Gunsmoke Forums

CBS (ended 1975)

Messages for Love

fhfan

[1]Jul 26, 2005
    • level: 4
    I added some to the blurb for the episode Trafton, but I didn't know how to get it to you if you were interested. I've copied the old data and added more of a summary:

546. Trafton
    gs: Victor French (Trafton) Clay Tanner (Capps) Bill Catching (Brant) Fred Stromoe (Prew) Sharon Acker (Tereese Farrell) John Dullaghan (Priest) Mike Mazurki (Whale) Marie Windsor (Mary K) Philip Carey (Bannion) Jon Lormer (Storekeeper) Paul Stevens (Reverend English) Patti Cohoon (Maria Farrell) Manuel Padilla, Jr. (Manuel) Glenn Strange (Sam) Ted Jordan (Burke)

Matt is out to find a gunfigther who killed two people. While stealing treasure from a Catholic mission, Trafton shoots a priest. Before the priest dies, he forgives Trafton, placing a bloody cross on the gunman's forehead. From that point, he is driven to make certain amends for his past bad deeds. People won't purchase his stolen booty since his comes from a church. He had raped a woman and she bore his daughter as a result. She moved to Dodge, claiming she was a widow and made a living as a seamstress. She has been terrified that he would someday return and people would find out the truth. Trafton gets to know his daughter a little, but he doesn't let her know the truth of who he is and what had happened between him and her mother. He tries to give back the golden church objects to the local church in Dodge, but the pastor who is not Catholic won't accept them. In the end, he pays for his sins by being killed by Matt. As he dies he forgives Matt for killing him, thus passing on his absolution.

b: 25-Oct-1971 pc: 504 w: Ron Bishop d: Bernard McEveety

NOTE: Bill Catching guest starred in 10 episodes of the Cisco Kid in the 1950's.

(P.S. Thanks to all the wonderful people who have submitted for all the wonder info.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fhfan

[2]Jul 27, 2005
    Dear Love,

I find it difficult to get back to the main message board to see the list. Can there please be added a clearer link to the specific Gunsmoke board for those people who want to read things and go back, maybe add things, and go back to read more?

If it's there and I missed, it, could you please make it more clear?

Thanks.

Never mind, I figured it out.

For others who are similarly challenged:

On the top of the message section is in very, very tiny blue letters (I'm getting blind in my sort of old age) are the words: Board Index: Gunsmoke: (and which ever thread name you're in) If you click on the word Gunsmoke, then it will bring you back to the main Gunsmoke thread menu.

fhfan

[3]Aug 3, 2005
    Dear Love,

For threads which were locked, would it be better to never see them again, or can you lock them again?

Please let us know.

Thanks.

laurameyer

[4]Aug 3, 2005
    • level: 58
    fhfan wrote:
    Dear Love,

For threads which were locked, would it be better to never see them again, or can you lock them again?

Please let us know.

Thanks.

Don't worry about the locked ones.

fhfan

[5]Aug 3, 2005
    Dear Love;

Since I plan to set up quite a few of the old Tome threads, then the more recent new TV.com threads will be shoved to the bottom until they are updated.

Is there a way you can lock at least the "Circle the Wagons" thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. If you can, would you please so those people who want to address the Encore GS issue can have easy access to the information?

Thank you kindly.

fhfan

[6]Aug 4, 2005
    Thank you for setting "Circle the Wagons."

One other thing. Is there a time-life limit on how long the threads live before going away for good?

I thought I had one with my entry on the Foundling and some responses. I went looking for it, but I couldn't find it.

Perhaps, I'm just blind, but have you seen it?

Thanks Kindly.

laurameyer

[7]Aug 4, 2005
    fhfan wrote:
    Thank you for setting "Circle the Wagons."

One other thing. Is there a time-life limit on how long the threads live before going away for good?

I thought I had one with my entry on the Foundling and some responses. I went looking for it, but I couldn't find it.

