Gungrave Forums

(ended 2004)

Brandon Heat got the short end of the stick/What happened at the end?

Intranetusa

[1]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 5

Is Brandon Heat a complete idiot?

1. he loses Maria to that old, old, old Big Daddy

2. He is murdered by his best friend

3. All his friends Maria, Big Daddy, the two guys, gets murdered by Harry

4. He doesn't kill Harry when he had the chance. Instead, he shoots at the agents that were on his side.

5. He and Harry then shoot and kill each other (maybe?).

Harry, on the other hand, gets women, money, fame, etc He becomes the leader of a powerful organization, then kills his best friend and goes after the family of Big Daddy. Brandon Heat is retarded, case and point...

And what happened at the end? Did they both shoot each other?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Master_M2K

[2]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 58

I guess you pretty much sumed it up, Brandon wasn't able to kill Harry for some reason and I need to watch it again to understand. I thought the ending was great and very unpredictable.

It would have been good if you put a *spoiler warning* on this thread, so that any new comers won't hate you for spoiling the story for them. ^_^

ultace

[3]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 3

yeah thats pretty much it, it really irratates me when they did that ending i mean they didn't show u what happened, but because that it was a good ending.

Master_M2K if u do figure it out can yeah fill me in and one more thing when mika said at the end would made more sense if we saw what happened cause I have no ideal what she was talking about except the family stuff really was she talking about that, well thats it for me good show.

Chikazu

[4]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 7

Give me a break, I just finished watching this show a few nights ago, and I have to wonder....  Did we even see the same show?!  Brandon is not an idiot.  Big Daddy goes out of his way to get Maria and Brandon together (probably becuase he realizes that he is falling in love with her, and is too darn old).  Brandon resists becuase he kills people for a living (come on, he doesn't even tell her what he does for a living until she figures it out for herself), his life is constantly at risk, and he knows how hard it is to lose some one you care for (the cook at the bar, the other two guys he and Harry hung out with) and he doesn't want to put Maria through that much pain.  He gracefully steps aside so that Big Daddy and Maria can continue the life they already share with one another.

Ok, getting murdered by your best friend and having that same best friend order the deaths of other friends and the love of your life sucks, so I'll grant you those two.

Brandon clearly states why he didn't kill Harry!  He couldn't kill his best friend!  At which point Harry bursts into tears and starts wailing about how sorry he is.

There was no sound of gun shots.  Brandon continued to fall apart as he was doing through out the last two (I think) episodes, and Harry died from his wounds.

At the end, even Harry was wondering where he had gone wrong.  He had ruthlessly clawed his way to the top, scheming against every one, killing every one in his way, and what did he get in the end?  One person, Sherry, who truly loved him, and she was killed becuase his mechinations created more enemies than allies.  Brandon spent his short life creating nothing but loyal friends and people who loved him.  Harry spent his long life creating enemies and people who feared him.  Harry was the idiot.  

Intranetusa

[5]Mar 21, 2007
    ^ If your best friend shoots you multiple times in the head, then tries to kill your friends and family, then tries to eliminate all references to you ever existed.............then he's not really your best friend, now is he?

Intranetusa

[6]Mar 21, 2007
    ^ "Brandon spent his short life creating nothing but loyal friends and people who loved him. Harry spent his long life creating enemies and people who feared him. Harry was the idiot."

Although Harry spent most of his life in luxury, Brandon spends most of his life as a reanimated dead corpse.

In the end, both of them ends up dying.

Chikazu

[7]Mar 22, 2007
    You used the term "best friend" in the openning post of this thread.

Chikazu

[8]Mar 22, 2007

Intranetusa wrote:
    ^ In the end, both of them ends up dying.

Your point?

Intranetusa

[9]Apr 8, 2007
    rawr, b heat = fool

BadKarma99

[10]Aug 29, 2007

Intranetusa wrote:
    rawr, b heat = fool

Dude, you clearly don't like the show so why did you even bother to post a comment? Oh, and you're wrong. Brandon isn't the fool. Harry is.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[11]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 47

Brandon Heat lived for what Millenion truly stood for; protecting those that are important to him. In Brandon's world there's no one more important than Harry so he's willing to betray the Syndicate in order to have his bestfriend alive. And yes Brandon did betray the Syndicate by not killing Harry since you obviously saw the outcome of his actions.

I've erased and thought of different ways of constructing this post, but I realized in the end I could write an entire essay of why Brandon isn't an idiot. You really just had to get it the first time.