Hannah Montana Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2011)

Everyone agrees the premise is ridiculous. So why...

leeseygirl

[21]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 46
    As ridiculous as it may be, it is entertaining. Even my parents like it. However it is popular because there are thousands of little kids, tween, teens, and even some adult who love it and Disney will keep it on because they want money. However, I do think that Miley is way overrated. I love her singing, but she just can't act! I know it sounds like I'm trashing this show, but I really do love this show. Its really funny and entertaining. But I think that the main people who makes this show hilarious are Jackson and Robby Ray. Without them...this show would be dull and I might hate it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rebachick94

[22]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 16
    I think it's a cute idea and maybe because it is so sureal, people watch it. They want to see how Miley can keep her secret and how she does it. I like the songs she sings too.

missyera

[23]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    leeseygirl wrote:
    As ridiculous as it may be, it is entertaining. Even my parents like it. However it is popular because there are thousands of little kids, tween, teens, and even some adult who love it and Disney will keep it on because they want money. However, I do think that Miley is way overrated. I love her singing, but she just can't act! I know it sounds like I'm trashing this show, but I really do love this show. Its really funny and entertaining. But I think that the main people who makes this show hilarious are Jackson and Robby Ray. Without them...this show would be dull and I might hate it.

Totally agree with you there. I mean, Miley's alright, and she's funny at times, but its the entire whole cast that makes the entire show tick. Without the supporting cast members, i doubt i'll watch it much too. Plus, Miley is beginning to get an overexposure, with the paps taking such huge interest in her now. I hope they won't go overboard, or else i'm going to get irritated at the sight or news of her.

Anyways, the show is suitable for viewers of all ages, and reaches out to all the different generations, with its clever usage of song titles as episode names and the inner references that they've used equally, so that its familliar to both the young and old.

ger5632

[25]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 24

yea, i find it kinda awkward.

i mean Hannah is on millions of shows and must have been on the magazine many times. So why cant people recognise Miley's face from Hannah's?

maddities

[27]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    Do people think her actual name is Hannah Montana? Or is that me being stupid?

rebachick94

[28]Apr 10, 2008
    No, Hannah Montana is a made up name-you can tell. Who has the last name Montana and who has their first and last name rhyme? But a lot of celebrities use other name for show business. Take Miley for example. Her real name is Destiny Hope Cyrus and people call her Miley because she smiles a lot. I guess she didnt do that for show business though. There's other people though-Pink, Cher, you know.

livelifeloud89

[29]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 2
    rebachick94 wrote:
    No, Hannah Montana is a made up name-you can tell. Who has the last name Montana and who has their first and last name rhyme? But a lot of celebrities use other name for show business. Take Miley for example. Her real name is Destiny Hope Cyrus and people call her Miley because she smiles a lot. I guess she didnt do that for show business though. There's other people though-Pink, Cher, you know.

Techinally, her name is now 'Miley Ray Cyrus'. She recently got it permantly chagned.

But I agree with almost everyone here, this show is so unrealistic, but it's classic Disney. The reason why I watch it because of all those Lilly/Oliver moments, and plus Jackson, Lilly, and Oliver are hilarious. I personally don't care that much for Miley...

EdFan101

[30]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 21
    people's last names can be montana i think i heard it before somewhere else but i cant remember where

rebachick94

[31]Apr 13, 2008
    I know she got her name changed and I have never heard of someone's last name being Montana.

Prompter

[32]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 4

There was a cowboy film star named Montie Montana.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0598936/

But I don't know if that was his real name.

MM330

[33]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 11

There's Joe Montana, who used to play quarterback in San Francisco.

Anyway, I find the show entertaining and funny. Also, it does not carry the depressing, gloomy messages that many other shows have. It's harmless fun.

Edited on 04/13/2008 9:58pm
    Edited 2 total times.

EdFan101

[34]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 21
    like what kind of gloomy depressing messages?

rebachick94

[35]Apr 15, 2008
    I'm not really a fan of sports. I love football but I just started watching it. I focus on the Steelers though.
    Edited on 04/15/2008 1:54pm

gilbertdrone328

[39]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 2

I don't watch football but I've heard of Joe Montana. And there's Tony Montana(Scarface, different pronunciation though).

But the name "Hannah Montana" is highly improbable. What I want to know is why people never make the link from Hannah to Miley via Robbie Ray calling Hannah his daughter onstage. Or at least question why he is managing/chaperoning/writing/producing for ONLY Hannah, while she is never seen with her parents, leading to the conclusion that he's her dad, and his daughter is actually Miley. (Was that confusing?)