Halifax FP Forums

The Nine Network (ended 2002)

What was your favourite out of all the episodes?

Lady_Lancaster

[1]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 41

Hi Guys,

What was your favourite "Halifax FP' episode? I have about 5 that I really liked so it's too difficult to choose. What about you?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

watts32

[2]Dec 31, 2009
    • level: 1
    i like the feeding,unfortunately it seems to be the only one you cant get on dvd.

Lady_Lancaster

[3]Mar 23, 2010
    watts32 wrote:
    i like the feeding,unfortunately it seems to be the only one you cant get on dvd.

You actually can get it now, it's on one of the Case Files, I saw it and Ezy DVD.

lexen_phoenix

[4]May 7, 2010
    • level: 3
    My favourites have got to be "Swimming with Sharks", "Spider and the Fly" and "Afraid of the Dark"

HollyMartins

[5]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 2

Is there a case file set that I am missing? I didn't find "The Feeding" in any of the ones I know about and I always assumed it was because this was issued separately. I bought it as a separate DVDseveral years ago when I think it was the only episode available. However, with all the case file sets, and the out of print "Case Closed" set there still seem to be some shows that have not been released on DVD.

Case Files #1 Déjà Vu / Isn't It Romantic / Afraid of the Dark

Case Files #2 Someone You Know / Swimming with Sharks / A Murder of Crows

Case Files #3 A Person of Interest /The Spider and the Fly / A Hate Worse Than Death

Case Files #4 The Scorpion's Kiss / Playing God / Takes Two

Case Closed - Acts of Betrayal / Words Without Music / My Lovely Girl / Hard Corps

Dangerous Minds - Lies of the Mind / Without Consent / Cradle and All / Sweet Dreams.

I think all episodes were issued in sets except "The Feeding" ?

Edited on 08/11/2010 4:40am
    Edited 2 total times.

HollyMartins

[7]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 2

I only saw them up to and including "Afraid of the Dark" and have yet to see the last eight shows that were broadcast after I lost satellite access to Australian Television over ten years ago.I just today purchased the rest of them so it should be interesting to get caught up on what I missed. However, from those I have seen so far "Afraid of the Dark" easily stood out as the best in my opinion. I consider this a masterpiece and probably the best film I have ever seen that was produced for television. After seeing it I wished I could obtain the rights for a true theatrical release in the United States, as I think it is good enough, with high production valuesto stand on ist own that way.Somebody was thinking a bit along the lines I was, but the American release came as a straight to DVD thing with a terrible re-titling "Profile of a Serial Killer"...such a mundane and boring title, and not even accurate as the killer is really a mass murderer. The cover of this DVD favors Hugh Jackman,and his stardomis undoubtedly why they decided to release this sole entry in the US (Lionsgate).

Lady_Lancaster

[8]Sep 15, 2010
    HollyMartins wrote:

I only saw them up to and including "Afraid of the Dark" and have yet to see the last eight shows that were broadcast after I lost satellite access to Australian Television over ten years ago.I just today purchased the rest of them so it should be interesting to get caught up on what I missed. However, from those I have seen so far "Afraid of the Dark" easily stood out as the best in my opinion. I consider this a masterpiece and probably the best film I have ever seen that was produced for television. After seeing it I wished I could obtain the rights for a true theatrical release in the United States, as I think it is good enough, with high production valuesto stand on ist own that way.Somebody was thinking a bit along the lines I was, but the American release came as a straight to DVD thing with a terrible re-titling "Profile of a Serial Killer"...such a mundane and boring title, and not even accurate as the killer is really a mass murderer. The cover of this DVD favors Hugh Jackman,and his stardomis undoubtedly why they decided to release this sole entry in the US (Lionsgate).

"Afraid Of The Dark" was excellent, very well done indeed. Great writing and great acting.