Perhaps, I'm just blind, but have you seen it?

Thanks Kindly.

If no one posts to a thread it will go away in 30 days. The threads I have pinnd don't count.

dodgehouse

[8]Aug 4, 2005
    • level: 1
    good posts fhfn and laurameyer,,,good idea,tnks

fhfan

[9]Aug 4, 2005
    This will probably be a problem for the old threads. Some of those were well red, but people took their time responding to them.

Would TV.com consider puting a longer time period before killing them?

It makes it harder for some of the people who are not daily posters.

Also, it kind of kills the draw to the site for many people would use the old threads as resources and keep coming back over and over again.

I, myself didn't even bother to start posting on TVtome for at least 6 months from my first time reading the old threads. That was one of the reasons, I came to it in the first place.

dodgehouse

[10]Aug 4, 2005
    fhfan,,,you know it might be a good thing to just type in in "topic" in the message area to keep it running, just an idea

fhfan

[11]Aug 4, 2005
    There are well over three hundred threads in the archive. I certainly do not have time to go into each and every one on a regular basis just to keep them alive.

I'm willing to do the download, but if it's going to just go away in 30 days, then why waste my time.

I'd rather find a way to work with others to see if someone wants the information (i.e., on disk, etc.)

It's too bad if this can't be resolved, because there is a lot of good GS information.

(I have at least 23 files with many of them upwards of 40-80 pages (based on Arial 10 pt font). This adds up to a lot of work to cut and paste back into this site. If it is going to be kept for archive, which would attract other people to GS and support the cause, I might consider it worth it. If not, then maybe not.)

fhfan

[12]Aug 8, 2005
    Dear Love;

Is there anything that can be done about the 30 day limitation?

The archives would be a very good draw for new people visiting the site.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

laurameyer

[13]Aug 12, 2005
    fhfan wrote:
    Dear Love;

Is there anything that can be done about the 30 day limitation?

The archives would be a very good draw for new people visiting the site.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

We asked the staff but no anwser. My guess is that it may not be changed because the system might carash.

vttbotsea

[14]Aug 13, 2005
    • level: 3
    I can believe that. For some reason, this site always causes my computer to lock up. (This & EBay).

fhfan

[15]Aug 15, 2005
    Too bad their not in Illinois. I have a friend who owns a great computer business which including building towers and network computers for businesses. He could probably get you folks set up with a system which wouldn't crash.

(Then again, he does work with companies out of state and internationally.)

scudder7

[16]Aug 16, 2005
    Love; I have been trying to register on this GS forum for over two months ( since the first day of it's existence) and have been unsuccessful,always receiving ERROR messages! I have been reading the board, but have not been able to send messages. I have noticed that there are just a handful of members and I think I know why! Something is wrong with your registering program,BIGTIME! Sooo... for those having the same difficulty that I did; Here's how I got in... I registered on the tv.com GameSpot Forums{which has an OPERATIVE registering program}. This established my user name and password into the tv.com forum complex.I think it's a shame that potential members are being prevented from joining the GS forum because of a substandard registering program.After I cool off and get over my MAD, I hope to join in on some civil GS exchanges on this forum with the very knowledgeable members.
    Scudder7

Tascosa

[17]Aug 28, 2005
    • level: 5
    [This message was deleted at the request of board moderator or administrator]

laurameyer

[18]Aug 28, 2005
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

fhfan

[19]Aug 31, 2005
    Dear Love,

Please let us know if the registration thing can be fixed and the time limit thing.

I would really like to post the old TVtome material as it would draw people.

Thanks.

laurameyer

[20]Aug 31, 2005
    fhfan wrote:
    Dear Love,

Please let us know if the registration thing can be fixed and the time limit thing.

I would really like to post the old TVtome material as it would draw people.

Thanks.

You can always resigister at game spot.com. I doubt 30 days for messages will be lifted. They don't want the system to crash.

You can always post old tv tome threads and I can pin those.