Gungrave Forums

(ended 2004)

Which one is your favorite episode and why?

sesshylvr4ever

[1]Mar 15, 2006
    • level: 14
    My favorite episode is when Harry and Brandon die but die being friends. Also I liked the parts in the episodes when they had flashbacks of when they were little kids in the orphanage.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kon-Kai

[2]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 11
    It would have to be episode 2 - Where Harry goes to meet Miranda and drops those lines! "...I'm sure you'll have a good time - in fact I guarantee it!" Spoken like a real lady killer!

sesshylvr4ever

[3]Jul 13, 2006
    finally somebody wrote after months,I like episode 2 too,and the last episdoe was touching.

OrdogToxin

[4]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 18
    If I had to pick, I'd say either ep13 or 23, the former for the number of things that take place(especially at the end, but also any scene with Bear) and the latter for its Bear emphasis and striking sense of closure and realization of a number of characters, while Gungrave isn't a show to watch in snippets or out of order, these two episodes I can almost always enjoy. Also, sorry for replying so late. *hazukashii*
    Edited on 08/09/2006 5:49pm

mog_garo

[5]Jul 19, 2006
    • level: 1
    my favorite was the last episode it suprised me.

sesshylvr4ever

[6]Aug 4, 2006
    yeah that one surprised me too and its also my fave.The one that was sad was the one when Harry killed Brandon

DaveJS124

[7]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 54
    I'd say either episode 24 or 26. 24, because that fight was awesome and Bear was cool. And 26, b/c, well it was the last episode and it had it's special moments.

wario76

[8]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 2
    20 through 26
    becuase they showed some really awsome fights ^_^

Edited on 09/03/2006 1:11am

Master_M2K

[9]Sep 18, 2006
    • level: 58
    It has to be episode 24 - Last Bullet, because that duel between Bunji & Brandon was no less than spectacular

Lonewolf7862

[10]Jan 22, 2007
    I liked the earlier ones that shows how Brandon and Harry got to where they were. the episode where Randy dies has to be up there too

KingofIPirates

[11]Feb 1, 2007
    • level: 32
    Episode 14 was definitely my favorite seeing at how the it ended and the events leading up to it. 
    Edited on 02/01/2007 9:43am

Chikazu

[12]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 7
    I loved the whole series!  But the last three episodes made me cry.  The touch last moments between Mika and Brandon, the fight between Bunji and Brandon, and the final battle at the gangs old hang out.  Oh, and the ghosts of all thier dead friends!

thebigdog666

[13]May 1, 2007
    I have to say that my favorite episodes are 2 till 14, The reason being is because I liked the idea of Brandon being apart of the Mafia with his best friend Harry and slowly worked his way up the ladder till he was killed. I liked the series but I have to say that I don`t like episodes 17 to 26 mostly because of how chessy it was.

I mean granted that Lee, Wolf, and the other 2 were apart of the mafia I just thought it would of made more sense if the 4 of them found out the truth instead of....welll going nuts.

Overall I like the show and I tihnk ìt`s a good come back from the grave, revenge story but there is a very slim chance that i`ll ever watch 17 to 26 mostly because i didn`t like them.

(Also because my favorite actor Steven Jay Blum`s character dies...so yea that was a downer)

princeof-persia

[14]Jun 7, 2007
    I must say the first episode was awesome with Brandon reviving and take out Millenion agents. The episode with Bunji and Brandon fighting together against Blood War was also good. I personally found that the last half was not as good as the first as it strayed a bit from the whole theme of the anime that was set earlier on. The only good one in the last half was the last episode, but it was a bit saddening that the hero died with his best friend leaving Mika relatively alone.

AzureClarity

[15]Jun 21, 2007

My favorite epis would have to be 23 and 24. 23 because it showsthat in the end, all Bear really cared about was his daughter Sherryand 24 because of how Mika shown how much she cares for Brandon.

Oh, I also love epi 18 because (and don't think of me as a pervert when I say this) Brandon's naked. XD

xXxBlueDragonxX

[16]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 10
    I love the series as a whole but my favourites would have to be 2 and 3. I thought it was more interesting when they were a bunch of thugs just trying to survive in a place where very few could. The series doesn't necessarilly get worse from there... it's just that the story changes dramatically quite a few times throughout the series and I think that's why it kept me interested. These two guys had nothing but eachother and a few friends at the beginning and it's just amazing how far they go throughout the show.