Hancock's Half Hour

BBC (ended 1960)

francklloyd

Hancock's Half Hour Fan Reviews (3)

• Why isn't this show more popular on here. This is one of the all time great shows. The radio series was funny but the tv series was absolutely classic. Tony Hancock and Sid James are a great combination, but Tony Hancock was a genius in particular.

Why isn't this show more popular on here. This is one of the all time great shows. The radio series was funny but the tv series was absolutely classic. Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch every episode due to the unavailability of the show but of the episodes I have seen it has been top shelf qualtiy.

Tony Hancock is one of the greatest actors in the history of television, and I'm sure that anyone who has seen this show would agree. Sid James provides a solid support but it is Tony Hancock who carries the show.

Writers Ray Galton and Alan Simpson have written some classic shows such as Steptoe and Son and this show is no exception. They are very talented writers, but I think it is Tony Hancock who brings the material to life.

The Blood Donor, The Lift, 12 Angry Men and The Bedsitter are among the best episodes.