.hack//SIGN Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2004)

how many people wish there was a game just like .hack//sign as am "MMO"

coreystilts

[1]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 8
    if you wish there was let me know ill work something out with some game designers...possably
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dark_Sieg

[2]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 23
    That was the idea behind Fragment, but it didn't turn out so well in Japan.

AEtherBlue

[3]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    There are currentally no exact projects on route so far as I know for and MMORPG .Hack// style game. I myself know of a couple of game designers and I can even get a couple of servers goin. but I would need soo much money donated to get that sort of project done as well as purchasing rights and permisions. Then i need to hire a translator cause I dont speak japanese... (Or get some lessons. (I know just enough to not know enough.)) It would be the most awsome project on the face of they earth and i am sure thered be like, millions of copies sold. If we could get a free version running I would be suprized.

All in a dream my freinds, all in a dream.

zatchbellfan2

[4]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 9
    there is one called fragment in japan but if you check dothackers.com it sells you that there will be no U.S. version being released

zatchbellfan2

[5]Feb 14, 2007
    there is one called fragment in japan but if you check dothackers.com it sells you that there will be no U.S. version being released

zatchbellfan2

[6]Feb 14, 2007
    sorry for spam... slow computer

fehu

[7]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 1

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but there is a game on cyberconnects.com

It is called The World. It is made by Joseph Stacko, who is also making a 3d version of The World R:2. I wish I could play it but my laptop shuts down after like 3 minutes of play. I blame my dad who put it in the sink =(

xXxVigil

[8]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 2
    fehu wrote:

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but there is a game on cyberconnects.com

It is called The World. It is made by Joseph Stacko, who is also making a 3d version of The World R:2. I wish I could play it but my laptop shuts down after like 3 minutes of play. I blame my dad who put it in the sink =(

no i thnk he means the whole complexness of the mmorpg in the anime with the detailed grafix and the visors and wat not all da fancy stuff and yes i would very much love it id play it all day ^_^

TheDevian

[9]Jun 24, 2007
    It would have to be completely reworked, in the actual game whenever you went to do something you had all these drop down menus. when you did so the whole world paused so as to give you the time you needed to brows thru all those menus, and in a real MMO you can not pause the world in any way shape or form. there there is the whole aspect of saving your game. I have never seen/heard of an MMO that saves only when you want it to, typically they all save everything you do all the time no matter what. so when you die you have to go back and find your body or get rezzed or something.
    so there would be way more to it than just putting it on a server and allowing people to connect with the same (basic) program we all know.
    but man if they could, and make it even partly as realistic as they portrayed it in the shows, going as far as to be able to play with a bug flying by or look at your reflection in the stream etc... wow

Kemicle

[11]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 11

TheDevian wrote:
    It would have to be completely reworked, in the actual game whenever you went to do something you had all these drop down menus. when you did so the whole world paused so as to give you the time you needed to brows thru all those menus, and in a real MMO you can not pause the world in any way shape or form. there there is the whole aspect of saving your game. I have never seen/heard of an MMO that saves only when you want it to, typically they all save everything you do all the time no matter what. so when you die you have to go back and find your body or get rezzed or something. so there would be way more to it than just putting it on a server and allowing people to connect with the same (basic) program we all know. but man if they could, and make it even partly as realistic as they portrayed it in the shows, going as far as to be able to play with a bug flying by or look at your reflection in the stream etc... wow

It would have to be remodeled like the Final Fantasy MMORPG.

But yes, it would be really awesome to be able to play it, headset and all.

They made Fragment, which was like a sprite version of The World. Needless to say it bombed.

wolfgirl135

[12]May 17, 2008
    • level: 5
    I might not know what you are saying in half of the post but it would be cool if there was a game like this show that was for everyone that wanted to play.

Meme_0

[13]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 2
    I wish to have the game I'm going to make one,And is going to be free and yes like .hack but more cool

but i yes have to think about it so People don't die in the game and never ,ever get out So i have to work more to make it lol