Hannah Montana Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2011)

Everyone agrees the premise is ridiculous. So why...

Prompter

[1]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    Everyone knows that the idea of a famous singer hiding her true identy is silly and could never happen in real life. So why is the show so popular? Or to put it more personally, why do you like it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

abz08

[2]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 15
    The actual Hannah Montana aspect does not draw me to the show at all. Actually - I'm not the biggest fan of Miley OR Hannah. But I do love Lilly, Oliver, Jackson, and occasionally Robby.

What I KNOW I love to bits about the show itself though, is it's family aspect. The relatives that pop in, behaving COMPLETELY like family, and the family over everything concept with just the three of them. *shrug* But hey - that's just me.

garnergeek

[3]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 14

Hum... good thread. I like to watch it because it is funny, Disney Channel shows are addictive, even if they don't make sense and aren't even THAT good. It's rare that you see a good natured tween/kid/teen show, that's why I think Disney Channel, and Hannah montaan is so popular. All ages can watch without feeling like a baby (but they could use somemore teen things, like teen nick), but there isn't too adult natured themes, and that's why Hannah and Disney Channel itself is so popular, and why I like it

BUT I liked the old Disney Channel better, like with sister sister, smart guy, That's So Raven, Boy Meets World and stuff I think they should bring those shows back!

philcrush

[4]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 8
    every one agrees well your wrong about that i love the premise and some girls at my school do to. and maybe some people like ridiculous premise's ever thought of that. i know i do
    Edited on 03/09/2008 11:26am

sodapopgirl721

[5]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 41

Wow,you're right. The premise of a teen pop star is just so darn ridiculous. But you know, so is a girl who's psychic,. What about a family from the future? I mean, how crazy is that? Or a family of wizards? OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=)

Just kidding. Sort of. I mean, after Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens ended, good DC shows pretty much went out the window. So I watch it as a guilty pleasure - like zoey 101, so stupid it makes me lol =)

shriprema

[6]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 21
    Prompter wrote:
    Everyone knows that the idea of a famous singer hiding her true identy is silly and could never happen in real life. So why is the show so popular? Or to put it more personally, why do you like it?

Everyone knows my hatred for Disney...the shows are good, and are a bit more mature than yesteryear (except for eps in which cliched guest stars appear). But, though Disney shows are good, i despise the hype that centers around these shows...if you used THAT logic, you would have a point. But there are plenty of shows which dont have logic PLOT-wise! For example, why are the Heroes so scared that the Company will lock them up, when they can easily escape? How the heck can plane crash victims survive on a land undetected for days (ref. Lost)? How the heck can a dad narrate to his children how he met their mom, and STILL not tell them who their mom is (How i Met Your Mother)? How the heck can 2 people fall in love, just by auditioning for the same musical (High School Musical)? How the heck can a 9 and 11-year old make a successful band (The Naked Brothers Band)? Its not about realism anymore...its about pulling off the fictitious in the right manner..
    philcrush wrote:
    every one agrees well your wrong about

So far 6 people (including me and you) have replied to this thread...out of 6 people. 5 agree that the plot isnt realistic...so your statement is false. Though the plot is unrealistic, Im not saying its a bad thing, because it HAS happened

sodapopgirl721 wrote:
    Wow,you're right. The premise of a teen pop star is just so darn ridiculous. But you know, so is a girl who's psychic,. What about a family from the future? I mean, how crazy is that? Or a family of wizards? OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=) Just kidding. Sort of. I mean, after Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens ended, good DC shows pretty much went out the window. So I watch it as a guilty pleasure - like zoey 101, so stupid it makes me lol =)

First off, the starter isnt saying that the premise of a teen pop star is unbelievable; he/she is saying that a teen pop star with a DOUBLE identity is unbelievable But I agree with your statement Sodapopgirl721. Disney and Nick have fallen to the extent, that we see Zoey 101 and Thats so Raven as guilty pleasures. But i DO love Wizards of Waverly Place And the Suite Life.
    Edited on 03/09/2008 11:30pm

thesuitelifeZC

[8]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 6

yeah, i agree, the premise is quite crazy and unrealistic for a girl to be a pop star by night AND a regular teenager by day, but that doesnt stop me from watching it! What i love about disney shows is that yeah, they can have the stupidest plots and ideas, but they're still good! and anyone can watch them. I'm 14, and i watch hannah all the time, and when i'm babysitting a 5 and 2 year old they watch it and like it as much as i do! but here is why I like hannah montana:

well first off the idea of a famous celeb is pretty cool. i mean watching hannah you cant help but think, what if I were a celebrity? I'd be friends with other celebs, have a famous boyfriend/girlfriend, go to all the biggest parties and wear the biggest designers' clothes. watching hannah montana you almost get a glipse at a celebrities life and you get to fantasize about your own life.

