H2O: Just Add Water Forums

Network Ten (ended 2010)

Mako: Island of Secrets

necro_dragoon

[1]Sep 13, 2011
    • level: 18

I was wondering what people think the concept behind the new series?

I think it's a little odd and wondering about the three new mermaids. I say this because I wonder where Sirena, Nixie, and Lyla during the H2O and if the time difference is the same for two years after I doubt three new mermaids would come and take over with Cleo, Rikki, Bella, and possible Emma still there presumably.

Do you?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TracyKwokGom

[2]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 1
    Well, honestly i always wanted a merman in the serie DDD but i also think its stupid to add 3 unknown mermaids in only few years after H2o's timeline.... (as in 2 years after cleo, rikki, etc) because it wouldn't be coherent with the original serie...
    however, i think that if this spin off began with the new girls/guys transforming into mermaids/men and adjusting to their "new" situation will be boring for us, the audience. So i think that establishing the girls already as mermaids will make them a great support for the merman character.... btw.. i heard the director decided to maintain the "Rikki's" bar in the spin off... if i were him... i would rather change the setting a little bit more., in order to make us asume that some years passed from the original story and all the girls just scattered around the country for some reason... and make the spin off's timeline believable for us :3

LBF522

[3]Jan 31, 2012
    • level: 5
    Interesting idea. I will catch it and see how it is.

LBF522

[4]Feb 1, 2012
    • level: 5

I would add one thing. If there is a "Rikki's Bar" in the spinoff, wouldn't fans expect to see Rikki?: