We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Halt and Catch Fire Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on AMC
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: Halt and Catch Fire

Join in on the Halt and Catch Fire general show discussion.

Discussion
May 23, 2014
Did You "Catch" Halt and Catch Fire's "I/O (Pilot)" Yet? (No Spoilers)

Yesterday I saw that AMC's Halt and Catch Fire pilot appeared on the AMC website as a sneak peak (the whole episode). I couldn't resist the temptation and "BOOTED" it right up. After watching I decided to poll your thoughts and if you comment please *NO SPOILERS*.

**Also since I showed a little love on this community could you be so kind as to show yours by hitting that cute little blue/gray heart button? Thanks! **
poll

poll

I enjoyed what I have seen so far and just trying to drum up some buzz and a little discussion. Oh and Grumpyclown provided some great questions to enhance this:

- What did you think of the characters?

- Was there a lot of technobabble?

- Will you be sticking with it?

- Any weak points you'd like to see improved?

I'll give my answers in the comments below so you can ...Read more
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 10 Season 2
Heaven is a Place
Aired
Episode 9 Season 2
Kali
Aired
Episode 8 Season 2
Limbo
Aired
Episode 7 Season 2
Working for the Clampdown
Aired
Episode 6 Season 2
10BROAD36
Aired
John Bosworth
Gordon Clark
Joe MacMillan
Donna Clark
Cameron Howe

Set in the early 1980's, as per AMC, the show "dramatizes the personal computing boom through the eyes of a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy whose innovations directly confront the corporate behemoths of the time. Their personal and professional partnership will be challenged by greed and ego while charting the changing culture in Texas' Silicon Prairie." Joe MacMillan leaves his job at IBM with a dream: take the one, tiny part of the PC that’s proprietary to his former employer, reverse-engineer it, make it his own and give the tech giant some competition on the home-computer front. The series title "Halt and Catch Fire" is a computer-code joke, referring to the command that causes a computer’s central processing unit to stop working. The series was created by Christopher Cantwell and Christopher C. Rogers. Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein from Gran Via Prods serve as executive producers.

moreless