Gun X Sword

G4 (ended 2005)

Gun X Sword Fan Reviews (5)

• Gun X Sword does not fit. Some ideas aren't original, although the series is unlike any other. New Name : Van of Vengeance or Van of the ____.

As I was looking for a new anime to watch and already finished Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, most of Rurouni Kenshin. I thought gun x sword would be kind of cool. Knowing nothing about it I watched the first episode, The translation is quite excellent however it is difficult to read when full screen. It starts with a man in a the coolest of suits, a swallowtail suit and a fancy hat with a ring in it. The world they live in is consumed with chaos and whoever has the best armor is king. The action scenes are quite amazing with Van's sword being able to transform, from rubber into metal spinning it around to deflect bullets. For the most part Van doesn't care much for others, however he will protect people in need if he so chooses. He is in constant search for the man who ruined his wedding and will not stop until he is found. He has a different name every town he enters, such as Van of the Dawn or Van of the devil swallowtail suit or Van the good guy, My favorite is Hangover Van. He always has milk and puts tons of spices on his food. The story progress' with each episode, and there's no filler of sorts. Some loose ends are there but every anime does, except Trigun I've found. Van kind of reminds me of Vash in some ways. So far its probably the 2nd or 3rd most involving 26 episode series. However, its practically unknown. The name doesn't quite do it justice, but those are sometimes the best. 9.3