Hank (1966)

NBC (ended 1966)

SrRui

Hank (1966) Fan Reviews (3)

7.2
  • NOT THE RIGHT PICTURE

The picture and featured video for Hank (1966) are ** Not From This Show **. They are from a much later show that had the same name, but ** No Connection ** to Hank (1966). Please remove them from this show! The 1966 show was an excellent, but very short lived, romp starring Dick Kallman (not the pictured show starring Kelsy Grammer) who can't afford to pay for college classes so he impersonates absent/missing students. Although the show only lasted for one season, it was the first show given the honor of "tying up the loose ends" and coming to a definate conclusion with the main character, Hank, enrolling in college under his own name.
  • A good show.

Hank was one of my favorite shows 40 years ago back when I was 12 to 13 years old. He was truly charming and so likable. I really liked it that they gave the show a true finale, unlike almost all other shows. The series had a real beginning and a real end. He finally got what he wanted all along and he really deserved it. You never hear about this show. This site is the first place I have ever heard it mentioned. You talk to people and they never heard of it, but, I remember. The other reviewer was right, this show was never going to win any awards, but, it was a good show. It would be nice if it could become available somehow. Does it still exist?
  • Although it would never be considered for any awards, it was a sweet show. He was such a nice guy, you couldn't help but like Hank.

I always liked this show. It was funny...with a great storyline. You always wondered when Hank was gonna get caught. You hoped he wouldn't be...since he was doing everything he was doing for a really good cause. All he was trying to do was to keep his family together. Dick Kallman was wonderful and very believeable. Unfortunately, this will probably never see the light of day on DVD.