I also love the show because of miley, lilly, and oliver are in gr 9, same as me, so i can relate to the show so much. they go through everything i do. from going to high school and crushing on guys, to getting a zit and not knowing what to wear. i think hannah montana is a great show, so who cares if its realistic or not? its one of the best shows on disney and its one of my personal faves

Edited on 03/10/2008 12:24pm

DisneyFreak33

[10]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 21
    First off I don't think the whole idea of the show is ridiculous at all. But to me, Hannah Montana is a great show because its funny and entertaining, I also love Miley/Hannah. Plus the songs are pretty catchy.

missyera

[11]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    I watch it not for its realism, but for pure entertainment. And I doubt we'd get this much enjoyment from a show based on ordinary life, cos', let's face it, ordinary life is just so...Ordinary.

Now truthfully, nowadays, i watch the show mostly for Lilly and Oliver. *grins* I can hardly care anymore what happens to Miley or Hannah or whoever else there is on the show. As long as there's Lilly and Oliver in the storyline, the probability is, I'll watch it.

Poweranimals

[12]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    It's popular because it's ridiculous. Most kids and a lot of adults like fantasy. Miley being a popstar is a dream come true. Most kids would love to have that oppurtunity, but it also has her trying to live a normal life. So it's not just a show about a popstar, but also someone people can connect with as well. Plus the comedy helps sell it as well.

nickel2006

[13]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 48
    I'm annoyed by it now. But I still watch the episode with the Jonas Brothers and the new ones.

b_natrl88

[14]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    This is a really cool and interesting thread. To be honest, I don't kno why i watch hannah montana. I think it's partially because it's like a phenomenon and I'm afraid if I don't watch it, I will be missing something...

horses5500

[15]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    garnergeek wrote:

Hum... good thread. I like to watch it because it is funny, Disney Channel shows are addictive, even if they don't make sense and aren't even THAT good. It's rare that you see a good natured tween/kid/teen show, that's why I think Disney Channel, and Hannah montaan is so popular. All ages can watch without feeling like a baby (but they could use somemore teen things, like teen nick), but there isn't too adult natured themes, and that's why Hannah and Disney Channel itself is so popular, and why I like it

BUT I liked the old Disney Channel better, like with sister sister, smart guy, That's So Raven, Boy Meets World and stuff I think they should bring those shows back!

I couldnt have said it better myself.

sporkey18

[16]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 5

i think the whole idea of the show is to bring family together. miley even said her self that mosm come up to her nad say they watch the show with her kids. thats what makes a disney channel; show. not if the concept is totally weird or could never happen. its what makes a family sit down together and laugh and forget about what happened that day. and that is what hannah montana does. the totally dumb jokes that everyone laughs at. the wierd story lines. if you dont like it then stop watching it. id you dont like the wy disney channel is going then stop watching it.

abz08

[17]Mar 14, 2008
    sporkey18 wrote:

i think the whole idea of the show is to bring family together. miley even said her self that mosm come up to her nad say they watch the show with her kids. thats what makes a disney channel; show. not if the concept is totally weird or could never happen. its what makes a family sit down together and laugh and forget about what happened that day. and that is what hannah montana does. the totally dumb jokes that everyone laughs at. the wierd story lines. if you dont like it then stop watching it. id you dont like the wy disney channel is going then stop watching it.

What a perfect way to put it! I personally CAN'T watch it with my family, but I can vote in the November election, so it's not a big deal. We can bond over other things. But the small children I look after - I watch it with them and they love it. Which actually makes me love it more. To see the things that I love about the show and what THEY love about the show are both totally different, but both are completely original, definitely Disney, and then something that HM alone can bring.

pashotshot

[20]Mar 27, 2008
    Prompter wrote:

It might've been because some people like Miley, and her father, Billy. In fact, my grandma actually remembered another show that Billy used to be in.