Guys With Kids Forums

NBC (ended 2013)

Guys With Kids

djboy77

[1]Oct 21, 2012
    • level: 7

Actually don't hate it.

Particularly glad it's not a bunch of idiot men/fathers/husbands whose women/wives/exes are smarter/sassier/more reasonable than them, which is the more common trope these days (I believe it's called "Bumbling Dad"). Things like milking the forgotten anniversary, or even winning the Shoots & Ladders-decision-making-game (conventionally, she would win because she knows something that he doesn't, like the dice are out of the kids' magic tricks boxset, or somesuch, rather than an even playing field). Some of it is predictable (eg: Sheila's new place being in the same building, which I guessed from the moment she said she was moving), while some of it isn't (eg: actually and successfully getting the couch, rather than getting caught or destroying it; as well as successfully pulling off the anniversary guilt... for a while anyway - I expected her to outsmart him from the get-go - again, standard "Bumbling Dad").

Happy enough to put it on my B-List and keep watching it.

Edited on 10/21/2012 10:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 22
    GYK is one of the best comedy spot of this season and last night Halloween special was one of the best episodes so far. It was one of the top Halloween special of last night comedies block and that is considering that most of last night comedies put up great specials.

haldrey

[3]Nov 23, 2012
    Last episode did quite well mixing Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

Slash_out

[4]Dec 29, 2012
    • level: 5
    Actually it took me a while to start, I recorded every episode but never bothered to watch them and just added them on my "todo list".
    I had to clear some space on my box, so finally decided to watch it. I was expecting for some sub-par show, and I was SO wrong. The actors and humor is actually very good . Nothing ground breaking, but it's a great funny show, it makes you laugh, and enjoy the time spent watching it. I can't ask for more.

I sure as hell won't miss any episodes from now on ^^.

haldrey

[5]Jan 3, 2013
    Happy New Year to all. 2013 is in, the holidays are over and GVK started with a pretty good episode. It was nice to see how all of their back history.