kind of in depth story that's usually lost in cartoons. This is one of my favorites of all time. I hope Disney digs this stuff out for DVD release...
  • Legendary cartoon voices made this show cool! Especially Lorenzo Music!

I always liked this show because of the classic voice talenes. You had June Foray (Rocky, Natasha, etc.) as Grammi, she played that part perfectly. Paul Winchell (Dick Dastardly, Tigger, etc.) as Zummi as well as Bill Scott (Bullwinkle), who played Gruffi, before he died.

But my favorite is Lorenzo Music. Tummi Gummi fits him like a glove. And for the last two seasons on Saturday mornings, he was on another network (CBS) voicing a feline named Garfield.

Little trivia; When NBC had Breakfast at Wimbledon, Gummi Bears dethroned The Smurfs of their exemption pre-emption (The Smurfs was the only cartoon to air before Breakfast at Wimbledon came on in 1982, 1983 & 1984, believe it or not.).
  • Give me Gummie berry Juice

It would be great to drink a juice and get super powers. This was the story of the gummie bears. they were a broken family that lived in a great oak tree. They were the last remaining bears of a great super intellegent bears. They went on adventures and raided the near by castle. Plus the had to keep away from most humans. They would make a juice that allowed them to jump away from their enemies. Plus, kira and cubbie would get into so much gtrouble. They were the little kids of the bunch and so much fun to watch.
  • A very good Disney show, it could easily replace anything Disney has on today.

This show was very nice, even for its time. I really miss this show. The show featured a bunch of bears hiding from an evil duke and his minions, a hoard of stupid ogres. I remember turning on this show and staring at the tv like a zombie, until the commercials.
  • One of my favorite Disney Cartoon shows I ever seen! This was during the time when Disney had really great stuff instead of most of it today...

I never really watched the series much when I was a kid, even on reruns of the show. But after I bought Volume 1 of Seasons 1-3 on DVD, I got hooked on it! I was VERY surprised how great the series is! Heck I'm a young adult and I enjoy it alot! It has really great characters and sometimes good plot to it, but the characters really make the series good and the adventure as well. Also it has a good catchy theme song that I don't mind that it can be a ear worm, heck there are worst songs to have suck in the head.

I hope Volume 2 comes out with Season 4-6 of the series so I can watch the rest of it and see what happens.

Oh and my mother loves the series as well and the song as well. And we both agree, Disney should reintroduce the series again since it was so much fun. Heck it could bring back more Disney fans. Also as my mom suggests, I think the quick tunnels in the series would make a fun Disney World ride and would help reintroduce Gummi Bears.

I suggest that everybody to watch this series. I think you'll be surprised and actually enjoy it!
  • So great, but ???

I have no idea how this show came to pass. It's a wonderfully scripted show about care-bear-esque little bears that have magical juice that allows them to bounce, and asie from the fact that they talk, they have no other super powers. Even writing it down it seems hard to imagine the guy who thought this up was completely sober. I love Gummi Bears and despite the previous paragraph I have nothing bad to say about them. One of my all time young childhood memories was watching the gummi bears and then playing "Gummi Bears". Another show I would recommend for re-release of the reruns so kids can have some quality programming.
  • A Gnostic allegory.

In the misty days before the unbridled glorification of consumerist capitalism that was DuckTales, Disney released a haunting Gnostic allegory known as Gummi Bears.

How so?

Well, I'll tell you.

The bears live this sort of degenerate life as an outpost in an unfamiliar world where they stand as strangers in a strange land. They know little about their glorious antecedents, the Great Gummis, and are rather surrounded by the decaying relics of technology they neither understand nor could create themselves. They are the last of a very dying breed, attempting to preserve the wonder of this incomprehensible past.

Into the mess comes the Medallion and BAM--the Great Book of Gummi is opened. They begin to recall their true identity, recover their memory and their power.

And who are our villians? Well, the value set is pretty flipped. The Gummis are defenders of a feudal kingdom where a self-appointed monarch rules by force. The pretender to the throne, Duke Igthorn, is the force of change and at least has a little ambition to break the endless stasis (drive which would be considered noble in, say, DuckTales). And Lady Bane is a scientist with a giant atomic model who despises the feudal backwardness that surrounds her.

Yet they are our enemies.

The Gummis have the unfortunate role of propping a up doomed system against the onslaught of change. Eventually, we suppose, the effort collapses and the world progresses (if progress is even possible) to Reaganomics DuckTales land.
  • Gummy Bears . . .bouncin' here and there and everywhere, high adventure that's beyond compare, they are the Gummy Bears. They are the Gummy Bears!

Geek! I know. 80's cartoons and TV in general get stuck in my head and it's there for life. I remember this show as very charming. It taught a message to everyone that watched it. Definitely not like cartoons today-with all the violence and weird imagery. Gummy Bears was what I like to call a tweener: a cartoon that had the old timing values of a Woody Woodpecker or the Mickey Mouse cartoon~yet it was updated enough to keep the attention of the MTV generation back then. It was an awesome cartoon. The nature scenes were whimsical, the Gummies were like real people but less annoying b/c they were bears, and all was well in the land of Gummi!
  • A childhood favourite of mine!

I grew up with this show, so I am not going to forget it that easily. It was a fun, cartoony show to watch and I really enjoyed the bears interacting with one other. Most people would probably think this is kiddy, but I disagree. It is a legendary classic which will always be a guilty pleasure for me. The characters were likeable, and the plots worked well together, making it suitable for both kids and adults alike. It was never supposed to be serious, but I still loved it as a child and nothing can change that.

A show which is good for any family to watch. A true classic! ^^
  • Oh, the old times

7.8
    When I was a child I used to get back from school as quickly as possible cause that was the time this show was on.
    It's a show about a bunch of cute bears who everyone could relate to (my favourite one, as most of my firends, was Cobby) and their adventures. A little too children aimed but at that time I really enjoyed it.
  • I liked it more when my littlest brother was around watching more.

5.4
    I didn't really get into the Gummi Bears show too much when I was a little girl really. But I have always thought they had like the most awesome theme song ever. I got more into the cartoon more back when they reshowed it on the Disney Channel and my littlest brother was watching it and was liking it and then I into it myself with him.