Hannah Montana

Don't Go Breaking My Tooth

Aired Sunday 7:30 PM Nov 16, 2008 on Disney Channel

7.1
  • Miley breaks a tooth, but happens to be afraid of the dentist. Can she prove that she's mature enough to get her teeth checked on her own? Or will it be about as mature as her last few schemes to get what she wants?

Miley, as always, tries to prove to her dad that she's an adult now, no matter how many dumb mistakes she still makes. And as soon as she started sticking that fork in her tooth, I knew there was going to be trouble. So once again, rather than being reasonable and listening to her dad, she sets herself up too high and fails. I can understand being afraid of the dentist though. I mean I carry a lot of emotional childhood backstories that led up to some tramatizing fears I have today, and I'm almost 20. The only difference it that I'm not afraid to admit I'm scared and I prefer to grow up at my own pace. The whole Miley trying to grow up too fast is getting annoying, though I thought it was cute seeing her in that dentist chair and feeling uncomfortable. And it was funny when Lily tried to cover up for Miley when she tried to hide her unfixed tooth from her dad. Although, the thing where Hannah went that cooking show and the chef tried to get her to eat that 'toffee bomb' was far too set up. Why is it so hard for Hannah to keep secrets on television? But the way she screamed when she broke her tooth was pretty funny. In the end Miley learned to accept her fears and allowed her daddy to hold her hand. The subplot was good too. No pretty girl can keep Oliver away from his meat!