Gunsmoke Forums

CBS (ended 1975)

Messages for Love

fhfan

[21]Aug 31, 2005
    • level: 4
    Okay. Thanks.

All the threads I created on 08/03/05-08/04/05 were TVTome threads. It's easy to check if you look them. Each entry has multiple messages within the entry.
    Include also: Final Say Kitty's Occupation
    and Gunsmoke Coffee

Vill re-created the TVTome thread: Religion in Gunsmoke
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

linguy1

[22]Sep 13, 2005
    • level: 2
    Love, it's amazing how the tone of the forum has disintegrated from TVTome to TV.com. I realize it's not your fault and I realize its not TV.com's fault. My sympathy is with you. But when adults start acting like kids it's not fun anymore. I've seen this happen in two completely unrelated forums before. The net has given folk the ability to remain anonymous and trash strangers, and this isn't a good thing. I chastised my daughter once for this kind of behavior. Though none of this venom has been directed at me, I don't condone it directed at others, either. Hopefully the people that want to turn something like a love for a 50-year old western into verbal abuse will think better of it and mend their ways. For the time being I've got the CH DVDs to watch and enjoy. Respond if you like; I won't see your poor-mouthing anymore.

Tascosa

[23]Sep 13, 2005
    • level: 5
    linguy, I wasn't around for the tvtome forum, but I agree it's a shame that some members here are more interested in attacking those they don't agree with than conversing with them like adults. I admit that not being one who suffers fools graciously I have responded in kind to these people. I've enjoyed your posts, and I hope you don't leave. If it's any help, I'll try to ignore the juvenile taunts of those who attack and belittle others here.

kansastar

[24]Sep 13, 2005
    • level: 1
    He was talking about you

tinytim13

[25]Sep 14, 2005
    right...tascostx is tryin to act all innocent, just check out all the postings on "i'm 13 and" it's on the 2nd page, it's called a "smoke screen"

tinytim13

[26]Sep 14, 2005
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Tascosa

[27]Sep 14, 2005
    • level: 5
    tiny tim, if you'll read my last post again you'll see that I don't claim to be innocent in this childish name calling stuff. I admit to responding in kind to the taunts and insults of you and your cohorts. I've also pledged to ignore any of your future postings that do not deal with gunsmoke issues. For the sake of peace and harmony on the forum, how about you and your pals making the same pledge.

Trampas24

[28]Sep 14, 2005
    • level: 2
    Tascosa wrote:
    tiny tim, if you'll read my last post again you'll see that I don't claim to be innocent in this childish name calling stuff. I admit to responding in kind to the taunts and insults of you and your cohorts. I've also pledged to ignore any of your future postings that do not deal with gunsmoke issues. For the sake of peace and harmony on the forum, how about you and your pals making the same pledge.

I would ask those who are trying to navigate through this to evaluate who is making intelligent, informative posts here about Gunsmoke and who are the ones who never have anything to contribute and don't even appear to be interested or familiar with Gunsmoke. It's not hard to spot the internet trolls, who unfortunately show up on a lot of discussion boards. We're all big boys and girls now and should be able to make these distinctions when reading posts.

Al

fhfan

[29]Mar 28, 2006
    Hey Love:

Sorry the trolls hit your board so hard.

I've found a few of the non-trolls, but I miss some of the other non-trolls who were on TVtome.

I periodically check in, but I've been running out of time to do much messaging.

I hope things will eventually pick up.

fhfan

laurameyer

[30]Mar 29, 2006
    • level: 58
    fhfan wrote:
    Hey Love:

Sorry the trolls hit your board so hard.

I've found a few of the non-trolls, but I miss some of the other non-trolls who were on TVtome.

I periodically check in, but I've been running out of time to do much messaging.

I hope things will eventually pick up.

fhfan

me to.

fhfan

[31]Mar 30, 2006
    I happened to note on Season 16, episode 533. The Tycoon. You still have the old scant description of this epsiode.

On my records, I have updated it with the following if you'd like to have it:

Festus becomes a rich man. He is given $500 as a payback for giving a man $10 a couple of years back. The man hit it big and thanked him by sending him money. Festus goes into the freight business with Titus who has found a short cut to Denver Colorado. Titus spends $402 repairing his wagon along with unnecessary frills. He talks Festus into getting new business man clothes. Along the trail Titus talks about eventually buying more wagons, railroads, and paddlewheel boats on the Mississippi. Festus is getting frustrated. He just wants to get his money back. Titus brings them to a toll gate and hides, leaving the owners to think that Festus is a rich owner of the freight wagon and more. Ma Fowler decides that her daughter, Dora Lou should marry Festus instead of the poor dirt farmer, Clarence Carver, whom she loves. Ma and sons are ticked at Titus for accepting their hospitality and ditching without paying for it. Festus' gracious manners just add to the misconception that he is rich. Having finally gone to bed, Dora Lou sneaks in during the night to tell Festus off and to let him know that she will not marry him. He tells her that he can't marry her because he isn't rich and, besides, she is in love with another. When he tells her of his intention of telling her mother this, Dora Lou is so happy she decides to kiss him, against his will. Dora Lou gets tangled up on the bed and her brother comes in with the shotgun while they are in a compromising position. Ma sends one of the brothers for the parson. Festus hightails it out the window on his way to Dodge and help. He encounters Clarence in the barn. Clarence wants to fight. Festus wants to talk. They both get their way. After the parson arrives, Festus walks in with a shotgun and forces everyone to listen. Festus has sold his interest in the wagon to Clarence. No longer a poor dirt farmer, Clarence marries Dora Lou. Titus, Ma, Clarence, and Dora Lou come to Dodge with the wagon. Doc tries to tell Festus that it is too bad he doesn't understand about interest so he could have made money on his investment. As Doc confuses Festus with the concept, Festus wonders if the fact that he insisted on getting an extra $50 over and above the $405 which was due him is similar (approximately 12% return on his investment vs. the 4% Doc suggested he should have charged). Doc walks away amazed and refuses to continue the conversation, leaving Festus frustrated over Doc's lack of "interest" in explaining what Doc started to tell him about "interest" and the fact that Doc abruptly stopped.

fhfan

[32]Sep 5, 2006
    Hi Love.

Sorry, no contact in a while.

I just wanted you to know that I tried to reply using the "reply" button, but I was unable to get the message to submit. the "Quick reply" button worked just fine though.

Hope things are well with you.