Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Tokyo Broadcasting System (ended 2004)

deershadow

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi Fan Reviews (5)

• (In Japanese) WHO ARE YOU CALLIN' SHORT?

Alchemy: the science of transmuting matter from one form to another. Edward and Alphonse Elric thought they'd learned enough to bring their mother back from death, but the laws of nature demand a heavy price. Edward, with an arm and a leg of metal, and his little brother Alphonse, whose soul is now encased in a living suit of armor, begin a journey to restore their bodies by finding the legendary Philosopher's Stone, which holds unlimited power. But they're not alone.
  • This Hagane no Renkin Jutsushi episode was quite good- not the best- but was quite sad.

This Hagane no Renkin Jutsushi episode was quite good- not the best- but was quite sad. tyhe chrtacters, are involved in a horrific car accident, and everybody scrapes through with various injuries, and she is in a very bad condition. She is hardly breathing, but they drag her out of the car and give her CPR. She is taken in an ambulance, and is close to death at the hospital, where he manages to save her.
  • A story of two brother trying to regain what they've lost after attempting to revive their dead mother. Full of unforgettable characters, unpredictable plot twists, and an unbelievably good storyline.

The best series out there. It's a definate must-see for anyone who loves anime or for anyone who doesn't --- either way, I guarantee you'll love it.

I found the characters more realistic than in other series where the main character is the fearless person who's going to save the world. No, in this series, the main character, Edward Elric, seems more human and emotional. He's not trying to save the world, just himself and his brother, but he still often finds himself scared or lost. He's filled with guilt and sorrow, and it's hard not to feel bad for him.

I also found the series' plot extremely realistic. It's based on alchemy, and you can really learn alot from it. The alchemical symbols, the principles...most everything is real.

This series is filled with scenes that will make you laugh, cry, or just think. It has a bitter-sweet beginning, and a sad ending. The voice actors really give it their all, giving life to their characters and portraying perfect emotion through their voices.

This series also has an amazingly good movie. It's just what you would expect from watching the series.

Don't miss out on this series!
  • In a terribly unfortunate accident trying to bring their dead mother back from the dead with Alchemy, two brothers lose limbs and body. Now they are on a mission to regain what they had lost, and find the Philosopher's Stone, the ultimate alchemic power k

This has got to be my absolute favorite anime series ever! I've seen every episode, and none of them were boring at all! The characters designs were great, and the transmutation circles were completely accurate (I have an interest in medevil practices, and I've stumbled across a few alchemy books). It may not be everyone's 'cup of tea' but I recommend you watch at least the first episode.
  • Two brothers on the search for the ultimate treasure, not even knowing that they are only pawns in a much bigger game, with much higher stakes then they can ever imagine.

A brilliant show! Emotional, funny, sometimes scary, and intense. The creators do they reasearch well, explaining everything, and filling in the viewer.
    Absolutely original, the animation is great, the storyline is one of a kind. If any other besides BONES did the show, they wouldn't have gotten the same results! Episode 51 is absolutely the best!